Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Predictions:

Civil unrest grows as far left evil agendas are pushed.

Crime increases by 10%.

Domestic terrorism grows markedly.

We will be attacked by another country.
    Wrong on count 2, crime up 33%.

Meanwhile that ridiculous nig Cori Bush has spent 70k on personal
    security because she has to be safe to represent the people who she refunds the police for.
    She is beyond due to choke on a BBD.

Count 1 prediction is off the charts.
    Fellas I’ll tell you this woman is nuts, what a piece of work!

Comments

Walter Sobchak: She sure is

splitthis: Ok dupe

Load Metric
    Predictions:

Civil unrest grows as far left evil agendas are pushed.

Crime increases by 10%.

Domestic terrorism grows markedly.

We will be attacked by another country.
    Wrong on count 2, crime up 33%.

Meanwhile that ridiculous nig Cori Bush has spent 70k on personal
    security because she has to be safe to represent the people who she refunds the police for.
    She is beyond due to choke on a BBD.

Count 1 prediction is off the charts.
    Oh really, where’s all the civil unrest and increased crime? Do you have data to back it up or are you talking out of your hairy blonde ass as usual?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brother I have never committed a crime and first considered who was President , think
    About that

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This place is slipping. How the fuck after the last 24-36 hours has this not been bumped and Afghanistan been discussed?

Absolute fucking shit show.

The ends probably were never going to change and we (Both R and D) had decided enough is enough. The way we are scrambling to GTFO of there will all the equipment and Guns left behind to boot is breathtaking and not in a good way.

Load Metric
    This is going to get played over and over and over again and it absolutely should. What a fucking disgrace.

https://twitter.com/bryandeanwright/status/1426710333264179214

Load Metric
    On a lighter note, once-golden boy and current Team Biden Secretary of Transportation, Pete Buttegieg, has (on e again) proven himself to be “speak stupid” at a press conference on a green energy initiative in Goergia he recently spoke at.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    This is going to get played over and over and over again and it absolutely should. What a fucking disgrace.

People always think India/Pakistan border, or North Korea, as the most likely nuke incidents, but if ever nuke anything again, it’s going to be in those mountains.

Those fuckers have now shown the ability to outlast the Soviet Union and us. Obviously we were a large part of the Soviet defeat.

Just relentlessly send generation after generation at any infidel on their land. Even when we had significant forces there, they just keep sending people to die and disrupt.

They play a long game in those mountains.

I think we’ll eventually nuke them some day, as this is a big win for them, the rest of world’s focus is elsewhere, and something will emerge where we will see it as get them first.

Gold
    Load Metric

Played over and over again by who? Has it even been played once by the MSM? The same way the right doesn't care about any of the nonsense that went on during the Trump years, the left will mostly adopt a policy of willful ignorance and silence over this. CNN is running feature stories criticizing Melania's White House garden today. In a couple days Afghanistan won't even be a minor story on the radar. It will just be gone from the public consciousness. That is the nature of polarized politics in the year 2021.

Load Metric

Thanks Trump.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Played over and over again by who? Has it even been played once by the MSM? The same way the right doesn't care about any of the nonsense that went on during the Trump years, the left will mostly adopt a policy of willful ignorance and silence over this. CNN is running feature stories criticizing Melania's White House garden today. In a couple days Afghanistan won't even be a minor story on the radar. It will just be gone from the public consciousness. That is the nature of polarized politics in the year 2021.
    It will be played over and over by people seeking to inaccurately blame Biden for what happened.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 08-15-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

It will be played over and over by people seeking to inaccurately blame abuse for what happened.

Oh blow it your ass. Fucking catastrophe.

“The loss” of Afghanistan is not on Biden.

The fact that we have US citizens and allies trying to get the fuck out of the city like it’s a Hollywood
    Movie is gross mismanagement of the situation. This is fucking bullshit and every single one of us should be outraged. 1000% on Biden.

Gold
    Load Metric

It will be played over and over by people seeking to inaccurately blame abuse for what happened.

