Don’t kid yourselves, Bush Cheney & Rumsfeld were Neoconservatives

Name:  0751586E-567C-430E-8021-51360F1F546A.jpeg
Views: 387
Size:  122.9 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Gold!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    absolutely amazing we wasted trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives over there...could have paid for all of our roads, bridges, airports and rails to be upgraded...

it got us literally one week of power of the afghan gobment that we installed...

fucking amazing, absolutely fucking amazing...
    Or perhaps even more powerfully, with that money we could have given all of Afghanistan electricity, running water and sanitation. That might have earned us some cred. For that much money we could have done that foe the whole Middle East.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    absolutely amazing we wasted trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives over there...could have paid for all of our roads, bridges, airports and rails to be upgraded...

it got us literally one week of power of the afghan gobment that we installed...

fucking amazing, absolutely fucking amazing...
    Or perhaps even more powerfully, with that money we could have given all of Afghanistan electricity, running water and sanitation. That might have earned us some cred. For that much money we could have done that foe the whole Middle East.

Saudi Arabia could do that tomorrow. And again the next day.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

Saudi Arabia could do that tomorrow. And again the next day.
    But they’re assholes.

Load Metric
    Name:  7-B2-DB6-F2-11-EB-4091-9-F55-F3-F083-ED4-E9-B.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  188.8 KB

Comments

Walter Sobchak: You are deranged

dwai: offset
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Oops

How hard is it to say “subs for sale, who wants some?” Then start taking orders or for some countries like China saying sorry we don’t serve your kind in this establishment.

Load Metric
    I saw a video report by an Australian talking head that Australia was getting completely screwed over cost-wise by the French companies involved in that submarine deal. Ridiculous overpricing and delays that would make your typical no-bid-contracted cost-plus American defense contractor blush. The French government surely knows this and is only doing the diplomatic-recalling to save face.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I saw a video report by an Australian talking head that Australia was getting completely screwed over cost-wise by the French companies involved in that submarine deal. Ridiculous overpricing and delays that would make your typical no-bid-contracted cost-plus American defense contractor blush. The French government surely knows this and is only doing the diplomatic-recalling to save face.
    Wouldn’t you rather have nuclear subs than diesel subs?

Load Metric

Wouldn’t you rather have nuclear subs than diesel subs?
    That’s a separate issue from the ridiculous overpricing and delays that Australia faced in French submarine deal. Here’s that report from a few months ago:

P.S. Also, the original French deal was supposed to have those subs built in Australia, but that part was changed soon after the deal was made, so a huge jobs-creating appeal of that deal disappeared.

Comments

Sanlmar: A military industrial sale to a country of 25 million
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-20-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    LOL the Trumpers who claim that China wanted Biden to become president!

Comments

Walter Sobchak: They don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about

Sanlmar: If this is said they don’t know what the fuck they are talking about

Load Metric
    Can we contain Biden Foreign affairs in the BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING thread?

There is so much going down and I am very much interested but not enough to plow through this thread.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Great idea.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-20-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Can we contain Biden Foreign affairs in the BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING thread?

There is so much going down and I am very much interested but not enough to plow through this thread.
    Maybe Druff can move the posts about this submarine deal and its fallout to that thread.

Load Metric

Maybe Druff can move the posts about this submarine deal and its fallout to that thread.
    No worries. They are good posts but there will be so much more to come.

Load Metric
    This deal is a major poke in China’s eye and far tougher than anything Trump did.

Load Metric
    This deal is a major poke in China’s eye and far tougher than anything Trump did.
    I can fight a war on two fronts.

The Australian sub deal is a pig in a poke. It’s simply great military hardware salesmanship. The US stole a sale from France. It’s business. The US diplomatic core did this all in secrecy and that is what pissed France off more than anything. The diplomatic amateurism cause JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING should be amongst your many concerns.

Australia wouldn’t even be able to man these subs. You gotta give the US salesmen a golf clap.

You know who might be another eager prospect for nuclear military hardware? Japan. I want credit for the sales lead.

But yeah, if pissing off China more than Trump and war is what you are seeking then you are in good hands.

Load Metric
    I can fight a war on two fronts.

The Australian sub deal is a pig in a poke. It’s simply great military hardware salesmanship. The US stole a sale from France. It’s business. The US diplomatic core did this all in secrecy and that is what pissed France off more than anything. The diplomatic amateurism cause JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING should be amongst your many concerns.

