Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Results 641 to 658 of 658

Thread: Electoral College Joint-Session Shitshow

  1. #641
    Bronze David USF's Avatar
    Reputation
    50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Covina, CA
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well well well

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1349865672550080512

    Click on the thread to read the whole thing.
    DEBUNKED

    http://https://www.snopes.com/fact-c...p-mob-capitol/

    "Some right wing figures pointed to John Sullivan, an accused agent provocateur who filmed the death of Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and Trump supporter who was shot by police when she tried to break through a barricaded door as rioters broke into the building. Sullivan was arrested in Utah on Jan. 14, 2021, on charges related to the riot.

    For example, right wing junk site Gateway Pundit’s headline reported, “BREAKING: FBI Arrests Antifa Leader John Sullivan in Utah After Storming US Capitol …Update: With FBI Affidavit.” The story was tweeted by “Happy Days” actor and Trump supporter Scott Baio. The unfounded claim has even been embraced by some members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Alabama, who has come under fire for an incendiary speech at a rally that preceded the mob attack on the Capitol.

    But Sullivan, a Utah resident, isn’t an “antifa leader,” and the idea that he’s part of the Black Lives Matter movement was rejected by the local chapter in his home state, as The Intercept’s Robert Mackey noted in a detailed analysis:

    “In fact, Sullivan is a curious figure who is treated with suspicion or outright hostility by a number of left-wing organizers associated with Black Lives Matter and antifascism in Utah, California and the Pacific Northwest.”

    Mackey went on to report that left wing activists in various cities have warned against associating with Sullivan, accusing him of harmful actions and exploiting protests movements for personal gain.

    The FBI said during a Jan. 8, 2021, news conference that there was “no indication” that anyone from the antifa movement was involved in the attack. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a California Republican who has been an outspoken Trump supporter, bluntly rejected the claim that the riot was instigated by left wing activists, stating, “Some say the riots were caused by antifa. There is absolutely no evidence of that. And conservatives should be the first to say so.”

  2. #642
    Bronze David USF's Avatar
    Reputation
    50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Covina, CA
    Posts
    277
    https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/...ashli-babbitt/

    "Despite the skepticism about him on the left, the far-right hysteria over Sullivan reached such a fever pitch that when I called him to talk about it on Friday night, our interview was interrupted by a woman who came up to him on the street in Washington and asked him, again and again, “Are you BLM? Are you Black Lives Matter? John, will you just answer, are you with Black Lives Matter?”

    As he walked away from the woman, I asked how he answers that question. Sullivan confirmed Lex Scott’s statement that he is not a member or a supporter of Black Lives Matter and told me he had formed his own group, Insurgence USA, to work for similar goals, like an end to police brutality and racial discrimination. Asked about his politics, he said, “It’s neither right nor left; it’s completely neutral, in the middle. I’ve never voted in my life nor will I probably ever.”

    That echoed comments Sullivan made in October, two weeks before the election, when he told a handful of viewers following his hourlong YouTube monologue on the possibility of an imminent civil war that he was not interested in “picking sides on right or left,” and even believed that “voting for Trump does not make you racist.”

  3. #643

  4. #644
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5855
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,967
    Blog Entries
    2
    Whoops.

    I guess it was a hoax. Usually don't fall for these, but I quickly shared it for amusement without fact checking it, because the person who sent it to me usually doesn't fall for shit like this either.

    Well played.

  5. #645
    I just googled it wondering how that was possible? Was looking for an image.

    I assumed it was real, i wasn’t playing gotcha, I just thought how did they do that as they usually are red white and blue when I’ve seen other Congress people wear them.

  6. #646
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5855
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,967
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well well well

    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1349865672550080512

    Click on the thread to read the whole thing.
    DEBUNKED

    http://https://www.snopes.com/fact-c...p-mob-capitol/

    "Some right wing figures pointed to John Sullivan, an accused agent provocateur who filmed the death of Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and Trump supporter who was shot by police when she tried to break through a barricaded door as rioters broke into the building. Sullivan was arrested in Utah on Jan. 14, 2021, on charges related to the riot.

