Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2289

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Democrats got what they wanted in 2020 -- they got Trump out of office.

By replacing him with Biden, they will have damaged their party for the remainder of the decade, possible longer. Democrats would be far better off today if Trump had been reelected.

Also... how did they not get the message when, despite a historic number of people showing up to the polls to vote against Trump, Democrats still lost House seats, and failed to pick up a single underdog victory in a House race?

While Republicans scored several surprise victories in "lean Democratic" and "safe Democratic" House races, Democrats didn't do it even once in any race where they weren't favored going in.

This should have been a tremendous wakeup call -- that the vote was against Trump, but not for Democrats.

Instead, they doubled down with winning narratives such as trans women in college sports, telling parents they don't have any rights in public schools, defunding police, and extreme COVID rules which their own politicians couldn't follow, even sometimes in public view.

And they handed out trillions of dollars AFTER an effective vaccine was made available to everyone, and there was a tremendous worker shortage, with employers begging people to take jobs.

I won't even get into all the foreign policy blunders, which amazingly all occurred in the span of a little more than a year.

It's like Democrats asked themselves, "Which policies would independent and swing voters really hate?", and then they pushed those policies.

Despite all of this, there's still no humility, and they're staying the course. They're still muttering that things would be so much better if Republicans just hadn't defeated "Build Back Better". And now Biden is trying to cancel student debt, which is just going to piss off the blue collar working class even more.
    I guess it will take a historic beatdown in November to finally wake them up to their own political malpractice.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: Democrats would be far better off today if Trump had been reelected.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Remember Bernie kicked Hillary and Biden's ass and Trump was dead in the water.

I guess i'm supposed to go back to ping ponging between D and R like nothing ever happened.
    Not
    Let's face reality, you do not live in a democracy, our elections are rigged.
    You live in an Oligarchy ran by corporations/media, billionaires and AIPAC.

It would of been nice to force the Democratic party to steal the election from Bernie via the Super Delegates then maybe people would wake up.

It's not even a secret as to why Buttigage was appointed to run the Trans. Dept. It's a reward for helping rig the Iowa Primary.

The last two elections the Democrat Party voters blatantly took it up the ass but because of Trump's whining campaign and Jan 6th those exact same voters are the staunchest defenders of the integrity of our elections.
    Amazing.

Nate Silver shame on you.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Democrats got what they wanted in 2020 -- they got Trump out of office.

By replacing him with Biden, they will have damaged their party for the remainder of the decade, possible longer. Democrats would be far better off today if Trump had been reelected.

Also... how did they not get the message when, despite a historic number of people showing up to the polls to vote against Trump, Democrats still lost House seats, and failed to pick up a single underdog victory in a House race?

While Republicans scored several surprise victories in "lean Democratic" and "safe Democratic" House races, Democrats didn't do it even once in any race where they weren't favored going in.

This should have been a tremendous wakeup call -- that the vote was against Trump, but not for Democrats.

Instead, they doubled down with winning narratives such as trans women in college sports, telling parents they don't have any rights in public schools, defunding police, and extreme COVID rules which their own politicians couldn't follow, even sometimes in public view.

And they handed out trillions of dollars AFTER an effective vaccine was made available to everyone, and there was a tremendous worker shortage, with employers begging people to take jobs.

I won't even get into all the foreign policy blunders, which amazingly all occurred in the span of a little more than a year.

It's like Democrats asked themselves, "Which policies would independent and swing voters really hate?", and then they pushed those policies.

Despite all of this, there's still no humility, and they're staying the course. They're still muttering that things would be so much better if Republicans just hadn't defeated "Build Back Better". And now Biden is trying to cancel student debt, which is just going to piss off the blue collar working class even more.
    I guess it will take a historic beatdown in November to finally wake them up to their own political malpractice.
    I agree with everything you said, but I don't really see the Republicans putting up any viable alternatives. Most Republicans on the national stage come across as disingenuous hustlers/criminals, with Trump being the biggest of them all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

I agree with everything you said, but I don't really see the Republicans putting up any viable alternatives. Most Republicans on the national stage come across as disingenuous hustlers/criminals, with Trump being the biggest of them all.
    His observations are tired and unimaginative.

Druff is old and still looks at politics like a baseball game. There is a winner and a loser. The fact is that baseball’s popularity is waning.

Young people are less satisfied with democracy and more disillusioned than at any other time in the past century. This is true in Europe, Africa and Australia not just North America.

Millennials (1981-1996) are more disillusioned than Gen X (1965-1981) or certainly Boomers.

Across the world, younger generations are not only more dissatisfied with democratic performance than the old but are more discontented than previous generations at similar life stages

This is the best part and we’ve discussed this before.

