Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2268

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Might be bullshit, might be true. But here's an interesting thing from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/Heminator/status/1461525763765813248
    Feels true. 2020 was an absolutely awful year for journalism, equally on both sides of the spectrum.

The left's permissiveness of rioting and its subsequent fallout should be an absolute stain on the party for decades. If the right had any semblance of a platform and hadn't sold its soul to a malignant narcissist they would be running everything and I would probably vote red.

Our government is an absolute global laughingstock and the state of the country is a disaster.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: This

BCR:

Sanlmar: The waning days of an empire
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Might be bullshit, might be true. But here's an interesting thing from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/Heminator/status/1461525763765813248
    Feels true. 2020 was an absolutely awful year for journalism, equally on both sides of the spectrum.

The left's permissiveness of rioting and its subsequent fallout should be an absolute stain on the party for decades. If the right had any semblance of a platform and hadn't sold its soul to a malignant narcissist they would be running everything and I would probably vote red.

Our government is an absolute global laughingstock and the state of the country is a disaster.
    I’m sure it’s true. It’s only coming out because that broad referenced is engaged to Bari Weiss. But I don’t doubt it’s true.

You can go back to the Dem primary threads two years ago and I wanted Trump to win. This was all foreseeable. Not because I didn’t know he was a moron, but just to get it over with. Then Covid happened and he lost his fucking mind. Had he just been somewhat competent, even after early missteps, and not became Alex Jones meets Mike Lindell, he would have walked to victory.

Now if you want to voice your displeasure at 37 genders and rioting, you have to vote for a majority death cult who worship a mentally ill nutjob.

I’d vote for any sane Republican as a protest vote against the direction of the Democratic Party if they run Biden or Harris. If they did a good job they might have me forever. I’d vote for Mike Dewine tomorrow. I’ve hated that dudes privatization shit for a long time, but he’s sane.

Some non-Trump aligned sane Republican emerges, Druff can put the banner as my sig. I don’t see a sane person making sense of any relevance in either party.

We are so completely fucked.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some more great stuff out of the Biden White House.

Biden releases 'gender equity plan' that calls for eliminating cash bail

When you think "elimination of cash bail", does "gender equity" ever come to mind? It doesn't? Well, maybe it would if you were senile.

We will work to end cash bail and reform our pretrial system, recognizing the harm these processes cause, particularly for Black women and families.

Aside from the bizarre "gender equity" justificaiton, the elimination of cash bail has been disasterous in the cities where it's been tried. New York did it in 2019, and they saw their crime immediately spike up, and many violent criminals re-offended wtihin days (or sometimes hours) of being released with no bail. New York somewhat got to hide behind COVID, blaming the virus and its societal side effects for the huge surge in 2020 violent crime there, but the dirty little secret about NYC was that crime was rapidly rising BEFORE COVID, and much of it was after the elimination of cash bail.

The bail system isn't perfect. Indeed, it favors the middle and upper classes who can afford bail, whereas poor people accused of the same crimes are stuck in jail until trial. However, the alternative is much worse. When you don't have any skin in the game, you're much more likely to either re-offend or run off.

Say you're poor with a menial job (or no job), and are accused of a crime where you're both guilty and likely to get 6-12 months in prison. You can leave the state with very little consequence -- you're not leaving any assets or career behind, and your crime wasn't major enough to be extradited from other states. Thus, there's little incentive to stick around, even for a sentence which will only be 6-12 months.

Now, say you're middle class with a home and career, and you're accused of the same crime under the same circumstances. Here it's a much bigger deal to just run off -- not only the forfeiture of bail money, but also it's much tougher to pick up and leave, especially with assets and a career you might be leaving behind.

In the classic country song Amarillo by Morning, George Strait sings, "I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free". That's very true. The less you have, the less you give up by disappearing and starting over.

The last thing you want to do is to kick free criminals with little to lose. These attempts have been met with absolute failure.

Arguably worse is Biden's attempt to push the federal government where it doesn't belong -- in crime-and-punishment matters, which have always been up to the state, except when federal crimes are involved. Complete abuse of authority. The federal government should not be telling states whether or not they can have cash bail.

