Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So much for "Follow the Science" - Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses

Load Metric

So much for "Follow the Science" - Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses

Biden will release nearly all available vaccine doses in break from Trump administration policy of holding back stock for second dose. This move goes against how the FDA approved the use of this vaccine. It will cause many people to skip the second dose.

It will also keep others like myself from getting the Vaccine in the first place. Because, without a guarantee of a second dose within the prescribed time (21 or 28 days depending upon which Vaccine) I will NOT get the Vaccine. I do want to get the Vaccine, but I will only take it the way the data supports maximum efficacy.

Full story here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Gtt?li=BBnb7Kz

Comments

GrenadaRoger:
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 01-09-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Load Metric
    it doesn't matter, they're gonna push lockdowns and vaccines every flu season from here on out, cause so many people just went with it. it was a way for them to test control and we didn't pass the test. this is the new normal

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Horrible idea.

This has fail written all over it.

He hasn't taken office yet and is already making egregious mistakes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quick...media, interview Fauci to see what he thinks

Comments

Tellafriend: Wow

Load Metric
    This has been the opinion of many in the medical community as to how it should have been done from the start according to what my right winger doctor said, and my friend in Charlotte said all the doctors on staff at her hospital think it should have been given this way. Her exact words were they say’”get as many vaccinated and circle back. “

I can’t speak to the science of it, I’m not qualified, but I’m guessing you’ll see this with a very mixed reaction of praise and critique from serious people in both camps.
    Last edited by BCR; 01-09-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    This has been the opinion of many in the medical community as to how it should have been done from the start according to what my right winger doctor said, and my friend in Charlotte said all the doctors on staff at her hospital think it should have been given this way. Her exact words were they say’”get as many vaccinated and circle back. “

I can’t speak to the science of it, I’m not qualified, but I’m guessing you’ll see this with a very mixed reaction of praise and critique from serious people in both camps.
    Not what I’m seeing from the medical people I know. They’re confused AF. No science shows one dose is enough yet a lot of people will be left with exactly that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Not what I’m seeing from the medical people I know. They’re confused AF. No science shows one dose is enough yet a lot of people will be left with exactly that.
    I had a long back and forth with her like a month ago. It was all first dose creates 52% immunity, then second something in 90s, and my questions were along the lines of what is 52% immunity? I didn’t grasp if it meant 52% better antibody ability to fight it off which would result in a much less greater risk of serious illness, or of catching it? She said most on staff, the doctors, felt it should have been a give them out and circle back situation. There was confusion there also. The distribution has been so poor.

When I went to my private doctor, who is certainly a right winger, I know he will approve of this move. He said we should be giving it out right now and said the two weeks aspect wasn’t that important. That the immunity is essentially compounded immunity.

I don’t think this is a political thing, though everything gets politicized. I mean I think there is general disagreement on best approach.

Load Metric
    Oh, no one thought one shot was enough, just that it’s better to get the one dose out and if it took a month, it was better than the way it was being done. Not that one shot cures all. No one felt that.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I had a long back and forth with her like a month ago. It was all first dose creates 52% immunity, then second something in 90s, and my questions were along the lines of what is 52% immunity? I didn’t grasp if it meant 52% better antibody ability to fight it off which would result in a much less greater risk of serious illness, or of catching it? She said most on staff, the doctors, felt it should have been a give them out and circle back situation. There was confusion there also. The distribution has been so poor.

When I went to my private doctor, who is certainly a right winger, I know he will approve of this move. He said we should be giving it out right now and said the two weeks aspect wasn’t that important. That the immunity is essentially compounded immunity.

I don’t think this is a political thing, though everything gets politicized. I mean I think there is general disagreement on best approach.
    I haven’t seen, did Biden come out and explained it? That’s the least that needs to happen. I wonder who Biden is getting his advice from? Fauci behind the scenes? Thing is, I haven’t heard Fauci publicly advise this and I’m assuming Biden will keep Fauci in his current position.

