Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intentional thread spamming

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW I am always taking note of how the users feel about things, and that also has a large impact on my decision. I noticed over the past few days that some people are unhappy with desertrunner's thread starting frequency, so I asked him to bring it down some. That's why there hasn't been a thread from him since 5:59pm PT (hours before the spamming began).

I appreciate the users here, especially the longtime good contributors. My only request is that people here treat me and the forum with at least a little respect, and that includes not intentionally ruining the forum or threads if you don't like what's going on at the moment.
    As an infrequent poster I do however read most posts. A lot of interesting characters here some I’d have a bourbon with. Desertrunner is terrible. He’s an amateur troll, thinks he’s clever, comes across as a complete douche. The site is becoming unreadable since he started (very obviously) trying to antagonize everyone here. Probably time for me to move on. I won’t be missed so you probably don’t care about my opinion Dan but soon you’re precious site will be you, d.r., Mickey & splitthis in a circle jerk. Maybe that’s the outcome you’re looking for? If so, enjoy.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :this

big dick: DIS

ToasterOven:

Jayjami: So true

JACKDANIELS: on point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    BTW I am always taking note of how the users feel about things, and that also has a large impact on my decision. I noticed over the past few days that some people are unhappy with desertrunner's thread starting frequency, so I asked him to bring it down some. That's why there hasn't been a thread from him since 5:59pm PT (hours before the spamming began).

I appreciate the users here, especially the longtime good contributors. My only request is that people here treat me and the forum with at least a little respect, and that includes not intentionally ruining the forum or threads if you don't like what's going on at the moment.
    As an infrequent poster I do however read most posts. A lot of interesting characters here some I’d have a bourbon with. Desertrunner is terrible. He’s an amateur troll, thinks he’s clever, comes across as a complete douche. The site is becoming unreadable since he started (very obviously) trying to antagonize everyone here. Probably time for me to move on. I won’t be missed so you probably don’t care about my opinion Dan but soon you’re precious site will be you, d.r., Mickey & splitthis in a circle jerk. Maybe that’s the outcome you’re looking for? If so, enjoy.

Why is that new members who are super active on the site who happen to be of a different ilk from the veteran members usually get so much grief from them? My politics is almost 180 degrees from desertrunner, and his incessant posting about Trump are certainly ridiculous on their face, but heck! Some of his threads generate participation even of its on the fringe of rightwing prepperism. And his flashlight thread/posts are pretty useful info. And he should be forgiven for being a Glockhead, as that can happen to even the best of people.

But seriously, trying to shame Druff into restricting the posting of someone you don’t like even though a lot of may be justified is so high school cliqishness. Get over yourself and your sense of entitlement and put him on Ignore of you don’t like him. Tinegod and a couple of others veterans have done so with me and it has kept them participating and contributing.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Comments

simply1: Lol. And i like you too!

big dick: GREAT SPOT FOR THE LATER FAG GIF

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Why is that new members who are super active on the site who happen to be of a different ilk from the veteran members usually get so much grief from them? My politics is almost 180 degrees from desertrunner, and his incessant posting about Trump are certainly ridiculous on their face, but heck! Some of his threads generate participation even of its on the fringe of rightwing prepperism. And his flashlight thread/posts are pretty useful info. And he should be forgiven for being a Glockhead, as that can happen to even the best of people.

But seriously, trying to shame Druff into restricting the posting of someone you don’t like even though a lot of may be justified is so high school cliqishness. Get over yourself and your sense of entitlement and put him on Ignore of you don’t like him. Tinegod and a couple of others veterans have done so with me and it has kept them participating and contributing.

Last post on this from me, frankly don’t care enough.

“I honestly question if there’s actually going to be an inauguration” DR’s response in Sanlmars inauguration post. Childish, terrible troll. Would sidedish, dwai, etc post this?

It’s not about having differing opinions its about trying to incite anger for him. And he’s not clever enough to be convincing.

Anyhow, later fag for me.

Comments

big dick: stick around

Load Metric
    Druff I vote you bring back searles, sonatine and big dick today. 72 hours is a bit harsh when you told d.r. to slow it down.

They (and myself and Sanlmar) did exactly what he did, it was a peaceful protest.

Also note take a look at this thread:
    Will you let your children watch the inauguration?

It turns into yet another stupid argument with desert runner.

How would you feel if PFA members infiltrated your other forum and started shit posting/fighting with members who have been around for years?

I wouldn't do that, so neither should d.r.

Comments

big dick: .

Load Metric
    Sonatine is toxic af, he should stay banned.

Comments

desertrunner: Yep, agree.

big dick: fuck that he is great content

Salty_Aus: Post more TDS memes

Load Metric
    rofl what you banned our fat elder statesmen tine

Load Metric
    i apparently DONT HAVE MY EAR TO THE GROUND AROUND THESE PARTS

Load Metric
    he is the worst though so i like where ur heads at todge get blake next

Load Metric
    also i just spent 34 dollars on apex legends skins cuz i NEEDED THE LOBA ONE fat tine knows what it be

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    he is the worst though so i like where ur heads at todge get blake next
    may as well. banning tyde, tine, plol and srsly is the equivalent of banning most of the forum since people won’t tune in to watch the desertrunner show

Comments

lol wow: oh wow is it 2015 again dude is not great

Salty_Aus: But we still have dwai desert and mickey

Load Metric
    lol at putting srsly in that list dude is awful act right chang

Comments

blake: you must be forgetting those legendary tyde videos

Load Metric

Intentional thread spamming

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Why is that new members who are super active on the site who happen to be of a different ilk from the veteran members usually get so much grief from them?.
    I’m not new here, been here over 7 years and just posted more lately.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Druff I vote you bring back searles, sonatine and big dick today. 72 hours is a bit harsh when you told d.r. to slow it down.

