Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD ***

Banned
    Load Metric
    Not sure if I would say you guys don't know what you're missing out on in TN, you have caves and sulfur freeways as the hot spots, I mean cruising down 75 you have some shit states like ohio and GA so I guess TN isn't god awful. The Smokey Mountains are cool too, kind of have you on edge driving through at 3am.

Load Metric
    I think our economic system is in the midst of failing. Not simply some kind of correction, but full out failure. I have a family and I am trying to prepare for this failure. The main way is to live simply and not take on ANY debt whatsoever for any reason. Stay flexible. Stay mobile. Also don't have a clue what to do with cash thinking pretty much every investment is going to tank. Probably going with rental property. But that is contrary to stay flexible, stay mobile. Oh ya, also, work sucks! And at some point world population is going to peak - don't you think?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

thats a fun random thought idea, I've never been to : Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont
    hawaii, alaska, north dakota, south dakota, louisiana, maine, vermont, connecticut, massachusetts, new hampshire, rhode island, kansas, nebraska, wisconsin, utah, montana, washington, oregon, california, new mexico, arizona, and iowa.

you guys don't know what you're missing out on in tennessee. easily one of the best states.

i will probably never go to, out of those listed:

north dakota, south dakota, new hampshire, kansas, nebraska, iowa, utah, and montana. just nothing there interests me.

actually scratch iowa. i want to go eat a deep fried stick of butter.
    No California?!

WTF

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

hawaii, alaska, north dakota, south dakota, louisiana, maine, vermont, connecticut, massachusetts, new hampshire, rhode island, kansas, nebraska, wisconsin, utah, montana, washington, oregon, california, new mexico, arizona, and iowa.

you guys don't know what you're missing out on in tennessee. easily one of the best states.

i will probably never go to, out of those listed:

north dakota, south dakota, new hampshire, kansas, nebraska, iowa, utah, and montana. just nothing there interests me.

actually scratch iowa. i want to go eat a deep fried stick of butter.
    No California?!

WTF
    there's not much in california that i'm interested in seeing. the whole hollywood and that type stuff just aren't my thing. if i end up in california it will probably either be because of work or to go along with friends that are going.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have an odd fascination with "sensible malapropisms". Emphasis on sensible. If you say things like "for all intensive purposes", that's just retarded. But sometimes they kind of make sense, and it's understandable how you might make the mistake. Even better is when they have almost the same literal meaning using different (but similar sounding) words.

For example, to idolize something undeserving is to place it on a pedestal, because that's what you put statues on. Putting something on a "pedal stool" (I've seen you make this one, Druff) is kind of silly, but that's still raising it on a higher platform. A mistake, but a perfectly sensible one.

When something is fixed firmly in place, such as a belief, it is deep seated. That's the original phrase, and its meaning is very specific. A lot of people say deep seeded, which kind of means the same thing in a metaphorical sense. It was many years before I realized I was getting this wrong, but in my defense, it's totally sensible.

Escape goat - If you fuck up and get into trouble, just blame the escape goat and ride it to safety!

Mute point - Kind of a reach, but somewhat sensible. If a point is no longer worth debating, I suppose you could say it's silent.

I've thought about writing these down when I see new ones, maybe putting them on a website, but I sort doubt anyone else would give a shit.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 08-23-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Some things I would have done differently if I had poker to do all over again, from the time I started playing in early 2001:

- I would have game-selected better. I would have wasted less time playing in marginal games, and only sat down in games where I was sure I was very +EV.

- I would have stayed away from live games of 300-600 and above and online games of 200-400 and above unless they were especially good.

- I would have started an online poker affiliate website, back when it was easy to make a lot of money doing that.

- I would have demanded a substantial piece of ownership of NWP once I had taken a leadership-type role over there, and walked and started my own site if they wouldn't give it to me.

- I would have stayed away from UB, instead of quietly telling my friends, "There's something not right at that place" when I was always losing there.

- I would have played more NL tournaments before everyone started getting good at them.

- I would have been more diligent about finding EVERY soft site in the pre-UIGEA days, and not just become complacent with the ones I knew about. I did this well at times, but other times I let goldmine sites slip by without ever signing up.

- I wouldn't have tried to act wacky for the ESPN cameras in 2005, but rather just quietly played my game.

- I would have realized that forums have a certain percentage of unbalanced freaks, and would have found it less important to get in the last word, and just ignored people when they were getting too obsessive.

- I would have made some good instructional videos before the Cardrunners and Deucescracked days, and capitalized on my bracelet win to earn some nice extra cash.
    Could be side side effect from:

Name:  nyquil.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  26.3 KB

...but still an interesting thread topic.

Here's my beef.

All my life I've chased beautiful women. I've been intoxicated by their beauty, their perfume, their coyness, their 'I know you want me but...'.

However, even with all the conquests I've had, what did all that flirtatious 'can't have me' behavior amount to?

