Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The National Guard is in LA now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought Salty_Aus was telling us in the other thread that California isn't that bad, and it's only red states really suffering badly from COVID.

Hummm

Up until now, I was sure than an Australian had his finger on the pulse of American issues and behaviors, but now I'm not so certain.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I thought Salty_Aus was telling us in the other thread that California isn't that bad, and it's only red states really suffering badly from COVID.

Hummm

Up until now, I was sure than an Australian had his finger on the pulse of American issues and behaviors, but now I'm not so certain.
    I'm still waiting for your comeback to prove me wrong. Or walls of text that ignore my point at the very least.

But you already proved me correct with self-ownage... thirty fucking ninth based on your own criteria.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Hummm

I'm still waiting for your comeback to prove me wrong. Or walls of text that ignore my point at the very least.

But you already proved me correct with self-ownage... thirty fucking ninth based on your own criteria.
    So why is the National Guard in LA then?

Are you saying that the ICUs really aren't filled? The libs are saying they are.

And how did I self-own if the top 3 death rates are very blue states?

Load Metric

Are you saying that the ICUs really aren't filled? The libs are saying they are.

Just admit you're wrong and move on.

Its a proven fact you will twist the truth and outright lie to bash the left.

Load Metric

To take away everybody's guns
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What am I wrong about?

California is claiming the pandemic is so bad that their ICUs are filled, and the National Guard is coming in. You are saying from 7,500 miles away that it's actually not bad, and only North Dakota and other red states are struggling.

The death rates are highest in 3 clearly blue states.

And yet somehow I'm supposed to "admit" that you're right about it mainly being a red state problem?

Load Metric
    National Guard is there to help the folks with common sense move out of state.

Comments

gauchojake: With all due respect sir, it was 65 and sunny today at the beach

Load Metric
    This is not exactly breaking news.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ling-hospitals

Also they asked for the ship to come back, but I am sure it takes a few days to move from wherever it is.

Load Metric

What am I wrong about?

California is claiming the pandemic is so bad that their ICUs are filled, and the National Guard is coming in. You are saying from 7,500 miles away that it's actually not bad, and only North Dakota and other red states are struggling.

And yet somehow I'm supposed to "admit" that you're right about it mainly being a red state problem?
    You insisted my methodology was flawed in ranking California 33rd. So I used your own criteria based on deaths per million population as you insisted and what do you know thirty fucking ninth.

I merely took exception to your piss poor attempt to bash the left yet again. California does not have the worst infection rate based on population simple.

I'm not saying its not bad due to a very large population. But the infection rate is NOT THE WORST PRESENTLY.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What am I wrong about?

You insisted my methodology was flawed in ranking California 33rd. So I used your own criteria based on deaths per million population as you insisted and what do you know thirty fucking ninth.

I merely took exception to your piss poor attempt to bash the left yet again. California does not have the worst infection rate based on population simple.

I'm not saying its not bad due to a very large population. But the infection rate is NOT THE WORST PRESENTLY.
    Go find where I said it was "the worst". Never said such a thing. You're arguing against a straw man.

I was stating that California is presently having a bad problem -- which is true -- and it is a blue state. Furthermore, very blue areas of California (such as LA) are having bad problems, so you can't even say it's just the Republican areas inland.

Yes, the Dakotas and other red states are also having bad problems right now. I also didn't deny that. I also didn't claim that this is the fault of the left, or that only blue states are suffering.

I was responding to your flawed Worldometers conclusion that red states are the worst, based upon verified cases per million population. I stand by everything I said there.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Why wait for the Guard?

Just want to remind all readers that S&W M&P Shield M2.0 is a great conceal carry gun, or if you prefer a bit more of umph, you can always go with the Model460XVR from Smith and Wesson.

Gold
    Load Metric
    LOL if you think this has anything to do with Trump or disputed elections. The only right wing "rallies" that happen in LA County are 10 guys showing up with Trump signs on Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills, and then normally getting beat up and run off by BLM counter protesters.

