Page 34 of 114 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Load Metric
    The first way Joe has suckered you on taxes is telling you that you won't get a tax hike if you make less than 400K. He's not telling you that it is for a family not an individual. So it really means no tax hike for an individual making less than 200K.

Next, he is going to let the Trump 12% tax bracket expire and move back up to 15%. This will affect multi millions of americans.

But look on the bright side of things. They are running out of people to steal money from.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Regarding the above post, I'll take question from you guys, but I already have a list of those I'm going to call on.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1405217886025785348
    Putin took 7 questions from US/EU/Canadian media outlets. Biden took zero from any Russian outlets.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Regarding the above post, I'll take question from you guys, but I already have a list of those I'm going to call on.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1405217886025785348
    Putin took 7 questions from US/EU/Canadian media outlets. Biden took zero from any Russian outlets.
    Why would anyone even want Biden to take questions? He is senile. We all know it. What would the point even be?

He hired a bunch of establishment Democrats to run the country, and we should be debating whether they are doing a good job or not. But there is little point pretending he individually isn't senile, and then criticizing him as we would someone who still has their mental faculties.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Why would anyone even want Biden to take questions? He is senile. We all know it. What would the point even be?

He hired a bunch of establishment Democrats to run the country, and we should be debating whether they are doing a good job or not. But there is little point pretending he individually isn't senile, and then criticizing him as we would someone who still has their mental faculties.
    Not true.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Not true.
    100% true, you're in denial

Comments

splitthis: He is

Load Metric

Not true.

It's been clear for some time that Biden is having cognitive issues and struggles to formulate words and sentences. Him trying to speak coherently is like Ben Simmons trying to shoot free throws...
    Name:  Ben-Simmons_-outrageous-FT-stat-continues-to-haunt-Philly-vs-Hawks.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  84.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Not true.

It's been clear for some time that Biden is having cognitive issues and struggles to formulate words and sentences. Him trying to speak coherently is like Ben Simmons trying to shoot free throws...
    Name:  Ben-Simmons_-outrageous-FT-stat-continues-to-haunt-Philly-vs-Hawks.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  84.1 KB
    He has the same speech impediment and lack of filter that he has always had.

Load Metric
    Your leader rofl.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: TRUMP LOST, FUCK YOUR FEELINGS
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Your leader rofl.

That should make you like him more.

Load Metric
    Biden told Putin that world opinion will make him change. What an idiot. Putin is a KGB cold warrior.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Your leader rofl.

"To investigate the legitimacy of the underlying allegation — whether the president at any point during the virtual Munich Security Conference event used the N-word for whatever reason — we obtained an official White House transcript, as well as a video recording via C-SPAN, of Biden’s speech.

Considering that the social media posts made use of brief video clips of his alleged comments around the 16-minute mark in the C-Span footage, we focused on that portion of his remarks, specifically. At that point, he said, according to the transcript and video footage:

“Look, the range of challenges Europe and the United States must take on together is broad and complex. And I’m eager to hear — I’m eager to hear — I’m eager to hear next from my good friends and outstanding leaders, Chancellor Merkel, about her thoughts on the way forward together.”

While saying “I’m eager to hear,” Biden stuttered, repeating the phrase three times. On the third time, the consonant “mmmm” in the word “I’m” blended with the next word, “eager,” to make a “mnnm-eager” sound. That was the source of the social media posts’ allegations, despite the fact that the hypothetical insertion of the N-word there would be abrupt and confusing, contextually speaking, no matter what the speaker’s reason for saying it.

A more plausible reason for the president’s phrasing in that moment was his speech disorder.

On several occasions, Biden has openly discussed his struggle with stuttering over the course of his life. It is a speech impediment and neurological disorder that may result in “repetitions (D-d-d-dog), prolongations (Mmmmmmilk), or blocks (an absence of sound),” according to the non-profit National Stuttering Association. The instance Munich Security Conference appeared to be a combination of repeating and prolonging phonetic sounds.

