Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    She could really piss the left off by switching parties and give Mitch the leadership back. End of Biden agenda.

I often wondered why the GOP hasn’t done more to get Manchin to switch. It’s a GOP state and he is probably the last Dem senator from that state when he retires.
    Republicans are better off with Sinema as a Democrat.

You're correct about Manchin being an outlier -- a Democratic Senator in a highly red state. If he were to retire (or switch parties), no Democrat would win in West Virginia for a long time. Trump won there 68-29 in 2020. So there's nothing to be gained on the Republican side by having Manchin switch his listed party affiliation.

Sinema is a different story. Arizona is now a purple state, and Sinema was proof that Democratic Senators can win the general election there. If Sinema were to switch parties, she would have to face a Democrat in the general election, and perhaps lose. If she stays as a Democrat, the chance of knocking her out in the primary is very small, so oddly Democrats would have to root for a Republican challenger beating her in the general election, and then subsequently losing to a different Democrat in a future election. That's part of the reason they're so furious at her, and not quite as much at Manchin.

Also, they expected Manchin to be a conservative Democrat who could be a pain in the ass, but they thought Sinema would be a moderate-but-fairly-solid Dem. She's been far more Manchin-like than anyone expected, and that pisses them off, because they know they're stuck with her for awhile, and the Senate is so close. Democrats had this fantasy that they could pass a lot of legislation with all three houses, provided they could either get Manchin to go along or get one moderate Republican to vote with them. Instead, they're having to fight TWO moderates in their own party, and it just brings down all of the major (and crazy) game-changing legislation they want to pass.

Right now the new tactic is to keep putting out the threat that they're going to primary her out if she doesn't shape up, but I just don't see it happening. Arizona Democrats aren't New England Democrats. They tend to be moderate themselves, and while supposedly 1/3 of the AZ Dems view her negatively, that's not going to be enough to push her out. In general, short of a big scandal (which she's unlikely to have), voters just don't like primarying out the incumbent. Also, her moderation will probably make it fairly easy to win the general elections, given that a lot of Republicans view her favorably right now. Hell, if I were in AZ, she'd be the second Democrat I'd ever vote for -- the other being Jerry Brown in his last gubernatorial term, but that was moot because he was winning anyway. I gave Brown my vote because I felt he earned it by being his own man and frequently telling the CA Dems to eat shit with a lot of dumb stuff they wanted to do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I find it hilarious how the Dems were so proud that they helped push so hard to get the first open bisexual elected to the US Senate, as well as the first female Senator from Arizona.

What progress!

Somehow that progress doesn't matter, though, when she only votes with them 75% of the time, instead of near 100%.

As always with the left, they celebrate your identity as long as you agree with them. Once you start thinking for yourself, all of a sudden your triumphs as part of a marginalized group don't matter anymore. Just ask any successful black conservative how they're treated by Democrats.

Load Metric
    Druff making it through the Facebook outage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Those message boards must be popping today after being shut down, glad he has his talking points back.

Been a tough month for our guy.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Those message boards must be popping today after being shut down, glad he has his talking points back.

I always have my own talking points. I don't need Facebook groups for that.

Unlike certain Portland soyboys who need to watch CNN before giving their opinions here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Unlike certain Portland soyboys who need to watch CNN before giving their opinions here.
    Guy is a total knob, for years he keeps repeating I have bastardized kids, unemployed, dead beat father, etc.. It's just hilarious what a weird little man this guy is, making stuff up in his mind day after day. Typical CNN loyalist.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: We'll always have Perth

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Almost as bad as his butt boy Wally.

Gold
    Load Metric

the democrats make it so easy for their opposition and independents to dislike and distrust them. That's a fact. Nobody needs facebook message board or any other group to figure that out.

Load Metric
    There is no denying that Druff is the social media equivalent of one of the Pilgrims coming over on the Mayflower in 1620. Party lines, BBS and phone freaking. He was there at the birth and loved it so.

It isn’t realistic to think Druff is or was immune from some degree of artificial political stimulation. He is a child of the times and embraced it with both arms.

I’m just celebrating Facebook Day today at Druff’s expense. Fuck Zuck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is no denying that Druff is the social media equivalent of one of the Pilgrims coming over on the Mayflower in 1620. Party lines, BBS and phone freaking. He was there at the birth and loved it so.

It isn’t realistic to think Druff is or was immune from some degree of artificial political stimulation. He is a child of the times and embraced it with both arms.

I’m just celebrating Facebook Day today at Druff’s expense. Fuck Zuck.
    I am not, and have never been, a Zuck fan. I always thought the guy was a cold, profit-obsessed machine with zero fucks to give about anything else.

The only warmth I have for Facebook is the fact that my son exists as an indirect result of the site's existence. Had Facebook not been a thing in 2009, it's almost impossible that I would have reconnected with Ben's mom, an old college friend with whom I had lost touch with since early 1994.

Even my first day on Facebook alarmed me. I initially signed up with only my name and e-mail address, and gave no other info. I figured I'd fill the rest out later. I came back on a few days later, and was shocked to see friend suggestion of a girl I knew in college (a different girl -- not Ben's mom). I thought to myself, "How the fuck did Facebook realize I knew her?"