    For example, right wing junk site Gateway Pundit’s headline reported, “BREAKING: FBI Arrests Antifa Leader John Sullivan in Utah After Storming US Capitol …Update: With FBI Affidavit.” The story was tweeted by “Happy Days” actor and Trump supporter Scott Baio. The unfounded claim has even been embraced by some members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Alabama, who has come under fire for an incendiary speech at a rally that preceded the mob attack on the Capitol.

    But Sullivan, a Utah resident, isn’t an “antifa leader,” and the idea that he’s part of the Black Lives Matter movement was rejected by the local chapter in his home state, as The Intercept’s Robert Mackey noted in a detailed analysis:

    “In fact, Sullivan is a curious figure who is treated with suspicion or outright hostility by a number of left-wing organizers associated with Black Lives Matter and antifascism in Utah, California and the Pacific Northwest.”

    Mackey went on to report that left wing activists in various cities have warned against associating with Sullivan, accusing him of harmful actions and exploiting protests movements for personal gain.

    The FBI said during a Jan. 8, 2021, news conference that there was “no indication” that anyone from the antifa movement was involved in the attack. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a California Republican who has been an outspoken Trump supporter, bluntly rejected the claim that the riot was instigated by left wing activists, stating, “Some say the riots were caused by antifa. There is absolutely no evidence of that. And conservatives should be the first to say so.”
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/...ashli-babbitt/

    "Despite the skepticism about him on the left, the far-right hysteria over Sullivan reached such a fever pitch that when I called him to talk about it on Friday night, our interview was interrupted by a woman who came up to him on the street in Washington and asked him, again and again, “Are you BLM? Are you Black Lives Matter? John, will you just answer, are you with Black Lives Matter?”

    As he walked away from the woman, I asked how he answers that question. Sullivan confirmed Lex Scott’s statement that he is not a member or a supporter of Black Lives Matter and told me he had formed his own group, Insurgence USA, to work for similar goals, like an end to police brutality and racial discrimination. Asked about his politics, he said, “It’s neither right nor left; it’s completely neutral, in the middle. I’ve never voted in my life nor will I probably ever.”

    That echoed comments Sullivan made in October, two weeks before the election, when he told a handful of viewers following his hourlong YouTube monologue on the possibility of an imminent civil war that he was not interested in “picking sides on right or left,” and even believed that “voting for Trump does not make you racist.”


    David, The Intercept is a highly left-biased site, as is Snopes.

    Snopes often gets undeserved credit for neutrality and accuracy because they do a great job debunking apolitical internet hoaxes. However, they have an extreme left bias when it comes to political fact checking. They have repeatedly refused requests for transparency in their fact-checking process, and have failed to point to a single Republican fact-checker on staff.

    Honestly you can't trust either of these sites to fact check, just as you can't trust right wing sites to do it, either.

    With that said, a lot of this looks like semantics. Whether Sullivan is officially affiliated with BLM is inconsequential. For example, if you go down to a BLM protest in support of what they're protesting, and then burn down a building, you're a BLM rioter. It doesn't matter if BLM doesn't officially have you on the roster.

    I'm willing to have an open mind about Sullivan. Perhaps he's apolitical and simply exploiting the causes of BLM and Antifa for attention, while not having any real support for their ideology. However, he's definitely not a Trumper, and definitely was there to cause trouble. Additionally, there were other left-wing figures identified there, not just John.

    However, I am also not going to say this was an Antifa frame job. I don't believe it was. I think most of the people rioting that day were on the right, but it seems likely at this point that some Antifa types were also there to egg things on further.

  7. #647
    Bronze David USF's Avatar
    Reputation
    50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Covina, CA
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    He was radicalized in the summer.

