Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    and just like that, Scherzer to Padres.
    Tatis MVP tickets hit the floor

Scherzer is the best player on the Padres now.

Load Metric
    Cueto could go complete game win vs Dodgers.

I had lost faith

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Royals are in a really weird spot. They always had eyes on competing in 2022. The young pitchers are crucial to that coming to fruition. They actually have a good to great lineup if the top players perform to their expected levels.

Early on the young arms were atrocious. And Soler and Dozier hit .150. They fell over 20 games under. But the last two weeks the advanced projections are coming to fruition. The young arms seem to be finding it. 8 of last 9 games have been quality starts. They’ve won all 8.

I just don’t see who they should move. Dozier hitting .375 the last month. Soler back to his 49 HR form. Salvy is a stud, Santana been great. Whit Merrifield is above average. Even Michael Taylor has been serviceable. Probably our best pure player (Mondesi) has been hurt most of the year. Duffy is a foundation piece to the rotation. Keller, Bubic, Kowar, Singer all young and not going anywhere. Bobby Witt Jr is a top 5 prospect who will see time this fall. Same goes for Nick Prato.

You heard it here first. KC 2022 could be major contenders. I just don’t see a rational deadline deal this year.
    yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing. Santana or Duffy are the only expirings that make sense. Moore is such an old school GM though. I'm surprised Duffy hasn't already gotten an extension for much more than he is worth.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Royals are in a really weird spot. They always had eyes on competing in 2022. The young pitchers are crucial to that coming to fruition. They actually have a good to great lineup if the top players perform to their expected levels.

Early on the young arms were atrocious. And Soler and Dozier hit .150. They fell over 20 games under. But the last two weeks the advanced projections are coming to fruition. The young arms seem to be finding it. 8 of last 9 games have been quality starts. They’ve won all 8.

I just don’t see who they should move. Dozier hitting .375 the last month. Soler back to his 49 HR form. Salvy is a stud, Santana been great. Whit Merrifield is above average. Even Michael Taylor has been serviceable. Probably our best pure player (Mondesi) has been hurt most of the year. Duffy is a foundation piece to the rotation. Keller, Bubic, Kowar, Singer all young and not going anywhere. Bobby Witt Jr is a top 5 prospect who will see time this fall. Same goes for Nick Prato.

You heard it here first. KC 2022 could be major contenders. I just don’t see a rational deadline deal this year.
    yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing. Santana or Duffy are the only expirings that make sense. Moore is such an old school GM though. I'm surprised Duffy hasn't already gotten an extension for much more than he is worth.
    Santana is signed thru 2022. Duffy is a 10/5 guy who can decide what he wants. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he resigns and plays his whole career here. He’s a Royals guy. They stuck with him through a lot (dwi. Death of his best friend Ventura, etc).

Comments

gut: doh! didnt realize it was a 2 year for Carlos
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Gold
    Load Metric
    I like this Reds team. Too bad they couldn’t have Bauer for another year. Ohio girls like it rough and are much less likely to press charges than a Cali girl. Bauer should have considered this

Load Metric
    and just like that, Scherzer to Padres.
    Look at Padres attendance. Not bad, hard to judge this year with Covid. Would be bad during normal times. Look at local cable deal. Similar to Indians and appears locked in for decades. Once again I become convinced they are a front for the Tijuana cartel.

Comments

gut: complimentary fentanyl buffet in the boxes

Load Metric
    lol and Duffy to the Dodgers!

and maybe not Scherzer to the Padres? Hot stove is hot!

Not liking either of those when it comes to Berrios, best prospect haul probably would come from either of those two teams, although Blue Jays have good pitching prospects to offer.

Havent read anything yet, but now guessing Berrios to jays.

Load Metric
    lol and Duffy to the Dodgers!

and maybe not Scherzer to the Padres? Hot stove is hot!

Not liking either of those when it comes to Berrios, best prospect haul probably would come from either of those two teams, although Blue Jays have good pitching prospects to offer.

Havent read anything yet, but now guessing Berrios to jays.

Dodgers never play the trade deadline game.

Every Dodger phone call will start with their dwarf catching prospect Keibert Ruiz. That’s not happening.

Duffy … why?

Kimbrel is the ONLY closer that would allow Dodgers to have a conversation with Kenley Jansen about pitching the 8th that wouldn’t end in turmoil. Jansen has to honor Kimbrel. There would be little shame. Those two would be a frightening combination in the playoffs.

I say they stand pat
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-29-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Load Metric
    Nats had a 7-0 lead & just lost 11-8.