Definitely Covid related and not partisan political at all IMO.

Load Metric
    Nearly every 3rd world country and most destitute Caribbean Islands have nice beaches. You wouldn’t want to to live there Gaucho.

I’ll suspend the Cali shit talk here out of respect. There is plenty of rich material to work with here

Load Metric

Go find where I said it was "the worst". Never said such a thing. You're arguing against a straw man.

I was stating that California is presently having a bad problem -- which is true -- and it is a blue state. Furthermore, very blue areas of California (such as LA) are having bad problems, so you can't even say it's just the Republican areas inland.

Yes, the Dakotas and other red states are also having bad problems right now. I also didn't deny that. I also didn't claim that this is the fault of the left, or that only blue states are suffering.

I was responding to your flawed Worldometers conclusion that red states are the worst, based upon verified cases per million population. I stand by everything I said there.
    "and California has one of the worst rates of infection presently.
    Science!!!!"

Not true you said this before I even checked with worldometers.

Load Metric
    i love how druff paints california as this bastion of right wing sanity being shouted down by the hypocritical left, until its time to hold his peers accountable of course.

the second the orange county republican chapter of team retard starts going to church service without masks and reaping the terrible rewards, druff cant wait to pin it on 'bad science' from 'the left'.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i love how druff paints california as this bastion of right wing sanity being shouted down by the hypocritical left, until its time to hold his peers accountable of course.

the second the orange county republican chapter of team retard starts going to church service without masks and reaping the terrible rewards, druff cant wait to pin it on 'bad science' from 'the left'.

One thing I don't ever do is paint California as a "bastion of right wing sanity".

But yeah, super right wing Los Angeles is having a bad COVID problem right now. Story checks out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

"and California has one of the worst rates of infection presently.
    Science!!!!"

Not true you said this before I even checked with worldometers.
    Re-read

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's actually realistic that the National Guard might be in LA to help enforce COVID lockdown rulebreaking. I realize they can't arrest people for breaking local ordinances, but they can assist with closing places down and dispersing people gathering.

I don't believe any conspiracies that there's going to be civil unrest because Trump is going to remain in office, or anything like that. But there could be some unprecedented use of the Guard very shortly.

It's naive to dismiss this as nothing, even if you don't want to believe the far-flung conspiracies about it.
    L .A is not a hotspot for never maskers so that couldn’t be it

The Canadian military is playing are large role in delivering and ensuring the safety
    of this precious cargo. They may be doing the same. Try reading a paper.

Trump probably know there is is an National guard

Gold
    Load Metric
    I spend a lot of time in Orange County and LA County.

In Orange County all the relatively healthy rich, white people walk around in public with masks off where there is relatively little chance for disease transmission and then go back to their single family homes where they naturally are distanced.

Meanwhile, in Los Angeles County urban communities, relatively unhealthy people walk around in public with masks on, and then go back to their highly concentrated, multi-generational apartment units with poor ventilation where there is very high chance of disease transmission.

If "scientists" spent more time focusing on science and less on activism, it wouldn't be such a puzzle why LA county is so much worse than Orange County right now.

Comments

Jayjami: This is exactly what is happening.

Load Metric
    It's actually realistic that the National Guard might be in LA to help enforce COVID lockdown rulebreaking. I realize they can't arrest people for breaking local ordinances, but they can assist with closing places down and dispersing people gathering.

I don't believe any conspiracies that there's going to be civil unrest because Trump is going to remain in office, or anything like that. But there could be some unprecedented use of the Guard very shortly.

It's naive to dismiss this as nothing, even if you don't want to believe the far-flung conspiracies about it.
    Right, when the National Guard is deployed to troubled areas, their mission is to protect property (buildings, roadways, infa-structure) and maintain order...they relieve local police from those tasks thus freeing the police to arrest/enforce.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information