Comments

Sanlmar: Incredible

splitthis: He is ruining this country, he has to goooo

Silver
    Load Metric
    No worries. Biden - Harris has got this covered. It's all about equity

Load Metric
    I assumed when you said gender equity, it was going to mean they were giving women cash bail and not men, as the disparity in outcomes in the justice system is so heavily favored towards women. You’re far better off being a black woman than a white male. I’m sure it’s better to be white in same gendered crimes as it’s always better to have money and a good lawyer than not, but that’s the real and pronounced gender inequity when it comes to the justice system. Women get a walk for everything unless they kill someone or are a legit kingpin. Men get 10 years for what could be a personal use amount of drugs or some violent encounter where no one really got hurt.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I assumed when you said gender equity, it was going to mean they were giving women cash bail and not men, as the disparity in outcomes in the justice system is so heavily favored towards women. You’re far better off being a black woman than a white male. I’m sure it’s better to be white in same gendered crimes as it’s always better to have money and a good lawyer than not, but that’s the real and pronounced gender inequity when it comes to the justice system. Women get a walk for everything unless they kill someone or are a legit kingpin. Men get 10 years for what could be a personal use amount of drugs or some violent encounter where no one really got hurt.
    Agree.

I remember some pretty girl in her early 20s tweeted about an experience where she was pulled over for various traffic violations occurring simultaneously, but the cop let her off with a warning.

Rather than breathing a sigh of relief, she took to Twitter and complained about how this was "an example of white privilege", and talked about how unfair it was to others.

I responded, "Oh, you're correct that you got out of that ticket because of a certain kind of privilege, but it's not the one that you think."

As you said, females have tremendous privilege when it comes to being defendants in the justice system. It's true that white, young, pretty females have the most privilege of anyone in that area, but all females in general do far better than males, by a wide margin.

Load Metric
    Steve Bannon’s $5 million dollar bail is a liberal persecution.

Free Bannon or all hell will break loose.

Load Metric
    Oh snap, I might be guilty of confusing Bannon’s arrests. That was for the wire fraud not the Congressional contempt charges.

Carry on.

Load Metric
    Speaking of pretty rich white women and bail I’m growing old waiting for the Ghislaine Maxwell show to begin.

Load Metric
    Ghislaine reminds us of the SWIFT JUSTICE fail in America.

Who the fuck knows how long anyone has to wait for a trial any more. Covid prolly made it worse.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Speaking of pretty rich white women and bail I’m growing old waiting for the Ghislaine Maxwell show to begin.
    She was repeatedly denied bail.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ied/index.html

Also, the delay of the trial is probably due to combination of COVID restrictions jamming up the availability of court activities and motions by the defense to delay the inevitable.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    She was repeatedly denied bail.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ied/index.html

Also, the delay of the trial is probably due to combination of COVID restrictions jamming up the availability of court activities and motions by the defense to delay the inevitable.
    Why would the defense want to delay? I know they are but I have not dug into it.

Why doesn’t she cut a deal and roll over on some folk? Unless, nobody wants that information. And by “nobody” we mean nearly everybody with any power or money. So as Ghislaine’s looks fade in solitary - her juicy information is worthless to any prosecutor.

American judicial system is like a board game. Entertaining

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Agree.

I remember some pretty girl in her early 20s tweeted about an experience where she was pulled over for various traffic violations occurring simultaneously, but the cop let her off with a warning.

Rather than breathing a sigh of relief, she took to Twitter and complained about how this was "an example of white privilege", and talked about how unfair it was to others.

I responded, "Oh, you're correct that you got out of that ticket because of a certain kind of privilege, but it's not the one that you think."

As you said, females have tremendous privilege when it comes to being defendants in the justice system. It's true that white, young, pretty females have the most privilege of anyone in that area, but all females in general do far better than males, by a wide margin.
    The reality is that women fare better when facing drug or property crimes, but if they commit a violent crime, they are more likely to go to prison than a man. This is because they “violated” their gender stereotype.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Agree.

The reality is that women fare better when facing drug or property crimes, but if they commit a violent crime, they are more likely to go to prison than a man. This is because they “violated” their gender stereotype.

Didn’t know that. Interesting. I guess they commit so few of the latter, I don’t know anyone it applies to. I don’t think I’ve ever known a woman who has committed a truly violent crime.

