Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Young searles,

I didn't bother to look at what the Royals were projected to do this year. I do know that there was some excitement that their lineup was considerably better this year, and perhaps that would prevent them from being a failteam.

I don't know why you're going on about batting averages, because those are down in 2021. Only four teams are batting better than .247. Yes, you read that right. Go look it up.

The mediam team batting average right now is .231.

Mark my words, your pitching will be the problem this year, not your offense. The Royals won't have a bad year, and might even make the postseason, but they don't have the pitching to win in the playoffs, unless they acquire some, or unless some unheralded pitcher steps up.
    “The Royals pitching won’t be good unless it is.”Nice hedge Old Druff

Best record in baseball. Sit on that dick
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Surely young jsearles can't be trashing the Dodgers for a 15-8 record, when dealing with the injuries to multiple players, right?

The Dodgers indeed have a bullpen problem, but the Royals bullpen is worse.

The Royals are hitting well -- which was somewhat expected before the season -- but it just doesn't look like a team which will win in the playoffs. In fact, your team has just a +4 in run differential, which doesn't bode well for the future.

The team I don't understand is the Giants. They're just not that good. I can't imagine them holding up.
    I don’t understand the “young” Searles comment. Maybe start there? I’m sure it’s meant as an insult but I simply don’t get the joke.

For fancying yourself an mlb aficionado you’re sure wrong a lot. One of the Royals strengths is their bullpen. Much like it has been in the past. Sure they had a few bad games (when you bet on them). But overall they are very solid.

The Royals are also facing injuries. Adalberto Mondesi is the catalyst for this entire team and he hasn’t played yet. He will completely change their lineup when he comes back. Secondly super stud Bobby Witt Jr will be in the bigs this year. HeÂ’s just too good.

The Royals don’t have a starter hitting over .288. Jorge Soler is below the Mendoza line. Carlos Santana is only hitting .230. This team can actually get much better. I’m super excited for the rest of the season. This team was projected to go 72-90. I’m gonna go ahead and say the pundits were way wrong.

I’ll take your word on not being able to win in the playoffs. You’ve got a very long history of knowing what that looks like.

Got me sold Searless nice writeup. When is Mondesi expected back? Soler should get going and Sal Perez is a top 3 catcher. I'm on other side tonight but have bet Royals a lot and will continue to. The starting pitching is suspect but between Indians and Tigers those are weak lineups imo and you see them a lot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post

I don’t understand the “young” Searles comment. Maybe start there? I’m sure it’s meant as an insult but I simply don’t get the joke.

For fancying yourself an mlb aficionado you’re sure wrong a lot. One of the Royals strengths is their bullpen. Much like it has been in the past. Sure they had a few bad games (when you bet on them). But overall they are very solid.

The Royals are also facing injuries. Adalberto Mondesi is the catalyst for this entire team and he hasn’t played yet. He will completely change their lineup when he comes back. Secondly super stud Bobby Witt Jr will be in the bigs this year. HeÂ’s just too good.

The Royals don’t have a starter hitting over .288. Jorge Soler is below the Mendoza line. Carlos Santana is only hitting .230. This team can actually get much better. I’m super excited for the rest of the season. This team was projected to go 72-90. I’m gonna go ahead and say the pundits were way wrong.

I’ll take your word on not being able to win in the playoffs. You’ve got a very long history of knowing what that looks like.

Got me sold Searless nice writeup. When is Mondesi expected back? Soler should get going and Sal Perez is a top 3 catcher. I'm on other side tonight but have bet Royals a lot and will continue to. The starting pitching is suspect but between Indians and Tigers those are weak lineups imo and you see them a lot.
    Sorry to be a homer, but Salvy is the best catcher in baseball bar none. Who else you got above him?

Mondesi is at least a few weeks away. They are being cautious and probably more so with the hot start.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Sorry to be a homer, but Salvy is the best catcher in baseball bar none. Who else you got above him?

Mondesi is at least a few weeks away. They are being cautious and probably more so with the hot start.

Can't say you are wrong. Remaluto maybe and definitely not Sanchez.

Load Metric
    This Twins team has to be making you lose your mind gut. They have like every thing annoying going on as a fan. Most two out runs given up. Losing every close one and extra inning game. Tons of unearned runs. That ninth tonight giving up two runs with a ball not put in play in 40 minutes of walking guys. That Colome has to be one of the most annoying pitchers ever. Slowest dude ever on mound. Human rain delay. Twins were good last year. It’s early, just surprised how bad they look thus far.
    Last edited by BCR; 04-27-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Load Metric
    How’s it going Padre & Druff?

Lol

The +1000 was pizza money but it’s a lot of pizzas

No matter outcome fading Dodgers is just plain +EV

Name:  6A8668CC-8593-4233-817C-595522F7968D.jpeg
Views: 103
Size:  124.2 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Another blown lead by Los Doyers. Votto comes thru, please no Amir Garrett. I couldn't pass on +240

Comments

Sanlmar: Shut up Garrett

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    How’s it going Padre & Druff?

Lol

The +1000 was pizza money but it’s a lot of pizzas

No matter outcome fading Dodgers is just plain +EV

Name:  6A8668CC-8593-4233-817C-595522F7968D.jpeg
Views: 103
Size:  124.2 KB

Live bet +1000 haja love it. Lets close this game out Reds!

