Page 40 of 115 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

We’re you always this smug and I hadn’t noticed?

I know how much Treasury debt China is holding. It isn’t a problem. If anything it is leverage. If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 billion, that’s the bank’s problem.

The US is currently issuing nearly a trillion in new Treasuries per year. If we really had to cash in all of China’s chips we could issue another trillion to others, which would be offset by the cancellation of the bonds were buying back from China. We owe American investors more than 10x what we owe China. Demand for Treasuries is very strong and always will be so long as we don’t default.

The debt aspect of our relationship with China is just not that big of a problem.

I know diplomacy is important. That’s like saying breathing and eating are important. Where were you for Trump’s whole term when I was talking about how we abandoned diplomacy? If you were on him about it and I missed it, my apologies.

Biden vs. Trump on any aspect of foreign relations is like Tyson v. Spinks.
    I was prolly always this smug.

It’s just a hunch but I bet China thinks a trillion is a lot of paper. My post talked about the decrease in value from a quick China sale. Would they really want to take that hit? I’m considering the other player too.

Trump is gone. I’m sussing the imminent threat of conflict. Sucking at international relations or purposely seeking out the next conflict is not excused because Biden might be less objectionable than Trump.

Chinese sorties over Taiwan the other day have nothing to do with Trump. You gotta let it go man.

Ok, maybe I’m more smug.
    I’m not blaming Trump I was wondering if your view has changed since Biden took office. Because given your stated views you should approve much more of Biden.

I think China will make noise about their trillion like they have before but nobody should take anything they say seriously, as they are petulant children, while we should be prepared for anything.

I think the risk of immediate confrontation is low and I think China is weaker than they seem (and weaker than they think). But if they invade Taiwan I think the US will pussy out and not defend it. I hope I’m wrong.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Front page, top-headline CNN article is an opinion piece bashing Kyrsten Sinema for "not voting with her party more than 75% of the time", and using a very unflattering picture of her.

Mainstream media MAD MAD MAD at the very bad lady from Arizona.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/03/polit...sis/index.html

Important news, guyz.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DNC super pissed about the Sinema situation because it's far harder to primary out a Democrat incumbent in 2020s Arizona than beat a Republican. They knew she was moderate, but didn't know it would be to this extent, and are furious.

So here come the attacks from propaganda arm CNN.

Load Metric
    Kyrsten Sinema is a fucking lesbian.

Joe Manchin is a fucking idiot.

They need to be replaced by some real Democrats.

Comments

dwai: eat shit n-word

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So a non US citizen chases a US Senator into the bathroom and scolds her? JFC

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Capitol Police doing a bang-up job as always.

How do they let a US Senator get followed into the bathroom by protesters? What if one of them attacked Sinema?

Good luck getting Sinema primaried. They can rant about this possibility, but it's not gonna happen, and they know it. That's why they're so angry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    You smooth brain RINOs should have considered that before you rallied against Trump, you get what you get. Oh wait, His tone, I don't like his tone. LOL, you got played by the media, what a sucker.

Comments

nightmarefish: Don’t you have shit plumb? It seems to have moved between your ears.

dwai: offset electronic bicycle rider

Walter Sobchak: Pay your child support

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: 2 huge fycita

splitthis: Offset

The Boz:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

How do they let a US Senator get followed into the bathroom by protesters? What if one of them attacked Sinema?

Good luck getting Sinema primaried. They can rant about this possibility, but it's not gonna happen, and they know it. That's why they're so angry.
    ^^

holy fuck that is absolutely mind-blowing...dont give a shit what you think about her, her politics, etc, but to be able to get that close to a standing senator without anybody around just goes to show how much shit is broken...no issues with the plebs exercising their right to free speech, but jesus...

Comments

ftpjesus: This was local campus police failure plain and simple.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Kyrsten Sinema is a fucking lesbian.

Joe Manchin is a fucking idiot.

They need to be replaced by some real Democrats.

Living in AZ and knowing a few folks. She’s not a lesbian. She’s a switch hitter and has admitted such publically besides I thought being a liberal y’all would embrace a lesbian. I wouldn’t be surprised now her only reason for still being a Democrat is the idiotic stance of some Republicans towards gay marriage and such.

