Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having some fun with Tapper on Skatz

Load Metric

Having some fun with Tapper on Skatz

Tapper decided to take "creative license" with my avatar and sig on Skatz, so his comedy is now your opportunity to return the favor.

Tapper must sport an avatar and tag line of the public's choosing for 1 week.

1. Please send me (either privately or post in this thread) the photo of your choice (all submissions will be kept private, so his "close friends" can contribute). Photos will be voted upon at Bracketgeek.com (shameless website promo).

2. Submit via PM avatars and signature lines as well. We will have a poll for the submissions.

thanks for your contributions!

Note: I have to post this HERE because he keeps deleting the thread there.
    Last edited by DRK Star; 08-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too bad he is one of those trolls who hides his identity and picture from everyone but close friends, so the potential lulz achieved from this are minimal.

Load Metric
    I wouldnt say that. I already got a submission from someone over there who I wouldnt have expected to contribute. Everything stays confidential.

Load Metric
    Avatars mean nothing, he's getting a kick out of you actually caring enough to make this fucking thread and ask other sane individuals if they might share in your insanity for a moment before you figure out that you've been had.

More fair- Tell him you'll trade the avatar privs to be able to post on his account like the Tyler Lim deal, see how he jumps right at that.

More interesting- A creative writing contest on Longform for I dunno, wager something intrinsically significant to the parties involved (I want in) and have a go at it where it counts.

Tapper is going to run circles around anyone/everyone on the face of the earth both in finding sick avatars and knowing the situations to apply them, don't play his game. He likes to flaunt his writing but it's swiss cheese like, and skatz cred being skatz cred, everyone supposed to be a sick writer, he won't be able to back down and you can actually show some skillz if you have any.

Hell most of what skatz has (talent wise anyway) are fucking writers, some snow n-word mspainted a shitty drawing of scuter pissing on my smiling face ~4 months ago and along with BWong's (admittedly very good) drawing he's been working on that's like it for artistry, drawing, hell anything but writing really. I suppose the avatar skills Tapper has qualifies as an artistry of sorts, and he's actually very good at it. I'm rambling.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    uh, Mike,...

Just send in some photos.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Too bad he is one of those trolls who hides his identity and picture from everyone but close friends, so the potential lulz achieved from this are minimal.
    rofl DAMN did you get in here fast! I tend to disagree here that you feel DRK will be somehow cheated because you can't use Tappers face for the avatar or something. You are right in that his attitude makes him a bully of sorts but that I feel is inconsequential to the OP and I specifically say this because Tapper did most (almost all) of my avatars on Skatz and they were really good, clever, very funny, all that, but only in one did he use my picture from facebook (I may have posted elsewhere).

The lot of them are similarly minded (except Scuter I think) in that privacy is somehow very extremely important and must be kept sacred. You aren't gonna find a whole hell of a lot of people who agree to the extreme but they've managed to do exactly that- they have a club, it's super secret and political, yay for them IMO. Fathers out there get handed a dvd with they 18 and a day old daughter getting DP'ed by two black dudes slapping her ass so hard it's almost bleeding which always does a good job of putting issues I think I have with privacy into perspective.

Granted I don't want to see my cousin with a dick photoshopped on her face or something like that, but it's a fleeting memory to most and really doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot IMO. Being a dick to people online because you can hide yourself IRL would be a problem worth a shit if it existed, but guys like Tapper do it I think so they can keep from getting emotionally involved. He was a dick here and there to me, but it was always playful and over time he offered real support and stood up to scuter (as much as one can be expected to) months ago when he realized what scuter was doing to me. Bob did as well, though I didn't figure it out until idk, a couple days ago.

So anyway DRK take my advice or don't bother at all, you're just going to end up looking foolish. Tapper wants a contest he knows he can win, there is something he's giving away with hiding his identity and all that, figure it out and you'll know why this would be really interesting IF you can draw him out to do it.
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    uh, Mike,...

Just send in some photos.
    Dude you don't get it- YOU care about avatars, which is why he fucks with yours. HE does not give a flying fuck about avatars why?

He tries very hard to not become emotionally compromised. IE, care too much.

Think about it. He gets a pop shot at you trade barbs or don't bother IMO.

Try a fucking drawing contest then, something anything but a damned avatar what is this a stealthy promo for bracket geek? It has to be.

Do the longform contest and give each person three submissions 7 days post up time with the winner having the highest combined views/posts at the end, winner overall has the most winning essays or something and the action can be followed on bracket geek.

