Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So much for "Follow the Science" - Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

WRONG. Actually, the first place I saw it was on CNN (You know that Right Wing Conspiracy Outfit) and later saw a more robust article on msn.com

And, I think it is responsible to question the method of dispensing the vaccine, just like we all did with the current administration. But, these facts don't fit your liberal narrative, so carry on!
    sonatine is a fat slob idiot, don't mind him, he's paid to shill left wing bullshit here
    well, I mind him on Feb 2 at least

i want to know if he sees his shadow when he emerges from his bunker

Comments

dwai:
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Hopefully he's rushing it because they snuck a dose of Biden Derangement Syndrome vaccine in with the covid shot.

Incredible how many global health experts we have here.
    Why is MSN reporting that a lot of respected scientists think this is a big mistake?

I don't recall MSN being on the list of Fake News Right Wing Media.
    You could always read the article in the OP...

"The Biden team’s decision won’t change the timing interval between first and second doses, according to a person familiar with the administration’s planning."

...or just wait a few weeks. No one is saying THIS is a mistake. No one (in the media) has the details what THIS even is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Why is MSN reporting that a lot of respected scientists think this is a big mistake?

I don't recall MSN being on the list of Fake News Right Wing Media.

"The Biden team’s decision won’t change the timing interval between first and second doses, according to a person familiar with the administration’s planning."

...or just wait a few weeks. No one is saying THIS is a mistake. No one (in the media) has the details what THIS even is.
    Nobody is saying this will change the timing.

The problem is that the second dose may simply not be available -- something Biden has acknowledged is a possibility. The whole point is to shoot off the entire load of vaccines, and then hope and pray they produce/distribute enough second doses in time.

I don't know about you, but I don't exactly have a lot of faith in the government to make something happen on schedule without bureaucratic/logistical snafus. As I said, this has fail written all over it.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

The problem is that the second dose may simply not be available -- something Biden has acknowledged is a possibility. The whole point is to shoot off the entire load of vaccines, and then hope and pray they produce/distribute enough second doses in time.

I don't know about you, but I don't exactly have a lot of faith in the government to make something happen on schedule without bureaucratic/logistical snafus. As I said, this has fail written all over it.

Almost every country is doing this, including Canada. There is no evidence that the vaccine isn't just as effective with a delayed 2nd dosage. We will see.

Load Metric

It already had fail written all over it. As it was. The distribution has been piss poor. The debate became is it better to have more people having partial immunity quicker a better result than a smaller group having more full immunity? I have no idea of the answer. To be honest, given the people who were telling me their opinion was to release it all, they tended to be right wing, I assumed this one was an argument coming from your side, or just general disagreement amongst medical professionals all wanting the best and having differing opinions.

When it was first brought to my attention, someone asking me what I thought, I legit had the concept of the vaccine so wrong that it didn’t even make sense. I had a completely erroneous idea of what it even was on some level. I understood the mrna concept, how that worked. What I didn’t grasp was that both shots were the exact same thing.

I thought the first was signaling the body to produce a reaction, and the second some introduction of the virus in a small amount once the body was prepared to fight it. My concept was stuck on old medicine and vaccines where we gave small doses. My friend educated me and disabused me of my entirely faulty idea.

So once she did that, we started discussing what’s better and she was more in your camp, but said the doctors on staff were more on the side of the direction of release it all. She went on to say they were of the opinion many would get second shots, even when it really wasn’t necessary. Obviously 52% is an average. Not that they thought the second shots shouldn’t be done, but that getting that first to as many as possible took precedence.

I talked to my family doctor just out of curiosity, and he was in the release it all camp. He’s a right winger, type that said China really fucked us on this one right off the bat, but he’s also really attentive and on top of shit and super well regarded and we get along, so I just assumed this was the opinion of many physicians considering what my friend in the ER in Charlotte said. She’s a doctor, but of pharmacy, so not nearly as involved in hands on patient care.

My personal doctor feels like someone said here, maybe San, that we’re heading for a vaccine glut at some point and we should just give the first and push for the second as quickly as they get it.
    Last edited by BCR; 01-09-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Load Metric

Private companies who want to make money are the ones making this vaccine, not the federal government. The more money that is made available, the more vaccine that will be created. It's a problem with multiple solutions that are already available, and with a federal government that may finally be intent on making a vaccine available widely and is willing to pay for it, there's almost no reason to think the schedule will not accelerate from what was expected with the current Trump administration.

