Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Intentional thread spamming

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Intentional thread spamming

Very disappointed in certain people here who decided they're going to thread-bomb the site when I'm not around, as some pathetic form of protest.

As I said, in 2021 I am not tolerating BS here. If you're going to act like a child, you can go elsewhere.

The worst offenders have been given a 72-hour nap to where they cannot post at all.

The remainder I'm giving a public warning to stop, and a 72-hour nap next time it happens. Not bothering to send PMs. You know who you are.

For those already given a nap, if this occurs again, you will be outright banned.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: quarantine measures must be invoked

Load Metric
    great story nerd autoplay this

Load Metric
    Nice one Gordo
    This is why we can’t have nice things
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Nice one Gordo
    This is why we can’t have nice things

It was all me, I confess.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: Bounce kit still by the front door?

Gold
    Load Metric
    some of those threads, while useless, could have spawned into some interesting discussions

Load Metric
    We still love you Druff.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: Go fetch a switch

Gordman: Hear hear!

FRANKRIZZO: word

Load Metric
    Lol, baron. Immaculate

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is it a coincidence that Druff logged in and laid down the law, just as I paused the beginning of the movie "Patton" in this particular spot? Hmmm

Name:  20210116_010438.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  3.20 MB

Load Metric
    Can you please deal with d.r. in the same manner?

Tonight I created 4 threads I think? Likely the first four threads I created all month. Desert likely created 4 threads in the past 24 hours as well.

In return you deleted them and threatened me with banning either short term or permanent.

As I said in dwai’s thread I do like you and enjoy posting here. But I have no idea why you’re ignoring a large majority of your posters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Can you please deal with d.r. in the same manner?

Tonight I created 4 threads I think? Likely the first four threads I created all month. Desert likely created 4 threads in the past 24 hours as well.

In return you deleted them and threatened me with banning either short term or permanent.

As I said in dwai’s thread I do like you and enjoy posting here. But I have no idea why you’re ignoring a large majority of your posters.
    I always am open to listen to constructive criticism regarding my forum moderation or anything else. As I've mentioned before, desertrunner isn't here to ruin anything. There is nothing malicious about what he's doing, and I say this as someone who has known him since 2010. With that said, I already asked him to tone down the new thread creation shortly before all of this protest spamming happened.

However, I will never allow people to force me into doing what they want, by ruining the forum until I comply. I didn't name anyone involved because I'm not trying to turn this into a power trip. I stated plainly that the worst offenders of flooding the forum were napped for 3 days, and the lighter offenders were just openly warned (without naming them) to quit doing things like this.

You were in the "warning" group.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW I am always taking note of how the users feel about things, and that also has a large impact on my decision. I noticed over the past few days that some people are unhappy with desertrunner's thread starting frequency, so I asked him to bring it down some. That's why there hasn't been a thread from him since 5:59pm PT (hours before the spamming began).

I appreciate the users here, especially the longtime good contributors. My only request is that people here treat me and the forum with at least a little respect, and that includes not intentionally ruining the forum or threads if you don't like what's going on at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW I am always taking note of how the users feel about things, and that also has a large impact on my decision. I noticed over the past few days that some people are unhappy with desertrunner's thread starting frequency, so I asked him to bring it down some. That's why there hasn't been a thread from him since 5:59pm PT (hours before the spamming began).

I appreciate the users here, especially the longtime good contributors. My only request is that people here treat me and the forum with at least a little respect, and that includes not intentionally ruining the forum or threads if you don't like what's going on at the moment.
    I would have appreciated an honourable mention

Load Metric
    My only request is that people here treat me and the forum with at least a little respect...
    This goes without saying, please treat everyone with respect. Druff is a good person, meet him or not. And yes, I will tone down my postings here, but I don’t see me as the problem, rather the few that ruin the place for everyone else here because of political disagreements.

Much respect and thanks to Druff for the service here, thank you.

Load Metric
    Noticeable pattern- Every time Druff comes in here and cleans up the place, the other good members come out of hiding and post. It’s like a little city where they arrest the bad guys and then the good people come out of hiding. Druff- I think you’re into something here!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Noticeable pattern- Every time Druff comes in here and cleans up the place, the other good members come out of hiding and post. It’s like a little city where they arrest the bad guys and then the good people come out of hiding. Druff- I think you’re into something here!
    Good people? Have I been at the wrong place all these years?

Comments

gimmick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd be happy to see new people posting, but I want the existing posters to be around too.

Not trying to make a statement here. Just can't have stuff like this occurring.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Name:  limitlesssolution.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  27.0 KB

Load Metric
    Can you please pm the names to me. I host an online covid 19 support group in chat here saturday evenings and we have strict rules about non attendance. For confidentiality sake I have no other way to get in touch with my members. I trust you will understand given the nature of my request.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Who are these new posters?

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: lolz

Thread Information