Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Credit bureaus are racist, y'all.

Don't ask how or why.

They just are.

How would a "public credit registry" in place of the credit bureaus change anything? If you have bad credit, you have bad credit.
Experian, Transunion and Equifax are the Facebook, Twitter and Google of the credit world. They wield enormous power over you, and even when they screw up, they usually face no consequences.

I'm not saying they should be shut down, but for someone who thinks Big Tech has too much power over the public square, you should want the credit agencies to be reined in as well.
I would be for reform regarding the credit bureaus. I don't want them shut down and replaced by a public entity. That will be a disaster.

Can you imagine the left being put in charge of running a credit bureau?

The entire thing would be crafted around identity politics, and creditworthiness will take a back seat to so-called "equity". We're already seeing it in the rhetoric which criticizes the bureaus for being "racist".

The points you and XFactor raised are good ones, and those elements need to change. But none of that has to do with race, and yet that's what the Democrats are focusing on when discussing the credit bureaus. So you know where this is going.

The goals of credit bureaus should be to accurately report people's credit history, allow for a fair and easy dispute process, and correctly determine people's creditworthiness. There should be zero racial consideration involved. If there is, then it's being done very wrong.