Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD ***

This is a thread where you can post random bullshit without having to worry about hijacking other threads or creating garbage threads that most wouldn't deem thread-worthy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll start out:

Today my car's internal computer system shut down due to some malfunction, leaving only the basic driving features usable.

Without air conditioning, I had to drive with the windows down, and it felt like I was back in the late '80s, driving a car with no A/C.

It actually was kinda nice.

Load Metric
    When I first started out on this forum I used to read every post by 408Mike thinking there must be some deeper meaning & that maybe he was on a different level.
    After about a week & thousands upon thousands of words(he was on a posting binge at the time)I realized he was either really fucked up or it was all a level & haven't read a word he's written since.

I have a feeling my life is better for having made this decision.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some things I would have done differently if I had poker to do all over again, from the time I started playing in early 2001:

- I would have game-selected better. I would have wasted less time playing in marginal games, and only sat down in games where I was sure I was very +EV.

- I would have stayed away from live games of 300-600 and above and online games of 200-400 and above unless they were especially good.

- I would have started an online poker affiliate website, back when it was easy to make a lot of money doing that.

- I would have demanded a substantial piece of ownership of NWP once I had taken a leadership-type role over there, and walked and started my own site if they wouldn't give it to me.

- I would have stayed away from UB, instead of quietly telling my friends, "There's something not right at that place" when I was always losing there.

- I would have played more NL tournaments before everyone started getting good at them.

- I would have been more diligent about finding EVERY soft site in the pre-UIGEA days, and not just become complacent with the ones I knew about. I did this well at times, but other times I let goldmine sites slip by without ever signing up.

- I wouldn't have tried to act wacky for the ESPN cameras in 2005, but rather just quietly played my game.

- I would have realized that forums have a certain percentage of unbalanced freaks, and would have found it less important to get in the last word, and just ignored people when they were getting too obsessive.

- I would have made some good instructional videos before the Cardrunners and Deucescracked days, and capitalized on my bracelet win to earn some nice extra cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have a cold right now. It's not a terrible cold, but the symptoms are present enough to be annoying.

This is the first time I've been sick for more than 24 hours in the year 2012.

In 2010, I had three major colds which lasted 2-4 weeks and carried unusually severe symptoms. This all occurred within a period of 6 months. I thought that it might be the sign of something bigger that was wrong with me, and started to become concerned.

However, I was a lot healthier in 2011, and it's even better in 2012, despite daily exposure to a young child and playing in the germ-filled WSOP.

Load Metric
    are you high, druff?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have a bit of a winning streak right now when it comes to speeding tickets.

Of the last three times I got pulled over, twice the cop chose not to write a ticket for me, and the other time I somehow won a trial by written declaration where the cop had responded.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At just 19-20 months old, Benjamin was able to have a real telephone conversation with me while I was on break at the WSOP.

Load Metric
    Today I picked up my mom from Dialysis(been going for almost 7 years). She is a trooper to say the least. Seeing my mom go through this Mon-Wed-Friday for 4 to 5 hours at a time is pretty heart wrenching.She has her good days, well days where she isn't sick. She is also blind in one eye and her good eye is pretty horrible too. She also had her gall bladder removed and is a diabetic. At times, she can walk if you hold both her hands to steady her and guide her. If we take her somewhere, she is basically wheel chair bound.

Then I went to visit my father who is in the hospital. He has an infection in his big and little toe. To top it off, he has 80% blockage from his inner thigh on down to his toes. His infection doctor had to put him in the hospital in order to move up his operation to try to remove the blockage so he could get antibiotics and speed up the healing process faster. It was scheduled to be done on August 30th. Almost 3 weeks after his initial angioplasty was done. So hopefully it will get done today or tomorrow and that they can get it cleaned out and working properly so he won't lose his leg.

In life, money is nothing and your health is everything. Seeing both your parents slowly decline is very depressing, but no matter what, be there for them and enjoy the time that you with them.

Random thought: Life is messy at times.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Dodgers' hot start this year got me especially emotionally invested in this team.

It's actually depressing to me that they got swept by the Giants at home this week.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFTURF View Post
    Today I picked up my mom from Dialysis(been going for almost 7 years). She is a trooper to say the least. Seeing my mom go through this Mon-Wed-Friday for 4 to 5 hours at a time is pretty heart wrenching.She has her good days, well days where she isn't sick. She is also blind in one eye and her good eye is pretty horrible too. She also had her gall bladder removed and is a diabetic. At times, she can walk if you hold both her hands to steady her and guide her. If we take her somewhere, she is basically wheel chair bound.

