Thread: So much for "Follow the Science" - Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

So much for "Follow the Science" - Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses

Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses in break from Trump administration policy of holding back stock for second dose. This move goes against how the FDA approved the use of this vaccine. It will cause many people to skip the second dose.

It will also keep others like myself from getting the Vaccine in the first place. Because, without a guarantee of a second dose within the prescribed time (21 or 28 days depending upon which Vaccine) I will NOT get the Vaccine. I do want to get the Vaccine, but I will only take it the way the data supports maximum efficacy.

Full story here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Gtt?li=BBnb7Kz

Comments

GrenadaRoger:
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 01-09-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Load Metric
    it doesn't matter, they're gonna push lockdowns and vaccines every flu season from here on out, cause so many people just went with it. it was a way for them to test control and we didn't pass the test. this is the new normal

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Horrible idea.

This has fail written all over it.

He hasn't taken office yet and is already making egregious mistakes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quick...media, interview Fauci to see what he thinks

Comments

Tellafriend: Wow

Load Metric
    This has been the opinion of many in the medical community as to how it should have been done from the start according to what my right winger doctor said, and my friend in Charlotte said all the doctors on staff at her hospital think it should have been given this way. Her exact words were they say’”get as many vaccinated and circle back. “

I can’t speak to the science of it, I’m not qualified, but I’m guessing you’ll see this with a very mixed reaction of praise and critique from serious people in both camps.
    Last edited by BCR; 01-09-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    This has been the opinion of many in the medical community as to how it should have been done from the start according to what my right winger doctor said, and my friend in Charlotte said all the doctors on staff at her hospital think it should have been given this way. Her exact words were they say’”get as many vaccinated and circle back. “

I can’t speak to the science of it, I’m not qualified, but I’m guessing you’ll see this with a very mixed reaction of praise and critique from serious people in both camps.
    Not what I’m seeing from the medical people I know. They’re confused AF. No science shows one dose is enough yet a lot of people will be left with exactly that.

Load Metric
    as mentioned above, one dose is 52% effective, two doses are 95%

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ne/ss-BB1bKeJY

also, one should not mix vaccine types...that is, two Pfizers or two Moderna, not one of each.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    This Thread made hoping people don't read the article.
    and just go off the lies the OP made.

As opposed to Trump, Biden isn't making science decisions on his own.

Yeah epic fail, lets go back to Trump's plan of telling people to take Lysol.

Did any GOP here, not believe in science before Trump ordered you not to?
    Then had Fox do the "say it over and over and over" thing so you mental midgets buy it.

Except for you GOP morons keeping the hospitals full and that isn't right for our medical staffs,
    WTF do I care if you take it or not? Please, Don't take it, own the libs, I'll just get mine sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Horrible idea.

This has fail written all over it.

He hasn't taken office yet and is already making egregious mistakes.

Comments

dwai: can't make up how stupid this guy is
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    This Thread made hoping people don't read the article.
    and just go off the lies the OP made.

As opposed to Trump, Biden isn't making science decisions on his own.

Yeah epic fail, lets go back to Trump's plan of telling people to take Lysol.

Did any GOP here, not believe in science before Trump ordered you not to?
    Then had Fox do the "say it over and over and over" thing so you mental midgets buy it.

Except for you GOP morons keeping the hospitals full and that isn't right for our medical staffs,
    WTF do I care if you take it or not? Please, Don't take it, own the libs, I'll just get mine sooner.
    You should care because if a lot of folks are scared off from taking the vaccine, because the Biden administration is refusing to follow the prescribed method for maximum efficacy of the vaccines, then we will never achieve herd immunity. That means someone could get it and give it to you or your family. That's why you should care. But, you're just a selfish, self righteous liberal, who's whole moral compass was build on much contrived, feel good bullshit. Again, so much for "Follow the science".

Load Metric
    THE VACCINE NEITHER STOPS YOU FROM CONTRACTING COVID NOR SPREADING IT.

IT IS NOT A VACCINE

STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is such a stupid knee-jerk reaction. It's not even coming from the usual leftist identity politicking ideology. It's just a dumb overcorrection which is going to make things worse.

There has been a lot of (rightful) bitching that the vaccine hasn't been distributed fast enough. This is mostly the fault of state and local governments, but whatever. The bottom line is that people aren't seeing the vaccine fast enough, and there's starting to be a LOT of pushback about this from both seniors and their middle-aged concerned kids.

Biden's knee-jerk response is, "Uhmmmmm.... I gots an idea!!! We gots tons of these vaccines just sittin' around here! Let's release 'em!! YEAH!! SCIENCE!!!"

That's it. Seriously. He thinks that's a way to compensate for the slower-than-expected distribution thus far, and everyone will be happy.

When asked, "Yeah, but what about the second dose?", we're getting some muttering about, "Uhhhhh... we'll use the Defense Production Act to make more! SOLVED!"

This is totally anti-scientific, and it's gambling with so many things where we shouldn't be gambling.

Is it possible that the second doses will be there on time for everyone? Yes, but it probably won't be, and there's no guarantee it will, nor is there any concrete plan to make it happen.

Is it possible that a delay of the second dose won't harm efficacy? Yes, but that hasn't been studied, and it's possible it WILL harm efficacy.

Is it possible that vaccinating people to 52% effectiveness won't harm public trust in the vaccine? Yes, but it's also possible that it will cause a major decay in public trust, and a lot of people will refuse to take it, when they know tons of people personally who got COVID after taking it.

So rather than taking the idiotic, "Let's just wait and see" approach championed by gimmick (and Joe Biden), how about we actually follow something called science and stick to the method with the fewest potential major points of failure?

Thread Information