Thread: Is anyone thinking its time to pull all your money out of the stock market?

Load Metric

Is anyone thinking its time to pull all your money out of the stock market?

Things are a little ridiculous right? I mean Elon Musk is now the richest guy in the world, Bitcoin is $40,000, and we are inaugurating a 80 year senile man to President. Oh, we are going to spend another $2 Trillion in stimulus payments in a few months, most of the recipients don't even need the payments. I am just thinking going to go to cash and watch for a while. Tine any advice?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Things are a little ridiculous right? I mean Elon Musk is now the richest guy in the world, Bitcoin is $40,000, and we are inaugurating a 80 year senile man to President. Oh, we are going to spend another $2 Trillion in stimulus payments in a few months, most of the recipients don't even need the payments. I am just thinking going to go to cash and watch for a while. Tine any advice?
    I said the same thing 6 weeks ago.

Market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

Load Metric
    or.. OR... slam spy puts like an absolute space gladiator.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    1. Trying to time the market is a fool's errand. You WILL come out worse off than you would have been if you had invested with a proper long-term strategy. Even if you kinda sorta time it right and make a profit, you'll still be behind where you would have been if you had invested properly.

2. The markets have done very well under the last few Democratic administrations. Biden undoing the damage that Trump did to the world order should make that true again.

3. Although COVID is still a huge drag on the economy, vaccines are rolling out and the getting back to normal phase should be good for the markets.

4. The markets are increasingly decoupled from the economy of "everyone else."

FTR the S&P 500 closed at 3,824.68 today. If anyone pulls out and sits on their cash, let us know so we can see how you've done periodically, making 0.01% interest. The comparison will be to the total return of the S&P 500 index funds, including reinvestment of dividends.

Comments

sonatine: too smart by half etc

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

$4 Trillion stimulus next month.

Invest in Gold and Bitcoin.

Stocks will eventually crash at some point this year.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Perhaps now is the time Druff should start his own cryptocoin.

The altcoin bull run is in full swing.

I mean, if all of these other coins can make headway, why can't PFAcoin or Druffcoin?

Comments

shoeshine box: Joke or not ,I would buy some.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Perhaps now is the time Druff should start his own cryptocoin.

The altcoin bull run is in full swing.

I mean, if all of these other coins can make headway, why can't PFAcoin or Druffcoin?
    Would you buy ABUPcoin? I hear it's run by a couple of stand-up guys.

Load Metric
    I will explain exactly what is going on as far as I can tell, and its indicative by the general change in Wall St. opinion toward Bitcoin actually.

The 'smart' money, or Wall St. money, and Funds are actually starting to buy/aquire Bitcoin. Why, well the General assumtipion is that we have printed so much money, and are about to again here, that we wil have to pay for it one way or another. Which usually comes in high inflation, if not an all out recession. Its coming, and Wall St and the "smart' money are already moving there Assets/Money to more recession or inflation proof areas, which actually Bitcoin seems to be very much that. Bitcoin is thought to be a great hedge against inflation. That is why Wall St is now buying in, to hedge against an expected incoming inflationary period.... People are moving away from the lol "Gold" they historically always loved, and are warming up to this new Assett Class well just call (Crypto). So 100% as we speak just watch how Wall St is acting, and what they are doing and its all indicative of a coming and looming recessionary period, or just raising and high interest rates are coming, Inflation.

Wall St is telling us that story, by their actions actually. This isnt just some opinion I have, no ive formed this opinion and believe it to be fact based on what Wall St. is actually begining to do now. And buying Btc (Price surge) is clearly a part of what's happening right now. Raising price and creating a shortage in supply currently, and a sky rocketing price. And imo this is the new normal price 40k+ and Bitcoin may have just gotten now, to a price point where some people cant participate, or would want to because Bitcoin is getting to a price point now, that literally eliminates some from even being able to use/own it actually. Its getting very very expensive now, very expensive to own Bitcoin.

This is FOMO buying actually, in case you dont know what FOMO is it means "Fear Of Missing Out" and thats why Wall St all of a sudden is crushing the Bitcoin Demand, because they fear they have missed out. Denying Bitcoins viability and usefulness, and now I think even the smartest of smart are taking a different view of Bitcoin now for sure. This is FOMO buying atm, causing this massive rise in price, and it isn't going away. I think Bitcoin is now to a price point for most, its too expensive to own any now for most. Or they wouldn't want to take this risk, in their eyes maybe....
    Last edited by garrett; 01-09-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Load Metric
    Yep cuz the libs are gonna run the economy into the ground giving out free shit.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Yep cuz the libs are gonna run the economy into the ground giving out free shit.
    You have no idea how a modern economy works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

You have no idea how a modern economy works.

