Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, Dodgers have 6 of the top 21 players in NL OPS.

Max Muncy is in 2nd, behind Tatis. The other five are Chris Taylor, Trea Turner, Justin Turner, Will Smith, and Mookie Betts. I predict that Muncy will finish second to Tatis in the MVP voting, as well. Pretty good for a guy nobody except Farhan Zaidi wanted 4 years ago.

Bellinger is finally seeing the ball decently, and Seager is getting back to form. If they stay healthy, this will be the best hitting team in the playoffs. Just gotta keep it away from the bullpen.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    seattle -132

-132 is a key opening line. auto bet -132 openers.imo

Comments

NickyPipes: Nice one brother parlayed them with Rays looking good. Chris Flexen KBO legend

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    seattle -132

-132 is a key opening line. auto bet -132 openers.imo
    Wow brother! Just checked final score, they almost blew it! If you watched was probably quite the sweat, only Mariners games I’ve seen this year is their series in Tampa which they won and played really well. Flexen pitched great against Tampa, I watched him a lot in KBO during pandemic, want to see him do well

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Max Muncy is in 2nd, behind Tatis. The other five are Chris Taylor, Trea Turner, Justin Turner, Will Smith, and Mookie Betts. I predict that Muncy will finish second to Tatis in the MVP voting, as well. Pretty good for a guy nobody except Farhan Zaidi wanted 4 years ago.

Bellinger is finally seeing the ball decently, and Seager is getting back to form. If they stay healthy, this will be the best hitting team in the playoffs. Just gotta keep it away from the bullpen.
    Likely my only contribution to this thread.

You’re welcome.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Likely my only contribution to this thread.

You’re welcome.
    Beat ya to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    SportsCenter meant smoothest slide “ever”

Says a lot when a non fan is impressed. How many times did you watch that? 20?

Trea Turner actually is like that all the time.

Load Metric
    No baseball game has gone 14 innings since the Covid rules were created

Dodgers 1
    Padres 1

Load Metric
    Does Knebel work for DraftKings?

2 deliberate balks followed by a fatty to Tatis for a HR. 3-3

The Padres announcers were completely dumbfounded but grateful. We gamblers know, don’t we?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers ended up pulling it off in 16, thanks to a 2-run shot by Pollock.

Probably gonna be awhile until we see another 16-inning game with this dumb 2nd base rule in place, especially one where nobody scores for 5 innings.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1430803787027861504

Load Metric
    If Cody Bellinger wants to keep that 8th spot in the lineup he better learn how to bunt.

Comments

gut: i legit lol'd

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Braves won a weekend series from the Giants and now travel West to face the Dodgers in a 3 game set. Braves have a 4.5 game lead in the East. Everyone was ready to roll over and die after the Acuna injury but we made some good deadline moves that are paying off in the outfield. Dunn Soler and Joc have been solid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokeofluck2020 View Post
    Braves won a weekend series from the Giants and now travel West to face the Dodgers in a 3 game set. Braves have a 4.5 game lead in the East. Everyone was ready to roll over and die after the Acuna injury but we made some good deadline moves that are paying off in the outfield. Dunn Soler and Joc have been solid.
    Braves going to win that shit division. Be glad that your team isn't in the Central or West.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of the NL East, the 63-67 Mets -- remember when they were supposed to be World Series contenders -- are now thumbs-downing the fans when they get hits.

The players are tired of being booed, so this is their way of booing back when they do well. Can you believe this shit? You have an overpriced team which disappoints everyone again and again, and the players have the nerve to thumbs-down the fans.

The Mets haven't won the World Series since '86, and have made the playoffs just 3 times ('06, '15, '16) in the past 20 seasons. Will be 21 soon after they fail this year.

This is their 50th year, and they've only made the postseason 9 times.

Load Metric
    Speaking of the NL East, the 63-67 Mets -- remember when they were supposed to be World Series contenders -- are now thumbs-downing the fans when they get hits.

The players are tired of being booed, so this is their way of booing back when they do well. Can you believe this shit? You have an overpriced team which disappoints everyone again and again, and the players have the nerve to thumbs-down the fans.

The Mets haven't won the World Series since '86, and have made the playoffs just 3 times ('06, '15, '16) in the past 20 seasons. Will be 21 soon after they fail this year.