Load Metric

I haven’t seen, did Biden come out and explained it? That’s the least that needs to happen. I wonder who Biden is getting his advice from? Fauci behind the scenes? Thing is, I haven’t heard Fauci publicly advise this and I’m assuming Biden will keep Fauci in his current position.
    I agree it needs better explained. I don’t really have any opinion on this. I didn’t even know this was a thing until 3 weeks or a month ago. That there was disagreement on using them all v the two dose strategy. I know two doses are required, 100% with current one, and no one is arguing against that. Just what best to do with a currently limited supply. The girl at hospital was unsure about putting faith in the supply chain getting up to speed as quickly as hoped. She said the doctors weren’t as concerned. My doctor wasn’t. That’s all anecdotal, I have no idea about if you polled doctors.

Load Metric
    as mentioned above, one dose is 52% effective, two doses are 95%

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ne/ss-BB1bKeJY

also, one should not mix vaccine types...that is, two Pfizers or two Moderna, not one of each.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    so basically OP read a headline on drudge, made a thread about it interpreting it as the worst possible situation, and team retard bruises their fingertips amplifying the mistake.

yeah druff glad you got rid of thomas, he was really dragging this shithole down.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    makes sense for a nation of irresponsible children

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    so basically OP read a headline on drudge, made a thread about it interpreting it as the worst possible situation, and team retard bruises their fingertips amplifying the mistake.

yeah druff glad you got rid of thomas, he was really dragging this shithole down.

WRONG. Actually, the first place I saw it was on CNN (You know that Right Wing Conspiracy Outfit) and later saw a more robust article on msn.com

And, I think it is responsible to question the method of dispensing the vaccine, just like we all did with the current administration. But, these facts don't fit your liberal narrative, so carry on!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

WRONG. Actually, the first place I saw it was on CNN (You know that Right Wing Conspiracy Outfit) and later saw a more robust article on msn.com

And, I think it is responsible to question the method of dispensing the vaccine, just like we all did with the current administration. But, these facts don't fit your liberal narrative, so carry on!
    sonatine is a fat slob idiot, don't mind him, he's paid to shill left wing bullshit here

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This just doesn't make any sense to me.

I kinda understand what they're going for -- Biden thinks it's better to vaccinate more people at 52% effectiveness than fewer at 95%.

But this isn't a math problem. There are other issues at play here. Namely:

1) People who get the 95% effective two-dose version can safely return to normal life with much less concern, which will both boost the economy and their quality of life. The 52% effective version (meaning there's only a 52% chance the vaccine helps you avoid COVID symptoms) means that you've just reduced your chances of getting the disease, but you still need to be very cautious.

2) People WITHOUT the vaccine can simply stay home and reduce risk while waiting for it. For example, I stay out of harm's way with COVID to such a degree that I'm even less likely to get COVID symptoms than someone who takes the 95% effective vaccine! So it's not a matter of, "Whoever has the 95% effective vaccine probably won't get COVID, and those without the vaccine will." People can stay home and be careful if they don't have it yet. So why not give the good two-dose version more slowly, and let everyone else just be careful in the meantime?

3) Public trust in the vaccine will fall apart if it's 52% effective. There will be TONS of stories everywhere of, "X person took the vaccine and got COVID anyway", and you will start hearing about people you actually know experiencing this -- because it will only help about half the people! This will greatly decrease public cooperation in taking the vaccine, because the rewards (52% effectiveness) won't be seen as enough by a lot of people to deal with the risk (new, rushed vaccine).

Seriously. Just do it right.

Load Metric
    the vaccine neither keeps you from being infected from covid nor spreading it to others if you do get infected. it's a bullshit vaccine, it's only making symptoms not as harsh if you didn't get the vaccine.

get this thru your stupid heads, this isn't real, covid isn't real, nobody is dying from this. the sooner we all start rebelling against this bullshit the better, if we don't start soon, it's all over.

Load Metric
    Hopefully he's rushing it because they snuck a dose of Biden Derangement Syndrome vaccine in with the covid shot.

Incredible how many global health experts we have here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Hopefully he's rushing it because they snuck a dose of Biden Derangement Syndrome vaccine in with the covid shot.
    Name:  220px-Jussie_Smollett_2018.png
Views: 350
Size:  104.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Incredible how many global health experts we have here.
    Why is MSN reporting that a lot of respected scientists think this is a big mistake?

I don't recall MSN being on the list of Fake News Right Wing Media.

Thread Information