Page 46 of 115 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ben Sasse owning Merrick Garland super hard today at this hearing.

Keep in mind that Sasse was one of the Republicans who ran afoul of the Trump GOP, and his national political viability suffered for it, so you can't even say he's a MAGA guy trying to rile people up.

He kept demanding Garland explain why DOJ involvement is needed involving parents at school board meetings, and kept getting non-answers. Laughably Garland admitted they don't even have any data presently which suggests that violence (or threats of violence) aimed at school board officials is a major problem which needs federal interference. Remember, these sorts of things have always been investigated by local police, and there's no reason it should go beyond that. In fact, school districts are a subset of local government, and schools are state-funded and state-ruled, so it's baffling why the federal government needs to get involved in any threats against them, especially since they don't have any evidence that this is a big problem.

Garland couldn't answer to any of this, other than repeating "I'm against violence" and "We're just assessing risk", without explaining why the federal government is getting involved at all.

What a beatdown.

Comments

splitthis: Merrick sucks

Load Metric
    Michael Douglas is right.

There should be more political parties besides Republicans and Democrats.

Or maybe just get rid of ALL political parties.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ted Cruz being kind of an asshole here, but Garland again is super evasive, and laughably at the end he refuses to answer a simple Yes/No question where it's obvious what the answer is anyway.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ted Cruz being kind of an asshole here, but Garland again is super evasive, and laughably at the end he refuses to answer a simple Yes/No question where it's obvious what the answer is anyway.

At the time it happened I thought Garland not getting on the supreme court when nominated my Obama was a terrible disservice by Mitch McConnell but now I'm happy he's not there. I never thought I'd be happy we have a conservative supreme court but I am now, my opinion on abortion notwithstanding. Also, Ben Sasse. I could see him as a credible candidate. Is he going to be making a run?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

At the time it happened I thought Garland not getting on the supreme court when nominated my Obama was a terrible disservice by Mitch McConnell but now I'm happy he's not there. I never thought I'd be happy we have a conservative supreme court but I am now, my opinion on abortion notwithstanding. Also, Ben Sasse. I could see him as a credible candidate. Is he going to be making a run?
    He may run but he will never be the Republican candidate as long as the party is owned by Trump. Trump or someone like him will be the nominee.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

He may run but he will never be the Republican candidate as long as the party is owned by Trump. Trump or someone like him will be the nominee.
    So basically the republicans are too stubborn or too stupid to put up a candidate who can draw in the middle? A moderate R would be a shoe in for '24!

Load Metric

Keep in mind that Sasse was one of the Republicans who ran afoul of the Trump GOP, and his national political viability suffered for it, so you can't even say he's a MAGA guy trying to rile people up.

He kept demanding Garland explain why DOJ involvement is needed involving parents at school board meetings, and kept getting non-answers. Laughably Garland admitted they don't even have any data presently which suggests that violence (or threats of violence) aimed at school board officials is a major problem which needs federal interference. Remember, these sorts of things have always been investigated by local police, and there's no reason it should go beyond that. In fact, school districts are a subset of local government, and schools are state-funded and state-ruled, so it's baffling why the federal government needs to get involved in any threats against them, especially since they don't have any evidence that this is a big problem.

Garland couldn't answer to any of this, other than repeating "I'm against violence" and "We're just assessing risk", without explaining why the federal government is getting involved at all.

What a beatdown.
    Yeah he’s really being “owned” LOL

You say that because you agree with him.

In reality this is all for show. The Justice Department will continue to uphold administration policy and will not be affected at all by Sasse or anyone else.

Right wing terrorist violence is a serious problem not only for local government but in many other aspects of life and the federal government is 100% entitled to be involved, and should be.

“This is a local issue,” that’s what they were saying in the south when those hillbilly fucks were lynching black people, denying voting rights and every other form of Jim Crow terrorism.

They should be sending the national guard to put down these terrorist fucks, like Ike did to integrate the schools.

Comments

splitthis: Dumb

Gold
    Load Metric

What a beatdown.

In reality this is all for show. The Justice Department will continue to uphold administration policy and will not be affected at all by Sasse or anyone else.

Right wing terrorist violence is a serious problem not only for local government but in many other aspects of life and the federal government is 100% entitled to be involved, and should be.

“This is a local issue,” that’s what they were saying in the south when those hillbilly fucks were lynching black people, denying voting rights and every other form of Jim Crow terrorism.

They should be sending the national guard to put down these terrorist fucks, like Ike did to integrate the schools.
    You're wrong, Walter. You can't compare lynching and voting issues and Jim Crow, etc etc to non-violent parents who happen to dissent on issues you support. I find this to be a very dangerous place for the government to be operating.

