Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Yankees in covid hell right now.

Including Judge who was at the allstar game....
    The late pitching and lineup questions across the whole card has me wondering what the fuck cause you had the whole All Star Game break to get your shit in order and your players were ‘laxing out and pounding beers so again WTF with all these changes

I also have a nagging suspicion MLB will try to bury this ….. it took forever to get the news yesterday about the Sawks Yankees.

I think this is a more widespread concern

I’m sooooo close to fading the Dodgers @ Coors somehow. 11.5 total. Urias the ace…. He’s gonna get hammered. Dodgers gonna get Danny Duffy and Druff and Sizzle do a merger?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-16-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I also thought Rockies might be a decent bet, they are good at home historically bad on road

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fun game going on in Atlanta, Braves vs Rays. Ball flying out of park tonight, first time I’ve been able to watch a game in a while, took the Rays plus money, very sick guy to bet on Michael Wacka but I can not dedicate the time if I did not get some action come on

Load Metric
    Good vs Evil

Shohei Ohtani distributed all of his $150,000 Home Run Derby winnings to around 30 Angles support staffers. Trainers, clubhouse workers and media relations employees

Ohtani’s base salary this year is $3m

The Dodgers are paying Trevor Bauer $1.5m a WEEK

Comments

BCR: Nice story. Kid is a gem.

Load Metric
    The Indians did the Clase/Karinchak flip again after Clase blew the ninth last night.

Smart move. Karinchak is better mentally suited. He’s just better also.

He’s nuts, but not scared. He has the same goofy grin when he comes in and gets them 1-2-3 or gives up a run and gets third out with bases jammed. Kid is off his rocker in a beautiful way. Every night is a bullpen start. We took like 18 pitchers out of 21 in draft. Not quite Angels, but close. Dewine negotiating 15 year Progressive extension from state level. They need the help. . Need to stock up on pitchers as we aren’t going to have $ any time soon.

Load Metric
    Guns and sports was kinda inevitable

Padres Nats

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Guns and sports was kinda inevitable

Padres Nats
    More details:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...2-shot-stadium

Tatis bolted from the field. He may be down for freaky sex with weird chicks from Instagram, but not gunfire.

Load Metric
    Alex Verdugo is prolly not someone you should fuck with.

Yankees fans throw a ball at him in the outfield. Verdugo looks like he wanted to take them on.

I was switching between games and returned to see the umpires trying to calm Verdugo down. It was very strange not knowing what had happened.

I have very few original thoughts so I must admit I have heard it said that Alex Verdugo is playing better than Mookie Betts. WRC+ and all that witchcraft says otherwise but no one in Boston is mourning the loss of Betts at the moment. I literally have NEVER heard words of regret.

It feels like Kike Hernandez is leading the league in defensive runs saved too.

You gotta wonder why the Dodgers do any deals with the Red Sox? Right?

The Sawks Yankees game was complete chaos and a miscarriage of sports. Not quite Dodgers Padres

Load Metric
    More in-depth report on Zobrist. What a cunt that wife seems to be. Gotta be like -125 that one of the central people in this story is dead within 5 years.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...5vy-story.html

Load Metric
    LA fans boo’ing Kenley Jansen. 1.47 ERA and all that. He gave up a 2-1 lead in the 9th. It’s the Giants not the Rockies.

But jeez. You boo the rival not the home team.

Natives are restless.

You have my attention.

Todger stadium has 5 tiers behind home plate. There is maybe one other stadium that high. When the crowd boos it washes over the pitcher like no place else.

I’ve descended into a degenerate Dodger junky. I can’t stop.

The boos cascaded down from the upper deck in Dodger Stadium and seemed to get louder with every step manager Dave Roberts took toward the mound in the ninth inning Wednesday night.

In a scene with a soundtrack that was all too familiar and painful, Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen was jeered in his home stadium after failing to hold a one-run lead in a 4-2 loss to the San Francisco Giants, preventing the Dodgers from gaining a share of first place in the National League West.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-21-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Rays trade for Nelson Cruz, a nice addition. Rays can hit some home but a true slugger is a nice addition. Interested to see what additional trades happen

Load Metric
    Kenley Jansen is doing his thing again. Comes in LAD 3-1

Oh, the boos

Unbelievable … another blown save

Giants 5-3 top of 9th

Jansen is boo’d off the field.

Jansen is gonna need police security
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-22-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Who do you think will win the American League?

The playoffs will be very stacked.

You know Pipes is backing the Rays, could be Rays v Astros ALCS again

What’s up with that catcher from Chicago White Sox?

Quit baseball for a day? Posted it on his social media?

The kid was just venting but this is unheard of and a pathetic emotional outburst. What is he doing? Pipes has a consultation business for guys just like him, I wonder why he hasn’t called?

It’s sad. Haven’t been following didn’t know he crashed down to the minors. Seems rough to send him down he was doing that poorly? I wouldn’t have sent him down they did not read his personality well apparently. Look fellas reading the room is a part of the game in every industry in the highest level.

Load Metric
    Rays are so fun to watch around this time of year. Working in that front office takes some creativity. Bought Nellie from my team (enjoy him, guy is the Tom Brady of baseball, still hits like he is 31), then today they sell off Rich Hill to the Mets for an interesting prospect.

It really is poetic justice that the biggest heist they pulled in recent years was with the Pirates. Two teams operating on similar budgets, 1 of them MUCH better at it than the other one.

Load Metric
    re: who wins the AL...... still going to be trades happening next week, but I think that if the White Sox get Robert and Jimenez back before playoffs, they are going to be a very tough out.

Comments

NickyPipes: Hope they are healthy for the post season, if so I agree Sox are tough as anyone

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Rays are so fun to watch around this time of year. Working in that front office takes some creativity. Bought Nellie from my team (enjoy him, guy is the Tom Brady of baseball, still hits like he is 31), then today they sell off Rich Hill to the Mets for an interesting prospect.

It really is poetic justice that the biggest heist they pulled in recent years was with the Pirates. Two teams operating on similar budgets, 1 of them MUCH better at it than the other one.
    Not sure I get the Rich Hill trade

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

They are always buyers and sellers. Mets want to give up their 4th rd pick from last year who also can play catcher for Hill? Fuck it, thats value.

Also guessing they think Baz might be ready for a call-up soon.

Load Metric
    Opening up a roster spot for Bauer. Dodgers eat salary.

Tampa has a thriving BDSM community

Cleveland Rockers woulda been a great name. Guardians sounds like MLS soccer.

Just remembered Tampa Bay nut job pitcher and racist John Rocker.

Comments

NickyPipes: Lol it actually does brother

gut: lolz
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-23-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

They are always buyers and sellers. Mets want to give up their 4th rd pick from last year who also can play catcher for Hill? Fuck it, thats value.

Also guessing they think Baz might be ready for a call-up soon.
    I guess so brother but Tampa Bay is a bit light on starting pitching with Glasnow out. Team ERA is good but need couple solid starters for post season and Rich Hill has been pretty good and causing Dan Druff financial despair

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nelson Cruz hit a homer in his Rays debut. As he rounded the bases Druff wiped away tears while mumbling “but he’s on roids”

Comments

BCR: Calling your shot

Sanlmar: silencing the lambs

Thread Information