Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post

Nice hit Sanlmar! Great series, I'm in on Reds tomorrow too. Dodgers have to be hungover. It seems like I'm always fading Urias and he usually is taking a shutout into the 6th.
    Bless you Padre. Reading this I feel a tear of nostalgia welling up in my eye.

I believe you will find evidence of me fading Urias when he first got called up as an alleged “phenom” in 2016. I was present at the birth of Urias fading. I killed it back then. He was a nightmare as he dicked around refusing to throw strikes. More money has been made than lost in subsequent seasons.

Another over rated Dodger.

Years later he’s become competent and Dodgers bettors are less enchanted. It’s not as fun or profitable as it once was.

I stumbled on some Bauer training videos as I was preparing for this season. His father was a pitching coach, which I didn’t know. I remember Bauer gave a lesson to a college age woman in a YouTube video. She played baseball. I don’t know her story. It was a fascinating insight into Trevor Bauer though. A lot of guys can play but are too dumb to teach. Maybe they don’t even understand their success. Again, Bauer, the son of a pitching coach, has a huge baseball IQ.

There was the controversy with stick ‘um and he was winking at the cameras one game this year. Suddenly his spin rate jumped 400. He was taunting the Commissioner in a real game. The balls on this guy. He wants the game cleaned up. MLB pulled his balls and .... of course, silence.

I personally believe Bauer was the guy who first blew the whistle on Astros in a video where he said he was going out to play poker and showed a device under his shirt.

Bauer is god. He knows exactly what is going on and he’s smart as fuck. Very un-Dodger-like. There will come the day when he hurls a baseball over the center field fence in Chavez Ravine. The perennial playoff chokers are gonna piss him off.

We can talk about the 60 game exhibition season last year if you like. The only team that did not miss games because of Covid.

High IQ Dodgers. Short list. I have come around on Turner. I know. He should be running that organization. He’s fascinating. Not a great athlete and I’ve always wondered about him at 3rd but he’s wicked smaht.
    Bauer is great for this Padres Dodgers budding rivalry. Not a rivalry until we beat them in the playoffs. A lot has to go right for that to happen. Tatis and the staff must stay healthy first and foremost. Yup the start after they checked Bauers baseballs he pitched a 2 hitter or something iirc. Good info on his Dad being a pitching coach. I remember reading somewhere last year he only wanted to do 1 year deals for the rest of his career. didn't happen obv... Sanlmar can the Sawx keep this up? Predict their win total after the hot start.

Dodgers are damn good. I can't stand Muncy, Belinger, 77 out of the pen. Must be cause they are really good and beat up on the Pads. Sippin haterade. Muncy swings at least amount of pitches in baseball. Waits for cookies and sees all pitches

Comments

Sanlmar: Haters gonna hate.

Load Metric
    Yeah, I caught that Muncy tidbit today.

I take it a day at a time. The Sawks still fundamentally have no pitching. I haven’t dabbled in totals for the Red Sox but there has to be money there with poor pitching and good hitting. That’s been a formula in years past.

People finally gave up on the Yankees.

Bauer was applauding Tatis for his trash talk. He said pitchers should not drill guys for taunting. Personally, I like batters getting hit but I’m old school. I was a Pedro guy.

There’s a little bit of Greinke in our boy Bauer. He’s gonna piss some people off in LA and he just won’t care. Applauding Tatis seems like a good start.

The camera spent a lot of time at one point in the game focused on Bauer and Dave Roberts. They clearly were deep into a strategy discussion. There was a lot of energy displayed. It was so interesting for me to see that. Of course, learning Roberts mind will morph into criticism. The insight Bauer gains will devolve into disdain. It has to. This is an official pick.

The ball is headed over the center field fence. Not in a good Kershaw way either.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-25-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post

Nice hit Sanlmar! Great series, I'm in on Reds tomorrow too. Dodgers have to be hungover. It seems like I'm always fading Urias and he usually is taking a shutout into the 6th.
    Bless you Padre. Reading this I feel a tear of nostalgia welling up in my eye.

I believe you will find evidence of me fading Urias when he first got called up as an alleged “phenom” in 2016. I was present at the birth of Urias fading. I killed it back then. He was a nightmare as he dicked around refusing to throw strikes. More money has been made than lost in subsequent seasons.

Another over rated Dodger.

Years later he’s become competent and Dodgers bettors are less enchanted. It’s not as fun or profitable as it once was.

I stumbled on some Bauer training videos as I was preparing for this season. His father was a pitching coach, which I didn’t know. I remember Bauer gave a lesson to a college age woman in a YouTube video. She played baseball. I don’t know her story. It was a fascinating insight into Trevor Bauer though. A lot of guys can play but are too dumb to teach. Maybe they don’t even understand their success. Again, Bauer, the son of a pitching coach, has a huge baseball IQ.

There was the controversy with stick ‘um and he was winking at the cameras one game this year. Suddenly his spin rate jumped 400. He was taunting the Commissioner in a real game. The balls on this guy. He wants the game cleaned up. MLB pulled his balls and .... of course, silence.

