Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

“The New York Times of all places?” Surely you are aware that the Times has several regular conservative columnists and that Douthat is one of them?

I notice you didn’t quote this part:
    I don't understand the allegation that the right doesn't want slavery/segregation talked about at all.

Since when?

When I was in school in the '80s, history lessons included slavery, segregation, and the '60s civil rights movement. All of this was presented as an injustice against black people which was eventually righted in the '60s. There wasn't anyone demanding that we whitewash this from American history, or that it shouldn't be taught in schools, and I haven't seen anyone demanding that today.

Every time I bring up CRT to people on the left, they first deny that it's being taught, and then when I bring up that CRT-like concepts ARE being taught, they respond with, "Conservatives just don't want the ugly history of racism in this country taught to kids."

That's bullshit. Conservatives don't mind the true and well-accepted history of racism in America to be taught. However, it's been over 55 years since the civil rights movement of the '60s, and the country is a very different place now. There's a huge difference between teaching that America was racist in 1963 and that America still has systemic racism today, designed to keep white supremacy in place. The former is 100% clear and has been well-accepted by the general public for decades. The latter is highly controversial, and is presently just a form of political opinion.

The argument is simply being re-framed by the left, making it look like conservatives just can't stand real American history being taught. No, conservatives are fine with that -- they just don't want political opinion of modern America taught as fact.
    That may be what you think, but that’s not what the Taliban is implementing as policy in places like Texas.

And there is still systemic racism in the US today. To say otherwise is comical.

And it is mostly coming from the left being focused against the White Gringos. See- CRT and Affirmative Action.

you also forgot to mention systemic Anti-Semitism, also coming mostly from the left. Check Mate.

Gold
    Load Metric

“The New York Times of all places?” Surely you are aware that the Times has several regular conservative columnists and that Douthat is one of them?

I don't understand the allegation that the right doesn't want slavery/segregation talked about at all.

Since when?

When I was in school in the '80s, history lessons included slavery, segregation, and the '60s civil rights movement. All of this was presented as an injustice against black people which was eventually righted in the '60s. There wasn't anyone demanding that we whitewash this from American history, or that it shouldn't be taught in schools, and I haven't seen anyone demanding that today.

Every time I bring up CRT to people on the left, they first deny that it's being taught, and then when I bring up that CRT-like concepts ARE being taught, they respond with, "Conservatives just don't want the ugly history of racism in this country taught to kids."

That's bullshit. Conservatives don't mind the true and well-accepted history of racism in America to be taught. However, it's been over 55 years since the civil rights movement of the '60s, and the country is a very different place now. There's a huge difference between teaching that America was racist in 1963 and that America still has systemic racism today, designed to keep white supremacy in place. The former is 100% clear and has been well-accepted by the general public for decades. The latter is highly controversial, and is presently just a form of political opinion.

The argument is simply being re-framed by the left, making it look like conservatives just can't stand real American history being taught. No, conservatives are fine with that -- they just don't want political opinion of modern America taught as fact.
    That may be what you think, but that’s not what the Taliban is implementing as policy in places like Texas.

And there is still systemic racism in the US today. To say otherwise is comical.
    thats hyperbole walter. you dont like whats happening in texas with its restrictive abortion laws. The taliban recently executed people for listening to music. I don't think the texas abortion law is the right thing either but its whether you like it or not the abortion laws in the country are going to change. I think some change is necessary in these laws also. Am I Taliban too? Is that the new label from the democrats to apply to people with whom they disagree?

Load Metric
    Manchin may delay Biden's $1.75T Build Back Better plan until 2022 over fears it would make inflation even worse

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ies-Axios.html

Joe Manchin won't be voting to increase the debt ceiling either.

Fuck Joe Biden, Democrats and America.

Load Metric
    Rofl, DeSantis is gonna ship all illegals in Florida to Biden’s home state Delaware. Best news of the day by far.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Since when?

That's your opinion.