Load Metric

Druff you clearly didn’t read the post this happened out here in Tempe AZ. USCP wouldn’t be responsible for her safety in this case it was a clear failure by the ASU Campus Police who should’ve known better considering how radical some of the students are on campus. Again I find it fascinating her slow move to the right over the years. When she was in the AZ state legislature she was as radically leftist as AOC.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

^^

holy fuck that is absolutely mind-blowing...dont give a shit what you think about her, her politics, etc, but to be able to get that close to a standing senator without anybody around just goes to show how much shit is broken...no issues with the plebs exercising their right to free speech, but jesus...
    Her local office is on CamelBack Road in Phoenix in a higher end section. Funny Phoenix PD has had no issues per se at her office other then a protest a couple weeks ago which they handled properly and fairly to avoid any issues.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah somehow I thought this occurred in DC.

Guess it was an ASU fail.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    dont know what the deal is with senators/congresspeople...always thought they had some sort of entourage, not secret service level shit but at least somebody/some persons to kinda make sure they dont get cornered when they're trying to take a shit...

Load Metric
    If you take the standard tour of Congress you pass through the tunnel between the two wings and there are senators and representatives all over the place walking freely. When I was walking through I saw McCain giving an interview on camera and everyone was just walking through. It happens there constantly. There’s heavy security to get inside, but once you’re inside there’s more ability to walk around, at least the last time I was there.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    She could really piss the left off by switching parties and give Mitch the leadership back. End of Biden agenda.

I often wondered why the GOP hasn’t done more to get Manchin to switch. It’s a GOP state and he is probably the last Dem senator from that state when he retires.

Load Metric
    The Biden agenda is already over.

The Democrats can only do one more vote with a 51 majority in the Senate that involves the budget or finances and that is it. Republicans are trying to make them use it to pass the debt ceiling. Democrats used it back in March to pass the $1.9 Trillion bill. After the Democrats bypass the filibuster one last time. They will need 60 votes in the Senate to get anything passed, which they will never get.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    She could really piss the left off by switching parties and give Mitch the leadership back. End of Biden agenda.

I often wondered why the GOP hasn’t done more to get Manchin to switch. It’s a GOP state and he is probably the last Dem senator from that state when he retires.
    He won't switch because he loves the attention he is getting. The focus is 100% on him, if he becomes a Republican he drifts into obscurity, but as an Independent Democratic holding all the cards he is a kingmaker. In a couple years, he will write a book, something like 'Vote your Conscious' or something like that.

He will eventually cave, he always does. He might not go to $3 Trillion for social programs, but he will get up to $2 Trillion for sure. It really does not matter, the economy is fucked long term as we have $40 Trillion in unfunded liabilities over the next 20 years. You think the disparity between haves and have nots is bad now, wait until the debt is 250% of GDP. But people like Biden, Schumer and Pelosi, and even McConnell will be long dead so they don't give a shit, it's all about a short term win and the next election. A bunch of lifetime government hacks who have never held a private sector job, it's amazing lemmings on both sides look up to these people and admire them. I remember in college some of us took a trip to DC and were able to visit our congressman in his office. I don't remember his name but after leaving the office I was like what a fucking mope. If there was ever an experience that turned me away from public office it was that one.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: First Paragraph Hits The Nail On The Head Rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    If you take the standard tour of Congress you pass through the tunnel between the two wings and there are senators and representatives all over the place walking freely. When I was walking through I saw McCain giving an interview on camera and everyone was just walking through. It happens there constantly. There’s heavy security to get inside, but once you’re inside there’s more ability to walk around, at least the last time I was there.
    yeah that makes sense...was more talking when they were outside of the halls of Congress...

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    You smooth brain RINOs should have considered that before you rallied against Trump, you get what you get. Oh wait, His tone, I don't like his tone. LOL, you got played by the media, what a sucker.
    I didn't like his tone or his ethics. Tone I can handle so long as the ethics are sound and his were far from it. I would've loved to have voted for Trump if the vote were only a vote for whether or not he worked hard and gave a genuine effort to do good things. Unfortunately for him it was also his ethics and that is what sunk him. Also, he never should have said one bad word about Mr McCain. Not a good look to be insulting someone most of the rest of us consider to be a great patriot. This is just one voter talking but in my mind he had to go. It is shame on the democrats to have nominated someone so old and weak.

Comments

nightmarefish: Trampling on McCain's grave is one of the reasons he lost Arizona.

Thread Information