I personally believe Bauer was the guy who first blew the whistle on Astros in a video where he said he was going out to play poker and showed a device under his shirt. How ironic is it that Bauer is now on the team that was told about the Astros and chose to ignore the warnings. Dodgers.

Bauer is god. He knows exactly what is going on and he’s smart as fuck. Very un-Dodger-like. There will come the day when he hurls a baseball over the center field fence in Chavez Ravine. The perennial playoff chokers are gonna piss him off.

We can talk about the 60 game exhibition season last year if you like. The only team that did not miss games because of Covid.

High IQ Dodgers. Short list. I have come around on Turner. I know. He should be running that organization. He’s fascinating. Not a great athlete and I’ve always wondered about him at 3rd but he’s wicked smaht.
    There was a time Trevor Bauer was the only guy I followed on twitter as he just gave shit to MLB every year and trolled the Astros mercilessly. Always loved him. Strange cat, but super interesting.

The part about his dad being a pitching coach is new info.

His pitching coach during his entire professional career was one of the most frequent posters on the Indians sub-forum on two plus two.

His name was Kyle Boddy and he was a Cleveland native, was a data scientist who was very into using saber metrics to improve pitching technique and velocity.

He would talk about Trevor every day and how unconventional their workouts were back over a decade ago when Trevor was just traded to Cleveland from Az. He would go into great detail about the work they were doing and was really confident he was going to be a great one.

Kyle eventually moved to Seattle to open his own baseball training company called driveline, and they’ve worked together ever since despite the move out west.

Whenever the Indians would play in Seattle, and Trevor would pitch a gem, he’d bring Kyle out to do the post game interviews with him and give him a lot of credit for his success. Was really cool to read the detailed progression on 2+2 way back when he was just emerging. Kyle posted on 2+2 because when he was first starting out, he was also working to expose security flaws for PokerStars to pay the bills.

He was a really young guy then. Still young now, late 30s, but got fortunate to get such a high profile advocate for his company and philosophy so early on.

He got Kyle the job as pitching coach of the Reds, which he still has now despite Trevor moving on.
    -
    Edit-

Actually just read his bio as it’s been years since the posts back on 2 +2, his title is director of minor league pitching development for the Reds according to wiki. I thought I had read he was the pitching coach.

Comments

Sanlmar: Good trivia rep.
    Last edited by BCR; 04-25-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Here’s the video I mentioned with the chick. I hope it holds up to my memory

At the least you will never see him quite the same way again. I still can’t quite get a handle on him. Which is great. He is fascinating.

His training methods are new to me.

Load Metric
    @bcr

Do you think Bauer has accidentally tripped into a branding exercise? Where his image is bigger than the team he plays for? He now kind of appreciates it and it suits his quirkiness.

The average successful baseball player is an idiot. David Price is an idiot, for example. Similarly, Kershaw has never been accused of being bright. Bauer occupies his own unique orbit. He really can’t relate to the others and at this point doesn’t bother. This formula has worked magnificently for him. Even if he gets thrown out of Dodge as he was his last team.

Along comes social media and .... well, why not go year to year. The team is not the thing. Unless, the crazy Dodgers end up giving you the world in the midst of a sports financial depression.

He cares not one lick about the Dodgers except that they provide a stage for his expression.

Oh, it’s going to be grand.

Edit
    Just reread this and I think I just described the modern NBA. Image over team. Hmmmm. Bauer is more independent as a pitcher. He’s like a consultant.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-25-2021 at 11:42 PM.

Load Metric
    @bcr

Do you think Bauer has accidentally tripped into a branding exercise? Where his image is bigger than the team he plays for? He now kind of appreciates it and it suits his quirkiness.

The average successful baseball player is an idiot. David Price is an idiot, for example. Similarly, Kershaw has never been accused of being bright. Bauer occupies his own unique orbit. He really canÂ’t relate to the others and at this point doesnÂ’t bother. This formula has worked magnificently for him. Even if he gets thrown out of Dodge as he was his last team.

Along comes social media and .... well, why not go year to year. The team is not the thing. Unless, the crazy Dodgers end up giving you the world in the midst of a sports financial depression.

He cares not one lick about the Dodgers except that they provide a stage for his expression.

Oh, itÂ’s going to be grand.
    @bcr

Do you think Bauer has accidentally tripped into a branding exercise? Where his image is bigger than the team he plays for?

The average successful baseball player is an idiot. David Price is an idiot, for example. Bauer occupies his own unique orbit. He really canÂ’t relate to the others and at this point doesnÂ’t bother.

Along comes social media and .... well, why not go year to year. The team is no the thing. Unless, the crazy Dodgers end up giving you the world in the midst of a sports financial depression.

Oh, itÂ’s going to be grand.
    Yeah, it’s possible. My best friend who was a pitcher at the college level and got me into Bauer’s twitter. He loves him. He understands more the mechanics of all the shit Trevor is talking about.