In other words, the claim is false — Biden did not use the N-word in that moment, nor at any other time during the virtual speech."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...corded-speech/
    Last edited by David USF; 06-20-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Load Metric
    Whudda Whudda
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    The death tax is a form of double taxation, meant simply to take wealth from families. It's not even like this money is then being directly funneled into something to help the poor. It goes into a government general fund and is mostly wasted. The whole point is to cripple families which accumulated a lot of wealth, so it can't pass down generations.

There are all kinds of problems with death taxes.

First, there's the obvious double taxation argument. However, it goes beyond that.

Death is not voluntary (except in cases of suicide), and it's also not something you can schedule or put off. Say I have 20 million dollars, and am 50 years old. If I live another 40 years, and live fairly lavishly, I can spend almost all of it, and never pay a penny in death tax.

Now let's say I'm the same 50-year-old with 20 million, except I have a heart attack and croak tomorrow. Now my heirs get hit with a hefty death tax. The only difference here was whether I was lucky enough to live 40 more years, or whether I died young. Why should that be the determining factor as to whether my money gets double taxed?

Then there's also the problem of avoidance. There are TONS of ways to structure estates in order to avoid death taxes. Even laws meant to close these loopholes simply open the door for others. At the end, you punish those who didn't shrewdly plan to (legally) dodge the tax, and the biggest tax dodge culprits don't pay a penny more. The people most likely to set up legal death tax dodges are the ones most likely to be utilizing other tax loopholes. This is basically like setting a speed trap for those going 1-3 MPH over the speed limit, while specifically ignoring those going 20MPH+ over the speed limit.

There's also the issue with inheriting real property and farms, which becomes very complex. In an attempt to prevent family farms and longtime family homes from being taxed out of the family's hands, exemptions are made, and then these are predictably abused by those gaming the system. You can't win.

This tax simply doesn't do what is intended, and is also unfair/arbitrary. It's no surprise that Democrats love it.
    Druff, this may come as a surprise to you, but dead people don’t have any rights. The whole estate tax system is set up to preserve generational wealth. It was created by powerful men to control the world’s assets long after their death. If you want to bitch about something, it should be the gift tax. If you want to argue the estate tax is bad policy, fine, there are some excellent reasons to allow the transfer of wealth. However, it’s not an inherent right. If the state wants a cut, that is their prerogative.

When Bush II took office, the very first thing the GOP did was raise the exemption. It is currently 40% over 11.5 million, and of course you can give everything to your spouse tax free. I was a direct beneficiary of Bush’s plan, because for one year, 2010, there was no estate tax at all! My grandmother died that year, and I inherited a nice sum of money that I put into mutual funds and real estate that now allows me to live a moderately comfortable lifestyle. So, I’m all for getting rid of the tax, but the argument against it is: Do we really need more Ivanka Trumps and Paris Hiltons in the world? You know, people who won the parent lottery, but contribute nothing to society.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: You are correct, and no we do not need more Ivankas and Parises
    Last edited by Jayjami; 06-24-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Load Metric

I think this has been true for many of the presidents of late. Not senile, but essentially figure heads. W, Trump, and Biden are guys who have a macro worldview, but no ability or acumen to deal with the minutiae of running a country and hand over the day to day to a team of advisers.

I had to give W some credit after the Lewis pandemic book for recognizing a true problem and trying to straighten it out, so I’m not saying they are retarded, but they are largely figure heads. Our Middle East policy and the rest were ran by ideologues and he signed off. Trump and Biden are aging guys with an overarching worldview, but too old to burn the midnight oil over policy. Trump never had the ability. Biden was never overly smart at any point, so he would have been more hands on younger, but we might be better with 80 Joe over 60 Joe.

I prefer Biden’s advisers to Trump’s obviously, but I can’t say Trump let the nuttiest of his people run the most important stuff. He gave way too many donors important jobs and things like the postal service are fucked, but he wasn’t putting Taylor-Greene types on the joint chiefs or anything. Neither is Biden. Too many political favors, but not extremists in any serious position.
    Last edited by BCR; 06-24-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I think this has been true for many of the presidents of late. Not senile, but essentially figure heads. W, Trump, and Biden are guys who have a macro worldview, but no ability or acumen to deal with the minutiae of running a country and hand over the day to day to a team of advisers.