The main reason behind the disillusion with democracy among young people was inequality of wealth and income. Millennials make up around a quarter of US population but hold just 3% of the wealth. Baby Boomers held 21% at the same age.

Data collected in October 2021 by USA Today showed that 46.5% of young adults now live with their parents. That is the highest rate ever, surpassing the Great Depression.

Finally, a third of all Millenials face renting their entire life. Home ownership is crucial to the America way of life and has been consistently encouraged that past century. A stable and vested population is critical.

40% of “millenials” were living in rented housing by age 30. That is twice as many as Gen X.

There is a reason that Biden is thinking about thinking about Student Loan forgiveness. Saving democracy.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-30-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Load Metric
    I’m no millennial but both parties are rubbish. Republicans have embarrassed me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’m no millennial but both parties are rubbish. Republicans have embarrassed me.
    I laugh at Americans who think Trudeau is a joke.

Sorry Trump then Biden?

Canada does need a shake up though and Trudeau needs to go. But the problem is the crazies want an alt right Conservative leader.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Sorry Trump then Biden?

Canada does need a shake up though and Trudeau needs to go. But the problem is the crazies want an alt right Conservative leader.
    are you guys allowed to leave your country yet?

are you allowed to enter if you're unvaccinated?

are you allowed to protest anything that goes against Trudeau?

without having your bank account frozen?

or your friends' banks accounts who might have donated to you?

fuck you stupid faggot

you are retarded and your country is fucked

you will own nothing, you will eat the bugs and you will be happy so enough you stupid dweeb and don't tell us nobody warned you

Comments

splitthis: He is commie trash

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

His observations are tired and unimaginative.

Druff is old and still looks at politics like a baseball game. There is a winner and a loser. The fact is that baseball’s popularity is waning.

Young people are less satisfied with democracy and more disillusioned than at any other time in the past century. This is true in Europe, Africa and Australia not just North America.

Millennials (1981-1996) are more disillusioned than Gen X (1965-1981) or certainly Boomers.

Across the world, younger generations are not only more dissatisfied with democratic performance than the old but are more discontented than previous generations at similar life stages

This is the best part and we’ve discussed this before.

The main reason behind the disillusion with democracy among young people was inequality of wealth and income. Millennials make up around a quarter of US population but hold just 3% of the wealth. Baby Boomers held 21% at the same age.

Data collected in October 2021 by USA Today showed that 46.5% of young adults now live with their parents. That is the highest rate ever, surpassing the Great Depression.

Finally, a third of all Millenials face renting their entire life. Home ownership is crucial to the America way of life and has been consistently encouraged that past century. A stable and vested population is critical.

40% of “millenials” were living in rented housing by age 30. That is twice as many as Gen X.

There is a reason that Biden is thinking about thinking about Student Loan forgiveness. Saving democracy.
    Beware of comparing generations. Times change. My parents got married in their early 20s -- something highly unusual today among educated professionals (which they were), but very common in the 1960s when they did it.

For all the talk of "kids today growing up too fast", it isn't true. A lot of people in their 20s are living out extended teen years -- still at home with parents, not considering marriage any time soon, and living for the moment rather than the future. Oh, and they're having a lot less sex than people the same age 30 years ago, especially the guys.

In my parents' time, as soon as you were done with high school, you were expected to immediately venture toward responsible adulthood -- whether it was via college or by learning a trade, starting a career, and then getting married once all of that was established. How many people do you know currently in their 70s who weren't married at least once before age 30?

That had already changed somewhat by the time I was in my 20s, but it's really gone the complete other direction now. When I turned 16 in 1988, I was obsessed with getting my driver's license immediately, as was everyone else my age. Nowadays kids don't care. They'll rideshare or have their parents drive. It's just not important to them.

Yes, housing prices have outpaced inflation over the last 50 years, but that's because there was a revolution in the 1970s where houses became seen more as an investment than just a place you live. This increased demand, as more people were buying second, third, and fourth homes, and renting them out.

The population has also grown. There's more demand for housing for that reason, but construction hasn't kept up with it. Big cities aren't adjusting zoning laws. Look at San Francisco.

The bottom line is that life has changed for young people, and they can't complain that the housing market hasn't changed to accommodate them.

Load Metric
    @Druff

Nowhere in my post did I speculate about why. I simply reported what is. This information is very useful for macro trends (and politics)
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-30-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Load Metric
    I have a sister-in-law who is a relatively newly minted realtor which has been a money saver for the family. She is an idiot as all realtors are generally. At least she is with regard to real estate.

