Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    This was on every text and social media post here yesterday. Just perfect Jose.

Padre-

Just saw a random fact on Indians-orioles game. No idea why he was on my screen as I had sound muted. It had some dude named Nate Colbert from Padres that played in 70s and is the team HR leader with 163. Tatís will be the career Padre leader by 25.

No idea why they had graphic up? Looked and it doesn’t appear he died. Maybe his kid is playing or something? Was weird graphic in unrelated game. I started thinking who I would have guessed and was thinking my guesses would have been Winfield or Gonzales or Caminiti. That has to be the lowest for any team. Almost amazing to never have a guy hit 200 homers ever.

Load Metric
    Ohtani is in the HR Derby

That is so so sick. Excess is never too much

Load Metric
    and since my last Ohtani post a few hours ago .... 2 more HR’s

Fernando Tatis Jr: 22
    Vladimir Guerrero Jr: 22
    Shohei Ohtani: 21**
    Matt Olson: 19*
    Salvador Pérez: 18*
    Ronald Acuña Jr: 18
    Adolis García: 17*
    Rafael Devers: 17*
    Jesse Winker: 17

* = HR today
    ** = 2 HR today

Ohtani is the greatest baseball player since ...

DeGrom is the most dominant pitcher for a season since Pedro ‘99. Better than Pedro? Could be.

What a year for the ages

Ohtani has thrown down the gauntlet. The position players on this list really can’t be faggot now about showing up for the Derby. Let’s do 2021 right. The weightless atmosphere of Coors to boot. Just one year please.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-18-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    This was on every text and social media post here yesterday. Just perfect Jose.

Padre-

Just saw a random fact on Indians-orioles game. No idea why he was on my screen as I had sound muted. It had some dude named Nate Colbert from Padres that played in 70s and is the team HR leader with 163. Tatís will be the career Padre leader by 25.

No idea why they had graphic up? Looked and it doesn’t appear he died. Maybe his kid is playing or something? Was weird graphic in unrelated game. I started thinking who I would have guessed and was thinking my guesses would have been Winfield or Gonzales or Caminiti. That has to be the lowest for any team. Almost amazing to never have a guy hit 200 homers ever.
    Being a Padres/Chargers/Clippers fan has been brutal to say the least. Nate was before my time, I remember seeing the stat of his great double header 5HR and 13 RBI many times. 1-8 record in the World Series- my Dad took me as a 7 year old to the one win in 1984 over Sparkys Detroit Tigers.
    One thing I can say Mr Padre Tony Gwynn19 was so dang good and we will never see seasons like his ever again. I'm sure you guys have seen some of the stats against the best pitchers of that era and the strikeout numbers were ridiculous compared to todays best hitters.. If he had the talk with Ted Williams 10 years earlier he would have had 300 HR.

Things are looking up tho. Padres will be in the playoffs this year I'm predicting and the Clippers are beating the Suns in 5 or 6. I am heading to Bike to play to see if I can score some box seats to Game 3 or 4. Chargers will be sold soon enough to some billionaire and head back to Americas Finest City. If I had 10% of the money back the Chargers cost me in sick playoff losses it would be a nice roll..

Load Metric
    Wander Franco getting the call-up for Tampa. Might be time to get back on the Tampa auto-bet wagon.

Load Metric
    Vladimir Guerrero of the Toronto Blue Jays announces he is a faggot and is conceding the MVP to Ohtani

Load Metric
    Urias without goo.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    speaking of degrom, dont know if it will be on YT but saw it on twitter...

he did a good morning, good afternoon, and good night to acuna...3 straight pills on the outside corner 100+ MPH for each...

dominant as fuck, wont sniff the HOF, 73 (?) career wins right now...fucking baseball...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Vladimir Guerrero of the Toronto Blue Jays announces he is a faggot and is conceding the MVP to Ohtani
    I wonder if he has a nagging injury he wants to rest? Or his ego is growing with each homer?

Or is he scared to lose to Ohtani? Or still on tilt he lost in the finals in 2019 after setting he record for most homers?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I wonder if he has a nagging injury he wants to rest? Or his ego is growing with each homer?

Or is he scared to lose to Ohtani? Or still on tilt he lost in the finals in 2019 after setting he record for most homers?
    If he has an injury just say so.

Nah, he’s ducking Ohtani. Vlad may win the triple crown and won’t get the MVP.

