Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is zach wilson the next great white NFL QB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    maybe the pats next starting QB

is it me or does the ncaa ball look small?

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    dude is gathering some serious steam.

mulva the magnificent was obv ahead of the curve.

if the jets trade they will prolly get a bounty of great picks. while not being darnold homer, he does still offer some hope should they keep him. but this wilson kid has many traits of more than one top NFL QB.

Last edited by mulva; 03-05-2021 at 10:20 PM.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i'm now in the dumping/trading sammy camp. it's simple economics that even hillbilly GM's know

only one year left on his deal and then you have to pay him 25 or more. or look possibly for another QB a year later.....ahhhh..nope...sorry.

gl in washington, carolina or wherever else u might land.

jets have to get wilson

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i'm now in the dumping/trading sammy camp. it's simple economics that even hillbilly GM's know

only one year left on his deal and then you have to pay him 25 or more. or look possibly for another QB a year later.....ahhhh..nope...sorry.

jets have to get wilson

If I was a Jets fan, I'd be praying for the trade-down. Darnold appears to be an at least average QB thus far. No QB could look good surrounded by that dumpster fire of a team the last few years.

Even a generational talent at QB is still only worth like...4-5 wins a year above replacement tops IMO. You could replay last season with Mahomes and Darnold swapping teams and I'd wager the Chiefs are still a playoff team, Jets maybe 8-8 at best.

It's a QB heavy draft, let some other sucker fall in love with the #2 pick and then grab whoever is left later in the top 10. TLaw to Jags is already set in stone so they effectively have #1 pick now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

jets have to get wilson

If I was a Jets fan, I'd be praying for the trade-down. Darnold appears to be an at least average QB thus far. No QB could look good surrounded by that dumpster fire of a team the last few years.

Even a generational talent at QB is still only worth like...4-5 wins a year above replacement tops IMO. You could replay last season with Mahomes and Darnold swapping teams and I'd wager the Chiefs are still a playoff team, Jets maybe 8-8 at best.

It's a QB heavy draft, let some other sucker fall in love with the #2 pick and then grab whoever is left later in the top 10. TLaw to Jags is already set in stone so they effectively have #1 pick now.
    i was thinking that way. but wilson just mirrors so many top QB's that you have to pull the trigger on him. if sammy's contract was in a better situation then i would consider it more. let's say they keep him he has an avg decent year.. now you have have to sign him for much bigger money or kick in 25mil for another year..and what if they keep him and he underperforms, then you have to get another QB a year later.

you don't need those hassles. after picking wilson the jets should get the best WR available
    Last edited by mulva; 03-10-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    No! Agree with poster who said his ceiling is a mid tier starter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    No! Agree with poster who said his ceiling is a mid tier starter
    well,..i wasn;t as high on him when they drafted him. and for all his mistakes that could be his ceiling.

but also, look at what he's had to deal with as well. he could improve in the right situation, and he has shown some amazing glimpses as well.

the contract status thing seals the deal from my perspective. but the jets might not have many takers for him, so they might have to keep him and roll with it. still have to think that plan A is to trade.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    is it me or does wilson look a lil' chubby?

really think it could be because of the nike sweat propelling shirt he's wearing. you know the fit i'm talking about. when you try on something and it accentuates all the bad. could easily be it.

i guess he passed the pro day workout with flying colors. has there ever been a more "glowing praise"
    Last edited by mulva; 04-05-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    jets had another good draft. that's 2 years in a row imo.

when they traded up to 14th i was excited that they might draft toney. but they really needed another top OL to pair with becton to help protect wilson.

it's too bad most of the nfl has changed, but the player i'm really excited about is michael carter. the dude could be as good as lesean mccoy/jones drew...

look at these fucking moves. plus the dude has power as well. if they make him a feature player he can dominate.

Last edited by mulva; 05-05-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Load Metric

when they traded up to 14th i was excited that they might draft toney. but they really needed another top OL to pair with becton. to help protect wilson.

it's too bad most of the nfl has changed, but the player i'm really excited about is michael carter. the dude could be as good as lesean mccoy/jones drew...

look at these fucking moves. plus the dude has power as well. if they make him a feature player he can dominate.

He'll be a good fantasy player for 4 years then after that who knows.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

when they traded up to 14th i was excited that they might draft toney. but they really needed another top OL to pair with becton. to help protect wilson.

He'll be a good fantasy player for 4 years then after that who knows.
    regardless if he's good enough or great. he might not even be any kind of fantasy option unless they feature him. most nfl teams are moving away from this type of thing.

and remember when i posted this thread. zach wilson didn't get much if any awesome press at the time

Load Metric
    He is going to have a rough year, the Jets suck and he is a rookie

No WR will be his biggest deficit he doesn't really have a #1 now. Corey Davis eh well see and Denzel Mims is good but young. Jamison Crowder is an ok slot guy, but your still missing that down the feild big or rangey guy imo and I think he is set up to fail with the Jets as they are now honestly. At least for a few years here now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    He is going to have a rough year, the Jets suck and he is a rookie

No WR will be his biggest deficit he doesn't really have a #1 now. Corey Davis eh well see and Denzel Mims is good but young. Jamison Crowder is an ok slot guy, but your still missing that down the feild big or rangey guy imo and I think he is set up to fail with the Jets as they are now honestly. At least for a few years here now.
    you're just shooting from the hip like most arm chair QB's.

the jets are 1 year removed from being a 500 team, and last year their schedule was brutal. not to mention gase and injuries. this isn't a 2 win team. NFL schedules come out next week and we'll see their opponents. hard to imagine it being harder than last year.

as for them needing a big rangy WR. that's exactly what mims is. as for crowder,...well, elijah moore can lineup in many spots, and can be involved in numerous ways is they wanted to.

Comments

garrett: haha arm chair QB rep....
    Last edited by mulva; 05-05-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    if em can turn into obj the jets are are gonna be good

he already has the hair and looks more cut

Name:  hi-res-46e97b5f17d728e6330d57b31e4d255a_crop_north.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  35.7 KB

Load Metric
    He can't be worse then Darnold.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I mentioned it earlier here, but I think Darnold can still be pretty good. If he has a good year for Carolina here, that should shut the door on Gase ever being hired to run an offense ever again. That would be 2 straight young qb's who did well after leaving him.

Still shocks me that while most smart fans knew that Gase being qb coach/O coordinator for those late career Peyton Manning teams basically meant "listen to what Peyton wants, tell him ok", people in the league thought he was some genius.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I mentioned it earlier here, but I think Darnold can still be pretty good. If he has a good year for Carolina here, that should shut the door on Gase ever being hired to run an offense ever again. That would be 2 straight young qb's who did well after leaving him.

Still shocks me that while most smart fans knew that Gase being qb coach/O coordinator for those late career Peyton Manning teams basically meant "listen to what Peyton wants, tell him ok", people in the league thought he was some genius.
    yes,...i agree with this. the jets really didn't help him succeed that much with personnel. he's also been injured and had that mono thing. he's had his moments when he wasn't seeing ghosts.

but i've seen things with wilson that leads me to believe he'll finally be "the guy" that i didn't see with darnold

Silver
    Load Metric
    DID NOT READ BUT HE LOST TO COASTAL CAROLINA .... GL IN NYC .... IM PREDICTING SHMUCK

Thread Information