The fact that we have US citizens and allies trying to get the fuck out of the city like it’s a Hollywood
    Movie is gross mismanagement of the situation. This is fucking bullshit and every single one of us should be outraged. 1000% on Biden.
    Actually, my understanding is behind the scenes the whole world, including the US, has been planning on the Taliban eventually taking back control of Afghanistan for awhile now. And the current Taliban incursions, and any possible US retaliation, is part of both sides attempting to increase their leverage in current and future negotiations.

And what the media is doing in its "reporting" is basically just part of the magic show, which is par for the course.

Also, for good or bad, the US just leaving and the Afghan govt just handing over power without a fight will probably save more lives in the short term than most alternatives. Although in the medium to long term we can see how this could not be great for the Afghan people.

Load Metric

Actually, my understanding is behind the scenes the whole world, including the US, has been planning on the Taliban eventually taking back control of Afghanistan for awhile now. And the current Taliban incursions, and any possible US retaliation, is part of both sides attempting to increase their leverage in current and future negotiations.

And what the media is doing in its "reporting" is basically just part of the magic show, which is par for the course.
    Slight paraphrase on both

“Under no circumstances are you going to see people being airlifted off the US Embassy”

“The Afghanistan government clearly has the capacity to sustain the government in place”

Slightly more paraphrase

“Whoops, my bad”

I mean the point about the Afghans - they should have been able to stand on their own two feet. If they can’t do it now then they never will. I don’t fault Biden for that. But to have our people and our allies needing to be airlifted out of the city after the whole thing came crashing down in 48 hours is a fucking embarrassment.

Gold
    Load Metric

“Under no circumstances are you going to see people being airlifted off the US Embassy”

“The Afghanistan government clearly has the capacity to sustain the government in place”

Slightly more paraphrase

“Whoops, my bad”

I mean the point about the Afghans - they should have been able to stand on their own two feet. If they can’t do it now then they never will. I don’t fault Biden for that. But to have our people and our allies needing to be airlifted out of the city after the whole thing came crashing down in 48 hours is a fucking embarrassment.
    Yeah. It is certainly plausible the way the last few days have gone indicate tactical blunders on our part that will weaken our leverage in future diplomacy; but let’s not pretend the broad strokes of the Taliban taking over weren’t always going to happen.

Gold
    Load Metric
    If anything I imagine Trump being president delayed this from happening by a few years. As no-one wanted to deal with the Trump wildcard during a military "retreat"

Biden will say some senile things when microphones are put in front of him, because he is senile. But he will allow things to happen the way the people really running things see fit, and won't be the true wildcard Trump was.

Load Metric

No, the loss is not on Biden. Afghanistan has always been an American humiliation and disaster. The American voter has never given two shits about Afghanistan either. We never should have been there in the first place but I’m not retreading that ground with Druff.

This will be Biden’s first major black eye. This is a complete mismanagement. Biden isn’t a military general and doesn’t serve in the Pentagon but he will take the fall for this military fiasco that is the withdrawal …. and he should.

What’s funny is Daly comparing this to a Hollywood movie. Those movies were inspired by the fall of Hanoi which is kinda the benchmark of the American military getting kicked in the ass post WWII. Truly inspirational shit for screen writers.

I am furious.

oh, and the poster who invoked nukes…. yeah, we just can’t resist the Truman Doctrine bullshit. 100% we aren’t done over there. We have inspired generations of youth whose families we carpet bombed. They don’t forget. They have nothing to lose. They’ll keep coming for ya until someone builds sneaker or electric car factories
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-15-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Load Metric

It is a catastrophe, no argument.

Saigon fell while Ford was in office, 9 months after Nixon resigned. I’m not quite old enough to remember whether people blamed Ford, but I don’t think so. Kabul is falling 7 months after Biden’s inauguration. He doesn’t have the luxury of pulling out in a more controlled manner. His mistake was giving assurances. Always a bad idea when it comes to war.

Load Metric

Slightly more paraphrase

“Whoops, my bad”

No argument here.

Comments

Daly: Reasonable - I’m not politically mad. I’m citizen mad.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    absolutely amazing we wasted trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives over there...could have paid for all of our roads, bridges, airports and rails to be upgraded...

it got us literally one week of power of the afghan gobment that we installed...

fucking amazing, absolutely fucking amazing...

Thread Information