Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Braves being at home for 4/7 is a joke. Dodgers finished 18 games (!!) ahead of the Braves in the standings. It's just outrageous how they fuck the wildcard like this. At least this year's idiocy might bring forth some long needed changes. Here's how it should be:

Two wildcards play 3-game series, not 1-game.

Team with best record in league plays the team with the worst record in ALDS/NLDS.

Team with best record always has home field advantage.

There's no point to reward the division winner with the additional home game anymore, because the lack of having to play the wildcard "series" is already a huge reward.
    Suck a fat one was as well…win your division and reap the rewards. What if the Braves had an all around harder schedule and the Dodgers had cupcakes in the west, obviously not the case this year.
    Teams don't play enough with their own division compared to others to make a tremendous difference. Also, this year was the opposite -- the NL East was the lolbad division, whereas the NL West had 2 great teams, one .500-ish team, one below-average team, and one terrible team.

The wildcard team was not given home field in the past because they wanted division titles to mean something. Okay, well now they do. You get to skip the wildcard game. Time to restore home field to what it should be.

Load Metric
    Players voted against the expanded wild card. It appears you are alone on this, Druff.

I like the do or die, balls out aspect. There was once a day when there was no wildcard. You fought like a fuck at the end of the season in the same do or die fashion. We can go back to that too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Cause Betts is your best player.
    Win or lose, Betts is The Man. Might be the best performance by a Dodger I’ve ever seen.
    I agree, Mookie is the man. Many are unaware that Mookie is a professional in 2 sports. He also is a professional bowler. He bowls several events on the PBA tour.

Growing up, I was one of the top youth bowlers in my state. Then in my early 20’s I lost interest.

Betts has at least ten 300 games.

The issue with professional bowling is unless you are one of the top 3 bowlers in the world you are not making any real money. After expenses (traveling cost, entry fees, ect.) 90% actually lose money. The best sponsorship deals only pay for your equipment. No one watches bowling anyway, so they can’t get lucrative sponsors anymore like in the 70’s and 80’s. In this day and age the prize pool is similar to a poker tournament where it is funded my entry fees. It may be entry fees plus another 50% from the ad revenue they get from fox sports to televised the championship match, but it’s not much at all. Participants definitely do it for the love of the game - not money.

Here is a 300 he bowled on tour...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-300-pba-event
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 10-15-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gotta give them credit at Minute Maid Park, playing Tom Petty's "The Waiting" while reviewrs were being conducted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Win or lose, Betts is The Man. Might be the best performance by a Dodger I’ve ever seen.
    I agree, Mookie is the man. Many are unaware that Mookie is a professional in 2 sports. He also is a professional bowler. He bowls several events on the PBA tour.

Growing up, I was one of the top youth bowlers in my state. Then in my early 20’s I lost interest.

Betts has at least ten 300 games.

The issue with professional bowling is unless you are one of the top 3 bowlers in the world you are not making any real money. After expenses (traveling cost, entry fees, ect.) 90% actually lose money. The best sponsorship deals only pay for your equipment. No one watches bowling anyway, so they can’t get lucrative sponsors anymore like in the 70’s and 80’s. In this day and age the prize pool is similar to a poker tournament where it is funded my entry fees. It may be entry fees plus another 50% from the ad revenue they get from fox sports to televised the championship match, but it’s not much at all. Participants definitely do it for the love of the game - not money.

Here is a 300 he bowled on tour...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-300-pba-event
    Calm down, Big Ern McCracken.

Comments

PositiveVariance: Haha... Good one!

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

Players voted against the expanded wild card. It appears you are alone on this, Druff.

I like the do or die, balls out aspect. There was once a day when there was no wildcard. You fought like a fuck at the end of the season in the same do or die fashion. We can go back to that too.

aye. wild card is bush league, starting w/a man on 2nd base is T-ball....

be men.

Load Metric
    Kike is the hottest hitter on the planet

Load Metric
    Astros pitching is a hot mess.