    Kicked out of Utah BLM circles in July.

    "After John Sullivan was let out on bail, his brother, James, said he was contacted by members of the Salt Lake City chapter of BLM beseeching him for help in driving John out of their community.

    “That actually was a weird phone call,” James recalled. “They reached out to me, and they said, ‘Hey, this is what John’s doing. We’re trying to get this stuff done and he’s getting people hurt and arrested. You know, and they don’t need to be arrested. These are good people that are going to prison because John would incite violence.'”"

    Moved to Portland and was ousted in November.

    "On November 23, 2020, Portland anti-fascist activists issued an online “anonymous tip” about John Sullivan, demanding he be “locked out” of their circles. “While it’s easier, and generally more fair, to believe he is a naive narcissist, clout chaser and inept organizer, it might not be an accurate analysis. A narc for the feds might not be an accurate assessment either. It’s more likely that John is an agent provocateur, putting activist communities in danger.”

    https://www.opindia.com/2021/01/john...mp-antifa-blm/

    https://thegrayzone.com/2021/01/12/c...-lives-matter/

    But yea it was totally Anteeeefa/BLM, that don't want to have anything to do with him.

    Really can't go wrong with milkshake Andy for your source of "investigative" "journalism".

  8. #648
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    858
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    6,335
    Sure it wasn't a booger he was saving for later?
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

    DEBUNKED

    http://https://www.snopes.com/fact-c...p-mob-capitol/

    "Some right wing figures pointed to John Sullivan, an accused agent provocateur who filmed the death of Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and Trump supporter who was shot by police when she tried to break through a barricaded door as rioters broke into the building. Sullivan was arrested in Utah on Jan. 14, 2021, on charges related to the riot.

    For example, right wing junk site Gateway Pundit’s headline reported, “BREAKING: FBI Arrests Antifa Leader John Sullivan in Utah After Storming US Capitol …Update: With FBI Affidavit.” The story was tweeted by “Happy Days” actor and Trump supporter Scott Baio. The unfounded claim has even been embraced by some members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Alabama, who has come under fire for an incendiary speech at a rally that preceded the mob attack on the Capitol.

    But Sullivan, a Utah resident, isn’t an “antifa leader,” and the idea that he’s part of the Black Lives Matter movement was rejected by the local chapter in his home state, as The Intercept’s Robert Mackey noted in a detailed analysis:

    “In fact, Sullivan is a curious figure who is treated with suspicion or outright hostility by a number of left-wing organizers associated with Black Lives Matter and antifascism in Utah, California and the Pacific Northwest.”

    Mackey went on to report that left wing activists in various cities have warned against associating with Sullivan, accusing him of harmful actions and exploiting protests movements for personal gain.

    The FBI said during a Jan. 8, 2021, news conference that there was “no indication” that anyone from the antifa movement was involved in the attack. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a California Republican who has been an outspoken Trump supporter, bluntly rejected the claim that the riot was instigated by left wing activists, stating, “Some say the riots were caused by antifa. There is absolutely no evidence of that. And conservatives should be the first to say so.”
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/...ashli-babbitt/

    "Despite the skepticism about him on the left, the far-right hysteria over Sullivan reached such a fever pitch that when I called him to talk about it on Friday night, our interview was interrupted by a woman who came up to him on the street in Washington and asked him, again and again, “Are you BLM? Are you Black Lives Matter? John, will you just answer, are you with Black Lives Matter?”

    As he walked away from the woman, I asked how he answers that question. Sullivan confirmed Lex Scott’s statement that he is not a member or a supporter of Black Lives Matter and told me he had formed his own group, Insurgence USA, to work for similar goals, like an end to police brutality and racial discrimination. Asked about his politics, he said, “It’s neither right nor left; it’s completely neutral, in the middle. I’ve never voted in my life nor will I probably ever.”