She was constantly telling the kids during Covid that housing prices will fall (this year). Useless info. Total cost rose

Here’s a fun spreadsheet. Spectacular changes in 60 days. Interest rate is 5.45% or so now…. and not for long

Name:  463B9BDD-DC10-40BC-976F-7CADC89E1419.jpeg
Views: 274
Size:  588.5 KB

Top group is calculations on 5% down. The bottom figures are 20% down.

DTI is “debt to equity”. Required income jumps.

Dwell on it for a bit.

I had my first house when interest rates were over 10%.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-30-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Load Metric
    If you don’t have a house or a family you are much less vested in the community and politics. It has always been something of an American value and goal to encourage home ownership and families for precisely that reason.

People who have nothing tend to give less of a fuck. They generally aren’t Republicans anyway. Maybe they are angry populists.

I got into rental property at the tail end of covid so I’m perfectly fine with things the way they are. I hated the Monetary expansion and I don’t think 28 year olds living with mommy is a great thing for society but I am a realist and took the free money and the home ownership fail.

I accept that Millenials will get loans forgiven. I hate that too as a guy with a blue collar sensibility but I sorta get we are in a bit of trouble as a society with the kids. Here’s your handout.

Useless colleges will get even more bloated. Nothing gets fixed. There is no reset.

Do you remember the talk of handing out $25-40k for first time purchasers? I’ll find it. We occupy a truly retarded and troubled era.

Good luck to us.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-30-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    We're dying!
    Go to 4;15 to hear the CEO of a life ins. company describe all the deaths that are happening.
    This isn't an anti or pro vax just an observation.

Comments

splitthis: It’s the vaxxxxxx

Load Metric
    Really enjoying my 4.50 a gallon gas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Looks like that bald scammer forgot name bankroll

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Sorry Trump then Biden?

fuck you stupid faggot

you will own nothing, you will eat the bugs and you will be happy so enough you stupid dweeb and don't tell us nobody warned you
    Yes just back from a trip. Yes you can enter unvaccinated.

Yes you can protest. Just don’t occupy borders or Ottawa. There’s 0% chance you could do the same in Washington or at borders.

We currently have no covid rules here same as the US.

Load Metric
    If you don’t have a house or a family you are much less vested in the community and politics. It has always been something of an American value and goal to encourage home ownership and families for precisely that reason.

People who have nothing tend to give less of a fuck. They generally aren’t Republicans anyway. Maybe they are angry populists.

I got into rental property at the tail end of covid so I’m perfectly fine with things the way they are. I hated the Monetary expansion and I don’t think 28 year olds living with mommy is a great thing for society but I am a realist and took the free money and the home ownership fail.

I accept that Millenials will get loans forgiven. I hate that too as a guy with a blue collar sensibility but I sorta get we are in a bit of trouble as a society with the kids. Here’s your handout.

Useless colleges will get even more bloated. Nothing gets fixed. There is no reset.

Do you remember the talk of handing out $25-40k for first time purchasers? I’ll find it. We occupy a truly retarded and troubled era.

Good luck to us.
    Covid handouts allowed the rich to get more rich.

Maybe the student loans will help the middle class?

Seems like one group is missing from these hand outs…….

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

fuck you stupid faggot

Yes just back from a trip. Yes you can enter unvaccinated.

Yes you can protest. Just don’t occupy borders or Ottawa. There’s 0% chance you could do the same in Washington or at borders.

We currently have no covid rules here same as the US.
    two weeks to flatten the curve!

Comments

splitthis: More like flatten freedom those fucking commies fuck them

Sloppy Joe: ^bloodthirsty murdering cunt who loves jesus

Gold
    Load Metric
    Well Jen Psaki's leaving, meet her replacement.
    She's gay and black, this is a historic moment. not
    Name:  5f6c1aa2e7e29014296c3e43_o_U_v2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  143.0 KB

Oh great, a diversity hire. This is going to be a disaster.

Comments

devidee: This is my favorite Netflix series

splitthis: Tired of their shit

Load Metric
    Between Biden, Kamala Harris & Blinken I thought Psaki was the only one capable of expressing a coherent thought. I often felt Jen Psaki was doing what most Presidents used to do.

Psaki is gonna cash in. It woulda been all downhill from here.

Politics is theater and I’m not certain the decision making behind this and the timing. Don’t think that her exit wasn’t coordinated and approved. She cannot unilaterally just say, “I’m out”.

Let us turn to the Austists for guidance. This really isn’t a bad take.

Comments

1marley1: Terrible take. Yours is worse tho

herbertstemple: offset

Sloppy Joe: LOL autism

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Name:  291A7180-927F-4419-AB67-C88801D5F4C5.jpeg
Views: 177
Size:  74.9 KB

This is the worst it’s been in the history of this country.

(prolly the Russians fault)

Comments

splitthis: Purposeful destruction

Thread Information