Before Tine gets texted I am online and shimmey's on down to tell me I am being manipulative, I defend the premise of my idea based on two things- the avatar thing is kind of lame and not nearly a cross-site posted thread worthy hoopla and also communal enjoyment. I think some real solid writing on a forum where neither of the spin-off sites has any real influence would be well worth the effort.

Imagine who on Skatz ends up getting dead last how shameful haha. Well, it would be Vaughn, unless Scuter confuses everyone but any rate I just see a bit of potential for everyone and that's worthy of my sociopathic influence.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    rofl DAMN did you get in here fast! I tend to disagree here that you feel DRK will be somehow cheated because you can't use Tappers face for the avatar or something. You are right in that his attitude makes him a bully of sorts but that I feel is inconsequential to the OP and I specifically say this because Tapper did most (almost all) of my avatars on Skatz and they were really good, clever, very funny, all that, but only in one did he use my picture from facebook (I may have posted elsewhere).

The lot of them are similarly minded (except Scuter I think) in that privacy is somehow very extremely important and must be kept sacred. You aren't gonna find a whole hell of a lot of people who agree to the extreme but they've managed to do exactly that- they have a club, it's super secret and political, yay for them IMO. Fathers out there get handed a dvd with they 18 and a day old daughter getting DP'ed by two black dudes slapping her ass so hard it's almost bleeding which always does a good job of putting issues I think I have with privacy into perspective.

Granted I don't want to see my cousin with a dick photoshopped on her face or something like that, but it's a fleeting memory to most and really doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot IMO. Being a dick to people online because you can hide yourself IRL would be a problem worth a shit if it existed, but guys like Tapper do it I think so they can keep from getting emotionally involved. He was a dick here and there to me, but it was always playful and over time he offered real support and stood up to scuter (as much as one can be expected to) months ago when he realized what scuter was doing to me. Bob did as well, though I didn't figure it out until idk, a couple days ago.

So anyway DRK take my advice or don't bother at all, you're just going to end up looking foolish. Tapper wants a contest he knows he can win, there is something he's giving away with hiding his identity and all that, figure it out and you'll know why this would be really interesting IF you can draw him out to do it.
    You're all over the place here, Mike.

I'm just saying that most of the biggest trolls hide all info about themselves, so they can cowardly make fun of (and often post personal info about) others while not leaving themselves open to the same thing.

I mean, what do most people even know about Tapper? That he's Australian? That he has the ability to make a reservation at a Michelin 1-Star restaurant, and therefore believes himself to be a food connoisseur? That he acts like a condescending weasel? I mean, these are all true, but where can you really go with any of this?

In the meantime, Mike, you have posted nearly every detail of your life and your problems (far too much, IMO), making you a perfect target for the ones who want to hide in the shadows and sling mud.

I'm sure there's loads of stuff that could be used to make fun of Tapper, but since he hides and doesn't let anyone see any of it, there's really not much to do here.

Load Metric

You're all over the place here, Mike.

I'm just saying that most of the biggest trolls hide all info about themselves, so they can cowardly make fun of (and often post personal info about) others while not leaving themselves open to the same thing.

I mean, what do most people even know about Tapper? That he's Australian? That he has the ability to make a reservation at a Michelin 1-Star restaurant, and therefore believes himself to be a food connoisseur? That he acts like a condescending weasel? I mean, these are all true, but where can you really go with any of this?

In the meantime, Mike, you have posted nearly every detail of your life and your problems (far too much, IMO), making you a perfect target for the ones who want to hide in the shadows and sling mud.

I'm sure there's loads of stuff that could be used to make fun of Tapper, but since he hides and doesn't let anyone see any of it, there's really not much to do here.
    I'm only all over the place because I'm literally mentally all over the place, we both agree, but your swinging the conversation onto another topic entirely. Drk thinks he can really get Tapper with just the right avatar (and I sent him a pretty good idea to run with) but really Tapper is just going to laugh DRK is taking this so seriously and poke fun.

The whole trolling thing from the shadows I really hate but then again, remove the power from your privacy and you defeat 95% of what they have to hold over your head.

What does anyone know about Tapper? Read into him a bit he's got a lot of good qualities, questionable humor at times, but I never see him attacking anyone without reason. He also darts in and out all the time, the overall picture reads like Internet time=Fun time, feeding real life into the equation reduces fun.

