Thread: Playing my first non binary poker game this weekend.

Load Metric

Playing my first non binary poker game this weekend.

Was informed I am to use the pronouns they/them for one of the players. 90 percent chance I fuck it up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Was informed I am to use the pronouns they/them for one of the players. 90 percent chance I fuck it up.
    is it cmoney's brother? the one you talked to for 3 hours?

Comments

OSA: hahahahahahah

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    this joke still gets traction?

Comments

OSA: yes, yes it does you antisemite

gimmick:
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  gtrgt.gif
Views: 367
Size:  3.41 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    this joke still gets traction?
    Name:  DD7A1371-AC38-4447-A79E-85659D1DFF55.gif
Views: 322
Size:  528.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't get on board with the non-binary thing. There's no chance I would call someone "they", even if "they" requested it. Just feels weird and stupid.

I'm willing to respect someone's actual transition. So if a male becomes female, I'll call them by their new female name and refer to them as "she". In fact, someone I knew from the '90s went male-to-female, and I refer to them on Facebook as their new name and treat them as female. I'm fine with that, and in fact we never even discuss the fact that she's trans.

But this non-binary stuff is so stupid and performative, I absolutely refuse to give it any kind of respect.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember about 10 years ago a male-to-female trans sat in my 100-200 limit holdem game at Bellagio. This person did NOT pass well, and in fact had exactly the wrong body type to even attempt it. "She" was like 6'3 and had HUGE hands (bigger than any dude at the table, by a wide margin). Tried to wear sheer, black half-gloves to kinda distract you from it, but it was obvious.

I will say that this person was very good-natured, and in fact dusted off like $10k at the table mostly just due to running awful. Took it really well -- far better than I would have. Never saw her again. After she left, the table basically remarked the same thing I had observed -- huge hands, didn't pass at all, but was very good natured and pleasant to have at the table.

Load Metric
    Hopefully they brought that gender neutral deck there was a thread about recently.

Despite where I live, I've never (knowingly) met a transgender/non-binary person in my life save for my cousin, who 'came out' via Facebook last year after a recent stint in rehab for severe depression. Switched name from Jill to Gill but did the weirdo thing announcing new pronouns as she/they.

'They' are a loser but has a hefty trust fund thanks to my uncle marrying a New York jew who is awful but rich as fuck.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can't get on board with the non-binary thing. There's no chance I would call someone "they", even if "they" requested it. Just feels weird and stupid.

I'm willing to respect someone's actual transition. So if a male becomes female, I'll call them by their new female name and refer to them as "she". In fact, someone I knew from the '90s went male-to-female, and I refer to them on Facebook as their new name and treat them as female. I'm fine with that, and in fact we never even discuss the fact that she's trans.

But this non-binary stuff is so stupid and performative, I absolutely refuse to give it any kind of respect.
    I use the pronoun they all the time but it’s exclusively to refer to a collateral physician for which I don’t know their gender. I’ve never directly referred to someone as “they” when they are in the room. I guess I’m showing my age but I honestly don’t know much about non binary people. I’ve met this person before a year ago and bright nail polish along with certain mannerism made me wonder about gay/transgender. I’ve worked with several transgenders and using the preferred pronoun was no issue (although they had already transitioned). But it’s gonna be damn hard for me to sit at the table with someone for 4 hours and refer to them as they. I’m better off just constantly referring to them by name.

Load Metric
    So what are we doing with binary numbers these days????
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    I remember about 10 years ago a male-to-female trans sat in my 100-200 limit holdem game at Bellagio. This person did NOT pass well, and in fact had exactly the wrong body type to even attempt it. "She" was like 6'3 and had HUGE hands (bigger than any dude at the table, by a wide margin). Tried to wear sheer, black half-gloves to kinda distract you from it, but it was obvious.

I will say that this person was very good-natured, and in fact dusted off like $10k at the table mostly just due to running awful. Took it really well -- far better than I would have. Never saw her again. After she left, the table basically remarked the same thing I had observed -- huge hands, didn't pass at all, but was very good natured and pleasant to have at the table.
    I think that she was at my table at the Aria I want to say 2014/2015? She was very polite and the players at the table. I didn't like the fact that she rivered an insight straight to my set of aces to bust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    So what are we doing with binary numbers these days????
    Binary numbers are fine. Non-binary numbers are stupid and performative.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Are you just playing cards with actual trannies? or are there players who merely "Identify" as something else?

Comments

OSA: term is transgender

splitthis: Offset

Load Metric

What if they were a complete donk and sat with $400k but insist you call them baby doll?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

What if they were a complete donk and sat with $400k but insist you call them baby doll?
    For $400k worth of donk action, I would call them my new trans woman fiancee if necessary.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

For $400k worth of donk action, I would call them my new trans woman fiancee if necessary.

Load Metric
    Ok I will admit and not googling what binary poker actually is. 01001 011 00 ?

Silver
    Load Metric
    If you need some coaching for this game you might want to try he/she/they/them/it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That Dr. Kamikaze person has me (and tons of other people in poker) blocked.

Complete nutcase, and constantly angry.

I think it's a butch lesbian in the model of Vanessa Selbst, but I can't tell for certain.

Thread Information