Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    When I look at the Indians lineup, I see 4 legit major league caliber hitters, and that’s just for any team, not a contender. Maybe two crack a playoff lineup. Being so broke and needing to worry about service years and delaying eventual paydays, I think the triple-A team might have a better lineup than the Indians do.

We sent down 3 guys who are far superior to the guys we kept up. We need a new ownership group in the worst way. Our pitching staff is going to lose their minds this year. The O/U was set right at 81. I have no desire to root against my team all year, so it didn’t interest me, but I’m going to be shocked if they reach 81 wins given the division got better and they have to play the usual schedule of wealthy East and west coast teams unlike last year.

Really tilting to watch good pitching and they can’t scratch them out even 3 or 4 runs. On the bright side, even with reduced capacity, I’ll be able to catch games with premium seats for $50. I laughed at the 25% capacity rule when it emerged. Given our projected lineup, I thought to myself 25% under any rules seemed optimistic.

Load Metric
    First game of the season and the lolmets are back like nothing ever changed.

DeGrom - 6.0IP 3H 7SO 0R

Mets lose 5-3

Load Metric
    Shohei Otani is my new favorite MLB player. A pitcher who bats second for the first time in the majors since 1903 and rips a huge homer.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Been calling this one since last year, Bauer already being looked at by MLB for doctoring the balls.

Maybe the Dodgers can recoup some money once his spin rate gets forcefully dropped back to normal and he becomes a 4.50 ERA guy again.

Load Metric
    deGrom update:

2G 14IP 21SO 0.64ERA

0-1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    deGrom update:

2G 14IP 21SO 0.64ERA

0-1
    Mets gonna Met.

BTW in my fantasy draft, he got bid up to $47, which is really high for a pitcher. I was the one who bid $46, my brother went to $47, and I let him go. So I am happy to see him fail to get Ws.

You also failed to mention that the loss was against the Marlins.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    deGrom update:

2G 14IP 21SO 0.64ERA

0-1
    Mets gonna Met.

BTW in my fantasy draft, he got bid up to $47, which is really high for a pitcher. I was the one who bid $46, my brother went to $47, and I let him go. So I am happy to see him fail to get Ws.

You also failed to mention that the loss was against the Marlins.
    Karma for that bullshit walk-off HBP win by the Mets the other night.

Comments

MrTickle: karma deserved

Load Metric
    ugh, the Dodgers World Series jerseys

as last years world series winner, the Dodgers can add a gold border to the lettering and numbers on their uniform for this year. They've worn jerseys with the border this opening weekend to celebrate the championship. But the resulting combination of blue and gold reminds me of UCLA's colors. I hope the Dodgers go back to the regular uniforms after this weekend, it's one of the best uniforms in baseball.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    ugh, the Dodgers World Series jerseys

as last years world series winner, the Dodgers can add a gold border to the lettering and numbers on their uniform for this year. They've worn jerseys with the border this opening weekend to celebrate the championship. But the resulting combination of blue and gold reminds me of UCLA's colors. I hope the Dodgers go back to the regular uniforms after this weekend, it's one of the best uniforms in baseball.
    Agree. Super tacky.

Load Metric
    The Indians aren’t a good team. They’re in first but they’ve played the Tigers and the Indians will be a .500 team that struggles to hit all year.

But, this fucking closer we got in Kluber trade, Clase, throws the ball so fucking hard. Everything is at 100 and movement. Dude got suspended the entire first year for 80 game PED thing. Completely baffling why he thought he had to cheat with his arm, or else he’s still cheating? Would be insane to still be given he hasn’t got paid shit yet.

I could understand at 33, but he’s only 23. He has just sick stuff and is among the hardest throwers I’ve seen in the league.

Load Metric
    Indians just got no hit. They went down 6-0 in first and I wasn’t even paying attention despite having them on with sound off watching Hulu until my buddy texted me and said he hoped we could break up perfect game. Guy hit Perez on backfoot with backfoot slider and lost perfect game, but got no hitter.

Remember when they used to be a big deal and they’d break into live coverage if one got close? Strange how irrelevant they are now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If the Dodgers starting pitchers can keep up pitching this well, and if the team remains healthy, it could end up being the best Dodgers team ever.

I realize they've played a ton against the Rockies in the early going, but they really look excellent.

Bullpen is the only questionable spot right now, especially if Jansen keeps closing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Indians just got no hit. They went down 6-0 in first and I wasn’t even paying attention despite having them on with sound off watching Hulu until my buddy texted me and said he hoped we could break up perfect game. Guy hit Perez on backfoot with backfoot slider and lost perfect game, but got no hitter.

Remember when they used to be a big deal and they’d break into live coverage if one got close? Strange how irrelevant they are now.
    MLB network covered it live.

Comments

BCR:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

MLB network covered it live.
    That makes sense. I never watch that network. Used to be they’d cut into an NBA game or anything on ESPN, but I think we reached the point where it feels overly common. It had been a week since the previous. I just remember what a big deal it was growing up.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Ronald Acuña Jr. is on another level. He’s so insanely good and exciting to watch. I remember when Gut said right after he was called up he could be a replacement level player. Lol.

Anyways it’s a shame the rest of the Braves team is playing god awful right now. I was worried there would be some regression this season from people like Fried and Ozuna but this team has some issues. Still way too early to panic but they need they have no depth other than SP.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Ronald Acuña Jr. is on another level. He’s so insanely good and exciting to watch. I remember when Gut said right after he was called up he could be a replacement level player. Lol.

Anyways it’s a shame the rest of the Braves team is playing god awful right now. I was worried there would be some regression this season from people like Fried and Ozuna but this team has some issues. Still way too early to panic but they need they have no depth other than SP.
    Fortunately the Phillies are dysfunctional and the Mets are the Mets, so you guys have a lot of opportunity to turn this around. It's not like the Padres and Dodgers are in your division.

Load Metric
    Tonight in San Diego, it begins!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Fortunately the Phillies are dysfunctional and the Mets are the Mets, so you guys have a lot of opportunity to turn this around. It's not like the Padres and Dodgers are in your division.
    I agree. Braves will be fine. I think they’ll win the division. Mets overrated, Phillies are good but as stated a mess. Marlins not bad but not as good as Braves. Braves line up is so legit

Load Metric
    2 teams in the league haven’t lost a series. The real and fake Dodgers.

The Royals win 3 of 4 vs Toronto this weekend. Salvador Perez has a walk off pick off Thursday. Saturday Salvy hits a walk off bomb. Sunday Salvy hits another HR that accounts for the total score in a 2-0 win.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Lol, I had to look up what I wrote. I was referring to the fact that they were playing him in LF instead of CF. Defensive contributions are much less in left, so you need a big bat to justify the spot. Now he's in right, a little bit more important.

Doesn't matter either way now, as he is easily one of the top 5 hitters in the game.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Yeah was just giving you shit; you didn’t exactly say what I posted

Thread Information