Then I went to visit my father who is in the hospital. He has an infection in his big and little toe. To top it off, he has 80% blockage from his inner thigh on down to his toes. His infection doctor had to put him in the hospital in order to move up his operation to try to remove the blockage so he could get antibiotics and speed up the healing process faster. It was scheduled to be done on August 30th. Almost 3 weeks after his initial angioplasty was done. So hopefully it will get done today or tomorrow and that they can get it cleaned out and working properly so he won't lose his leg.

In life, money is nothing and your health is everything. Seeing both your parents slowly decline is very depressing, but no matter what, be there for them and enjoy the time that you with them.

Random thought: Life is messy at times.

Look where rich, successful Steve Jobs is now. And it wasn't even his fault.

Load Metric
    Coming home from China I got stuck, because Air China royally fucked up, in Beijing one night and now Toronto one night.

I've come to realize how pathetic Canada really is in both of trips I've had to stay in Toronto.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If I could completely shut off dreaming, I would.

I have always had far more bad dreams than good/neutral ones.

Even some of my neutral dreams turn bad in a way, where I walk around seemingly for hours (even if it's not really hours) looking for something or someone I can't find.

Good dreams are very rare for me. I had one last week. The dream jumped around to a bunch of different scenes, but all of them were fun. In one of them, I was a player on the Lakers.

I actually have fewer bad dreams now than I used to.

I never have sex in my dreams. Something always stops it from happening.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If I couldn't live in the US, I would move to Canada -- almost surely the Vancouver area.

If I couldn't live in Canada, I would live in New Zealand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have honestly never shit my pants since I was 4 years old, and perhaps even farther back than that.

I came really close once, though.

It was in Israel, in 1989.

I was 17 years old.

I had just eaten at some filthy Shawarma/Falafel stand, and obviously something must have been bad about that meat.

About half an hour later, I was at an open-air market type place, and I felt the urgent need to shit. I had very little time until it was going to force itself out.

The problem was that there were no bathrooms anywhere. I went into a panic, but discovered the familiar Golden Arches in the distance as my one hope.

I sprinted over there, with every second precious. I thought I had made it, but I didn't see a bathroom. I barked, "Where's your bathroom?!" to the front counter, and they told me it was "upstairs".

I then darted upstairs, zipped into the stall, and it literally forced itself out as I was squatting down.

Had it been another 30 seconds, my streak since the mid-1970s would have been broken.

As it stands, the non-shit-my-pants streak is running well over 35 years at this point.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have been to a lot of secret locations, but never to these states:

Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have honestly never shit my pants since I was 4 years old, and perhaps even farther back than that.

I came really close once, though.

It was in Israel, in 1989.

I was 17 years old.

I had just eaten at some filthy Shawarma/Falafel stand, and obviously something must have been bad about that meat.

About half an hour later, I was at an open-air market type place, and I felt the urgent need to shit. I had very little time until it was going to force itself out.

The problem was that there were no bathrooms anywhere. I went into a panic, but discovered the familiar Golden Arches in the distance as my one hope.

I sprinted over there, with every second precious. I thought I had made it, but I didn't see a bathroom. I barked, "Where's your bathroom?!" to the front counter, and they told me it was "upstairs".

I then darted upstairs, zipped into the stall, and it literally forced itself out as I was squatting down.

Had it been another 30 seconds, my streak since the mid-1970s would have been broken.

As it stands, the non-shit-my-pants streak is running well over 35 years at this point.
    Hmmm... I'd say this was pretty close too.

http://www.donkdown.com/forum/shitty...er-t79277.html

Load Metric

Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
    thats a fun random thought idea, I've never been to : Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont

Banned
    Load Metric
    After watching some opinionated political debate I began to question it's usefulness. Break it down like this, take X vs Y both arguing and debating over rhetoric and grey matter. Now look at how much these fucks are making! How do people regularly watch this shit? Like I mentioned it's either x / y rhetoric or a debate between grey, I completely understand the need for debate but when you basically have a two party system you can deceive easily. I highly doubt our forefathers who wrote the constitution ever thought things would be like this.

Then I thought maybe our forefathers didn't come here for the reasons that the history books teach us but for expansion of wealth, power and political means.

Maybe I'm some kind of freak who is to weird to live and to rare to die but our first black president wasn't Barack but a man named John Hanson, he wasn't just the first black president but he was the FIRST president.

Weird what our childhood history books don't tell us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

thats a fun random thought idea, I've never been to : Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont
    hawaii, alaska, north dakota, south dakota, louisiana, maine, vermont, connecticut, massachusetts, new hampshire, rhode island, kansas, nebraska, wisconsin, utah, montana, washington, oregon, california, new mexico, arizona, and iowa.

you guys don't know what you're missing out on in tennessee. easily one of the best states.

i will probably never go to, out of those listed:

north dakota, south dakota, new hampshire, kansas, nebraska, iowa, utah, and montana. just nothing there interests me.

actually scratch iowa. i want to go eat a deep fried stick of butter.

Thread Information