Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intentional thread spamming

Load Metric

Intentional thread spamming

I don’t create multiple threads or “do it for days”. Different and new things are happening right now and it’s easy to find an updated topic instead of searching in an old thread with 1000+ posts. This is a crazy and historic time and different, but related things are happening.

But when someone posts a new thread calling me a “terrorist”, or demanding to report me, or semi doxing me, you say nothing here.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Ignore the haters and follow your inspiration, sir.

Load Metric
    boy you guys are really going hard on desertrunner, just ignore the guy like you do me and mumbles?

bunch of fascists

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: you said hard on

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    boy you guys are really going hard on desertrunner, just ignore the guy like you do me and mumbles?

bunch of fascists
    I agree. Desertrunner is really no one special, Druff can confirm.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    druff whats the PFA penalty for exposing treason?
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I don’t create multiple threads or “do it for days”. Different and new things are happening right now and it’s easy to find an updated topic instead of searching in an old thread with 1000+ posts. This is a crazy and historic time and different, but related things are happening.

But when someone posts a new thread calling me a “terrorist”, or demanding to report me, or semi doxing me, you say nothing here.
    If you were a tree, what kind would you be?

Name:  EC1DB2A4-FEE4-4B7A-9A85-DA2D1C627883.gif
Views: 249
Size:  155.8 KB

Comments

desertrunner: Not sure.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

bunch of fascists
    Why the fuck do you keep repeating this, nobody gives a flying fuck whether you live or die, go post your shit on a forum were you are welcome

Comments

desertrunner: Yewt you keep getting triggred and blowing up.

BCR: This dude is simply the worst. He thinks he’s clever.

MumblesBadly: Chill, adam-man. Druff can afford the extra electrons to post his material along with the rest of PFA.

big dick: .

ToasterOven: lol
    Slava Ukraini!

Gold
    Load Metric

bunch of fascists
    I don't know about everyone else, but this sounds exactly like the type of person I want to see posting over 600 times per month.

Load Metric

I agree PLOL should be punished for threatening/semi-doxing you.

We're talking 'bout shitposting and creating new threads.

Load Metric
    just based on the vibe I’m getting, i feel like druff is entering the post-forum era of his life. (I feel the same btw.)

it just seems like this site brings more aggravation than happiness and it probably has been this way for a while. endless political arguments are draining.

I don’t listen but i am guessing druff still loves doing radio and will stick to just doing that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I actually hardly got any sleep the day before so I was super tired, and actually went to bed at 6pm. This went on for hours while I was sleeping, and I was woken up when I got a barrage of texts about it at about 10:30pm or whatever. I got texts before that too, but I guess I slept through them because I was so tired.

The last thing I felt like doing was waking up at that point handling this, but I had to. This is exactly the type of shit I DON'T want to deal with here. I've always had a sore spot about people who try to fuck up my forum -- whether malicious or to prove a point. If I'm not around to fix it, the forum is basically ruined for most of an entire day. If I'm unavailable (sleeping, on the road, busy), then I have to drop everything and handle it. It's one thing if this is done by Russian spambots or people who hate me. It's another if it's done by longtime users.

I had to not only clean all of this up, but also make a snap decision regarding how I'd handle possible bannings/restrictions. I decided I would take action based upon various factors, some of which had to do with the number of junk threads created, and some of which had to do with other criteria.

At first I thought I'd simply disable thread-starting for everyone involved, but I realized they could just go forth and start bombing existing threads, and I didn't want to have to wake back up a second time and deal with it.

I eventually landed upon post banning the four worst offenders, and simply posting a public warning to everyone else (without naming names) to cut it out. However, after a short time, jsearles sent me an obnoxious PM taunting me about the entire thing, which I didn't appreciate. I also found that sonatine intentionally broke two other rules on the forum prior to all the thread spamming. As a result I gave them a temp full ban, which automatically expires after 3 days. That will stand in both cases.

big dick, on the other hand, sent me a PM after he got banned, telling me that he didn't mean any harm, and that he was simply trying to prove a point. While I'm still unhappy about what he did, I can at least agree that it wasn't malicious on his part. Therefore, I will restore his access now.

The fourth person post-banned is welcome to PM me if he would like to be considered for restoration as well.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
    I was in the same boat as big dick. I didn't mean anything malicious and created ~4 threads.

