Hey Gringos,

I am thinking seriously about getting Shingrix, the vaccine for Shingles. I am a 54, and I have previously had Chicken Pox as a child. I think I may have a mild case of Shingles approximately 1/2 years ago. I had severe pain on the top of my scalp. I showed it to my wife and she saw a rash and a bump. I went to a Dermatologist who looked at it and said it was Shingles. She wrote me a script and I took the meds. She also took a sample to send to the lab. Lab work came back NEGATIVE. At the follow up visit the Dermatologist said that perhaps the sample she took wasn't good enough but she was convinced it was Shingles and showed me pictures she took of the site.

Also, my father had a very bad case of it, as it went from his cheek, up through his eye and all the way past his forehead to midway up his scalp. It was very painful for him. I mention this because, there are studies that show that family history up Shingles risk.

I was planning on getting the vaccine last year , but COVID happened and well you get the picture. Now since, I am several months away from being able to get a COVID vaccine, I figured let's get his out of the way. The vaccine BTW requires 2 shots approximately 2 months apart. Supposedly, the efficacy is 90%. Side effects are: muscle aches, headaches, diarrhea or feeling tired. 1in 4 experience fever or upset stomach. 1 in 3 have swelling or redness in the area where they get the shot. (At least anal leakage is not one of the symptoms)

Wifey is worried and doesn't think I should get the shot.

Has anyone here gotten the shot, and what was your experience?

Name:  shingrix-us-04.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  88.3 KB