Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lance armstrong to be stripped of 7 titles

*giggling*
    Load Metric

lance armstrong to be stripped of 7 titles

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/...824-24qk5.html

The US Anti-Doping Agency says it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he declared he was finished fighting the drug charges that threaten his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.
    It is a sad day for all of us who love sport and athletes. It's a heartbreaking example of win at all costs overtaking the fair and safe option. There's no success in cheating to win

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/...#ixzz24QvUCSzL
    Last edited by fluffer; 08-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ffs sakes print out the bible while you're at it......two lines would do and I already did so.....nevertheless think of others when you spew your guts

Banned
    Load Metric
    Cycling should be on its knees sucking Lance's limp dick, not that anyone gives a fuck about cycling now but before him I'm pretty sure that shit wasn't even on the map. I literally cannot think of a single name other than Lance, ungrateful fucks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Cycling should be on its knees sucking Lance's limp dick, not that anyone gives a fuck about cycling now but before him I'm pretty sure that shit wasn't even on the map. I literally cannot think of a single name other than Lance, ungrateful fucks.
    That is absolutely retarded....Should everyone bow down to Mark McGuire at the same time........get real bitch

Ever hear of Greg Lemond?

America, I officially doth you stupid

Load Metric
    There are 10 of his former teammates ready to come in and testify that he used. Plus new testing technology shows that samples that formerly tested negative were actually positive. But he's innocent of course - he just doesn't want to bother to fight these completely baseless allegations anymore. You know what would be cool? Some really rich guy should offer to donate like $100 million to his cancer foundation if Lance can pass a lie detector test about all this. He would have to come up with some pathetic excuse about why he won't do it, and I can't think of a better way to show how guilty he really is.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Cycling is huge even without Lance. Its not big over on this side of the ocean but it is crazy in europe and has been for a very long time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    America, I officially doth you stupid
    Hey now, careful with all the dothing.

Silver
    Load Metric
    They obviously have the goods on him. I never bought this guys act, and always thought he was a fucking phony. I remember an interview after his battle with cancer and he spoke about how important his family was to him, and then he got fame and money and immediately dumped his family for Sheryl Crow. That is fine, free country and at the time Sheryl was pretty hot, but don't go on national TV and be a fucking hypocrite and make shit up.

We are to believe this guy is not figthing on because he wants to spend time on his foundation? LOL. The fact he is walking away means his foundation is fucking ruined. If we wanted to have his foundation prosper he'd fight the charges and win. But he was obviously presented with evidence he cannot weasel his way out from under.

Lance is right there with Barry Bonds, Joe Paterno, Roger Clemens, Rafeal Palmerio, etc... just a hypocritical piece of shit.

I remember when Barry Bonds hit 73 homeruns and they asked Hank Aaron what he thought. He laughed and said it was impossible to hit 73 homeruns. They asked him the question again saying Bonds hit 73 homeruns and he laughed and said it was impossible to hit 73 homeruns again.

Cancer patients don't win 7 Tour De Frances legit. Just like a 30 something washed up Roger Clemens does not peel off Cy Youngs in his 40s legit.

Lance Armstrong is a fucking doping fraud and will be laughed at the rest of his life. He will go down with that same fuckwad that beat Carl Lewis in the Olympics. By the way, props to Carl for calling out Jamacia sprinters. That probably will be the next bombshell.

Load Metric
    Well at least he still has his nuts, they can't strip him of those.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    They obviously have the goods on him. I never bought this guys act, and always thought he was a fucking phony. I remember an interview after his battle with cancer and he spoke about how important his family was to him, and then he got fame and money and immediately dumped his family for Sheryl Crow. That is fine, free country and at the time Sheryl was pretty hot, but don't go on national TV and be a fucking hypocrite and make shit up.

We are to believe this guy is not figthing on because he wants to spend time on his foundation? LOL. The fact he is walking away means his foundation is fucking ruined. If we wanted to have his foundation prosper he'd fight the charges and win. But he was obviously presented with evidence he cannot weasel his way out from under.

Lance is right there with Barry Bonds, Joe Paterno, Roger Clemens, Rafeal Palmerio, etc... just a hypocritical piece of shit.

I remember when Barry Bonds hit 73 homeruns and they asked Hank Aaron what he thought. He laughed and said it was impossible to hit 73 homeruns. They asked him the question again saying Bonds hit 73 homeruns and he laughed and said it was impossible to hit 73 homeruns again.

Cancer patients don't win 7 Tour De Frances legit. Just like a 30 something washed up Roger Clemens does not peel off Cy Youngs in his 40s legit.

Lance Armstrong is a fucking doping fraud and will be laughed at the rest of his life. He will go down with that same fuckwad that beat Carl Lewis in the Olympics. By the way, props to Carl for calling out Jamacia sprinters. That probably will be the next bombshell.
    Carl Lewis was a huge doper. The only meets he would compete in were the ones the Americans ran the doping control for. He was outed a number of times. All the track athletes of that era were juicing. The Dubin inquiry / Ben Johnson debacle was as much of a joke as this cycling hunt is now. Track isn't clean now, cycling won't be after this either.

It's funny for cycling to go after Lance. Who are they going to give the titles to? I'm not sure they could find a rider that wasn't doping.

