Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    He was killing the Angels. Unwatchable. Angels are like a new team now.
    Not really. They've lost 4 in a row and are the same without him, going 3-6 since he left.

Load Metric
    Let’s get something straight cause it’s important. I wrote about my love of Bauer long before LA got him. They don’t deserve him.

This video is great for so many reasons. Glimpses of pregame which is pretty rare, I think. The high quality of production. Does Bauer have a Sirius Srsly “guy”? I doubt it cause he’s pretty sharp on his own.

I hate picking on people for how they look but Dustin May. Sheesh.

Speaking of pranks. Lux to shortstop? My sides. A player who shouldn’t even be in the Show and he’s possibly gonna be starting shortstop for the Dodgers.

Comments

gut: entertaining, didnt know he was vlogging the season

Load Metric
    They just showed Dave Roberts giving Floro his World Series ring. Floro is now with today’s Dodger opponent (and likely winner) , the Marlins.

The ring looked the same as a regular World Series ring even though it was just a 60 game tournament.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Let’s get something straight cause it’s important. I wrote about my love of Bauer long before LA got him. They don’t deserve him.

This video is great for so many reasons. Glimpses of pregame which is pretty rare, I think. The high quality of production. Does Bauer have a Sirius Srsly “guy”? I doubt it cause he’s pretty sharp on his own.

I hate picking on people for how they look but Dustin May. Sheesh.

Speaking of pranks. Lux to shortstop? My sides. A player who shouldn’t even be in the Show and he’s possibly gonna be starting shortstop for the Dodgers.
    Lux made a great play in 8th inning at short

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Lux made a great play in 8th inning at short
    I saw it. It’s a play a real good High School player might make on rare occasions. The great players make great plays almost routinely. Lux is not that guy

You are also seeing this with the Joe Davis soundtrack in the background. I understand. I have more insight than you realize regarding Druff’s and others perception of the Dodgers. He is not alone.

There was also an incident at the conclusion of the game where Yimi Garcia threw a baseball at the Dodgers dugout and Turner threw it back at the Marlins dugout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers are having their gay night again on June 11.

They've been doing this for like 10 years, so it's not news. However, a few years ago I accidentally attended one of these nights, which was unlikely to happen because I only attend on average 2 regular season games per year. Usually I go once ealry season, once mid-late season, and then once for each round of the playoffs they make.

Anyway, I took Benjamin to one of these games, and noticed a surprising number of gay and lesbian couples around me. I didn't think much of it until I started hearing the loudspeaker going on regarding "pride night", and I realized I was attending the sole Gay Dodgers game for the year.

Ben was like 7 at the time, so I didn't bother explaining any of this to him.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Verdugo just crushed another one, then JD Martinez back to back. AL East stacked with offense Who everybody like to win the division?

NL Central I'm liking Brewers

AL West Houston

NL East is a tossup

Getting ready to bet some futures on Division winners. Any input appreciated

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Verdugo just crushed another one, then JD Martinez back to back. AL East stacked with offense Who everybody like to win the division?

AL West Houston

NL East is a tossup

This season is so wonky who the hell knows. I've had to stop watching Twins games for my own health.

If I had to bet futures, I'll take the Mets in NL East. In first place now with the worst offense in baseball. They wont end with the worst offense in baseball.

AL East a real toss-up. No faith in Bostons pitching holding up. I like Toronto the best, but also kind of rooting for them so I'm jaded.

NL central I still feel betting against the Cardinals is like betting against Tom Brady.

Load Metric
    Any stat nerds following the craziness that is Yasmani Grandal's season thus far? He is hitting .139, with a 127 wRC+! That is about impossible to do.

35 walks in 29 games. The 11 hits he's had, they are 5 homers, 2 doubles, 4 singles.

Gives him a triple slash of .139/.397/.354. An above average offensive production for a catcher, while batting .139. He's 8th among regular catchers thus far in wrc+.

Hilarious

Comments

Dan Druff: wow

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

AL West Houston

NL East is a tossup

This season is so wonky who the hell knows. I've had to stop watching Twins games for my own health.

If I had to bet futures, I'll take the Mets in NL East. In first place now with the worst offense in baseball. They wont end with the worst offense in baseball.

AL East a real toss-up. No faith in Bostons pitching holding up. I like Toronto the best, but also kind of rooting for them so I'm jaded.

NL central I still feel betting against the Cardinals is like betting against Tom Brady.
    Dom Smith is a curoisity.

For years the Mets mishandled him. I was one of the people who believed that he'd perform if given a chance to regularly play.

Well, in 2020, he got that chance, and he performed! .316 average, .916 OPS, 10 HR.

Now he's back to not performing, and it's unclear why. Right now OPS is .632 and he has just 2 HR in about 2/3 of the AB he had last year.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    In the year of the no hitter 3 more outs for Kluber to get his.

Load Metric

AL West Houston

NL East is a tossup

The Twins having having to fly Minnesota to Anaheim tonight for a double header on Thursday followed by flying to Cleveland for a Friday game is brutal scheduling quirk

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

Recall David Cones Yankee No hitter in 1990...wowza..
    Long run w/o a No Hitter for Yankees.....

was nice to see....

Load Metric
    In the year of the no hitter 3 more outs for Kluber to get his.

6 no hitters this year. Sea, Cle, Texas been no hit twice each. That seems statistically improbable
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    giants 28-16 and in 1st place...wow

their pitching has been outstanding on all levels
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    pretty sure the offense being down and all these no no's are attributed to the new "sock like" ball being used. MLB wanted to speed up the game, they've now done that. are you happy....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    pretty sure the offense being down and all these no no's are attributed to the new "sock like" ball being used. MLB wanted to speed up the game, they've now done that. are you happy....lol
    My fantasy team, as a whole, is hitting .265 so far. That is 5th best in my league out of 12.

10 years ago, you could make an entire waiver wire team that could hit .265.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Any stat nerds following the craziness that is Yasmani Grandal's season thus far? He is hitting .139, with a 127 wRC+! That is about impossible to do.

35 walks in 29 games. The 11 hits he's had, they are 5 homers, 2 doubles, 4 singles.

Gives him a triple slash of .139/.397/.354. An above average offensive production for a catcher, while batting .139. He's 8th among regular catchers thus far in wrc+.

Hilarious

Thanks for the info that's wild.. When he was with Padres he was considered one of the best pitch framers. Is he still a positive on defense?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

Hard to get swept in a DH

Angels nice Home Prices slight dog /slight Fav

Cant look at Yanks final. I shut at BTM 9th....winning 2-0.... ; 0/

Load Metric
    Did I mention that Joe Kelly sucks balls?

Thread Information