Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    Lux @ short

Name:  A584D800-FBE7-4AAA-8207-BF7186D29FFB.gif
Views: 249
Size:  1.87 MB

Load Metric
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ow-answer-that

Lol, everyone gonna be mad at Bauer. Of course, Bauer himself has to readjust to pitching without the sticky stuff. At least he got paid already.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ow-answer-that

Lol, everyone gonna be mad at Bauer. Of course, Bauer himself has to readjust to pitching without the sticky stuff. At least he got paid already.

Bauer told you what he was gonna do. Nobody cared. He said fuck it and took a truckload of money from the Dodgers. He looked around the table and spotted the fish. He played fair.

From a bettor’s standpoint, things typically get start an order of magnitude harder this time of the season. A lot of questions have been answered and a big enough sample of data has been harvested. Lines are pretty sharp.

(It has been a retarded year this year. So typical hasn’t applied)

What’s fun is that all your old data may just be rendered trash. Fresh slate.

Cole’s next outing won’t have anything near sharp lines, for instance. “You’re all suspect”.

Deeee-licious
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-08-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bauer has continued to pitch well since those baseballs were confiscated and checked though.

I supposed it's possible he's just continuing to use the sticky stuff, until it's actually outlawed.

Something is probably going to happen soon, given the low batting averages.

Load Metric
    I am getting precariously close to hating MLB.

You can spend hours going down a rabbit hole exploring how bizarre the sport has become.

Maybe try to make sense of it before the public and maybe profit. Maybe just marvel at how utterly retahded the sport has become. It’s simultaneously fascinating and perverse.

I had the Brewers today. Glad they won. They are in 1st place with a .213 batting average (29th in the league). See? It’s ridiculous.

I saw Jackie Bradley Jr come up to the plate in one of my games. .160 average. That’s not especially noteworthy anymore.

The multiple daily blowouts are boring and offensive.

I liked baseball. I’m their demographic. I can snap delete them like I did the NBA and prolly not look back. They need to get right and do it fast.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-11-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Load Metric
    I am poised to have one of the best nights of the year - the above rant was not induced by gambling.

Load Metric
    I have two MLB packages that involve a laptop and a Firestick.

It’s dumb and a waste of money but I don’t really care enough to refine my setup.

I buy some data that I don’t fully utilize.

I’m leaking MLB revenue all over the place. Perhaps not for long.

Load Metric
    lol wow smells like something ranging between Gruyère & the Dodgers.

Load Metric
    speaking of .160, here's the Yasmani Grandal update, now after 44 games. His triple slash?

.160/.400/.429

Thats an OPS+ of 135. So two things from that:

1. a guy batting .160 has still produced 35% better than the average hitter.

2. a .160 hitter leads the league in walks

God help us.

Load Metric
    Lol Angels Diamondbacks

It’s extra innings so that’s another rant.

Diamondbacks want to remove the pitcher. Umpires and manager forgot he only pitched to 2 batters (new 3 batter rule). The bullpen replacement runs back to the outfield door.

The Diamondbacks pitcher hits the next batter on the next pitch fulfilling the 3 batter rule. The hit batter looks to be fucked up btw and leaves the game.

Load Metric
    Vladdy jr first to 20 homers.

Who was that smart lad who took over 25ish?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Vladdy jr first to 20 homers.

Who was that smart lad who took over 25ish?
    I’m holding 26½ HR
    Absolute theft in that little band box too.

Name:  61EE1726-324D-43BE-8B8D-BB933D8BB15B.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  79.8 KB

Come to think of it ..... you prolly told me to bet this - so thanks in advance

If Ohtani was a Jr. I woulda taken his HR over too.... alas

Load Metric
    Lulz

Since the SI story ran on June 4, Red Sox starters have an 8.20 ERA

Push the button tomorrow Simpdog
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-13-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Manfred will probably suspend Machine Gun Kelly 10 games.

Player safety

Load Metric
    Glasnow blaming his injury on the sticky ban.

Glasnow said, in advance of MLB's initiative, he did away with using sunscreen -- the only foreign substance he said he has ever used -- two starts ago and felt sore the next day due to needing to adjust his grips. He did the same in Monday's outing against the Chicago White Sox and then felt something "pop."

"I switched my fastball grip and my curveball grip," an animated Glasnow said on a videoconference with reporters. "I had to put my fastball deeper into my hand and grip it way harder. Instead of holding my curveball at the tip of my fingers, I had to dig it deeper into my hand.

"I'm choking the s--- out of all my pitches."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I went to the Dodgers game last night.