I'm fine with you or others holding that opinion, as you have a right to it. You also have a right to state that opinion, and I would never want you censored when attempting to do so.

However, TEACHING opinion as fact in schools is a different story. I do not want "systemic racism is occurring in the US today" taught to school kids, as that's a controversial opinion. It's the same reason I don't want "abortion is murder" taught in the schools as fact. That's also a controversial opinion.

This is very different than teaching well-accepted historical facts, such as black people being mistreated and given fewer rights in this country prior to the mid-1960s. It is not at all controversial to teach that slavery was wrong, or that forcing black people to drink from separate drinking fountains was wrong.

That's why it's so infuriating when leftists say, "WE JUST WANNA TEACH HISTORY & THE RIGHT DON'T WANNA LET US!!!!!"

Nobody on the right is asking for inaccurate history to be taught. As I said, in the 1980s I was taught about all the wrongs committed against black people -- including some fewer than 25 years prior -- and there was no controversy about those lessons. Nobody on the right wants that stuff to be excluded from curriculums. We just don't want modern (and highly controversial) opinions about 2020s systemic racism to be taught as fact.

Comments

splitthis:

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Rofl, DeSantis is gonna ship all illegals in Florida to Biden’s home state Delaware. Best news of the day by far.

Of course he can’t actually do that, it it makes for an entertaining press conference doesn’t it.

Comments

splitthis: Amazingly dumb

gimmick:

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Since when?

That's your opinion.

I'm fine with you or others holding that opinion, as you have a right to it. You also have a right to state that opinion, and I would never want you censored when attempting to do so.

However, TEACHING opinion as fact in schools is a different story. I do not want "systemic racism is occurring in the US today" taught to school kids, as that's a controversial opinion. It's the same reason I don't want "abortion is murder" taught in the schools as fact. That's also a controversial opinion.

This is very different than teaching well-accepted historical facts, such as black people being mistreated and given fewer rights in this country prior to the mid-1960s. It is not at all controversial to teach that slavery was wrong, or that forcing black people to drink from separate drinking fountains was wrong.

That's why it's so infuriating when leftists say, "WE JUST WANNA TEACH HISTORY & THE RIGHT DON'T WANNA LET US!!!!!"

Nobody on the right is asking for inaccurate history to be taught. As I said, in the 1980s I was taught about all the wrongs committed against black people -- including some fewer than 25 years prior -- and there was no controversy about those lessons. Nobody on the right wants that stuff to be excluded from curriculums. We just don't want modern (and highly controversial) opinions about 2020s systemic racism to be taught as fact.
    Not true. The right is asking for inaccurate history to be taught. At minimum they are asking for sins of omission, hiding the ugly realities of American history.

Load Metric

That's your opinion.

Not true. The right is asking for inaccurate history to be taught. At minimum they are asking for sins of omission, hiding the ugly realities of American history.

Funny, you have no issues with CNN's sins of omissions. See Hunter stories, oe Cuomo stories, or Toobin stories, or Lemon stories, etc

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

Of course he can’t actually do that, it it makes for an entertaining press conference doesn’t it.
    Of course he can, the real issue is Biden illegally allowing mass unfettered immigration. It’s amazing how dulled your lib mind is Walt.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Uhhhhhhhh ok

dwai: offset
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dems getting clobbered in polling numbers right now:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/econ...ry?id=81095146

The GOP has a 10-point lead in a generic "Will you vote for Republicans or Democrats" poll, regarding Congress. Uh oh!

That's the biggest lead the GOP has ever had. To compare, they only had a 3-point lead in 2009, when they made big gains the following year.

Laughably, since it was an ABC/WaPo poll, they had to ask a loaded CRT-related question in order to make it look more favorable for the Dems:

A broad 70% of Americans say public schools should teach a great deal or good amount about how the history of racism affects the country today, an approach criticized by Youngkin and many Republican officeholders generally.