Australia wouldn’t even be able to man these subs. You gotta give the US salesmen a golf clap.

You know who might be another eager prospect for nuclear military hardware? Japan. I want credit for the sales lead.

But yeah, if pissing off China more than Trump and war is what you are seeking then you are in good hands.

I’ve been waiting for this for awhile. Has to be being discussed. China would absolutely lose their minds. So much so I wonder if Japan would even want them. Forget Taiwan and South China Sea theatrics. Give Japan some actual nukes and China might give the Taliban ICBMs. Might have to wait until any survivors of Hiroshima are dead. They live a scary long time over there.

Load Metric
    Look I know China was ‘Murica’s largest trading partner. The supply chains of both countries are highly interconnected as proven during the pandemic.

As we taught Walter, China holds more than a trillion dollars in US Treasuries, most of which it cannot easily sell off in order not to depreciate in value and suffer massive losses.

I get the nuclear horror.

Here’s the thing.
    JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING. A “mistake” by one of the two countries is always possible. That is why diplomacy is so important. I hold our leadership in extremely low esteem. This has been true for multiple administrations. Presently, I am seeing a continuous series of mind blowing diplomatic fuck ups which include the manner this sub deal was done.

What I characterize as a “fuck up” as a moderate Republican are seen as something entirely different to a neoconservative. I am self aware enough to know that.

Have a nice day.

Load Metric
    Look I know China was ‘Murica’s largest trading partner. The supply chains of both countries are highly interconnected as proven during the pandemic.

As we taught Walter, China holds more than a trillion dollars in US Treasuries, most of which it cannot easily sell off in order not to depreciate in value and suffer massive losses.

Here’s the thing.
    JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING. A “mistake” by one of the two countries is always possible. That is why diplomacy is so important. I hold our leadership in extremely low esteem. This has been true for multiple administrations. Presently, I am seeing a continuous series of mind blowing diplomatic fuck ups which include the manner this sub deal was done.

What I characterize as a “fuck up” as a moderate Republican are seen as something entirely different to a neoconservative. I am self aware enough to know that.

Have a nice day.
    We’re you always this smug and I hadn’t noticed?

I know how much Treasury debt China is holding. It isn’t a problem. If anything it is leverage. If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 billion, that’s the bank’s problem.

The US is currently issuing nearly a trillion in new Treasuries per year. If we really had to cash in all of China’s chips we could issue another trillion to others, which would be offset by the cancellation of the bonds were buying back from China. We owe American investors more than 10x what we owe China. Demand for Treasuries is very strong and always will be so long as we don’t default.

The debt aspect of our relationship with China is just not that big of a problem.

I know diplomacy is important. That’s like saying breathing and eating are important. Where were you for Trump’s whole term when I was talking about how we abandoned diplomacy? If you were on him about it and I missed it, my apologies.

Biden vs. Trump on any aspect of foreign relations is like Tyson v. Spinks.

Load Metric

Here’s the thing.

Have a nice day.
    We’re you always this smug and I hadn’t noticed?

I know how much Treasury debt China is holding. It isn’t a problem. If anything it is leverage. If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 billion, that’s the bank’s problem.

The US is currently issuing nearly a trillion in new Treasuries per year. If we really had to cash in all of China’s chips we could issue another trillion to others, which would be offset by the cancellation of the bonds were buying back from China. We owe American investors more than 10x what we owe China. Demand for Treasuries is very strong and always will be so long as we don’t default.

The debt aspect of our relationship with China is just not that big of a problem.

I know diplomacy is important. That’s like saying breathing and eating are important. Where were you for Trump’s whole term when I was talking about how we abandoned diplomacy? If you were on him about it and I missed it, my apologies.

Biden vs. Trump on any aspect of foreign relations is like Tyson v. Spinks.
    I was prolly always this smug.

It’s just a hunch but I bet China thinks a trillion is a lot of paper. My post talked about the decrease in value from a quick China sale. Would they really want to take that hit? I’m considering the other player too.

Trump is gone. I’m sussing the imminent threat of conflict. Sucking at international relations or purposely seeking out the next conflict is not excused because Biden might be less objectionable than Trump.

Chinese sorties over Taiwan the other day have nothing to do with Trump. You gotta let it go man.

Ok, maybe I’m more smug.

Thread Information