Load Metric
    Bullpen just not the same without Machine Gun Kelly.

Injuries and other assorted excuses.

Load Metric
    You on Giants, Padre?

I cannot believe I’m watching Daniel Bard close. Serious time tripping. He was a Boston phenom waaaaaaay back

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You on Giants, Padre?

No I have under 8. nfg

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You on Giants, Padre?

No I have under 8. nfg

Close to dead even after many wagers with Reds +240 left..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Sure would be nice to add one since we most likely see Garrett as Seager and Muncy due up. Where is BadGuy? Sweating a game is different when he is on a good one. Miss that guy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sure would be nice to add one since we most likely see Garrett as Seager and Muncy due up. Where is BadGuy? Sweating a game is different when he is on a good one. Miss that guy
    Let's just say I have a good idea why badguy is absent. And it has nothing to do with me or any of the drama here in 2021.

Anyway, Doolittle is on now. I'd rather see Garrett, given that I'm watching as a Dodgers fan, and not a bettor in this game. I already won my one MLB pick today (Tampa).

Load Metric
    Calling it drama is putting lipstick on a pig.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Let's just say I have a good idea why badguy is absent. And it has nothing to do with me or any of the drama here in 2021.

Anyway, Doolittle is on now. I'd rather see Garrett, given that I'm watching as a Dodgers fan, and not a bettor in this game. I already won my one MLB pick today (Tampa).

Don't say he's locked up.

Load Metric
    OMG

It’s Clayton Kershaw tomorrow. Somehow I missed this.

Clear my schedule.

Gotta push the over 7½ button given the bum the Reds are trotting out. Kershaw is good for some runs too. Both bullpens are rubbish.

Wish team totals were avail overnight. Only the special kids get to hammer that line out.

The only risk is that the Dodgers believe load management is more important than stopping the skid. That’s a legit concern.

Take the runline -1.5 +102 ...... I hate Runlines. I’m not a Dodgers guy but I like money. Keep it a standard unit. Scale into the over. It may actually see 7 cause people will just see Kershaw’s name and equate that with low scores.

Reds team total is a potential tasty treat.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-27-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    This Twins team has to be making you lose your mind gut. They have like every thing annoying going on as a fan. Most two out runs given up. Losing every close one and extra inning game. Tons of unearned runs. That ninth tonight giving up two runs with a ball not put in play in 40 minutes of walking guys. That Colome has to be one of the most annoying pitchers ever. Slowest dude ever on mound. Human rain delay. Twins were good last year. It’s early, just surprised how bad they look thus far.
    Yeah man, plus Covid outbreaks!

The decisions they made this offseason with the bullpen just confused me. Just being cheap while in the window of contention, I suppose that is classic Twins. At the same time, none of the guys who left signed gigantic deals elsewhere, MAYBE Trevor May was paid more by the Mets than we could "afford", but still. Didn't like the Colome signing at all and he has been a trainwreck.

Defense has been atrocious so far. Loved on opening day, sitting and watching new defensive savant signee Andrelton Simmons (don't get me wrong, I still like that signing) boot like the 4th play of his season. I was thinking "hey Polanco blew that playoff game last year the same way! Coulda just kept him at SS."

Most of this I will chalk up to small-sample size, and still am confident they will win the division. Maeda has been shaky, but Berrios and Pineda look great. Still have SP depth with Dobnak and Smeltzer if anyone gets hurt. Buxton is playing like the superstar he was projected to become, although he keeps being as fragile as ever. I don't care about my homerism here, he is the most exciting player in baseball right now, IMO. Nelson Cruz is the Tom Brady of baseball right now.

If the bullpen remains the biggest real issue, thats the easiest, and cheapest, thing to fix come trade deadline.
    Last edited by gut; 04-28-2021 at 01:41 AM.

Load Metric
    OMG

It’s Clayton Kershaw tomorrow. Somehow I missed this.

Clear my schedule.

Gotta push the over 7½ button given the bum the Reds are trotting out. Kershaw is good for some runs too. Both bullpens are rubbish.

Wish team totals were avail overnight. Only the special kids get to hammer that line out.

The only risk is that the Dodgers believe load management is more important than stopping the skid. That’s a legit concern.

Take the runline -1.5 +102 ...... I hate Runlines. I’m not a Dodgers guy but I like money. Keep it a standard unit. Scale into the over. It may actually see 7 cause people will just see Kershaw’s name and equate that with low scores.

Reds team total is a potential tasty treat.
    Lotta luckbox at the end to go over. Runline will not become a habit.

Playing the Dodgers like a stringed instrument all season. I am now self certified as an authority again in 2021.

Load Metric
    So the Dodgers were recently the second worst team in obs vs fastballs.

Bet you can’t tell me who is #1 against the fastball, young Searles? That’s right. Royals.

Shake that money-maker. They gotta be one of the most profitable teams this year.

Red Sox vs deGrom was a wise guy play today and I just didn’t do it. Run Line was the sharp play. Sigh.
    I do have a deGrom NL Cy Young. IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE IOTA WHAT HIS WIN/LOSS IS. FREAKING HISTORIC STUFF.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-28-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Thread Information