Ddogers back in first, way faster than I thought they would be. Giants lost 5 of 6 when playing the class of the other divisions. The Dodgers, in the meantime, choked off 2 of 3 versus the Rockies (fail), but swept the Braves to make up for it.

Turner/Scherzer is easily the most impactful midseason addition to the Dodgers in my lifetime. This one excited me far more than acquiring Yu Darvish or Manny Machokedo in the past. And remember Brian Dozier? Oy vey.

But these two really made impact, especially with the Dodgers facing so many SP injuries. Without Scherzer, they'd have two competent starting pitchers right now. When Bellinger and Barnes are sitting, the lineup has zero holes. Betts, two Turners, Seager, Pollock, Taylor, Muncy, Smith... all of them a threat.

I think SF is finally starting to crack. It couldn't last forever. Zaidi made some smart moves, some old guys were playing over their heads, and somehow they were always doing just enough to win. They're a very good team, but not on the level of the Dodgers.

Sorry, San, but this is a team which is going to have a decent shot to repeat.