Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ddogers back in first, way faster than I thought they would be. Giants lost 5 of 6 when playing the class of the other divisions. The Dodgers, in the meantime, choked off 2 of 3 versus the Rockies (fail), but swept the Braves to make up for it.

Turner/Scherzer is easily the most impactful midseason addition to the Dodgers in my lifetime. This one excited me far more than acquiring Yu Darvish or Manny Machokedo in the past. And remember Brian Dozier? Oy vey.

But these two really made impact, especially with the Dodgers facing so many SP injuries. Without Scherzer, they'd have two competent starting pitchers right now. When Bellinger and Barnes are sitting, the lineup has zero holes. Betts, two Turners, Seager, Pollock, Taylor, Muncy, Smith... all of them a threat.

I think SF is finally starting to crack. It couldn't last forever. Zaidi made some smart moves, some old guys were playing over their heads, and somehow they were always doing just enough to win. They're a very good team, but not on the level of the Dodgers.

Sorry, San, but this is a team which is going to have a decent shot to repeat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In other baseball news:

Max Scherzer wasn't removed after 76 pitches because Roberts was being overly cautious. He has hamstring tightness, but claims it's not a huge deal.

Former Dodger Kenta Maeda is having Tommy John surgery. He came to the Dodgers in 2016, as a huge question mark with major injury and durability issues in Japan. He outperformed expectation, and had a solid 6 MLB seasons. However, he's 33, and I can't imagine him being too effective after the TJ surgery. I think the injury chickens finally came home to roost.

John Smoltz and Al Leiter, both in their mid-50s, are anti-vaxxers. They are now broadcasting remotely for that reason.

I think anyone over 45 who is passing on the vaccine is incredibly foolish.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Sorry, San, but this is a team which is going to have a decent shot to repeat.
    Repeat? Oh, you mean the Covid exhibition thing last year.

I watch every Dodgers game and I usually have money on them. They are special. My favorite and most electric player is Trea Turner and Scherzer is a competitive warrior I have always admired. Mookie is Mookie - he is a flame that burns brightly now. Enjoy.

Right hand to god, I was checking yesterday to see if I had a Muncy MVP ticket. I don’t. I thought I bought one.

Gonna be somewhat complicated for me when Kershaw comes back but he isn’t the heavy favorite you fade like the old days. The Dodgers will not depend on him in the playoffs as before. The Kershaw fail is likely over.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-02-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Load Metric
    There is simply no place more dangerous to watch a baseball game than Dodger stadium.
    WTF? They need to beef up security, because there is no way to have less thugs as fans in LA, that is for sure.
    And coincides w/the 10 year anniversary of Bryan Stow.

Giants fan Bryan Stow reflects on attack 10 years ago
    https://www.ktvu.com/news/giants-fan...k-10-years-ago

Comments

Cerveza Fria: San Fran is worse. You'' step in poop on the way to the stadium
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you stay out of the cheap seats, there usually aren't fights or people behaving badly.

Yes, there is a bad element in the bleachers and the OF blue seats, but I never encounter it. In the parking lot, nobdy bothers me because I'm an older white guy in Dodgers gear, and I'm basically invisible to them.

I admit I wouldn't want to walk in that lot wearing an SF jersey, though.

Load Metric
    todge we need you up in tdeck just talking wild shit while the mexicans have ur back do it for the content brother

Load Metric
    like maybe you shove a padres fan to his death literally no one will snitch

Load Metric
    i mean dare i say it is ben too young for a felony murder rap with that shitty la da do we have him kill the one rockies fan who would go to chavez ravine todgeeeeeeeeeee this kinda sounds promising my guy

Load Metric
    or is there a marlins homestand coming up those pieces of shit deserve a gentle shove over that railing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    There is simply no place more dangerous to watch a baseball game than Dodger stadium.
    WTF? They need to beef up security, because there is no way to have less thugs as fans in LA, that is for sure.
    And coincides w/the 10 year anniversary of Bryan Stow.

Giants fan Bryan Stow reflects on attack 10 years ago
    https://www.ktvu.com/news/giants-fan...k-10-years-ago
    In the Dodgers last game Graterol came in to relieve Scherzer and gave up 2 runs. Despite having nearly the best record in baseball the crowd booed. They were loud and they were quick and they BOOED.

