Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got bit by my neighbors dog today.

Load Metric

Got bit by my neighbors dog today.

Before I start yes the dogs had it’s shots so any comments about hoping I get rabies and die I’m cutting off at the knees.

Anyway was headed out and saw small medium sized dog loose and it looked lost and scared. I didnt actually recognizd it as I knew they had a pittie mix and I’d see glimpses of another dog but never really could recall what it looked like. Anyway some kids were also out and between us we kinda got the dog to stop long enough so I could try and call the number on the dogs tag. No answer. .. I went and got the leash for one of my dogs so we could at least keep it from running off. I got it leashed and was trying to walk it over to the on-site dog park so at least it would be safe... that’s when it went sideways. The dog didn’t want to really walk and it had been letting the kids pet him. Anyway I reached down to try and pet the dog to reassure it and no warning no growling nothing it snapped and bit me on the right hand. Only one puncture wound but pretty decent. Went to the ER had it cleaned out which hurt like a bitch and on antibiotics.

Forgot to add the dog walked with the kids and the neighbor came out. She did acknowledge it was her dog and she apologized profusely. I get the dog was scare and found out it had an abuse history. I had to report it to the city animal control. I hate to tell her but she’s going to likely have to file in her renters insurance which is required where we are at because I’m all but certain my medical insurance is going to refuse to pay. They did the same crap when my wife was in a car wreck oct 2019 and had to get our auto insurance to pay out their portion to get the remainder paid by medical that wasn’t paid for by our auto insurance. (Was her fault).

Anyway just sucks my hand hurts and swollen. I hope to avoid hiring a lawyer at this point but I’ve got two to go to if I need to or it comes to it. AZ doesn’t have a one bite rule it’s an absolute liability state when it comes to dog bites...

Load Metric
    There's a new strain of rabies thats immune to the shots.

Comments

splitthis: Lol robid
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Hope everything heals up and not too much hassle getting paid.

I'll never understand why people have pit bulls.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Before I start yes the dogs had it’s shots so any comments about hoping I get rabies and die I’m cutting off at the knees.

Anyway was headed out and saw small medium sized dog loose and it looked lost and scared. I didnt actually recognizd it as I knew they had a pittie mix and I’d see glimpses of another dog but never really could recall what it looked like. Anyway some kids were also out and between us we kinda got the dog to stop long enough so I could try and call the number on the dogs tag. No answer. .. I went and got the leash for one of my dogs so we could at least keep it from running off. I got it leashed and was trying to walk it over to the on-site dog park so at least it would be safe... that’s when it went sideways. The dog didn’t want to really walk and it had been letting the kids pet him. Anyway I reached down to try and pet the dog to reassure it and no warning no growling nothing it snapped and bit me on the right hand. Only one puncture wound but pretty decent. Went to the ER had it cleaned out which hurt like a bitch and on antibiotics.

Forgot to add the dog walked with the kids and the neighbor came out. She did acknowledge it was her dog and she apologized profusely. I get the dog was scare and found out it had an abuse history. I had to report it to the city animal control. I hate to tell her but she’s going to likely have to file in her renters insurance which is required where we are at because I’m all but certain my medical insurance is going to refuse to pay. They did the same crap when my wife was in a car wreck oct 2019 and had to get our auto insurance to pay out their portion to get the remainder paid by medical that wasn’t paid for by our auto insurance. (Was her fault).

Anyway just sucks my hand hurts and swollen. I hope to avoid hiring a lawyer at this point but I’ve got two to go to if I need to or it comes to it. AZ doesn’t have a one bite rule it’s an absolute liability state when it comes to dog bites...

Comments

garrett: proper haha...

jsearles22: FTP so faggy
    So she gave me sloppy toppy like the sloppy toppy goddess

Load Metric
    Pic of hand when you have to change bandage. If you had a good relationship with your neighbor that’s likely to be over. Not dogs fault, is idiot neighbors fault for not keeping dog controlled.

Get well soon.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Find out if the dog’s owner has a homeowner’s policy. They usually cover dog bites. Wishing you well in your recovery and hoping you didn’t give the dog AIDS.

Load Metric
    Why I usually carry a knife on me, I got a chance against any type of attack.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    A bitten hand because he fucked up doesn’t qualify as an attack.