I need to look up his agent. It’s all about brand and this doesn’t play to the 12 year olds. You won’t see a Vlad jersey south of Buffalo

Load Metric
    Yeah, Vlad is making $605k this year and prolly clearing $300k after Canadian taxes so swilling vodka and partying the night of the HR Derby looks like the move here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    speaking of degrom, dont know if it will be on YT but saw it on twitter...

he did a good morning, good afternoon, and good night to acuna...3 straight pills on the outside corner 100+ MPH for each...

dominant as fuck, wont sniff the HOF, 73 (?) career wins right now...fucking baseball...
    Unless you are brain dead you know where DeGrom’s achievement stacks up against history. I especially give zero fucks about longevity. I’m not marrying the guy. Make me see stars and shout your name for a night (year).

For instance, if Ohtani never plays another game after this year I’m good.

George Allen, who coached the Championship Redskins was famous for saying, “The Future is Now”.

Much to my entertainment, this is a concept Druff never accepted with the Dodgers He never cared if they were Champions as long as they were consistently good in their division. Do not mortgage the future and get that bullpen arm for the playoffs at the expense of a prospect kinda fail.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-22-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Load Metric
    Civale out for 4-5 weeks. Indians can’t catch a break with pitching injuries. The five opening day starters are all gone. Bieber, Civale, and Pleasac hurt, other 2 sent down. Amazing they’ve weathered the storm this long to still be 9 games over. Going to be a long next month-six weeks.. Karinchak and Clase can’t close games you’re losing by 8 runs.

Load Metric
    Was just a matter of time before Bauer started to throw shade on his team mates & maybe a ball over the center field fence

Load Metric
    Was just a matter of time before Bauer started to throw shade on his team mates & maybe a ball over the center field fence

Trevor in a big market was always going to be interesting. He’s always been off, but on obscure teams. He generally reserved his trolling for guys not in his clubhouse. Given his contract weirdness with the opt outs, this should remain entertaining. Still has pitched well in general.

Load Metric

Trevor in a big market was always going to be interesting. He’s always been off, but on obscure teams. He generally reserved his trolling for guys not in his clubhouse. Given his contract weirdness with the opt outs, this should remain entertaining. Still has pitched well in general.
    Opt outs? He has opt outs? Never occurred to me. Why not, I suppose. In hindsight, he was given a gift from the Dodgers. He is never leaving.

David Price and Trevor Bauer on the same team makes me smile. This cannot end well.

Load Metric

Opt outs? He has opt outs? Never occurred to me. Why not, I suppose. In hindsight, he was given a gift from the Dodgers. He is never leaving.

David Price and Trevor Bauer on the same team makes me smile. This cannot end well.
    He has some weird contract where he can opt out after every season and they owe him like an extra $15 million. Then if he does it after some years, they owe him, but it can be deferred Bonilla style and paid over decades. Three year deal with kickers where they owe him more if he leaves.

Basically a bonus for taking a shorter deal as opposed to a 9 year Gerrit Cole type deal. He wanted flexibility to leave if he didn’t like it and they weren’t locked down.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

June 25th

36-44 -22.oo. friday 25 June

DET Tigers 06/25/2021 (04:10 PM) (Pending) Money Line +231 for the Game W. Peralta(action) F. Valdez(action)

MLB TOR Blue Jays 06/25/2021 (04:07 PM) (Pending) -1½ Runs -128 for the Game A. Manoah(must start) M. Harvey(must start)

ARI Diamondbacks 06/25/2021 (07:10 PM) (Pending) Money Line +230 for the Game

WAS Nationals 06/25/2021 (04:10 PM) (Pending) Money Line +120 for the Game. J. Lester(action) P. Lopez(action)

ADD: Colorado +234

Comments

Sanlmar: may god have mercy on your soul

Load Metric
    Just an aside….

This has been the weirdest MLB season and it’s not even close.

I am a loser now betting MLB and that hasn’t happened in my short ass MLB wagering career. I can’t figure out what the hell is going on. Look at those scores from yesterday

Is the MLB still checking for goo? I mean aside from the occasional perfunctory check when the pitcher comes off the mound? I’m not so sure the MLB cares as much now as when this started. Batters were getting hit at a good clip and there had to be pushback behind the scenes on several fronts.

Has the ball been changed again. Balls are fucking flying. I get it that it’s now summer and warm but this is suddenly ridiculous. We have had summer before. As recently as last year I recall.

If you can figure this out let me know.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    We don't hear him much on the West Coast, I must say Buck Martinez is easy on the ears when MLB Network goes to the Blue Jays game. Good work on your season bets Sanlmar! Don't fret on the downswings/break even swings lately. Your season bets show we got em in the long run. See as I'm typing 3 run rally SouthSiders.

Thread Information