My parents are the same way actually, older Republicans (Baby Boomers). They generally always had enough, and lived well off in ways. And they just think bc Biden is a Democrat it means, the Stock Market, Pensions, there house value is all going way down now. And myself, when I really put that into some perspective, I sorta feel that has an element of 'Cognitive Bias' in it. Like maybe they just think that way, bc they are actually engrained in that Republican way, and they get by, and prefer 'Smaller Govt' etc etc. So its weird I wonder how much actual, "Validity' some of this fear mongering, or dislike actually has.

I wish we could, Fast-Forward say 4-8 years and see how things all turn out in regard to the dislike.

Load Metric
    Put on a muumuu, your ignorance is showing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    1. Trying to time the market is a fool's errand. You WILL come out worse off than you would have been if you had invested with a proper long-term strategy. Even if you kinda sorta time it right and make a profit, you'll still be behind where you would have been if you had invested properly.

2. The markets have done very well under the last few Democratic administrations. Biden undoing the damage that Trump did to the world order should make that true again.

3. Although COVID is still a huge drag on the economy, vaccines are rolling out and the getting back to normal phase should be good for the markets.

FTR the S&P 500 closed at 3,824.68 today. If anyone pulls out and sits on their cash, let us know so we can see how you've done periodically, making 0.01% interest. The comparison will be to the total return of the S&P 500 index funds, including reinvestment of dividends.
    The markets also did great under Trump, even in a pandemic. Your statement is just partisan rancor. The markets will probably take a shit under Biden for the simple reason they are due to take a shit.

I am not looking to make money by going to cash, obviously that is retarded. It's more preserving what I have because this whole thing looks to be a pyramid scam. Giving people checks is like dumping sand in the ocean. The Dems really don't give a shit about the long term health of the economy, it's all about getting re-elected. Problem is Republicans don't give a shit either.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

You are going to be surprised at how many Trump's policies are NOT CHANGED by Biden.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    I lost about 30k from March to June in 2020 in my 403. I set mine up when I was younger at 24 when I started working at this place and most of my monies are in equities (80%). Around the start of July to the start of the new year I gained back my 30k I lost and gained about 8% in total returns on my entire portfolio. My question is, should I keep it the same or switch my monies to bonds or something to avoid the huge dip again?

I mean my mom has the same retirement management company and she lost like 200k which is about the same amount percentage wise as me but she hasn’t gained it back.

Comments

sonatine: gecmis olsun

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I will explain exactly what is going on as far as I can tell, and its indicative by the general change in Wall St. opinion toward Bitcoin actually.

The 'smart' money, or Wall St. money, and Funds are actually starting to buy/aquire Bitcoin. Why, well the General assumtipion is that we have printed so much money, and are about to again here, that we wil have to pay for it one way or another. Which usually comes in high inflation, if not an all out recession. Its coming, and Wall St and the "smart' money are already moving there Assets/Money to more recession or inflation proof areas, which actually Bitcoin seems to be very much that. Bitcoin is thought to be a great hedge against inflation. That is why Wall St is now buying in, to hedge against an expected incoming inflationary period.... People are moving away from the lol "Gold" they historically always loved, and are warming up to this new Assett Class well just call (Crypto). So 100% as we speak just watch how Wall St is acting, and what they are doing and its all indicative of a coming and looming recessionary period, or just raising and high interest rates are coming, Inflation.

Wall St is telling us that story, by their actions actually. This isnt just some opinion I have, no ive formed this opinion and believe it to be fact based on what Wall St. is actually begining to do now. And buying Btc (Price surge) is clearly a part of what's happening right now. Raising price and creating a shortage in supply currently, and a sky rocketing price. And imo this is the new normal price 40k+ and Bitcoin may have just gotten now, to a price point where some people cant participate, or would want to because Bitcoin is getting to a price point now, that literally eliminates some from even being able to use/own it actually. Its getting very very expensive now, very expensive to own Bitcoin.

This is FOMO buying actually, in case you dont know what FOMO is it means "Fear Of Missing Out" and thats why Wall St all of a sudden is crushing the Bitcoin Demand, because they fear they have missed out. Denying Bitcoins viability and usefulness, and now I think even the smartest of smart are taking a different view of Bitcoin now for sure. This is FOMO buying atm, causing this massive rise in price, and it isn't going away. I think Bitcoin is now to a price point for most, its too expensive to own any now for most. Or they wouldn't want to take this risk, in their eyes maybe....

im sure its just a misunderstanding.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    End trade war = stocks up

Tax rich at a higher rate than dividends = stocks up

Ship out stimulus = stocks up

Corporate Tax high?....just spend on R&D or buy shares back = stocks up

Green new deal and screwing the oil business = stocks down

Thread Information