Name:  00E1D662-09D8-4925-BA40-B76D3C1CAAAA.jpeg
Views: 162
Size:  42.3 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sick of this terrible Madonna commercial over and over….who would pay for Paramount Plus…awful.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers clutch hitting has been shit tonight.

Funny how both teams scored quickly and answerd back, then both teams hit a solo HR with answer back. Since then silence.

Sanlmar definitely can't complain about the 2021 Dodgers bullpen, amirite?

How do you feel about Price being left off the roster, despite the need for starting pitching?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Bunting pollock to 3rd…meh.

Shame Barnes can’t hit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bunting pollock to 3rd…meh.

Shame Barnes can’t hit.
    Dodgers honestly don't have a very good bench. I really wish they picked up someone like Rowdy Tellez for cheap. This becomes even more problematic given Muncy's absence. Lux is pretty much the only bench player who is any good. Pujols would somewhat be therer too (even at age 44), but he keeps having to start.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I wonder if drunken Braves fans wake up the next day wondering why their arm hurts after doing that tomahawk chop all night.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is what happens when you blow scoring chance after scoring chance.

Load Metric
    Sanlmar definitely can't complain about the 2021 Dodgers bullpen, amirite?
    Absolutely not. This year I tip my cap. I’m stunned how the Dodgers pitching coaches have turned trash into treasure with Kelly & Bickford. All of these relief pitchers are better as Dodgers. They did not go out and just buy this pen. Respect.

I have grave concerns about Scherzer. Three of his last four outings simply were not good. His command is declining and that’s usually a sign of being arm tired. Long season going full Max. His last outing was stunning. I do not know where that came from. We will see

Scherzer does need to go deep in his typical old school fashion cause the Dodgers pen no matter how good will be ruined for the rest of the series if they gotta do heavy work after this bull pen day Saturday

Braves Ian (Jethro Tull) Anderson could get rocked. We will see how good his off speed stuff is cause too many fastballs and see ya later.

I took the over 7.5 tonight. No juice. It’s a no brainer as public sees the Scherzer name on the outside of the box and don’t bother to open the package. I could be wrong with my Scherzer concerns and still win with these two offenses.

I’d take Dodgers team total over too somehow but it’s not available to me now.

No sides.

Oh yeah, Kike is still playing unconscious. What the hell. Not just good but he will be historic before he is done. Kike always killed me when I faded Dodgers in the old days. Always had respect.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-16-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Load Metric

Suck a fat one was as well…win your division and reap the rewards. What if the Braves had an all around harder schedule and the Dodgers had cupcakes in the west, obviously not the case this year.
    Teams don't play enough with their own division compared to others to make a tremendous difference. Also, this year was the opposite -- the NL East was the lolbad division, whereas the NL West had 2 great teams, one .500-ish team, one below-average team, and one terrible team.

The wildcard team was not given home field in the past because they wanted division titles to mean something. Okay, well now they do. You get to skip the wildcard game. Time to restore home field to what it should be.
    I agree with Druff on this one, because there is a chance this year we see the real hypocrisy in the current setup.

So the LCS's happening now, like he mentioned, if you are a wild-card team you are automatically the low seed. However, once it moves on to the World Series, it reverts to most regular season wins gets home field! High odds this will happen this year, where a wild card team has home field over a division winner in the WS. If its either Dodgers-Astros or Red Sox-Braves, the wild card team will have home field.

IMO, you keep the divisions/imbalanced schedules for rivalries, but for playoffs its just top 5 teams in the league, sorted by wins, regardless of division.

Load Metric

Back in the day the Dodgers wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

I don't think the wildcard teams should get more home games....they barely squeaked in.

Load Metric
    One can only speculate what must be going thru Kershaw’s mind when he watches Scherzer?

What a competitor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This one hurt.

Up 4-2 in the 8th. Can't let that get away.

Braves make two idiotic baserunning decisions and get away with it.

Load Metric
    LA 570AM will be like a suicide hotline if you like radio and schadenfreude .

Thread Information