https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ofile-00149654

Comments

BCR: Great read.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Delicious read.

The Most Feared and Least Known Political Operative in America
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ofile-00149654

Not the woman you want to fire. What a humbling moment when you get the tweet from her after months of getting pummeled.

As DeSantis readied to drop out after his failed bid, Wiles tweeted for the first time in five months. “Bye, bye,” she wrote.

“There’s a team, and we were a Trump team first, all of us, then we became a DeSantis team, and then we went back to our roots,” Wiles told me earlier this year on the phone. “A group of people are here for a reason. That reason wasn’t to destroy Ron DeSantis,” Wiles told me.

“But,” she said, and with what I heard as a hint of glee, “the opportunity presented itself.”
    That is some straight up gangster shit there.

Comments

Sanlmar: A discerning eye for detail. ++

Load Metric
    She’s Pat Summerall’s kid. That detail was offered almost as a throw-away. I’m stomping my feet in the bleachers. I suspect the author skewed millenial and didn’t appreciate that as fully as he could have.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    She’s Pat Summerall’s kid. That detail was offered almost as a throw-away. I’m stomping my feet in the bleachers. I suspect the author skewed millenial and didn’t appreciate that as fully as he could have.
    I can't tell from pic. Only photo I could find was bearded guy who could be 37 or 52. That was fairly long by today's fluff standards and yet just skimmed the surface. Nailed the child of an alcoholic angle. Loving the aspects of your dad there to love and covering up the mess.

You get it because you start out the article wondering how she could possibly stomach Trump. She seems universally respected. I think that could be why he eased in Summerall later. He wants you to ask that question to yourself before he connects the dots. I'd be down for an inside baseball book on that woman. To stay under the radar until 67 when everyone else is trying to take a victory lap for any success. Imagine the ego out of the Desantis camp to fire a woman I have never heard of because they felt she got too much credit. Staggering lack of self-awareness.

It's so rare to read anything smart anymore. You used to get insightful pieces like that weekly decades ago. Now they make minimum wage and it feels rare to see something that interesting out of a site that is pretty lightweight. Glad you stumbled upon it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, very good article.

And they knew — and she knew — things about DeSantis. And so they just knew what to do. They knew he was self-conscious about his height and his weight. They knew he could be awkward and odd. They knew he had strange habits including memorable specifics — like the time he ate chocolate pudding with three fingers. And they knew his wife could be the key in good ways and bad: a huge advantage if she was seen by the public as a charismatic mother and a humanizing force or exactly the opposite if she was seen as a climber and a schemer and a person out for power of her own. They knew, too, because she knew, because she knows reporters, that the press as a whole mostly was ready to shift from Trump to DeSantis. They knew — and she knew — what they needed.
    “These are characters, not because you want to create one, but because that’s what they are — people are consuming this through media formats — and so we created a caricature of one of our opponents, and so now he’s the weird oddball in the show that nobody’s rooting for,” a Wiles associate told me. “There’s lots of ways to defeat a candidate,” this person said, “and ideology is not the only one.”

Yup, I watched that happen in real time.

Except I thought it was just Trump asskissers on social media who caused this to happen. Should've known it was more.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You meant/Trump-pudding fingers…………

Thread Information