But I'm still baffled as to how you delete all those threads, but you don't delete any D.R. threads where he creates multiple threads that could be in the Trump threads, or somewhere else. You don't have an issue when d.r. does it for days, but then because a bunch of people all do it at once (coincidentally none of this was premeditated) you lose your shit.

That's my last thoughts on this matter no reply necessary. We can agree to disagree.
    I'll reply anyway.

While I agree that neither you nor big dick were malicious here, the difference is that big dick created way more threads than you did. That's why he was banned and you weren't. I decided to lift his ban today after reading your post and thinking further about the matter.

I also agree this wasn't "premeditated" for several people to get together and do this, but it doesn't take a complex plan for people to copy one another when this sort of thing occurs.

Regarding why I deleted the junk threads and not desertrunner's, it's for two reasons: 1) Desertrunner wasn't creating threads for the purpose of spamming the forum, while several of you were last night. 2) Most of desertrunner's threads have actually spawned discussion about the topics. If they were all getting zero replies (or just trolling and nothing else), I would have deleted them.

Honestly, I see two real issues with desertrunner in the past few weeks:

1) He's creating too many threads. Even though many of the threads would be decent discussion topics by themselves, when he creates too many of them, it becomes bothersome and clutters the forum. I asked him to greatly reduce this shortly before yesterday's spam attack occurred.

2) He has gotten too antagonistic at times with longtime users who criticize him, which hasn't sat well with a lot of people. This is more from unfamiliarity with this community. PFA isn't like Facebook. The site's active posters are mostly people who have been in this community for many years, so they don't take it well when a new (or unfamiliar) user shows up and starts fighting with a whole bunch of them. Basically you have to earn your way here into sassing other members.

So I understand why people are irritated.

At the same time, none of this is malicious, and he's really was trying to just get discussions going here.

Anyway, you should see some improvement.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: so true

Load Metric
    2) He has gotten too antagonistic at times with longtime users who criticize him, which hasn't sat well with a lot of people. This is more from unfamiliarity with this community. PFA isn't like Facebook. The site's active posters are mostly people who have been in this community for many years, so they don't take it well when a new (or unfamiliar) user shows up and starts fighting with a whole bunch of them. Basically you have to earn your way here into sassing other members.
    One note about this and me- I do not initially attack anyone here or online, I leave people alone and respect them. If I am ever "antagonistic" to anyone, its in response to their initial attack on me. Best way to roll.

Load Metric
    redacted

Load Metric
    Lol at Blake getting vibes

Comments

ToasterOven: ha

Load Metric

MPFAGA- Make PFA Great Again- Ban the members that attack others and break the posted rules. its that easy.

Repsect o Druff, good board, thank you.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 01-16-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Load Metric
    desertrunner you're tilting everyone, means you're playing great kid

keep it up

Load Metric

keep it up
    Thanks buddy.

Druff is the new Trump, he’s draining the swamp.

Load Metric

keep it up
    Thanks buddy.

Druff is the new Trump, he’s draining the swamp.
    I don’t think you get it. If by “swamp” you mean the members who have contributed for over a decade - well, yes, they are leaving. That’s not an accomplishment.

I’ve been here 8 years. I am a noob.

When I arrived I got hazed. That’s how it works. If you want in you tuck it up.

I have laid off trolling you. Partly out of respect for Druff. Mostly cause I’m not a made guy. It’s for made guys like Simpdog, BCR, Sonatine and the others to decide.

Reread Druff slowly. Mouth the words if it helps you with comprehension. You will learn to appreciate PFA and they you.

So I understand why people are irritated.
    Study the works of lol wow during your downtime

Silver
    Load Metric
    Druff is playing great here.

A little winding up or gentle trolling is fine, he probably enjoys it .

But these are men in there 30’s , and in pedotines case (who must be mid 50’s) they are just nasty, snide cunts.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    can we talk about the real issue at hand HOW IS A CHICKEN QUESADILLA AT TACO BELL 5 DOLLARS WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fucj yeah!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    Druff is playing great here.

A little winding up or gentle trolling is fine, he probably enjoys it .

But these are men in there 30’s , and in pedotines case (who must be mid 50’s) they are just nasty, snide cunts.
    yeah I think more 40s than 30s tbh, maybe just PLOL and SrslySirius in their 30s, bcr old as fuck

Thread Information