Load Metric
    Why are you walking around messing with people's pets? By your own admission the dog was not bothering anyone until you tried to chain up the dog. You agitated the dog for no reason, and now you want to file a lawsuit? Any defense attorney is going to say did you call 911 or Animal Control if you were so concerned? I've seen many of dogs in my life wandering around, never once did I go grab a leash, I generally just go about my business.

Comments

Salty_Aus: tgull is spot on.
    Last edited by tgull; 01-31-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Load Metric
    When you reached down to pet the dog, did you have you hand over its head or under its chin? I ask because reaching onto the top of a dog’s head is a signal to them that you are trying to dominate it, and not at all recommended with a strange dog.

Instead, first reach your hand palm up towards below the dog’s snout to within a few inches away, giving it a chance to smell you and react, all the while making soothing sounds to it. Then if it just smells you and doesn’t react aggressively, proceed carefully to gently scratch under its chin and neck. This closely resembles a signal of submission to a dog. Be sure to keep your hand under its face until it gives some kind of signal of submission, such as licking your hand or twisting its head to bring its side or top for your hand to rub/scratch.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Comments

OSA: POST OF THE THREAD

desertrunner: Thisa dog rules.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    100,000 lumens right in the face will stop any attack imo.

Comments

simpdog: lol

MumblesBadly: DR considers 100,000 lumens overkill.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Hope everything heals up and not too much hassle getting paid.

I'll never understand why people have pit bulls.
    This wasn’t a pittie. The neighbor has a pit mix but this was her other dog which was a mix of like mountain cur and another as it was definitely smaller then a pure bred would be. Hurts like shit I just want my med bills paid and recoup what I’m losing in pay this weekend being unable to work Uber/Lyft probably between the bonus I should’ve gotten and regular fares would be around $1000 lost in gross pay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Find out if the dog’s owner has a homeowner’s policy. They usually cover dog bites. Wishing you well in your recovery and hoping you didn’t give the dog AIDS.
    Moving soon to a house but wife and I are in an apt and it’s mandatory to have renters insurance coverage with 100k liability (and management requires proof of coverage and notice as a interested party in case it gets cancelled). So I know there’s coverage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    When you reached down to pet the dog, did you have you hand over its head or under its chin? I ask because reaching onto the top of a dog’s head is a signal to them that you are trying to dominate it, and not at all recommended with a strange dog.

Instead, first reach your hand palm up towards below the dog’s snout to within a few inches away, giving it a chance to smell you and react, all the while making soothing sounds to it. Then if it just smells you and doesn’t react aggressively, proceed carefully to gently scratch under its chin and neck. This closely resembles a signal of submission to a dog. Be sure to keep your hand under its face until it gives some kind of signal of submission, such as licking your hand or twisting its head to bring its side or top for your hand to rub/scratch.
    Have three dogs of our own one of which has an abuse history of her own before we got her. I came slowly to the dog and I figured if it was ok with the kids I wouldn’t have to worry too much. I was trying to reassure it. Oh well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Being it was afternoon in AZ was pretty sunny but anyway. It wasn’t like the dog chomped down and wouldn’t let go. It just lunged and snapped and bit my hand that was the end of it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Being it was afternoon in AZ was pretty sunny but anyway. It wasn’t like the dog chomped down and wouldn’t let go. It just lunged and snapped and bit my hand that was the end of it.
    You should hire Ben smokin.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You “had” to report it to city animal control? No you didn’t. You initiated this contact. (nosy neighbour syndrome)

Your busyness has cost your neighbour money at best (dog may be put down) and you a lesson to be learned.

Don't care about your hand because it's part of you.

Load Metric
    Sometimes you’re just an insufferable faggot

Comments

desertrunner: Talking about you or me?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

You “had” to report it to city animal control? No you didn’t. You initiated this contact. (nosy neighbour syndrome)

Your busyness has cost your neighbour money at best (dog may be put down) and you a lesson to be learned.

Don't care about your hand because it's part of you.
    Private health care vs socialized medicine. I get a little bite from a neighbours dog. It's taken care of. You get al little bite and despite the minimal cost the question is who do we bill? You made the mistake, you pay for it. That dog did come at you, just the opposite. Man up.

Thread Information