They (and myself and Sanlmar) did exactly what he did, it was a peaceful protest.

How would you feel if PFA members infiltrated your other forum and started shit posting/fighting with members who have been around for years?

I actually hardly got any sleep the day before so I was super tired, and actually went to bed at 6pm. This went on for hours while I was sleeping, and I was woken up when I got a barrage of texts about it at about 10:30pm or whatever. I got texts before that too, but I guess I slept through them because I was so tired.

The last thing I felt like doing was waking up at that point handling this, but I had to. This is exactly the type of shit I DON'T want to deal with here. I've always had a sore spot about people who try to fuck up my forum -- whether malicious or to prove a point. If I'm not around to fix it, the forum is basically ruined for most of an entire day. If I'm unavailable (sleeping, on the road, busy), then I have to drop everything and handle it. It's one thing if this is done by Russian spambots or people who hate me. It's another if it's done by longtime users.

I had to not only clean all of this up, but also make a snap decision regarding how I'd handle possible bannings/restrictions. I decided I would take action based upon various factors, some of which had to do with the number of junk threads created, and some of which had to do with other criteria.

At first I thought I'd simply disable thread-starting for everyone involved, but I realized they could just go forth and start bombing existing threads, and I didn't want to have to wake back up a second time and deal with it.

I eventually landed upon post banning the four worst offenders, and simply posting a public warning to everyone else (without naming names) to cut it out. However, after a short time, jsearles sent me an obnoxious PM taunting me about the entire thing, which I didn't appreciate. I also found that sonatine intentionally broke two other rules on the forum prior to all the thread spamming. As a result I gave them a temp full ban, which automatically expires after 3 days. That will stand in both cases.

big dick, on the other hand, sent me a PM after he got banned, telling me that he didn't mean any harm, and that he was simply trying to prove a point. While I'm still unhappy about what he did, I can at least agree that it wasn't malicious on his part. Therefore, I will restore his access now.

The fourth person post-banned is welcome to PM me if he would like to be considered for restoration as well.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Comments

dwai: I bet sonatine's fat ass thought you'd never take action against him

Load Metric
    My only complaint is peops creating new threads when unnecessary to do so when those threads could go in trump thread as an example..

someone sensative , why?

Comments

desertrunner: Trump is obviously your issue, not new threas.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 01-16-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Load Metric
    todge where are we on having every new thread have heat autoplaying vis a vis the new threads todge vis a vis heat

Comments

dwai: rofl

Load Metric

I actually hardly got any sleep the day before so I was super tired, and actually went to bed at 6pm. This went on for hours while I was sleeping, and I was woken up when I got a barrage of texts about it at about 10:30pm or whatever. I got texts before that too, but I guess I slept through them because I was so tired.

The last thing I felt like doing was waking up at that point and dealing with this, but I had to. This is exactly the type of shit I DON'T want to deal with here. I've always had a sore spot about people who try to fuck up my forum -- whether malicious or to prove a point. If I'm not around to fix it, the forum is basically ruined for most of an entire day. It's one thing if this is done by Russian spambots or people who hate me. It's another if it's done by longtime users.

I had to not only clean all of this up, but also make a snap decision regarding how I'd handle it. I decided I would take action based upon various factors, some of which had to do with the number of junk threads created, and some of which had to do with other criteria.

At first I thought I'd simply disable thread-starting for everyone involved, but I realized they could just go forth and start bombing existing threads, and I didn't want to have to wake back up a second time and deal with it.

I eventually landed upon post banning the four worst offenders, and simply posting a public warning to everyone else (without naming names) to cut it out. However, after a short time, jsearles sent me an obnoxious PM taunting me about the entire thing, which I didn't appreciate. I also found that sonatine intentionally broke two other rules on the forum prior to all the thread spamming. As a result I gave them a temp full ban, which automatically expires after 3 days. That will stand in both cases.

big dick, on the other hand, sent me a PM after he got banned, telling me that he didn't mean any harm, and that he was simply trying to prove a point. While I'm still unhappy about what he did, I can at least agree that it wasn't malicious on his part. Therefore, I will restore his access now.

The fourth person post-banned is welcome to PM me if he would like to be considered for restoration as well.

sonatine is the other snake in the grass that you were referring to in the other thread isn't it?

he should be banned

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    todge where are we on having every new thread have heat autoplaying vis a vis the new threads todge vis a vis heat
    Sorry but autoplay is a thing done by bush league sites like CNN and skatz.

Load Metric

The last thing I felt like doing was waking up at that point handling this, but I had to. This is exactly the type of shit I DON'T want to deal with here. I've always had a sore spot about people who try to fuck up my forum -- whether malicious or to prove a point. If I'm not around to fix it, the forum is basically ruined for most of an entire day. If I'm unavailable (sleeping, on the road, busy), then I have to drop everything and handle it. It's one thing if this is done by Russian spambots or people who hate me. It's another if it's done by longtime users.

I had to not only clean all of this up, but also make a snap decision regarding how I'd handle possible bannings/restrictions. I decided I would take action based upon various factors, some of which had to do with the number of junk threads created, and some of which had to do with other criteria.

I was in the same boat as big dick. I didn't mean anything malicious and created ~4 threads.

But I'm still baffled as to how you delete all those threads, but you don't delete any D.R. threads where he creates multiple threads that could be in the Trump threads, or somewhere else. You don't have an issue when d.r. does it for days, but then because a bunch of people all do it at once (coincidentally none of this was premeditated) you lose your shit.

That's my last thoughts on this matter no reply necessary. We can agree to disagree.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    so druff how do you feel about someone willig to take up arms to keep Trump in power?

Comments

Salty_Aus: He's super cool with that, as long as he kisses his ass on a daily basis.
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information