Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding desertrunner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Regarding desertrunner

Recently there has been some concern from certain forum members regarding desertrunner, who has greatly stepped up his posting activity in the past month.

First off, I want to explain who he is. desertrunner is someone I've known for 10 years from outside of poker. He's been a good and loyal friend, and I appreciate that a lot. He's not a poker player, but has learned somewhat about the poker world by listening to PFA Radio. Until the past month, his posts were sporadic, and he wasn't really noticed here. He's greatly stepped up activity, and some people are now annoyed by him.

Now, you need to understand that PFA is a unique place in its tone and interactions, so often outsiders have trouble initially fitting in here. Some eventually learn and adjust, others just leave, and a few others just plod along and bashed every time they say something. I've had a lot of radio listeners text me over time saying that they want to post on the forum, but they're afraid they will get ripped apart -- and these aren't people who are particularly political or controversial.

Back to desertrunner: I can understand some of the objection to his recent activity here. He creates a lot of new threads, some of which are unnecessary (or should be in existing threads). He posts a lot of far-right political content, some of which are memes or screenshots which have been debunked or are clearly fake. Recently he's also taken to fighting back against people bashing him, which has further agitated everything.

On the other hand, a lot of the threads he's started have spawned legitimate discussion and debate about the topics he brought up. Go look for yourself. It's not like FPS_Russia who repeatedly posted trash which nobody would read. Even some of the threads which were initially derided eventually spawned into some interesting discussions.

I'm going to talk to him regarding when to create new threads, how many to create per day, and the type of stuff he should and shouldn't post here. He will respect my requests, because we are friends, and he's not looking to troll or disrupt here.

At the same time, some of the attitudes I've seen here from "certain people", regarding this forum, have really frustrated me. Some honestly seem to believe that I should have no right to remove people who are here specifically to harass me on my own forum, or that I'm a sensitive heavy-handed asshole if I do remove them. Some have shown they have absolutely no respect for the time and effort I put into this place. Some have shown that they absolutely don't believe I have a right to want to enjoy my own website. I have taken note of who these people are, and I honestly don't give a shit if they leave or stay. I don't expect any thanks for running this place, but if you really think it's objectionable that I remove people who exist here solely to troll me, you're a fucking prick and I don't really want you on my forum. So I won't bother respecting your opinion if you're one of those people.

For the rest of you, thank you very much for all your contributions here (seriously), and I really appreciate your time in effort here, as well.

Comments

dwai: DRUFF IS GOD

PLOL:

Tellafriend: You’re welcome.

Load Metric
    rofl you know this guy in real life oh sweet sweet todge

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    rofl you know this guy in real life oh sweet sweet todge
    When can I meet you in real life?

Load Metric
    you know this reminds me of the tiiiiiime.... i was in the locker room and the weirdest thing happened.

Comments

OSA: yesss

mickeycrimm: looking at naked boys

adamantium: fixed
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    etc etc

Comments

OSA: go onnnnnnnn

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    for like 4k and you restoring every single desert runner post i just made

Load Metric
    Todd's perfect forum is almost complete

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    He is solid poster , thought it was a druff dupe

Comments

desertrunner: Thaqnk you. We know no one can match Druff.

Load Metric
    at least mintjewlips had rare pepes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm going to talk to him regarding when to create new threads, how many to create per day, and the type of stuff he should and shouldn't post here.
    You know that feeling in your gut when you know you have to go to the school principal's office because you got busted, thats now.

Keep it short and real- Ive been around poker most of my life, played it on the old Atari 800xl back in the 1980s, I'm just not that good at it in real life. Ive been here for 7+ years and participated over time. Too be honest, this place got so cold, slow and became an "attack site", I wanted to contribute more and not try to hurt anyone's internet feelings.

Not to get mushy, but Druff is a very good friend and he knows I'd do anything for him and never hurt his business here (PFA is a business). Druff is one of the most honest and ethical people I know, I trust him and thats rare. I feel the people here who attack others online are a cancer to the poker community as Druff is trying to make a safe and honest place for the game. The few of you that attack others here, not only do you look like a stalker or creep, you hurt the entire poker community and run off the good people that want to be here. Just being honest.

