Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Threatening to give out other users' personal info

Blog Entries

Threatening to give out other users' personal info

I saw someone offer to give personal info of another user here, and I deleted the message.

Unless it involves a likely-true scamming allegation (which doesn't apply to anyone currently on PFA, to my knowledge), this is a huge no-no, and I'm not going to allow it here.

This includes attempting to scare users into thinking you have their info, even if you really don't. I am going to have very little tolerance for this, especially if it's being done simply because you find a user here annoying.

Comments

desertrunner: Goo call.

rum dick: Good man

Blog Entries
    I think some people aren't taking me seriously.

I guarantee any attempt to dox or threaten users here in order to make some kind of point won't end well.

Nobody is forced to post here. If you think you're going to threaten or scare people off this forum, simply because you don't like their posts or politics, take care.

Blog Entries
    BTW this isn't aimed at big dick, whose thread I know is a joke. This is aimed at "others".

Comments

big dick: LOLZ YA I WAS JOKING

Blog Entries
    I don't think some people here got the memo from the end of December.

This forum absolutely, positively is never going to be used to fuck with me or anyone I care about. Arguing, trolling, insults, criticism... that's all fair game. But if it goes beyond that, especially if the end goal is to aggravate or distress me, that isn't going to fly. I don't care who you are, I don't care how long you've been here, and I don't care how much people like you.

There is some nasty stuff happening, and it's going to be put down.

GET THEM TODGER
    PRAISE TODD

also wtf are you talking about ?

Comments

Tellafriend: holy shit i lol'd
    PRAISE TODD

ANSWER HIM DRUFF

when I said Sryslysirius was living on the mouth side of a glory hole behind Burger King I was just fucking around Todge geez

Comments

adamantium: LOL

SRSLYSIRIUS TRIED TO PHISH ME WITH AN AOL INSTAKISS SCAM!

#BIGTOPIC
    PRAISE TODD

Blog Entries
    YOU BETTER FUCKING BELIEVE IT'S A #BIGTOPIC, JACK

What is Theory of Mind?

Theory of Mind is defined in the dictionary, "...being able to infer the full range of mental states (beliefs, desires, intentions, imagination, emotions, etc.) that cause action. In brief, having a theory of mind is to be able to reflect on the contents of one's own and others' minds."

Or, simply put, having a strong theory of mind means you can adapt your own thought processes to think like others. When you see others act, you also see why they're acting the way they are, rather than just seeing the way they're acting and then knee-jerk reacting to it.

Autistic people tend to have a very poor theory of mind. They see the world as incredibly black-and-white. They cannot get themselves to think like others. They often cannot ascertain other people's motivations, or put themselves in others' shoes. If they see something they don't like, they simply react angrily because they don't like it. They don't have much of an ability to delve further into why that behavior is occurring. They often can't detect when people are doing things specifically to get a rise out of them. For this reason, autistic people can be very easily to manipulate and mess with, because it is easy to simply push their buttons and cruelly watch them react. In fact, some people who torture and manipulate autistic people are some of the worst human beings out there -- and they get some sick sense of intellectual superiority when they do it. They feel like human puppet masters.

Imagine what would happen if you misjudged someone whom you believe lacks theory of mind. Imagine if your own arrogance allowed you to believe you were going to have some sadistic fun at their expense. Imagine thinking you're the puppet master while the puppet is allowing you to hang yourself, and is setting up an appropriate and fitting ending to the entire story.

Comments

dwai:

DESERTRUNNER HAS AUTISM?

Blog Entries
    This forum is inconsequential.

It doesn't really affect lives, and it's a relatively small group of people. There are tons of places to converse on the internet -- many much larger than this one. PFA isn't Twitter or Facebook. It doesn't have a monopoly on the wide conversation.

If you don't like me -- or you don't like this forum -- the option always exists to leave. It's easy. You just press Log Out, and never come back. Before you go, you can contact anyone you want to interact with elsewhere, and give them information to reach you. It's that simple.

That is my expectation of every user here. If you choose to express your dissatisfaction with the forum by openly stating what you don't like, that is also fine.

What's not fine is trying to screw with me, screw with the site, screw with my friends, or screw with my family. If you're angry at me or the way I run the site, and your reaction is to harass me or those close to me, then there's going to be a problem.

There's going to be a big problem.

* If you can't figure out whether or not this applies to you, then it doesn't. Those being discussed will recognize themselves very clearly.

Comments

ftpjesus:

Jesus I leave for 12 hours and the place is at war. WTF?
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

Blog Entries
    I wish old Pokertableratings was still up.

Remember Pokertableratings? It showed a semi-accurate account of how people were really doing at cash game poker online. Yeah, it would miss hands and sessions and sometimes be off, but it would never be way off.

Of most interest on Pokertableratings -- at least to me -- was the list of the player's "best friends" (code for people they beat the most) and "worst enemies" (code for people who beat them the most).

A look at my online poker accounts showed a curious pattern. My record against other winning pros wasn't anything to write home about. In fact, many of them were up on me. However, every time you looked up a fish or semi-fish in my games, you saw the same thing -- their top or second-top "worst enemy" was me. This wasn't just because of bumhunting. Even when you broke it down to BB/100, I was still the best out of everyone at beating fish.

How?

Goes back to theory of mind. The stronger your theory of mind, the better you can beat fish. Even top pros often have a hard time with fish, because they lack a strong theory of mind. To them, fish are unpredictable and tough to understand. Sure, they beat them because their fundamentals and game theory are far superior, but they don't play them optimally.

I played fish near optimally because I could think just like them, after just a short time at the table. I understood not just how they played, but why they played the way they did. I could also sense changes in mood which would alter their style -- even online, and even on sites with no chat.

There are many people more successful in poker than I am. There are many people who would beat me heads up. But something I could always be proud of was the fact that I consistently got the greatest share of the fish money, even if my numbers against the other pros were nothing special.

Dealing with people in real life is a lot different than dealing with fish at the poker table. However, those that picture me with no theory of mind....

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Jesus I leave for 12 hours and the place is at war. WTF?
    No war.

But some people gonna have some 'splainin to do.

And "we were only kidding" isn't going to fly.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: WEIRD AL REP!

Blog Entries
    Bottom line is that some not very aware people think I'm an autistic robotron limit holdem player who can't read the room, so they're reckless and do all kinds of stupid shit, and then SURPRISE, it's been crystal clear the whole way, because they were too busy snickering to understand how obvious they were.

So it's time for certain individuals to reach me and explain the truth, the whole truth, or nothing but the truth. Trust me on that one especially.

Please drop the name(s) who has you tilting
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Please drop the name(s) who has you tilting
    Will come out soon enough.

DRUFF STILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE IST?

SEEMS LIKE IT

Thread Information