Not sure if this applies to Tapper specifically (it might) but I get the feeling a lot of privacy junkies are incapable of handling criticism so they hide themSelves, kind of like a person who can't say no to a salesman so they put a sign out saying no solicitors on their property.

I won't comment on your situation specifically as I know it's something that bothers you a lot and the details I really don't know, but as a person who HATES bully's and was well aware of humor he shot my way when I landed on Skatz (a lot intended to fly over my head, and some did) I think he's a cool dude. He pissed me off recently making a thread he promised to keep super serious (obv with the intent not to) about my progress in life and then he and gay sex went back and forth mangling the whole thing into gibberish, but that's not really much of anything. If I thought he really cared about me (which would be weird) I might be offended, but come on...it's the internet.

Also you may or may not gloss over how much more enjoyment you get out of your time online than certain people do, similar to Tapper. Dig through the history's of guys like Cobson, Tapper, VaughnP, and you find very very little of anything marking anything. I don't mean to pick them for any specific reason, but they must spend a decent amount of time being meticulous, while I freely talk about damn near anything as do most posters.

Small example- gay sex a couple months back was talking about upgrading some shit side entre to garlic twists or something. He cares, I want to chime in and make something of the thread I guess, but it's the same thing every single time- white bunny avatar, small talk about a restaurant I don't have a picture of or described whatosever. I ask where in vegas to peep some restaurant details so I can care enough to keep the thread going and he responded sounding kind of bitter honestly. As if I stepped some invisible line in wanting to know if the upgrade was at a nice spot and significant or he's just insanely bored and now I am a stalker risk or something because I know (maybe) of a restaurant a guy I have never seen before ate at one time.

The privacy thing really got to me honestly, they almost all do it, it's just a bit weird to me and made me paranoid.

Admittedly I do offer far too much, probably my father-less upbringing forcing me to seek constant praise from people regardless if I know them etc. At the same time though, there's not much (if anything) to hold over my head as I am ashamed about very little in life.
    Last edited by 408Mike; 08-24-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Load Metric
    take your meds, Mike

Load Metric
    also, if there are any photoshoppers out there, I have an idea that would be easy to make...probably take you under 1 minute. Need your assistance.
    thx

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    Not true, any poster on Skatz takes pride in his (or her, not presuming anything anymore) writing abilities to a degree, some more than others, and for damn sure if it came down to skatz vs pfa, ego's will get bruised very easily, regardless if we can see a person's picture or something.

There can be other ways besides writing or course, I am just outside the boxing your assertion (and I primarily am ready to take it to their creative writer, I have a score to settle with that gentleman) so don't get offended please.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    take your meds, Mike
    wtf I gave some great input here, Tapper might actually give a shit if he puts some effort into a few pieces of art or writing and you do better, the avatar is, again, him manipulating you for lulz.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    Not true, any poster on Skatz takes pride in his (or her, not presuming anything anymore) writing abilities to a degree, some more than others, and for damn sure if it came down to skatz vs pfa, ego's will get bruised very easily, regardless if we can see a person's picture or something.

There can be other ways besides writing or course, I am just outside the boxing your assertion (and I primarily am ready to take it to their creative writer, I have a score to settle with that gentleman) so don't get offended please.
    Read what I wrote, Mike.

I wasn't just talking about pictures.

Some people put every piece of information about themselves on lockdown, yet routinely troll and post info about others who are more free and open (or who have info that can be tracked down in some way).

On a side note, you should really stay off skatz. It's not healthy for you.

Load Metric

Read what I wrote, Mike.

I wasn't just talking about pictures.

Some people put every piece of information about themselves on lockdown, yet routinely troll and post info about others who are more free and open (or who have info that can be tracked down in some way).

On a side note, you should really stay off skatz. It's not healthy for you.
    Edited respectfully to hear out an opinion I value, and want to make a clear note on the bolded portion which is something I used to miss. I hope I never do again. I do not take criticism well and this (even though it's helpful) my mind perceives automatically as an attack of some kind. Weird, being me.
    Last edited by 408Mike; 08-24-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Load Metric
    Honestly Mike I'm sorry to say this but you really are a f****** loon. You have no idea what my intent is and frankly your kind of ruining the impact with your stupidity.

Go f****** play in traffic

Load Metric
    The Internet is very serious business
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

What kind of avatar did you have in mind, DRK?

Just any photo will due?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    godamn I hope this is a level DRK. Sadly I think you're serious on this. So you make a pretend fuss over at skatz to try and get a bunch of pics to make a bracket on his avatar to drive traffic to your site? Really?

Thread Information