Platinum
    Load Metric

What a beatdown.

Remember in the Summer of 2020 when Dems thought the rioting was just peaceful protesting? Now all of a sudden they're terrified of parents at school board meetings that haven't committed any acts of violence or burned any buildings down.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Remember in the Summer of 2020 when Dems thought the rioting was just peaceful protesting? Now all of a sudden they're terrified of parents at school board meetings that haven't committed any acts of violence or burned any buildings down.
    We cannot outlaw dissent in a free country. The rioters destroyed public and private property, disrupted commerce and made being a police officer one of the worst jobs in America. In most cases these rioters never faced any consequences for their actions. But lets bring in the FBI when parents won't fall in line with whatever rules and requirements their local schools wish to impose on them?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is a fine line between threats of violence and protest at things like this. And when violence does occur, local police should be able to handle it, unless there is such an epidemic of this to where local police can't stop it.

Otherwise, there is no reason for such involvement, especially involving a politically charged issue.

As was stated by Cruz, one of the "incidents" reported as justification for DOJ involvement was a parent giving a Nazi salute as a way of mocking the school board for being Nazis. That's constiutionally protected speech, and should never be considered a federal crime, even if it's a stupid thing to do. However, you can easily see how the DOJ could twist this into being some sort of white supremacist threat of violence, and the person arrested.

It's absurd that the DOJ is getting involved in local issues like these, while at the same time acknowledging that they don't even know that there's any kind of real problem with violence directed at school board members. It really is a form of intimidation, where parents will be afraid to vigorously argue or protest at school board meetings, with the threat of federal terrorism charges looming. It's the same reason all of us are afraid to complain about any issue on airplanes while on the plane, even if totally justified. It can be twisted into an "unruly passenger" and "danger to the flight", and you can be federally charged. At least this is semi-understandable because people on planes are captive, and police can't board to solve problems while the flight is in the air. However, people shouldn't fear DOJ reprisals for spirited protest at school board meetings.

Load Metric

You're wrong, Walter. You can't compare lynching and voting issues and Jim Crow, etc etc to non-violent parents who happen to dissent on issues you support. I find this to be a very dangerous place for the government to be operating.
    I’m not talking about people expressing their views, which is very important and which I support even if I disagree with them. I’m talking about those who have crossed the line into threats of violence or actual violence. And not only school boards but the threat of violence to interfere with elections, etc.

Load Metric

The peaceful protestors should be left alone, the violent ones should face the consequences.

Platinum
    Load Metric

The peaceful protestors should be left alone, the violent ones should face the consequences.
    So why aren't the parents being left alone?

Load Metric
    Feds getting involved in a school board issue is incredible. What a great video.

CIA gonna have guys in dark suits with earphones in the back of the meetings? It’s possible because the Feds clearly find this reasonable.

Weaponizing the Justice Department is not unique to Biden’s crowd though. All recent administrations have been corrupt in this regard.

Gold
    Load Metric

I’m not talking about people expressing their views, which is very important and which I support even if I disagree with them. I’m talking about those who have crossed the line into threats of violence or actual violence. And not only school boards but the threat of violence to interfere with elections, etc.
    ok, thats fair. You didn't make that clear previously.

Load Metric

What a beatdown.

Well, you're correct in saying that this is all for show. But, Garland did get caught being used as a tool for the Lefty Nut jobs in the White House and the Teacher's unions that own them. He's being completely disingenuous in his responses, and it's clear that he had no business being on the Supreme Court.

Left wing terrorist violence is just a big of a problem as the idiots on the right -see Portland and Seattle any night of the week. Humorously, the DOJ sees no need to get involved there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Feds getting involved in a school board issue is incredible. What a great video.

CIA gonna have guys in dark suits with earphones in the back of the meetings? It’s possible because the Feds clearly find this reasonable.

Weaponizing the Justice Department is not unique to Biden’s crowd though. All recent administrations have been corrupt in this regard.
    Correct.

This started with Obama, and now it's happening with every President. And yes, Trump did it too.

However, Garland claimed he was above all this and would break this disturbing cycle of partisan DOJs, but indeed he succumbed to the temptation to do the bidding of the one who brought him there.

Load Metric
    Joe Biden is dividing this country worse than Trump ever could, he is a disgrace and disaster to the presidency of the United States of America.

he talk about build back better(stolen btw) but he wants us fighting each other, unlike Trump who wanted us united.

fight me in real life any of you faggot fuckers

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information