I haven’t quite noticed this before 2021 but it’s definitely a LA thing now. It has been profound with Kenley Jansen. Now I can shit on him but I don’t pay for Dodgers tickets in LA. He’s actually been pretty good this year. Dodgers fans don’t care. They have a short fuse with every one.

When the boos start and you have the 5 tiers of seating behind home plate and a crowd of 50,000 booing the home team it’s pretty striking.

MLB Fight Club videos from LA round out an interesting impression.

I actually don’t understand what’s going on
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-03-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Classic Dodger/Giant game tonight. Lol at anyone who doesn’t think it’s the best rivalry in baseball.

Load Metric
    Jays down 8-2 comeback

Romano shits the bed in the 9th.

Semien walk off. Epic game/comeback.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Classic Dodger/Giant game tonight. Lol at anyone who doesn’t think it’s the best rivalry in baseball.
    Dodgers paying awful David Price $16m a year. He was scheduled to start early Friday but like last time Price was slated to start the Dodgers did a little switcheroo and actually opened with Knebel

8 relievers and David Price was never allowed in the game. I mean I wouldn’t have used him either.

Coincidentally, $16m is the amount they pay .170 Bellinger. That’s $32m plus Bauer’s $1.5m every week. C’mon that’s funny.

Best team money can buy.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-04-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That was a brutal ending. Dodgers relievers twice wiggle out of allowing the winning run to score, only to have the game end on what was basically a double error (even though only scored as one).

Trea Turner, who isn't a good second baseman, made a bad throw. Will Smith, who definitely isn't a first baseman, made a bad stretch for the ball.

This was all to get the blazing fast Buster Posey running to first -- aka the 37-year-old catcher.

Frustrating. Very exciting game, though.

Enough to be worth delaying radio.

Load Metric
    That was a brutal ending. Dodgers relievers twice wiggle out of allowing the winning run to score, only to have the game end on what was basically a double error (even though only scored as one).

Trea Turner, who isn't a good second baseman, made a bad throw. Will Smith, who definitely isn't a first baseman, made a bad stretch for the ball.

This was all to get the blazing fast Buster Posey running to first -- aka the 37-year-old catcher.

Frustrating. Very exciting game, though.

Enough to be worth delaying radio.
    Go Figure, almost like maybe they should play their best SS at.....SS?

Comments

Sanlmar: You stole my material

Bronze
    Load Metric
    All 4 Braves infielers have at least 25 homeruns only second time in history this has been done.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Happy New year ... happy Labor Day.

Seattle mariners W4 +187.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokeofluck2020 View Post
    All 4 Braves infielers have at least 25 homeruns only second time in history this has been done.
    Do you think the Braves can hold off the Phillies, who are somehow hot right now? Braves momentum kinda fell apart after getting swept by the Dodgers. Looks like two exciting division races in the NL this year.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Strokeofluck2020 View Post
    Do you think the Braves can hold off the Phillies, who are somehow hot right now? Braves momentum kinda fell apart after getting swept by the Dodgers. Looks like two exciting division races in the NL this year.

Ahem, NY Metropolitan's are still alive!!!!
    Nah Atl a choke team and Phillies need Girardi to stfu and stay in his hole. they be ok..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will be interesting to see what the Dodgers do with Scherzer.

He's still very much on his game, despite being 37. But how much longer does he have as an elite pitcher? It seemed he was already cracking last year, but somehow regained his form in 2021 -- perhaps due to the lighter load the prior year? (Some are saying that's the reason for Buster Posey's renaissance -- as he took 2020 off!)

Dodgers have been reluctant to give expensive long-term contracts to older players. They also lost Justin Turner because of it. Turner, who would be 36 during the 2021 season, wanted 4 years. Dodgers wanted to keep him, but offered 2. They got stuck for awhile, and ultimately Turner backed down and accepted the 2 years, and took "only" $17m per year. But it looks like they were going to let him walk if he kept demanding more than 2 years.

I think Friedman is just really against having 40-year-olds on the roster making $25m, or whatever.

The Dodgers may lose Scherzer for this reason. Turner ultimately stayed because he was comfortable in LA, and the Dodgers were the team which saved his career. Scherzer has no such history in LA.

Thread Information