Scherzer has to be headed to the airport

Load Metric
    I’ve posted about Dodgers prospect Keibert Ruiz …. He’s the lynchpin. Dodgers playoff chances hinge on this.

I’m drawing my drapes now and rocking back and forth in the dark.

The Dodgers are going to be vastly different looking next year. This is a last shot at a title. They have never committed before though.

This would be the first time a team has ever had 4 Cy Young on the payroll at the same time

Gold
    Load Metric
    Wow that would be a huge trade for the Dodgers. They should easily win the National League but I hope they don’t

Why did the Rays trade Castillo? Must like the prospect they got back, sometimes I don’t understand but they are usually right

Yankees added heavy if Rizzo goes through. Two big bats to add wonder what their plan is with lineup kind of awkward now with Stanton as well?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Wow that would be a huge trade for the Dodgers. They should easily win the National League but I hope they don’t

Why did the Rays trade Castillo? Must like the prospect they got back, sometimes I don’t understand but they are usually right

Yankees added heavy if Rizzo goes through. Two big bats to add wonder what their plan is with lineup kind of awkward now with Stanton as well?
    Yankees are spewing chips. There was no point to Rizzo

Gold
    Load Metric
    Yes brother it is a confusing move. Perhaps they were on tilt after the beat down from Tampa

Load Metric
    Druff is going to be insufferable.

I had a good run

I’m going to have to go into hiding.

Load Metric
    Dodgers addressed their multi year deficiency at shortstop

It’s all pretty amazing if true.

I’ll let Druff enjoy the rest of his summer. Nothing to be negative about. I suspect Druff’s had a tough time lately. Be well & much love.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, huge if this goes through.

Dodgers may regret shipping Gray/Ruiz down the line, though. Guess they have confidence in Will Smith.

Still need bullpen help.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Red Sox gets Schwarber

Huge additions being made at the deadline

How do you feel about it? It’s basically all big market teams making huge, big time big money additions

It should make for a stacked and exciting playoffs and it’s interesting to follow the rumors and trades but I am not sure how I feel about it

Putting aside the fact my personal favorite team is Tampa Bay, only a certain few teams are in a position to make these types of additions. Yankees and Dodgers can sell off their minor leagues because they know they can rely on free agency to add missing pieces in future, while a team like Tampa is trading away contributing players for future prospects while being in the divisional race with teams adding

Brothers please don’t see this as bitching, it’s observing two very different strategies, both which I can appreciate. You have to respect teams putting it all on the line to make huge additions while they have a realistic chance to win the World Series. These windows don’t always appear and while you have a chance, you have to make a push for it. In all aspects of life fellas not just pro sports!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Druff is going to be insufferable.

I had a good run

I’m going to have to go into hiding.
    Druff ain’t going to crow, because he’s seen the Giants. They are a solid team with no weaknesses. If the Dodgers have to play a one game playoff against the Padres, at least they can now start Scherzer.

Load Metric
    Damn, Washington got punked. Twins got two top 100 prospects for Berrios, same that they got (+ 2 throw ins) for BOTH Scherzer and Turner. I'm completely fine with that Berrios return. Both the kids are close to MLB ready, although the pitcher has struggled a bit in AA this year.

The Chicago teams apparently lose common sense when in the running. Few years back, the Sox ripped off the Cubs trading Quintana. Now the Cubs got revenge sending them Kimbrel and somehow getting Nick Madrigal (+ an mlb reliever!) for him. Unbelievable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some Dodgers fans are unhappy they dumped Ruiz, but I knew for a long time that he was going to be traded. Will Smith has established himself as a top hitting catcher, and even though his defense isn't great, he's definitely here to stay. They're not going to ship him away and try Ruiz, who is well regarded but still of unknown effectiveness in MLB.

Scherzer is a rental, but could choose to stay with the Dodgers. He's 37, though, and doesn't have very long before he falls off a cliff.

Turner, under team control through the end of 2022, is actually the bigger get here. He not only will be with the team longer (and semi-cheap), but the Dodgers now have insurance in case Seager goes elsewhere next year. So they get to try out Turner for over a year before deciding whether to try and keep him, and at the same time, they're in less of a difficult position regarding re-signing Seager.

Seager, by the way, is just about to come back from injury. Both he and Trea Turner have injury issues, though Seager seems to be worse.

I assume the plan is to move Gonsolin to the bullpen, and then Price as soon as Kershaw returns. Right now it's a collection of fail minor leaguers and has-beens, which is a pretty sad sight for a team fo this stature.

Playoff rotation will be:

Scherzer
    Buehler
    Kershaw
    Urias

Pretty good.

Thread Information