Load Metric
    Armstrong is a scumbag, but they all fucking cheat. View cycling as one would view Nascar. You can't win in Nascar without a great mechanic, crew, and equipment. You can't win in cycling without a great doctor and blood doping. There are a handful of top guys who could take down a given race in either sport with the difference being who has the better support staff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Armstrong is a scumbag, but they all fucking cheat. View cycling as one would view Nascar. You can't win in Nascar without a great mechanic, crew, and equipment. You can't win in cycling without a great doctor and blood doping. There are a handful of top guys who could take down a given race in either sport with the difference being who has the better support staff.
    Yup, Armstrong is a giant fucking douchebag. I think everyone at an elite level in cycling was doping, Armstrong was obviously the best and most likely that was on equal footing. I'm still happy to see him get stripped of the titles and hopefully this all goes a long ways towards cleaning that ridiculous sport up. BTW, anyone arguing that Armstrong is innocent, come the fuck on. Nobody ever gives up the fight to clear their name. He knows this doesnt end well for him and by backing down maybe a handful of retards will still believe him.

Load Metric
    Nobody would give a fuck about cycling unless Armstrong was involved. I feel like they're making this a giant story just to try and make cycling semi relevant again, since they can't use him on the course. They'll utilize him after retirement. Although I don't see anyone going to watch cycling now because they're "evening the playing field"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/...824-24qk5.html

The US Anti-Doping Agency says it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he declared he was finished fighting the drug charges that threaten his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.
    It is a sad day for all of us who love sport and athletes. It's a heartbreaking example of win at all costs overtaking the fair and safe option. There's no success in cheating to win

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/...#ixzz24QvUCSzL
    I've been saying for years to anyone that'll listen to stop eyeballing PED's as any kind of enemy to "fair" sport or whatever else and start focusing more on AMAZING and appreciate it for it's rarity.

Here we have Lance Armstrong, undoubtedly the SINGLE GREATEST CYCLIST in our lifetimes, maybe ever.

Similarly we recently had undoubtedly the SINGLE GREATEST AND MOST FEARED HITTER IN ALL OF BASEBALL, quite possibly of all time. Going further, baseball was dead and buried before Bonds and Mcguire ripped on the scene trading record home run hitting and literally SAVING FUCKING BASEBALL.

The athletes mentioned did so on a completely level playing field (respectively) and it goes like this- everyone has equal access when you get to the top, the winners therefore are either/or exceptionally gifted/harder working than the rest.

I have a feeling things are on track to be progressive for the next gen (meaning, the 30 year old range like me, give/take 10-15 either direction) so steroids and HRT will be very commonplace by the time we really need them. It makes very logical sense if you put yourself in a position which can dictate social policy (lot of power essentially) and have to accommodate advances in science and technology without debasing your authority such that people lose respect overall.

Ban steroids, run with smear campaign, risky to remove the ban right away, logical solution- slowly allow the transition to happen while the generational majority at the time the ban went into effect bitches and moans about trivial shit (like who gets caught taking what when they all take essentially the same shit anyway) dies off and the next gen will be all smiles as we go to ride-aid and pick up GH test and something for the old ticker and keep benching 300+ into our seventies etc etc.

Either way, regardless of public opinions and mumbo jumbo, I implore anyone/everyone faced with such decisions as to take or judge PED's to Do Your Own Research, as I have. No one knows the truth but you, if you can't accurately gauge truth no one is going to do it for you to your satisfaction better than YOU.

Lance Armstrong should have a fucking statue as should Bonds, this witch hunt bullshit is getting out of hand at times....sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Mike,

Bonds did not 'save baseball' you idiot. He, along with Clemens, Palmerio, AROD, were basically cartoon characters.

Baseball was going to be just fine. There was a strike and people were pissed off for a while. But the sport would have been just fine without these dopers.

The whole 90s was basically ruined in baseball. Look at Clemens stats 4 years total before 1996. Then he met his steroid buddy and look what happened right after.

Don't defend the indefensible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post

This and that. I've already had three conversations today where intelligent people have gotten all defensive and suggested the same tired things, witchhunt, conspiracy etc. People can talk themselves out of anything.

So much bigger than an average baseball scandal given his cancer foundation, etc. The money must have just gotten to be too much for him to ever even consider a public omission.

Fucking scumbag he is.

Load Metric
    LOL, a current TMZ poll asking whether or not he doped has 61% of people voting 'no'.

50,000+ votes...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    LOL, a current TMZ poll asking whether or not he doped has 61% of people voting 'no'.

50,000+ votes...
    thats hilarious, no man ever walks away from the greatest legacy in a sport when they are innocent. I was just listening to council for USADA and she said Armstrong did the best thing for himself by giving up on it all. She said their claim against him is air tight and also involves other more serious incidents such as trafficking.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This reminds me of a situation where some poker player gets accused of scamming, the guy weakly denies it on 2+2, about 1000 posts follow that crush him with evidence of guilt, and then the dude doesn't want to dignify it with a response anymore.

Innocent people -- especially innocent public figures -- will go to great lengths to clear their name against false charges.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

50,000+ votes...
    thats hilarious, no man ever walks away from the greatest legacy in a sport when they are innocent. I was just listening to council for USADA and she said Armstrong did the best thing for himself by giving up on it all. She said their claim against him is air tight and also involves other more serious incidents such as trafficking.
    Did not think about that angle, but it makes sense now. 10 guys come forward, says Lance supplied the junk, Lance sees his buddies flipping and cops a deal.

I would not be suprised now if Lance ends up in front of a Grand Jury. I can see Lance laughing though with all the money he made. At this point, I would do the same thing and probably throw it back on people's faces in a reality show. It's sometimes very profitable to be a villian. I mean, if your name is ruined, might as well make money off of it.

Thread Information