Forty-four percent of Republicans endorse this teaching approach, rising to 73% of independents and 92% of Democrats. It’s a question that splits conservatives, with 59% of “somewhat” conservative adults in support, dropping to 34% of those who call themselves "strongly" conservative. By race/ethnicity, 61% of whites support teaching about the impacts of racism, as do 83% of Hispanics and 91% of Black people.
    So they asked, "Should we teach in schools how past racism affects the country today?", rather than the real question of, "Should we teach that present-day America is systemically racist, and the major elements of our society are stacked against black people?"

So of course 70% of Americans said "Oh yeah, we should teach the long-term effects of past racism", not fully realizing what the left wants that to look like.

The fact that "44% of Republicans endorse this teaching approach" says it all. From what I've seen, almost 0% of Republicans (that is, people who voted for at least one major Republican candidate in the 2020 election) support teaching modern-day systemic racism as fact. Super misleading question.

But what can you expect from ABC/WaPo?

It's okay. They can keep their heads in the sand and pretend the education thing is a made-up concern on Fox News, and they can keep getting clobbered in elections.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

That's your opinion.

Funny, you have no issues with CNN's sins of omissions. See Hunter stories, oe Cuomo stories, or Toobin stories, or Lemon stories, etc
    I can’t remember the last time I watched CNN. Probably turned to it while flipping between news channels on Election Day 2020.

Thanks for the heads up that it’s still on the air though. I just assumed they’d gone out of business like bottomplumber said they would.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Something else to consider:

The House races were a complete fail for the Democrats in 2020. This is often overlooked, but they should have seen this as a huge sign of trouble, even ignoring what happened in the 2021 elections.

They had a TON of turnout due to Trump hatred, and yet:

- They lost House seats

- Not a single seat expected to go GOP ended up in the hands of a Democrat -- even ones considered "leaning Republican"

- They lost a bunch of "lean Democrat" seats to the GOP, and a few "safe Democrat" seats, as well!

Defeating Trump made Democrats cast this concern aside, and then winning both Georgia Senate seats put that worry even further in the back of their heads. After all, if they both knocked out Trump AND subsequently flipped a red state blue, shouldn't it be pretty clear that their future is bright?

But it's not. And the House races should have been indicative of that. This was before all the 2021 problems which have since plagued Biden and sent his approval rating in the toilet.

I suspect an absolute beatdown is coming in 2022. If that occurs, the Democrats may finally decide to eject the wokes from any infuence, and possibly return to a more old-school, late 1990s style of governing. However, much like it's tough for Republicans to reduce MAGA's influence on the current party, it might be equally tough to push the wokes out of the driver's seats.

Democrats need to look back at 2020 and ask themselves why they did so poorly in the House races, despite their huge turnout and fairly easy defeat of Trump. If this was a rejection of the entire GOP and not just Trump himself, why didn't they win downballot? Trump may have inadvertently done Republicans a huge favor by being so off-putting in 2020 and losing, as it gave Democrats a false sense of confidence for years to come, and they didn't bother to temper the woke influence in the party going forward. This could be a huge issue for Dems in the 2020s.

If I were a Democrat right now, I would be very upset.

Load Metric

Of course he can, the real issue is Biden illegally allowing mass unfettered immigration. It’s amazing how dulled your lib mind is Walt.
    He cannot forcibly relocate people out of Florida. People have freedom of movement in America.

Just because you fantasize about it doesn’t make it real.

Comments

splitthis: Dumb

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I can’t remember the last time I watched CNN. Probably turned to it while flipping between news channels on Election Day 2020.

Thanks for the heads up that it’s still on the air though. I just assumed they’d gone out of business like bottomplumber said they would.
    CNN is just a propaganda arm of the DNC at this point. I actually turned it on last night just for laughs, and it was exactly as expected.

Last week, they actually had an 8-minute segment seriously discussing the value of Big Bird promoting the COVID vaccine in kids. The segment was framed as a bash on Ted Cruz for criticizing the Big Bird stuff, but most of the time was spent actually analyzing the value of Big Bird promoting vaccines. And it wasn't a joke or parody. This was a serious segment of adults discussing Big Bird in very serious fashion.