    That echoed comments Sullivan made in October, two weeks before the election, when he told a handful of viewers following his hourlong YouTube monologue on the possibility of an imminent civil war that he was not interested in “picking sides on right or left,” and even believed that “voting for Trump does not make you racist.”


    David, The Intercept is a highly left-biased site, as is Snopes.

    Snopes often gets undeserved credit for neutrality and accuracy because they do a great job debunking apolitical internet hoaxes. However, they have an extreme left bias when it comes to political fact checking. They have repeatedly refused requests for transparency in their fact-checking process, and have failed to point to a single Republican fact-checker on staff.

    Honestly you can't trust either of these sites to fact check, just as you can't trust right wing sites to do it, either.

    With that said, a lot of this looks like semantics. Whether Sullivan is officially affiliated with BLM is inconsequential. For example, if you go down to a BLM protest in support of what they're protesting, and then burn down a building, you're a BLM rioter. It doesn't matter if BLM doesn't officially have you on the roster.

    I'm willing to have an open mind about Sullivan. Perhaps he's apolitical and simply exploiting the causes of BLM and Antifa for attention, while not having any real support for their ideology. However, he's definitely not a Trumper, and definitely was there to cause trouble. Additionally, there were other left-wing figures identified there, not just John.

    However, I am also not going to say this was an Antifa frame job. I don't believe it was. I think most of the people rioting that day were on the right, but it seems likely at this point that some Antifa types were also there to egg things on further.
    It is very possible that there were some leftist agent provocateurs, just as there were right wing agent provocateurs at BLM protests/riots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Whoops.

    I guess it was a hoax. Usually don't fall for these, but I quickly shared it for amusement without fact checking it, because the person who sent it to me usually doesn't fall for shit like this either.

    Well played.
    looks like they hit their target audience of retards

  11. #651
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5855
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,967
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I just googled it wondering how that was possible? Was looking for an image.

    I assumed it was real, i wasn’t playing gotcha, I just thought how did they do that as they usually are red white and blue when I’ve seen other Congress people wear them.
    Oh I didn't think you were playing gotcha. I'm glad you pointed it out. I don't like spreading BS.

  12. #652
    Platinum splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    586
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    3,031
    Tine does it a lot but since he is a lib, it’s cool. If desertrunner was a lib, he’d be cool too. Lolz.
    People that sit in their recliner all day think walking is a disease.

  13. #653
    If you want to see how phony this John Sullivan bitch is then watch this short video. He actually portrays himself as just an observer at the capitol.

    Libtard Dunce of the Week: Nightmarefraud the Dem Lackey

  14. #654
    Platinum duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    644
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

    DEBUNKED

    http://https://www.snopes.com/fact-c...p-mob-capitol/

    "Some right wing figures pointed to John Sullivan, an accused agent provocateur who filmed the death of Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and Trump supporter who was shot by police when she tried to break through a barricaded door as rioters broke into the building. Sullivan was arrested in Utah on Jan. 14, 2021, on charges related to the riot.

    For example, right wing junk site Gateway Pundit’s headline reported, “BREAKING: FBI Arrests Antifa Leader John Sullivan in Utah After Storming US Capitol …Update: With FBI Affidavit.” The story was tweeted by “Happy Days” actor and Trump supporter Scott Baio. The unfounded claim has even been embraced by some members of Congress, including U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Alabama, who has come under fire for an incendiary speech at a rally that preceded the mob attack on the Capitol.

    But Sullivan, a Utah resident, isn’t an “antifa leader,” and the idea that he’s part of the Black Lives Matter movement was rejected by the local chapter in his home state, as The Intercept’s Robert Mackey noted in a detailed analysis:

    “In fact, Sullivan is a curious figure who is treated with suspicion or outright hostility by a number of left-wing organizers associated with Black Lives Matter and antifascism in Utah, California and the Pacific Northwest.”

    Mackey went on to report that left wing activists in various cities have warned against associating with Sullivan, accusing him of harmful actions and exploiting protests movements for personal gain.