The immunity problem (by far the hard part of this whole thing) has been solved, and only the manufacturing and distro is left. Considering manufacturing has also been solved in short order, money and distro are the only issues left, not production. Millions of doses of each vaccine were produced before they were even approved. Amping that up is merely offering the right carrot to the rabbits who can make it happen, and there are way more of those rabbits than there are people who tried to come up with a cure.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 01-09-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Load Metric
    As Druff said during his radio show segment, 52% effective vaccine will not change the behavior of most people; a 95% effective will.

imo, Biden not foreseeing that shows his mental capabilities are inadequate for the position he is in

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    As Druff said during his radio show segment, 52% effective vaccine will not change the behavior of most people; a 95% effective will.

imo, Biden not foreseeing that shows his mental capabilities are inadequate for the position he is in
    You’re entitled to your opinion.

I already do pretty much everything outside eat in sit down restaurants. I don’t see behavior changed all that much where I’m at. People wear masks, but things are crowded. I’d go play live poker at 52% with the idea that if I get it, it’s going to be extraordinarily mild. I’d also get the second shot as it becomes available. People aren’t taking it that seriously already, so feeling more safe, even if not completely safe, would change behavior in a huge way if you’re talking supporting business and going places.

Im trying to get this line of thinking straight. So the way the vaccine was distributed according to Druff when it came to priority and who got it first was a leftist idea, yet the protocol for finishing the two shots was Trump’s policy? That’s our story here and us now doing it as other countries are is a reason to question his mental capabilities? Got it. Very consistent.

Load Metric

Ok, then we just don't know how much of gamble it is. And actually the second dose not being there does change the timing.

We just don't have the details to get anywhere with this discussion. Namely are they going to throw more money and people towards logistics of distribution. I think in general they said they would, but without any numbers or specifics of the plan it doesn't mean much.

To a degree they're already doing THIS. Local distribution centers aren't sitting on doses that are earmarked as 2nd doses. The timing they are looking for is 3-4 weeks. Mostly only difference is what amount of doses they withhold on federal level. There already is a risk that x amount of people wont get their 2nd shot with the current system.

Load Metric
    This Thread made hoping people don't read the article.
    and just go off the lies the OP made.

As opposed to Trump, Biden isn't making science decisions on his own.

Yeah epic fail, lets go back to Trump's plan of telling people to take Lysol.

Did any GOP here, not believe in science before Trump ordered you not to?
    Then had Fox do the "say it over and over and over" thing so you mental midgets buy it.

Except for you GOP morons keeping the hospitals full and that isn't right for our medical staffs,
    WTF do I care if you take it or not? Please, Don't take it, own the libs, I'll just get mine sooner.

Horrible idea.

This has fail written all over it.

He hasn't taken office yet and is already making egregious mistakes.

Comments

dwai: can't make up how stupid this guy is
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I already do pretty much everything outside eat in sit down restaurants. I don’t see behavior changed all that much where I’m at. People wear masks, but things are crowded. I’d go play live poker at 52% with the idea that if I get it, it’s going to be extraordinarily mild. I’d also get the second shot as it becomes available. People aren’t taking it that seriously already, so feeling more safe, even if not completely safe, would change behavior in a huge way if you’re talking supporting business and going places.

Im trying to get this line of thinking straight. So the way the vaccine was distributed according to Druff when it came to priority and who got it first was a leftist idea, yet the protocol for finishing the two shots was Trump’s policy? That’s our story here and us now doing it as other countries are is a reason to question his mental capabilities? Got it. Very consistent.
    Actually, I'll admit I don't know who came up with the two-dose policy. Maybe it was those same leftists at the CDC who based the priority on "racial justice" (lol). Maybe Trump was advised on this and made a choice. Maybe Trump had nothing to do with it, and it was just the CDC office under him making the decision. Whatever.

This wasn't to praise Trump. It was to shame Biden for this dumb idea.

If I knew it was highly likely that the second dose would be there on time, I would say this is a fine idea, regardless of whose it is. I want to see my parents vaccinated faster, and I don't care which President gets it done.

However, this really looks like it's opening loads of extra points of failure, and I can already hear the excuses when it doesn't pan out the way they want. Looks like a gamble to me -- and a stupid one.

Load Metric
    Re-read this article.

Actually, I'll admit I don't know who came up with the two-dose policy. Maybe it was those same leftists at the CDC who based the priority on "racial justice" (lol). Maybe Trump was advised on this and made a choice. Maybe Trump had nothing to do with it, and it was just the CDC office under him making the decision. Whatever.

If I knew it was highly likely that the second dose would be there on time, I would say this is a fine idea, regardless of whose it is. I want to see my parents vaccinated faster, and I don't care which President gets it done.

However, this really looks like it's opening loads of extra points of failure, and I can already hear the excuses when it doesn't pan out the way they want. Looks like a gamble to me -- and a stupid one.

Load Metric
    Oh I see your point now,
    “If President-elect Biden is calling for the distribution of vaccines knowing that there would not be a second dose available, that decision is without science or data and is contrary to the FDA’s approved label,” said Michael Pratt, a spokesman for Operation Warp Speed.