Keep in mind that I used to be a defender of CNN in the 2000s and early 2010s. Fellow Republicans called it the "Communist News Network" and said it was super-left-biased. I responded by saying that I found them to be center-left, and while I also noticed a bias, it wasn't all that bad, and I gave them credit for being willing to report unflattering stories about Democrats.

Once Trump won the nomination, that changed. CNN switched into full propaganda mode, and they've never gone back. Of course, they were in the pocket of the DNC for awhile before that, which is why they helped cheat Bernie during the 2016 Dem primaries.

The whole channel is just so laughably bad now, and the website is equally bad. It's embarrassing.

Comments

splitthis:

dwai:

Load Metric

He cannot forcibly relocate people out of Florida. People have freedom of movement in America.

Rofl, they are illegals, easy to say bus ride to Delaware or jail and back to your own country. The libs have killed your brain completely.

Comments

dwai: ship them back to their country or to Biden or Obama's neighborhoods

Walter Sobchak: :to

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Rofl, they are illegals, easy to say bus ride to Delaware or jail and back to your own country. The libs have killed your brain completely.

he's a lost cause

Load Metric

Sure he can arrest them and turn them over to the feds to deport them.

He cannot force them to go to Delaware.

If you’re looking for someone who’s brain dead you can start with “nurses” who don’t believe in vaccination.

Comments

splitthis: There are lotssss of us you dummy take 100 vaccines. Please

Load Metric

CNN is just a propaganda arm of the DNC at this point. I actually turned it on last night just for laughs, and it was exactly as expected.

Last week, they actually had an 8-minute segment seriously discussing the value of Big Bird promoting the COVID vaccine in kids. The segment was framed as a bash on Ted Cruz for criticizing the Big Bird stuff, but most of the time was spent actually analyzing the value of Big Bird promoting vaccines. And it wasn't a joke or parody. This was a serious segment of adults discussing Big Bird in very serious fashion.

Keep in mind that I used to be a defender of CNN in the 2000s and early 2010s. Fellow Republicans called it the "Communist News Network" and said it was super-left-biased. I responded by saying that I found them to be center-left, and while I also noticed a bias, it wasn't all that bad, and I gave them credit for being willing to report unflattering stories about Democrats.

Once Trump won the nomination, that changed. CNN switched into full propaganda mode, and they've never gone back. Of course, they were in the pocket of the DNC for awhile before that, which is why they helped cheat Bernie during the 2016 Dem primaries.

The whole channel is just so laughably bad now, and the website is equally bad. It's embarrassing.
    Big Bird has done more for American kids in the past half century than all conservatives combined.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If you’re looking for someone who’s brain dead you can start with “nurses” who don’t believe in vaccination.
    He can't force them, but he can do what Nevada did with the homeless. They rounded them up and promised to ship them (for free) to a place in California where the homeless had more rights and benefits. Many of them agreed, and got on the bus.

Here they can simply say that they are doing an illegal immigrant sweep and are going to send them to the feds for deportation, but are willing to forego doing this if they get on the bus to Delaware.

100% most of them will agree to this.

Load Metric

He can't force them, but he can do what Nevada did with the homeless. They rounded them up and promised to ship them (for free) to a place in California where the homeless had more rights and benefits. Many of them agreed, and got on the bus.

Here they can simply say that they are doing an illegal immigrant sweep and are going to send them to the feds for deportation, but are willing to forego doing this if they get on the bus to Delaware.

100% most of them will agree to this.
    So the right wants to make it a crime to aid and abet illegals in any way, even giving food or medical attention, but instead of turning them over to the feds, DeSantis will buy them a bus ticket to Delaware. If an illegal said hey can you give me a ride to Delaware and a private citizen said sure hop in, the right would want to hang him. This doesn’t sound like a political stunt at all. Maybe California can do the exact same thing and send all its illegals to Florida. Maybe their murderers and rapists too.

You people are completely off the deep end.

Thread Information