Like I said, I knew he was a really outside the box thinker and kind of marched to his own drummer from that dude on 2 plus 2 posting about him first. Once I read the bio, I appear to kind of messed up the timeline a little bit, not that its relevant.

He always posted as KyleB with an Indians cap avatar. I knew he was a Cleveland guy from Parma and Indians fan way back before Bauer even showed up. Upon reading his bio again, I remember us getting Bauer in 2012. Him pitching down in Columbus. This kyleb guy signing him as his first client in 2012, and him then opening his first facility in Seattle later that year. I assumed the connection was made in Cleveland, but it appears he just met him through elsewhere and was already in Seattle as he had worked for Microsoft.

I remember him discussing how unique Trevor was. I see now the dude has 3 clinics in addition to his job with reds. I think Trevor was the type of guy to give a young guy who had been inspired by moneyball and open to analytics based approaches to the game a chance. I see his client list is super long now with Kershaw and a bunch of other guys. Obviously he got really lucky. I assume he’s his data guy. He might have other coaches that work on other aspects. Every picture of Trevor wired up working on something is at that driveline facility.

Trevor is just a no filter guy. I recall teammates either loving him or hating him. We had a good staff and obviously Kluber through much of that time. Egos.

I think teammates loved him or hated him. Like the word always was that he’s eccentric. Always a mad genius type and perfectionist. No shocker given his data driven approach and perfectionism he was onto the Astros thing really early. With his personality, not the type to stay quiet.

He definitely has a brand. I don’t know exactly what it is, but it’s unique and I think he’s super smart when it comes to pitching and not afraid to tell you why you’re an idiot. I haven’t read it that much the last year with everything going on. There are times he almost seems a little on the spectrum or I can’t figure out if he is doing parody or just strange. He’s done shit like get into twitter wars with girls. Question Obama’s birth certificate. Like he just is truly a troll superstar athlete who loves arguing and causing shit, but also super entertaining. Definitely not a politically correct athlete. Conspiracy theories one day and then something that seems super smart the next. There have been times I can’t figure out if he is a pure troll like someone here, doing parody, or on the spectrum and just far out. Just a dude who bets on himself every year and keeps getting better and is really interesting.
    Last edited by BCR; 04-26-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Load Metric
    @bcr

The average successful baseball player is an idiot. David Price is an idiot, for example. Similarly, Kershaw has never been accused of being bright. Bauer occupies his own unique orbit. He really can’t relate to the others and at this point doesn’t bother. This formula has worked magnificently for him. Even if he gets thrown out of Dodge as he was his last team.

Oh, it’s going to be grand.

Edit
    Just reread this and I think I just described the modern NBA. Image over team. Hmmmm. Bauer is more independent as a pitcher. He’s like a consultant.

I'm sure he cares more about his image, but he obviously wants to win. And as he's from LA, Dodgers is probably the best team for him to combine passion for franchise and personal brand

Load Metric
    Focus on the Reds 1st 5 derivative or mix that in.

Has to be said.
    Dodgers have the second worst OPS against the fastball in all of baseball. Only the Giants are worse.

The more you know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Focus on the Reds 1st 5 derivative or mix that in.

Has to be said.
    Dodgers have the second worst OPS against the fastball in all of baseball. Only the Giants are worse.

The more you know.
    Presently the two best records in the NL.

The more YOU know!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This Mahle kid is excellent though. I've had patience with him on my fantasy team for his first few years as he sucked. This year he's finally looking like the guy he was supposed to be.

I would have fired Reds tonight if I weren't a Dodgers fan. I don't bet against them. It's sacreligious to do so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The more you know.
    Presently the two best records in the NL.

The more YOU know!
    Empty (tanking) Rockies calories aren’t good for you.

Load Metric
    Speaking of the Giants and Rockies

Giants will share 1st place this morning.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    So far so good Salnmar. First 5 is a winner, Mahle did a great job pitching with guys on in the 4th and 5th.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of the Giants and Rockies

Giants will share 1st place this morning.
    I activated Gomber this week.

Whoops.

Load Metric
    Shut up Garrett

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Shut up Garrett
    Starts him off with off speed first 2 pitches. Garrett is a bum

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Shut up Garrett
    Gotta be frustrating for Reds fans to keep seeing him in high leverage spots. They've finally moved away from having him as closer. I think now it's shared between Sims and Doolittle (remember him)?

But Garrett shouldn't be anywhere near a close gain.

Oh well, his loss is the Dodgers' gain.

Load Metric
    I purchased some optional flight insurance preflight (over 7) and nibbled live knowing 2 dreadful bullpens were lurking.

Name:  C2C2227E-E34F-4AA6-AB95-61C01435307B.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  83.4 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Feels like yesterday he gave up a 3 run bomb in the 9th to tie it 3-3. Lose Reds and under 7.5 in extras. Dodgers bullpen ready to give up a few here in the 8th.

Load Metric
    Where’s the Supermoon?

Thread Information