    The FBI said during a Jan. 8, 2021, news conference that there was “no indication” that anyone from the antifa movement was involved in the attack. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a California Republican who has been an outspoken Trump supporter, bluntly rejected the claim that the riot was instigated by left wing activists, stating, “Some say the riots were caused by antifa. There is absolutely no evidence of that. And conservatives should be the first to say so.”
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/...ashli-babbitt/

    "Despite the skepticism about him on the left, the far-right hysteria over Sullivan reached such a fever pitch that when I called him to talk about it on Friday night, our interview was interrupted by a woman who came up to him on the street in Washington and asked him, again and again, “Are you BLM? Are you Black Lives Matter? John, will you just answer, are you with Black Lives Matter?”

    As he walked away from the woman, I asked how he answers that question. Sullivan confirmed Lex Scott’s statement that he is not a member or a supporter of Black Lives Matter and told me he had formed his own group, Insurgence USA, to work for similar goals, like an end to police brutality and racial discrimination. Asked about his politics, he said, “It’s neither right nor left; it’s completely neutral, in the middle. I’ve never voted in my life nor will I probably ever.”

    That echoed comments Sullivan made in October, two weeks before the election, when he told a handful of viewers following his hourlong YouTube monologue on the possibility of an imminent civil war that he was not interested in “picking sides on right or left,” and even believed that “voting for Trump does not make you racist.”


    David, The Intercept is a highly left-biased site, as is Snopes.

    Snopes often gets undeserved credit for neutrality and accuracy because they do a great job debunking apolitical internet hoaxes. However, they have an extreme left bias when it comes to political fact checking. They have repeatedly refused requests for transparency in their fact-checking process, and have failed to point to a single Republican fact-checker on staff.

    Honestly you can't trust either of these sites to fact check, just as you can't trust right wing sites to do it, either.

    With that said, a lot of this looks like semantics. Whether Sullivan is officially affiliated with BLM is inconsequential. For example, if you go down to a BLM protest in support of what they're protesting, and then burn down a building, you're a BLM rioter. It doesn't matter if BLM doesn't officially have you on the roster.

    I'm willing to have an open mind about Sullivan. Perhaps he's apolitical and simply exploiting the causes of BLM and Antifa for attention, while not having any real support for their ideology. However, he's definitely not a Trumper, and definitely was there to cause trouble. Additionally, there were other left-wing figures identified there, not just John.

    However, I am also not going to say this was an Antifa frame job. I don't believe it was. I think most of the people rioting that day were on the right, but it seems likely at this point that some Antifa types were also there to egg things on further.
    Seems like the guy just enjoys a good riot.

  15. #655

  16. #656

  17. #657
    Post Restricted limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1326
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    13,256


    An AP review of records finds that veterans of Donald Trump’s failed campaign were key players in the rally that spawned a deadly assault on the U.S. Capitol. The findings undercut claims that the event was the brainchild of Trump's grassroots supporters. A pro-Trump nonprofit group called Women for America First hosted the “Save America Rally.” Paperwork filed to get an event permit from the National Park Service lists more than half a dozen people who just weeks earlier had been paid thousands of dollars by Trump’s campaign. Since the siege, several of them have scrambled to distance themselves from the rally, Richard Lardner and Michelle R. Smith report.

    I don't know if this is that new but this seems the work of a mad man, described as true psychopath,
    psychopathing



     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: 100%
    call out ignorance at every opportunity

    Have a good day
    Never Forget

  18. #658
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2012
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8,275
    This is a OG thread. Major event. This one should stay and anything Electorial college and subsequent riot should be moved in here

     
    Comments
      
      Walter Sobchak: Cleaning shit up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Caesars Rewards / Total Rewards Q&A Session
    By Dan Druff in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-07-2020, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-21-2020, 12:05 PM
  3. With regards to the best burger joint
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-19-2018, 09:08 AM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 04:52 AM