I love how you guys don't care about science, until one of Trump's lackey's says something you do like.
    Now all of a sudden you do believe in science?

Warp speed was the epic fail.
    No one cares what Trump's science dept says about anything,

Comments

dwai: you are awful

Cerveza Fria: Really weak sauce here. Try again

Load Metric

Everything I see reported is this was a reversal to Trump administration policy of holding back second doses. Logic dictates if he was that involved in that decision, a bunch of leftists weren’t running the CDC, and who got the doses and the priority chain is also owned by him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Everything I see reported is this was a reversal to Trump administration policy of holding back second doses. Logic dictates if he was that involved in that decision, a bunch of leftists weren’t running the CDC, and who got the doses and the priority chain is also owned by him.
    I don't understand what you're saying here.

It's very possible that leftists at the CDC were indeed behind this decision, but Biden's people simply disagreed with it.

Unlike the racial justice nonsense (something decided by actual leftists there, as I'm sure you'll agree), the one-dose versus two-dose thing isn't political. It's just a different strategy -- and one I feel is dumb.

Load Metric

Everything I see reported is this was a reversal to Trump administration policy of holding back second doses. Logic dictates if he was that involved in that decision, a bunch of leftists werenÂ’t running the CDC, and who got the doses and the priority chain is also owned by him.

It's very possible that leftists at the CDC were indeed behind this decision, but Biden's people simply disagreed with it.

Unlike the racial justice nonsense (something decided by actual leftists there, as I'm sure you'll agree), the one-dose versus two-dose thing isn't political. It's just a different strategy -- and one I feel is dumb.
    I don’t agree the priority of who gets the vaccine was decided by leftists at the CDC. I think the leftist racial justice language was simply politically expedient. I’ve never seen conservatives give a fuck about old people in my life. Not pensions, not constantly fighting to raise social security age, etc. In no arena have I ever seen republicans give a fuck about old people, so I disagree with your whole premise just because some woke language was in there, that the agency ran by a Trump appointee wasn’t guiding the protocol. Giving your opponent a small win in language is a long held Washington game.

Keeping the economy moving and people working was always priority 1-10 for the GOP. The policy they went with was in line with that priority.

I dont have an opinion on this move. It all depends on the supply chain. Trump was so hated around the globe, that I think its possible international companies and other countries might help Biden get more doses if only to make Trump look stupid and him more competent. As a fuck you once Biden is in office.

Even if not, I’d feel better if my parents had one shot and it took six weeks for the second. I’d feel better having one shot than waiting until late August.

Load Metric

I think media is going with the line, "i would like to be outraged by my own bad faith argument", on both sides.

From the article in the OP...

Michael Pratt, a spokesman for Operation Warp Speed.

“If President-elect Biden is suggesting that the maximum number of doses should be made available, consistent with ensuring that a second dose of vaccine will be there when the patient shows up, then that is already happening,” he added. “Second-dose management was always about ensuring supply-chain availability.”

...it's more about margin of safety, than two completely different plans. How much additional resources is allocated to it is the unknown factor.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Trump could have purchased a lot more doses but said fuck em I dont need them.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric

the two shot dosage is the recommended treatment as per the manufacturers (Pfizer & Modera) and validated by clinical testing. The policy of holding back enough supply to ensure those getting a first shot will have a second shot available is the Trump administration. For the Pfizer vaccine, the second shot should be administered 21 day after the first, although as early as 17 days after or 25 days after is acceptable. For Modera, the 2nd shot should come 28 days after the first...i don't recall the range for the second shot.

as the below statement from the FDA says having only 1 shot or altering the scheduling of the two shots is not supported by the scientific data gather so far and may result in giving the recipients a false feeling of safety.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...id-19-vaccines
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 01-10-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    This Thread made hoping people don't read the article.
    and just go off the lies the OP made.

As opposed to Trump, Biden isn't making science decisions on his own.

Yeah epic fail, lets go back to Trump's plan of telling people to take Lysol.

Did any GOP here, not believe in science before Trump ordered you not to?
    Then had Fox do the "say it over and over and over" thing so you mental midgets buy it.

Except for you GOP morons keeping the hospitals full and that isn't right for our medical staffs,
    WTF do I care if you take it or not? Please, Don't take it, own the libs, I'll just get mine sooner.
    You should care because if a lot of folks are scared off from taking the vaccine, because the Biden administration is refusing to follow the prescribed method for maximum efficacy of the vaccines, then we will never achieve herd immunity. That means someone could get it and give it to you or your family. That's why you should care. But, you're just a selfish, self righteous liberal, who's whole moral compass was build on much contrived, feel good bullshit. Again, so much for "Follow the science".

Thread Information