This is their 50th year, and they've only made the postseason 9 times.
    We sent them $55 million in 2021 salary between Lindor and Carrasco, and they have gotten .224 with 11 homers out of Lindor and 0 wins and nearly 7 ERA out of Cookie.

Crazy. Obviously some injury issues with Cookie and Frankie, but I was reading some inside baseball guys, and they were discussing Lindor and how they’ve never seen numbers like his out of anyone not in their early-mid 30s. Say it’s not he’s getting unlucky, not the shift, he’s just not making contact, and it’s a 3 year trend.

Not what you want to see when you’re paying a guy $43 million this year with bonus and have 10 more years at $341 million starting next year. He’s guaranteed through 2031.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Was pretty shocked at that contract given that something looked wrong in 2020.

But it's the Mets, sooo....

If only they had gotten Bauer instead of the Dodgers, the fail would have been complete. At least the Dodgers are otherwise good enough to absorb that.

Load Metric
    Was pretty shocked at that contract given that something looked wrong in 2020.

But it's the Mets, sooo....

If only they had gotten Bauer instead of the Dodgers, the fail would have been complete. At least the Dodgers are otherwise good enough to absorb that.

Like 3 years ago, there was some off-season tournament. Can’t remember if it was world baseball classic or Pan American games, but given our team is 90% Dominican and Latin American, they all played in it. It was kind of at the beginning of the 3 outcome swing changes, and Lindor and Ramirez never looked the same. Both were high average hitters who might be good for 10-15 homers, but they both looked off after. It worked out the first year as they probably hit 75 HRs between them. And Ramirez has adjusted and was obviously MVP runner up last year, but it changed their swings fundamentally and Frankie has never looked the same.

I really think that short season was a huge break for him. He often started slow, and teams chalked it up to just a short season, but had they played full season and teams noticed longer term trends, it might have cost him $100 million.

Load Metric
    Should have listened to our Russian-based Mets expert when he told me Ahmed Rosario was no scrub after Lindor deal. Kid is hitting the cover off the ball presently. He got around the bases so fast last night on inside the park homer. Not sure he’s a SS still, as he doesn’t seem to have the hands, but too good to not find a place for. It’s possible I’ve just been spoiled by years of Lindor and Omar before him. Unfortunately he’ll be gone in two years when it’s tile to get paid. Hopefully not next year as he has arb 2 coming up and probably will be like $6-$8 million if I understand calculator correctly.

We won’t speak of San’s framed jersey. Don’t know if it’s a sticky stuff situation or what?

Super fast fall for JK from one of leagues top guys to Columbus. Hopefully some psych meds and work off-season returns him to form.

Dodgers-SF this weekend is actually catching even my AL-centric attention.

Load Metric
    Pulling Scherzer @ 76 pitches.

Of course it was stupid. The only question is “was that a front office smarty pants decision or Dave Roberts”.

The sight of Scherzer horsing around in the dugout. The Dodger announcer was confused. You knew what was coming.

8th inning
    Braves 3
    Dodgers 2

Name:  17CCA354-82CB-4FDF-84BD-8179F1EB6780.jpeg
Views: 131
Size:  54.4 KB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-01-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Load Metric
    The Dodgers have cleaned up Machine Gun Kelly’s act. He’s a new pitcher.

Good come back. Didn’t rely on swinging from the heels to come from behind.

I had a brain dead 3 team parlay I had to insure. I played that perfectly.

Still remains that removing Scherzer was questionable. Announcer Joe Davis said he hoped Scherzer wasn’t hurt. Otherwise, it made no sense.

Load Metric
    Joe Kelly sucks balls. If Roberts puts him in there when it really matters, he’ll choke. Mark my words.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Joe Kelly sucks balls. If Roberts puts him in there when it really matters, he’ll choke. Mark my words.
    I watched Joe Kelly from behind home plate in Boston. He had absolutely no idea where the ball was going. He could not repeat his mechanics. His frustration led to anger issues. A worthless mess

What you witness now is a decent approximation of a late reliever. That’s an enormous improvement. He’s not going to Cooperstown but the Dodgers made him much much better.

Trea Turner on offense changes that whole team. Toby McGuire can run the bases.

Bellinger in the playoffs “when it matters”. That will be somethin’. They are winning with only 7 batters. That’s impressive. I think the new contract fucked that kid up. He’s got issues.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-01-2021 at 11:39 PM.

Thread Information