Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The other high priced precious metal- Ammunition.

Load Metric

Arrow The other high priced precious metal- Ammunition.

For the 2A people here, hope you stocked up as prices are super inflated by 300-800%. A box of 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ used to run around $10-12 is now $80-90. Its all calibers too- 22, 380, 9mm, 38 special, 40 and 45. If you havent stocked up prior, try to slowly get what you can over time now.

2020 Ammo Shortage- Where has all of the ammo gone?

December 23, 2020

Firearm and ammunition retailers and wholesalers were sitting on piles of inventory during January 2020. By December 2020, the same racks and shelves are empty. And there is no sign of relief in sight. Gun owners are stockpiling — and shooting less.

So, what happened? The year 2020 happened. Take an election year with significant consequences for gun rights and add a global pandemic event. Then, factor in the rioting in cities and urban centers throughout the U.S., and you just created an unprecedented demand for self-defense tools.

Still, many consumers can’t fathom the lack of availability of ammunition. To search for an understanding, Guns & Ammo’s staff reached out to executives from several ammunition makers for a clearer picture of what is going on.
    And then there is the price gouging..

Last edited by desertrunner; 01-16-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    For the 2A people here, hope you stocked up as prices are super inflated by 300-800%. A box of 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ used to run around $10-12 is now $80-90. Its all calibers too- 22, 380, 9mm, 38 special, 40 and 45. If you havent stocked up prior, try to slowly get what you can over time now.

2020 Ammo Shortage- Where has all of the ammo gone?

December 23, 2020

Firearm and ammunition retailers and wholesalers were sitting on piles of inventory during January 2020. By December 2020, the same racks and shelves are empty. And there is no sign of relief in sight. Gun owners are stockpiling — and shooting less.

So, what happened? The year 2020 happened. Take an election year with significant consequences for gun rights and add a global pandemic event. Then, factor in the rioting in cities and urban centers throughout the U.S., and you just created an unprecedented demand for self-defense tools.

Still, many consumers can’t fathom the lack of availability of ammunition. To search for an understanding, Guns & Ammo’s staff reached out to executives from several ammunition makers for a clearer picture of what is going on.
    And then there is the price gouging..

That's right you shoot your way out of any problem. What are you stockpiling ammunition for? Big wildlife got you worried? They are coming for you, you know it. The high priced metal is in your skull.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

That's right you shoot your way out of any problem. What are you stockpiling ammunition for? Big wildlife got you worried? They are coming for you, you know it. The high priced metal is in your skull.
    Damn, libtards you never give up. I never said I was gonna shoot my way out of any problem. But gotta be ready for those crazy liberals if they start the concentration camps, because I aint going.

Load Metric

Comments

adamantium: lol

Load Metric
    Vista Outdoors Inc stock price from $7 to $28 over the last 6 months

Did you miss that one Sont?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    LOL the ammo price gouging. Since it mostly affects the 2A gun nuts like the OP, it couldn’t happen to better people.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Yesssss......please buy more. Place more orders. Lots more. Stock up.

SWBI and POWW to the mooooooooon

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Yesssss......please buy more. Place more orders. Lots more. Stock up.

SWBI and POWW to the mooooooooon
    Youre unemployed, broke and bored, lol at your broke ass having money to by stocks, who the fuck are you kidding.

Comments

dwai:
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

The other high priced precious metal- Ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    LOL the ammo price gouging. Since it mostly affects the 2A gun nuts like the OP, it couldn’t happen to better people.

I’m not a “gun nut”, never said that. I also like poker and into poker, but not a “poker nut”. Your layperson label dumbs you down.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Gun nuts don’t know they are gun nuts.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 01-17-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Load Metric
    The ammo I use for hunting was already hard to find, but surprisingly I found 4 boxes right before Christmas at field and stream. I got super lucky because 300 WSM is kinda hard to find locally and the prices are gouged online.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is why I don't see strong gun control legislation out of the Biden Administration.

2020 taught people the need for having their own weapons -- a lesson slowly forgotten over the past several decades.

Load Metric

The other high priced precious metal- Ammunition.

Druff- But Kamel-Toe wants it bad and Biden has stated in the past and even bringing on Beto to do it, so still worried. But you’re also right if you look at the history, Obama didn’t really touch gun control in 8 years.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
    Last edited by desertrunner; 01-17-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    The ammo I use for hunting was already hard to find, but surprisingly I found 4 boxes right before Christmas at field and stream. I got super lucky because 300 WSM is kinda hard to find locally and the prices are gouged online.
    I find various rifle ammo in my weekly travels, if there is a specific caliber you want, please hit me up in PMs and I’ll hook you up.

Load Metric

I find various rifle ammo in my weekly travels, if there is a specific caliber you want, please hit me up in PMs and I’ll hook you up.
    I don’t need anymore. I have about 10 boxes of 300 WSM, 6 boxes of 30-06, and another ten of 270. Got a whole bucket of 22 and some boxes of 17 hmr. The only ammo I need that I can’t find anywhere is 32 win special. I have to special order it no one makes it anymore.

Load Metric
    I don’t need anymore. I have about 10 boxes of 300 WSM, 6 boxes of 30-06, and another ten of 270. Got a whole bucket of 22 and some boxes of 17 hmr. The only ammo I need that I can’t find anywhere is 32 win special. I have to special order it no one makes it anymore.
    what are you, some kind of right wing nut job?

give up your guns, be a good little liberal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

The rifles I have are for hunting and shooting for fun. I don’t have an AR OR AK.

Load Metric

The rifles I have are for hunting and shooting for fun. I don’t have an AR OR AK.
    Give it up you Qanon faggot, you don't need those guns, are you planning an insurrection or something you right wing crack pot?

Load Metric
    I’m here now, do you want me to pick up all 3 boxes for you?

Load Metric

I’m here now, do you want me to pick up all 3 boxes for you?

No, I have a few boxes and I never shoot the gun. It was my great grandfathers so it sits in the safe except maybe once every 8 years.

Load Metric

Give it up you Qanon faggot, you don't need those guns, are you planning an insurrection or something you right wing crack pot?
    I love America. I have nothing but the up most respect for our government and law enforcement.

Please FBI guy watching this forum don’t come for my booty.

Thread Information