Thread: Apparently Bart Hanson hates free speech (Parler and Twitter censorship issue)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Apparently Bart Hanson hates free speech (Parler and Twitter censorship issue)

Bart just outright celebrated Parler going down and basically has condoned corporate censorship. I’m saddened and disgusted. Look I may disagree vehemently with people but when you embrace corporate crony censorship it’s a sad day. I might also add if you have any semblance of actual supporting free speech be prepared to give up your Apple products. They apparently are threatening to remove Parler from the App Store and disable any ability to use the app on iPhone or iPad. Again disagree politically but this is not just disgusting it’s fucking scary that the corporate leftists have no muzzle and are declaring they now get to decide what political speech is acceptable and apparently anything that doesn’t follow the leftist political slant will not be tolerated or allowed.

Name:  41793A48-2E46-49C6-AE3B-0EB11E5F3EB3.png
Views: 901
Size:  744.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Bart just outright celebrated Parler going down and basically has condoned corporate censorship. I’m saddened and disgusted. Look I may disagree vehemently with people but when you embrace corporate crony censorship it’s a sad day. I might also add if you have any semblance of actual supporting free speech be prepared to give up your Apple products. They apparently are threatening to remove Parler from the App Store and disable any ability to use the app on iPhone or iPad. Again disagree politically but this is not just disgusting it’s fucking scary that the corporate leftists have no muzzle and are declaring they now get to decide what political speech is acceptable and apparently anything that doesn’t follow the leftist political slant will not be tolerated or allowed.

bart hanson is a huge faggot so no surprise he hates free speech

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think Bart hates free speech.

I think he was just fucking with Ashley, who is a big time Trump supporter.

On a side note, Ashley was on PFA Radio some years ago, and she came off very well. We didn't discuss politics, as the segment was about something else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't think Bart hates free speech.

I think he was just fucking with Ashley, who is a big time Trump supporter.

On a side note, Ashley was on PFA Radio some years ago, and she came off very well. We didn't discuss politics, as the segment was about something else.
    he is a huge liberal stooge faggot, Bart Hanson can suck a huge cock

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Corporations, small business owners and individuals are not your first amendment keepers.
    Take your bad ass nut case conversations down the road. Not everything is a conspiracy, it just appears that way to high school dropouts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Corporations, small business owners and individuals are not your first amendment keepers.
    Take your bad ass nut case conversations down the road. Not everything is a conspiracy, it just appears that way to high school dropouts.
    go drink yourself to death already you fucking drunk Canadian weirdo faggot

Load Metric
    isn't the going down (crashing) caused by increased volume beyond current capacity?

when Trump was banned from Twitter a few hours ago, his followers migrated to Parler, just as they migrated to NewsMax from Fox

i believe Hanson's celebration will be short lived provided Parler has the financing to expand
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually, some of them are.

This was decided before most of us were born, regarding the "Fairness Doctrine" on radio and TV stations. This was eventually abandoned when it became antiquated, but the concept has been long established.

If a business becomes a major source of news and information for the public, the rules can be different than for others private businesses.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This was decided before most of us were born, regarding the "Fairness Doctrine" on radio and TV stations. This was eventually abandoned when it became antiquated, but the concept has been long established.

If a business becomes a major source of news and information for the public, the rules can be different than for others private businesses.
    Social media platforms are not FCC licensed broadcasters as is the case with this forum. Please illustrate instances referred to in your last sentence.

Load Metric

Broadcasters use the RF spectrum which by law belongs to the people, and require licenses to operate. They are subject to regulation from the FCC. This is why they were able to implement the Fairness Doctrine.

At the present time social media are not regulated in the same way. That doesn't mean they can't be. If you want to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine, and apply it to Big Tech as well, that's not necessarily a bad idea if it holds up in court. An equivalent of the Fairness Doctrine that applied to newspapers was struck down by the court because newspapers do not use up a finite resource (RF spectrum), do not require licenses to operate, and are open to theoretically limitless competition. So you would expect a similar challenge from Big Tech.

Generally it was conservatives who were opposed to the Fairness Doctrine. It was Reagan's FCC that abolished it. The Democrats considered bringing it back about a decade ago, but Republicans opposed it because they saw it as an attack on right-wing talk radio. Would you like to see the Fairness Doctrine applied to Fox News?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Thank you for doing this important work to expose Druff’s lazy propaganda.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Twitter is not free speech, it is a publicly traded company with TOS. And Parler is just a fucking mess.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You guys are a bunch of cucks if you think I’m a liberal. Go back to mindlessly supporting Ted Cruz, Matt Gaetz and believing the election was stolen. I have respect for Druff because at least he can acknowledge reality, actually believe what he says and doesn’t just regurgitate some Q nonsense. I’m talking to you @Dwai

Comments

dwai: stupid n-word lover

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    I’m talking to you @Dwai
    Shit, I thought you read this board, Bart. Dwai's 100% pure troll.

Plenty of terrible people on here, but dwai's not a serious account to react to, he's one to ignore.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Well, at least Amazon didn't drop Parler from its web hosting service yet, so that should be a good sign, right?

Load Metric
    Fuck Bart Hansen

DWAI IS GOD MFER

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    You guys are a bunch of cucks if you think I’m a liberal. Go back to mindlessly supporting Ted Cruz, Matt Gaetz and believing the election was stolen. I have respect for Druff because at least he can acknowledge reality, actually believe what he says and doesn’t just regurgitate some Q nonsense. I’m talking to you @Dwai
    go suck more little boy cock you little dweeb, go post more bullshit on Twitter you huge faggot, go play more poker or something you racist piece of shit

Thread Information