I had to give W some credit after the Lewis pandemic book for recognizing a true problem and trying to straighten it out, so I’m not saying they are retarded, but they are largely figure heads. Our Middle East policy and the rest were ran by ideologues and he signed off. Trump and Biden are aging guys with an overarching worldview, but too old to burn the midnight oil over policy. Trump never had the ability. Biden was never overly smart at any point, so he would have been more hands on younger, but we might be better with 80 Joe over 60 Joe.

I prefer Biden’s advisers to Trump’s obviously, but I can’t say Trump let the nuttiest of his people run the most important stuff. He gave way too many donors important jobs and things like the postal service are fucked, but he wasn’t putting Taylor-Greene types on the joint chiefs or anything. Neither is Biden. Too many political favors, but not extremists in any serious position.
    Trump ruined you

are you that big of a deranged shitlib that you don't know the postal service has been fucked way before Trump?

stick to coke and steroids you stupid faggot and leave the political discussion to the pros

fucking drug addicted faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Trump ruined you

are you that big of a deranged shitlib that you don't know the postal service has been fucked way before Trump?

stick to coke and steroids you stupid faggot and leave the political discussion to the pros

The postal service was screwed by W, because he allowed those longing for privatization to push policy through that made them fund their pension health care funds fully for 30 years of retirement upon hiring a new postal worker who wouldn’t retire for decades, which no business in the world could fade, let alone a sprawling government agency and created a scenario where they couldn’t hire new workers and ended up with a workforce of temps and lifers as it was implemented at a time when the postal service was already beginning to lose money that made it so they couldn’t invest as they had such large health care obligations.. A poor compromise policy at the worst of times.

So W technically fucked it up, but putting someone incompetent in charge of a pre-existing nightmare is worst case management. They chose a guy who built his success upon the retarded policy that fucked it up in the first place. People who are educated appreciate how ridiculous the pension health policy implemented under Bush made it a sure failure, and how putting a political appointee who benefitted from the poor policy in charge accelerated the decline. That would require you to have any understanding of how pensions and health care are traditionally funded, how privatization doesn’t work for something like the postal service, and would require you to leave the basement and have once attended a class, held a job of any importance, and possibly reading a book that doesn’t have pop up pictures written for children. All things far beyond your ability as low IQ incel.
    Last edited by BCR; 06-24-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Trump ruined you

The postal service was screwed by W, because he allowed those longing for privatization to push policy through that made them fund their pension health care funds fully for 30 years of retirement upon hiring a new postal worker who wouldn’t retire for decades, which no business in the world could fade, let alone a sprawling government agency and created a scenario where they couldn’t hire new workers and ended up with a workforce of temps and lifers as it was implemented at a time when the postal service was already beginning to lose money that made it so they couldn’t invest as they had such large health care obligations.. A poor compromise policy at the worst of times.

So W technically fucked it up, but putting someone incompetent in charge of a pre-existing nightmare is worst case management. They chose a guy who built his success upon the retarded policy that fucked it up in the first place. People who are educated appreciate how ridiculous the pension health policy implemented under Bush made it a sure failure, and how putting a political appointee who benefitted from the poor policy in charge accelerated the decline. That would require you to have any understanding of how pensions and health care are traditionally funded, how privatization doesn’t work for something like the postal service, and would require you to leave the basement and have once attended a class, held a job of any importance, and possibly reading a book that doesn’t have pop up pictures written for children. All things far beyond your ability as low IQ incel.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 183
Size:  621.7 KB

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I think Last Dance would be more fitting but this is an acceptable answer

Load Metric

Gotta disagree, Trump's attorneys-general were extremists who want the president to be a king, his education secretary wanted to destroy public education, his EPA head wanted to destroy the environment, etc. etc.

Thread Information