"Big Dog Poker" was a private poker site which gained some prominence due to the pandemic, and people's inability to play live poker.

It started out using the same Briggs software we use on the NoFraud Online Poker room here -- which was proven to have cheating tools which could be used by the room owner or friends. In September 2020, they changed software.

I heard it was run by Kurt Lang, Marcus Coryell, and Scotter Clark. If you google "Big Dog Poker scam", you'll see various complaints about scams occurring there over the past year, though I'm not sure if any are credible.

I'm not sure if Scotter Clark is the same person as Scotty Clark, who was once a Lock Poker rep, and feuded with me about 8-9 years ago.

This e-mail went out today:

Name:  bigdog-close.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  329.4 KB

Bigdog held all of the money, so players on there had to trust both that the game was fair AND their money wouldn't vanish. If they either stole it or mismanaged it, you're out of luck. It's not one of those "agent" models. It's run on someone's home computer, and they hold the money. These sites are very illegal, so obviously the type of person willing to risk it is also likely not very financially stable. That's a big reason to stay away from them.

There have been various complaints and accusations about Bigdog Poker over the past year, but the stories were poorly explained, so I never bothered to delve too deep into it.

They are claiming that everyone's money is safe, but that is meaningless. The fact that they're already making pre-excuses for withdrawal delays is a bad sign.

As always, I want to stress that playing on any private site or app is a huge risk, and there's a big chance you'll get cheated.