I technically got shot by a girl once, but it was a fragment, and I didn’t call the cops as it wasn’t serious beyond a few stitches and she was just scared and didn’t aim at me. Ricocheted off the hood of a car. I recall the ER doctor saying they are supposed to call the cops, but he let it go as I wasn’t going to give her name anyway as she didn’t mean to shoot me.

I’ve known a few get charged with domestic violence that were kind of similar to that Petitto case where the cops are called and have to charge somebody and the dude didn’t really do anything except fend off a pissed off girlfriend.

I’ve known a whole lot of girls catch drug charges or middle aged women who embezzled from their company or their town, a few times in the hundreds of thousands and blew it and couldn’t pay restitution, and I’ve been shocked at how easily they get off. I think if it was me I’d be gone for a few years. They overcharge guys on drugs and make them minor traffickers every if they’re recreational users.

Load Metric
    Breakfast is going to be more expensive next year

By Nathaniel Meyersohn, CNN Business

Updated 10:35 AM ET, Tue November 23, 2021

Full article here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/busin...lls/index.html

New York (CNN Business)Expect to pay more for some of your favorite cereals, snacks, soups and cooking brands next year.

General Mills (GIS) notified retail customers that it's raising prices in mid-January on hundreds of items across dozens of brands. They include Annie's, Progresso, Yoplait, Fruit Roll-Ups, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charm's, Wheaties, Reese's Puffs, Trix and more, according to letters General Mills sent to at least one major regional wholesale supplier last week.

For some items, prices will go up by around 20% beginning next year.
    The wholesaler shared General Mills' letters with CNN Business on the condition of anonymity to protect the company's relationship with its suppliers. A leader at the company said it plans to push along all of the increases to its grocery and convenience store customers. He expects they will then pass them down to shoppers.

THANK YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

New York (CNN Business)Expect to pay more for some of your favorite cereals, snacks, soups and cooking brands next year.

General Mills (GIS) notified retail customers that it's raising prices in mid-January on hundreds of items across dozens of brands. They include Annie's, Progresso, Yoplait, Fruit Roll-Ups, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charm's, Wheaties, Reese's Puffs, Trix and more, according to letters General Mills sent to at least one major regional wholesale supplier last week.

The wholesaler shared General Mills' letters with CNN Business on the condition of anonymity to protect the company's relationship with its suppliers. A leader at the company said it plans to push along all of the increases to its grocery and convenience store customers. He expects they will then pass them down to shoppers.

THANK YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!
    It has zero to do with Biden. Zero point Zero.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    It has everything to do with that walking rotting piece of garbage.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

THANK YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!
    It has zero to do with Biden. Zero point Zero.
    lol how can you be this stupid

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Agree.

I've ever seen that stat before. Are you sure about this?

Also, "more likely to go to prison" and "more likely to get a long sentence" are obviously two different things.

I remember a case in the 2010s which was a perfect example of white female privilege in the criminal court system.

A married woman was scammed out of most of the family's savings via a Nigerian e-mail scheme. She was dreading confessing this to her husband, because she rightfully felt like a fool, and was probably worried that he'd leave her. Finally she broke the news to him, a big argument ensued (but there's no evidence he got physical with her), and she shot him in the back as he left the room. He died, and she was tried for murder.

The facts of the case were pretty obvious. Their kids took the stand and testified that their father never once hit their mother, nor was he ever threatening or emotionally abusive, from what they saw. She claimed the shooting was self defense, but couldn't explain why he was shot in the back from a good distance away, as it appeared he was leaving the room. She had no visible injuries, despite supposedly being attacked. At the trial, she used the "pervert defense", claiming that she was repeatedly humilaited in the bedroom because he supposedly pressured her into wearing sexy clothing. As if that has anything to do with murder.

Anyway, it worked. Despite it being 100% obvious that it wasn't self defense, and that she mostly likely shot him when he said he was leaving her (and got the gun ready in case that happened), she was sentenced to lol 6 years in prison for it.

She's a free woman today.

Imagine what would have happened to a man if he shot his wife dead after she told him she was leaving because he chunked off the family savings.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    It has everything to do with that walking rotting piece of garbage.
    You know even less about economics than you do about nursing.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information