It turned out it suggested me as a friend because it intrusively asked her to upload her e-mail list to "help connect with people", and she stupidly did it. In reality, it held those e-mail addresses and would suggest that person as a friend as soon as they signed onto Facbeook for the first time.

So I added that girl, and a few days later, it suggested another girl who was a mutual friend of ours -- Ben's mom. I added her, messaged her asking, "Do you remember me?", and that was the beginning.

Comments

Sanlmar: mind appears right here.

Load Metric

Constantly going straw man and/or whatabout is not original at all. The whuddas you crank out may be original but the playbook is all the same.

I'll give you credit on one front, hard to imagine another self-respecting man going full Raymond Babbitt and threatening to sue for emotional distress over their involvement being exposed from REDACTED. That's a level of self-cuckery that even the Republican party could never stand by.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I just wanna say, I’m certain I read someone in this thread say Biden isn’t senile. Bravo, fine poster, that was hilarious.

Comments

splitthis: They all are lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    I just wanna say, I’m certain I read someone in this thread say Biden isn’t senile. Bravo, fine poster, that was hilarious.
    The Dems actually love that he's senile, because he wants to be seen as a transformational President (not just a one-term placeholder), but knows he doesn't have the wherewithal to do it. So basically they just hide him in the basement, steer the ship for him, and he rubber stamps most of the radical bullshit they put out.

That's why it's so infuriating to Dems that Manchin and Sinema exist. They keep getting in the way, much of the most radical stuff either dies or gets neutered. This is NOT what they pictured when they captured all three houses, following the dual Georgia Senate wins.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised thus far with this situation. I knew about Manchin, but to basically have two of him is very effective when they have 50 seats and need 50 votes.

Republicans need to just stand down and let Democrats do/say stupid shit, and let them hang themselves over the next year. The worst the GOP can do is push hot-button issues like abortion restrictions, or let any kind of bullshit election steal talk dominate the news. The best strategy here is to keep quiet and let the Dems beat themselves, which they're really good at doing these days.

Load Metric
    Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema are not moderates.

They don't give a shit about anyone but themselves and they are Democrat in name only.

Biden needs to show some balls and defund Arizona and West Virginia. Then negotiate with these bastards.

The way things look now, Biden will be lucky to raise the debt ceiling and nothing else will get passed.

The $3.5 Trillion bill will never pass with these assholes around.

Load Metric
    Others may have said that, but you may be thinking of me. And I am correct.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    The Dems actually love that he's senile, because he wants to be seen as a transformational President (not just a one-term placeholder), but knows he doesn't have the wherewithal to do it. So basically they just hide him in the basement, steer the ship for him, and he rubber stamps most of the radical bullshit they put out.

That's why it's so infuriating to Dems that Manchin and Sinema exist. They keep getting in the way, much of the most radical stuff either dies or gets neutered. This is NOT what they pictured when they captured all three houses, following the dual Georgia Senate wins.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised thus far with this situation. I knew about Manchin, but to basically have two of him is very effective when they have 50 seats and need 50 votes.

Republicans need to just stand down and let Democrats do/say stupid shit, and let them hang themselves over the next year. The worst the GOP can do is push hot-button issues like abortion restrictions, or let any kind of bullshit election steal talk dominate the news. The best strategy here is to keep quiet and let the Dems beat themselves, which they're really good at doing these days.
    You gotta think bigger. Globally. He (the United States) is getting his ass handed to him diplomatically. Every day is fail. Gotta reheat the BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING thread.

Discussions are held diplomatically every single day now. Turkey & Erdoğan was a recent mammoth embarrassment. Putin just scoops up the rebounds and lays them in.

War is coming or some kind of anal violation anyway. For now the Facebook crowd is oblivious apparently

He isn’t all there

Load Metric

You gotta think bigger. Globally. He (the United States) is getting his ass handed to him diplomatically. Every day is fail. Gotta reheat the BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING thread.

Discussions are held diplomatically every single day now. Turkey & Erdoğan was a recent mammoth embarrassment. Putin just scoops up the rebounds and lays them in.

War is coming or some kind of anal violation anyway. For now the Facebook crowd is oblivious apparently

He isn’t all there

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I don’t get it. You’re serious? Weird. It’s beyond obvious. I won’t jump on the full on dementia train, but i can hear its whistle.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I don’t get it. You’re serious? Weird. It’s beyond obvious. I won’t jump on the full on dementia train, but i can hear its whistle.
    I’m serious, and don’t call me Shirley.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If my dad (who is very close to Biden's age) sounded like this, I would have the conversation about getting him some assistance in the home.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1445478882346295301

President of the United States for the next 3+ years, y'all.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If my dad (who is very close to Biden's age) sounded like this, I would have the conversation about getting him some assistance in the home.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1445478882346295301

President of the United States for the next 3+ years, y'all.
    Nothing to see here, Walt says he's fine.

Thread Information