I'll tell you.

She strips naked, I want her but what do I really want?

Her pussy.

Yes, that's right, it often comes down to a hairy snatch that, when you position your nose right in front of it, doesn't smell all that sweet.

Mother Nature is cruel.

It's all a charade.

P.S. I'm old school. I've been to all states except Alaska and Hawaii.
    Last edited by SixToedPete; 08-23-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    When I was a child I thought a Doubled Egg was a Hors d'oeuvre, among other departures.

Banned
    Load Metric
    THE GREAT DEBATE

Name:  perrierrrrr1.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  66.6 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    THE GREAT DEBATE

Yes, both countries, France and Italy, considered going to war over who produced the better water BUT calmer heads prevailed when both European nations realized no war has ever been won with an army fighting in retreat.

Load Metric
    THE GREAT DEBATE

san pellegrino's limonata is about the greatest non-alcoholic beverage ever, so they win.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I have an odd fascination with "sensible malapropisms". Emphasis on sensible. If you say things like "for all intensive purposes", that's just retarded. But sometimes they kind of make sense, and it's understandable how you might make the mistake. Even better is when they have almost the same literal meaning using different (but similar sounding) words.

For example, to idolize something undeserving is to place it on a pedestal, because that's what you put statues on. Putting something on a "pedal stool" (I've seen you make this one, Druff) is kind of silly, but that's still raising it on a higher platform. A mistake, but a perfectly sensible one.

When something is fixed firmly in place, such as a belief, it is deep seated. That's the original phrase, and its meaning is very specific. A lot of people say deep seeded, which kind of means the same thing in a metaphorical sense. It was many years before I realized I was getting this wrong, but in my defense, it's totally sensible.

Escape goat - If you fuck up and get into trouble, just blame the escape goat and ride it to safety!

Mute point - Kind of a reach, but somewhat sensible. If a point is no longer worth debating, I suppose you could say it's silent.

I've thought about writing these down when I see new ones, maybe putting them on a website, but I sort doubt anyone else would give a shit.
    "Pedal stool" was Jenny Anderson, used by others having gained HOF status.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    THE GREAT DEBATE

san pellegrino's limonata is about the greatest non-alcoholic beverage ever, so they win.

Load Metric
    I have a bit of a winning streak right now when it comes to speeding tickets.

Of the last three times I got pulled over, twice the cop chose not to write a ticket for me, and the other time I somehow won a trial by written declaration where the cop had responded.
    I went 5 years without getting a parking ticket in LA, I finally received one and it seemed to trigger a snowball effect.

A bit of parking infraction paranoia was developed, as it felt like the The Gestapo was following me and "calling the clock" every time I exited my vehicle.

cheerio old' chap

Load Metric
    If I got a job and then found out that they use Lotus Notes as their email client I would get up a leave through the nearest door and never come back.

Amazingly there are still huge companies out there that still use that shit.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    THE GREAT DEBATE

Forget that shit, in the UK we have this:

Name:  761%5C5000436295761%5CIDShot_225x225[1].jpg
Views: 470
Size:  4.9 KB

They charge you £1 for 6 bottles but they didn't tell anyone it was just tap water.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    THE GREAT DEBATE

Forget that shit, in the UK we have this:

Name:  761%5C5000436295761%5CIDShot_225x225[1].jpg
Views: 470
Size:  4.9 KB

They charge you £1 for 6 bottles but they didn't tell anyone it was just tap water.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...customers.html

Forget that shit, in Canader we have what is known as tap water. Put that shit in the fridge and Bob's your uncle. Warm water sucks balls.

Bottled water is a huge rip-off in general.

Name:  water_faucet.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  14.9 KB

Load Metric
    is limonata lemonade?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Obv doesn't know where the term "pedal stool" came from.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    WHAT PISSES ME OFF!.......I guess random thoughts will have to do.

So often the packaging is fail on many things purchased.

Case in point. Motor oil. I go to top up the oil yesterday but can't find the funnel. This happens all the time and usually I just try to center the pour and wipe up where I miss.

This car however is relatively new so I don't want to mess it up. I had to pour half of the oil into a glass jar (1) then pour the half empty bottle to the car (2) put

the rest from the jar in the plastic bottle (3) and pour that into the car. (4)

Why can't they make a bottle that allows for a pour without a funnel? And on some bottles you get that fucking silver

cover on the top that wont come off without some hassle.

Then the kicker. I dropped the oil cap into the engine compartment and could not reach it at all from top or bottom. Eventually I had to jack the car up and this

allowed me to get it from underneath.

Load Metric
    I have been to a lot of secret locations, but never to these states:

Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
    I've been to all of these states except for Arkansas, Mississippi and the Dakotas. Only was in Nebraska to connect a flight but been to the rest.

You're not missing much. The Carolinas have nice weather but the rest are forgettable.

Thread Information