Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democratic Super Majority Thread

Load Metric

Democratic Super Majority Thread

So a lot has happened over the past year and it’s lead to a Supermajority for the Democratic Party. In the past when this has happened the party with the supermajority sends through legislation that the other party typically would be significantly opposed to. These sort of Laws tend to “cost” a lot in “political capital” and much more often than not results in the loss of the supermajority in the Following mid term elections.

With Obama it was the ACA

With Trump it was Tax reform

What will the Joe Biden lead supermajority try to pass? What’s the most important item at the top of the list?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    So a lot has happened over the past year and it’s lead to a Supermajority for the Democratic Party. In the past when this has happened the party with the supermajority sends through legislation that the other party typically would be significantly opposed to. These sort of Laws tend to “cost” a lot in “political capital” and much more often than not results in the loss of the supermajority in the Following mid term elections.

What will the Joe Biden lead supermajority try to pass? What’s the most important item at the top of the list?
    TRANS RIGHTS!

WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUCK TRANNY DICKS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

TRANS RIGHTS!

stfu u unathlethic/uncoordinated dweeb

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    TRANS RIGHTS!

stfu u unathlethic/uncoordinated dweeb
    I would dominate you in any sport you could choose

Comments

big dick: LMAO

Load Metric
    trust me u don’t want the smoke, faggot. I went to Georgetown invite only summer ball run by chuck driesell (lefty driesell’s son) every summer from 5th-9th grade. I played varsity ball as a sophomore, and quit after discovering weed and pursuing the IB diploma. Not to mention a 48” vertical and faster than this entire forum combined.

Comments

OSA: we stan jocks ;)

Load Metric
    trust me u don’t want the smoke, faggot. I went to Georgetown invite only summer ball run by chuck driesell (lefty driesell’s son) every summer from 5th-9th grade. I played varsity ball as a sophomore, and quit after discovering weed and pursuing the IB diploma. Not to mention a 48” vertical and faster than this entire forum combined.
    WHAT ABOUT DARTS?

Load Metric
    pick a sport dwai (basketball or tennis); we escrow 50k ea to druff and I will literally fly out to w/e shithole you live in

Load Metric
    somehow addressing gerrymandering is literally the only thing thats going to have any lasting positive effect imo. it will be something like medicaid for all tho, which will somehow guarantee a republican supermajority led by Christlord O'Jesus McHitler in 2024.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Biden does not have a supermajority. He has a buffer of a few seats in the House and no margin in the Senate. The only thing he could really do is maybe increase taxes on the super wealthy, and even those folks don't care since they are all north of $100M anyways. Most Senators will never vote to end the Filibuster because then they become a smaller version of the House and that will never happen.

He can do some things on the margins with a fractionalized country, but the same principle will rule the day, a loser is a fucking loser. Has not changed since the beginning of time. Poor losers will still be poor losers and you can give them checks every day for life and they will still spend it on disposable shit that harms them. I knew a loser in my early 20s that got a settlement on a lawsuit for like $50,000. What did he do? He bought a Corvette and spent two weeks in Europe partying. He was broke in the same year and sold his Corvette. LOL. Poor people are dumb.

Comments

splitthis: My work is done with your negative rep repair

GrenadaRoger:

Walter Sobchak: some people are dumber than others

Load Metric
    Some strengthening of the health care provisions of ACA seems top of the range given the slimmest of majorities. Manchin would have to go along with that given his states poverty.

Obviously stimulus, but that had the numbers before GA, just an inability to get it to floor by Mcconell. Nothing like student loan forgiveness will happen this go around. I see that talked about, but it won’t happen.

There is actually more room for dem infighting now that we have majority. They’ll want shit that no one can deliver with Manchin and a few others.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Some strengthening of the health care provisions of ACA seems top of the range given the slimmest of majorities. Manchin would have to go along with that given his states poverty.

Obviously stimulus, but that had the numbers before GA, just an inability to get it to floor by Mcconell. Nothing like student loan forgiveness will happen this go around. I see that talked about, but it won’t happen.

There is actually more room for dem infighting now that we have majority. They’ll want shit that no one can deliver with Manchin and a few others.

im already seeing leftists howl at the moon that AOC has already abandoned them so maybe someones actually leading? time will tell.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    pick a sport dwai (basketball or tennis); we escrow 50k ea to druff and I will literally fly out to w/e shithole you live in
    I would make you look like an old geezer in tennis

Load Metric
    I’d like to put forward something that gets absolutely zero playtime.

All we heard about during the Supreme Court nominations was the importance of Roe V Wade. We couldn’t possibly allow the court to get to 6-3 becuase a woman’s right to choose would be legislated away from the bench inside of a year.

If abortion rights are that precious and the Democrats feel this is such a bigly issue - isn’t now the time to go ahead and put into Law a guarantee a woman’s right to an abortion (or a man, I guess).

Diamond
    Load Metric
    How about Federal Legalization of Marijuana.

I got a ETF that would LOVE to be apart of that news. Also thinking of rebuying Aurora or Aphria sometime this year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Biden does not have a supermajority. He has a buffer of a few seats in the House and no margin in the Senate. The only thing he could really do is maybe increase taxes on the super wealthy, and even those folks don't care since they are all north of $100M anyways. Most Senators will never vote to end the Filibuster because then they become a smaller version of the House and that will never happen.

He can do some things on the margins with a fractionalized country, but the same principle will rule the day, a loser is a fucking loser. Has not changed since the beginning of time. Poor losers will still be poor losers and you can give them checks every day for life and they will still spend it on disposable shit that harms them. I knew a loser in my early 20s that got a settlement on a lawsuit for like $50,000. What did he do? He bought a Corvette and spent two weeks in Europe partying. He was broke in the same year and sold his Corvette. LOL. Poor people are dumb.
    I hope you are right. Of concern to me is gun laws--a heavy tax on ammunition and firearms, banning of certain semi-automatics, eliminating conceal carry anywhere in the country, seizure of currently owned firearms with or without adequate compensation. Remember, Kamilla Harris appealed Peralta v San Diego to the full 9th circuit and won, which restored all of California to being a may issue state instead of a shall issue state for conceal carry.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

I hope you are right. Of concern to me is gun laws--a heavy tax on ammunition and firearms, banning of certain semi-automatics, eliminating conceal carry anywhere in the country, seizure of currently owned firearms with or without adequate compensation. Remember, Kamilla Harris appealed Peralta v San Diego to the full 9th circuit and won, which restored all of California to being a may issue state instead of a shall issue state for conceal carry.
    Democrats did about nothing after children were massacred at Sandy Hook. I think your guns are safe, dumbass.

Load Metric
    this space reserved for gay story meme

Load Metric
    I don't mean to nitpick, but control of government doesn't mean "super majority".

You'd like to think they'd pass popular things like an infrastructure plan, 15 dollar minimum wage and legal weed. But, we're talking about Democrats, so I'd say increased defense spending, some kind of carbon tax and a blue ribbon panel on medicare for all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I don't mean to nitpick, but control of government doesn't mean "super majority".

You'd like to think they'd pass popular things like an infrastructure plan, 15 dollar minimum wage and legal weed. But, we're talking about Democrats, so I'd say increased defense spending, some kind of carbon tax and a blue ribbon panel on medicare for all.
    Technically they would need 60 in the Senate to be truly iron proof but unless Rand Paul wants to filibuster the whole two years they are going to get what they want

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Technically they would need 60 in the Senate to be truly iron proof but unless Rand Paul wants to filibuster the whole two years they are going to get what they want
    Who is "they" in this scenario? Biden? Bernie? Joe Manchin?

Thread Information