California oddly decided to wait a full month before authorizing a full reopening without restrictions. June 15 was the big day. This affected ballparks, cardrooms, and tons of other businesses operating under various heavy restrictions.

The Dodgers decided to throw two promotions into the mix, as well -- Justin Turner bobblehead night (June 15) and Mookei Bets jersey night (June 16). This was actually a

.. because these games were likely to sell out regardless, due to the sudden reopening of everything. Prior to June 15, the Dodgers had a much reduced capacity, and groups of 2 tickets were incredibly difficult to get (unless you wanted to get gouged big time on Stubhub).

They only had 25,000 Turner bobbleheads, which I knew would be snapped up super quickly. Despite that, I snagged two tickets for $98 each (including fees), for 4th row loge (2nd level). The loge is now the best level, due to the field level having the foul fence stretching most of the way, and it's tough to keep track of the ball when you're that close to it.

Here was my view

I have various tricks on side streets to avoid the traffic near the stadium. Unfortuantely, the Waze app has taught people some of my tricks, which almost nobody was aware of prior. (I say "almost nobody" because there were barely any cars doing what I did, up until about 2-3 years ago.) So today I had to find new ways around where Waze was sending people. Still, I did fairly well.

However, the parking was a complete clusterfuck. The big problem came from a bizarre requirement that you have to prepay for parking before you get to the stadium, and yet they didn't do a good job informing people of this.

How bad of a job did they do? I bought my tickets on Stubhub, and the only reason I realized this was because I went to go buy prepaid parking because it's cheaper. If it hadn't been cheaper in the past to get prepaid parking, I also would have missed this.

So I bought my prepaid parking, but tons of others didn't. So every lane said "PREPAID PARKING". The idiots at the parking company clearly knew that many people would show up believing they could pay for parking on the spot, because they still put credit card machines at all booths (to be swiped by attendants), but they still wouldn't accept cash. Because of COVID or something.

So guess what happened? People pulled up, expected to be able to pay cash to park, couldn't, and would sit there endlessly arguing. This would hold up the line, and anyone behind such people was fucked. The first car I saw in this spot was a white sedan, and we were literally stuck for 10 minutes until it moved. Finally, we moved up a few, only to have a pickup truck in the exact same predicament.

"This is white car, part 2", said Ben. He wasn't kidding.

Heaven forbid they tell these peopel to get out of line, and have some other employee go over there and deal with them. Nope. Just hold up the entire line.

Total clusterfuck.

Ended up missing the entire 1st inning thanks to both the traffic and this debacle. Obviously the bobbleheads were all taken.

I felt bad for Ben. I put the word out in the section that I would give $20 for someone to let go of theirs, and indeed some dude around 60 wasn't intrigued by a Justin Turner bobblehead, and quickly jumped at it.

So I had my Justin Turner bobblehead -- or at least Ben did, though I was $20 lighter for it, and I had one instead of the two I should have gotten for free.

At least the Corey Seager bobblehead in Ben's room can have company now.

Dodgers ended up winning 5-3, but no thanks to a boneheaded managerial decision to put in a scrub pitcher in the 8th, who promptly walked the first two batters he faced, and miraculously got out of it without further damage. I guess because the Phillies are big time chokers.

It was a hot, humid night in LA. Didn't feel like LA. Felt like I was watching the game in Philadelphia, at least weather-wise. Definitely the hottest night game I've ever attended at Dodger Stadium.

Funny how well Pujols is fitting in with the team -- all 44 years of him. He's back to starting with Bellinger on the shelf again. Dude is hitting .273, and has 5 HR in just 66 AB. This isn't even that surprising. I figured that once Pujols felt he no longer had to live up to his failcontract, he could relax and hit somewhat better. I wonder if he'll even squeeze out another year with the Dodgers, if this one finishes out well for him. Seems like the teammates like him, as well.

The way the Cardinals have been playing, they could use him back.

Comments

NickyPipes: Well spent $20, nice pic and post

Load Metric
    It’s 100℉ on the moon for Rockies/Padres Coors

Load Metric

Have to be subscribed to view (I think), but well worth it. Most common sense summary I've heard yet.

Bauer really is a national treasure.

Gold
    Load Metric
    White Sox beat the Rays 2 of 3, best AL Teams. Hope they meet in the playoffs for 7 games. Rays finally lost a series were 7-0-2 (lost to NYY betting series tho first 3 games last week).

Sox vs lefty pitching new auto bet. Beat 2 Rays lefties. Streak of 19-4 since last year be LHP. I like those black jerseys, tough team

Thinking Mets win the NL, though I hope not.

Thread Information