Add- One thing about online bulletin boards, if we the members follow the posted rules (every board has them), there is usually no issues. Kinda like real life, follow the rules, stay in your own lane, be nice, dont be a dick and everything runs smooth.

One last thing, desertrunner is a zero, dont waste your energy on me, seriously.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 01-03-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Load Metric
    great job todge you made desert runner think THIS IS UR ACTUAL BUSINESS AND ur not running this place at a loss and you hurt his feelings

Comments

desertrunner: I will admit, I always liked the bunny rabbit avatar.But that gauchojake one is too weird and freaks me out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm going to talk to him regarding when to create new threads, how many to create per day, and the type of stuff he should and shouldn't post here.
    You know that feeling in your gut when you know you have to go to the school principal's office because you got busted, thats now.

Keep it short and real- Ive been around poker most of my life, played it on the old Atari 800xl back in the 1980s, I'm just not that good at it in real life. Ive been here for 7+ years and participated over time. Too be honest, this place got so cold, slow and became an "attack site", I wanted to contribute more and not try to hurt anyone's internet feelings.

Not to get mushy, but Druff is a very good friend and he knows I'd do anything for him and never hurt his business here (PFA is a business). Druff is one of the most honest and ethical people I know, I trust him and thats rare. I feel the people here who attack others online are a cancer to the poker community as Druff is trying to make a safe and honest place for the game. The few of you that attack others here, not only do you look like a stalker or creep, you hurt the entire poker community and run off the good people that want to be here. Just being honest.

Add- One thing about online bulletin boards, if we the members follow the posted rules (every board has them), there is usually no issues. Kinda like real life, follow the rules, stay in your own lane, dont be a dick and everything runs smooth.

One last thing, desertrunner is a zero, dont waste your energy on me, seriously.
    Actually PFA isn't a business. It's an eighth tier poker forum meant half to preserve the old neverwinpoker community and half to provide a place to discuss scams and other interesting stories in poker/gambling.

Since it makes no money, that's why it's important that I enjoy the experience of running it, or why bother?

Most of the posters here are over 40. If they lack the emotional maturity to understand why a guy running a forum for enjoyment doesn't want people here specifically to make him miserable, I really can't respect anything else they have to say.

I ask very little of the posters here. Rules are very lax, I allow insults/criticism directed at me, I don't censor any ideological content, and I delete very little in general. I don't ask anyone for money or try to sell anything, and I've been great at keeping everyone's info private and secure. Just a tiny bit of respect for me and the forum shouldn't be too difficult, if you want to use this site.

Some have shown me in recent days that they don't have such respect, and it's been noted. And for those that do, that's been noted, too.

Load Metric
    desert runner theres a little place over the rainbow called skatzpoker.com where you can probably be a mod in 3 days and ban sonatine and then have him reban you cuz our backend is hilarious but do not let these haters get you down

Load Metric
    great job todge you made desert runner think THIS IS UR ACTUAL BUSINESS AND ur not running this place at a loss and you hurt his feelings
    Ive known this, its not a profit producing business, but it is his business trademark and his brand. I say "business" out of respect. Honeslt didnt hurt my feelings, but I'm busted for sure.

desert runner theres a little place over the rainbow called skatzpoker.com where you can probably be a mod in 3 days and ban sonatine and then have him reban you cuz our backend is hilarious but do not let these haters get you down
    Ha, thanks, I dont want to join there. Im gonna stay here and sell flashlights with the PFA logo on them.

And that gauchojake avatar is just too creepy.

Comments

gauchojake: ok I changed for you

Load Metric
    so you obviously havent seen his seat cushion spinning escapades im glad he protected you from that

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can confirm that your backend is indeed hilarious. I won't clarify.

Load Metric
    so you obviously havent seen his seat cushion spinning escapades im glad he protected you from that
    I dont know anything about that. The funny thing about Druff and I is that he and I have so many of the same life experiences over time. When he talks about his past, I'm like- Yeah, Ive done that too. I just get him.

Load Metric
    todge is this true

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    todge is this true
    Yes, it's true that your backend is hilarious.

Load Metric
    SONATINE'S BACKEND IS HILARIOUS

Thread Information