Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

excuse me Druff but me and 95 yr ol hal from the Bronx got AZ +187. gotta grab the +$$$.........at times... yr a real fan. I say that. Loyal Blue.

well sure was a lotta action for +187.....a loser a loser tho.. gd job LA....I just cannot bring myself to Lay the lumber....
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 05-20-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Did I mention that Joe Kelly sucks balls?
    He needs a pitching lesson from Bauer. Several ... perhaps the unlimited plan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Joe Kelly does suck balls, but the existing Dbacks offense sucks even worse. They got shut down by Wells, Nelson, and a gaggle of relievers, aside from Kelly.

Let's just hope that Roberts stops using him in any kind of close game.

Load Metric
    Degrom pitched in single A on Thursday. Against 20 year olds....major leaguers can barely hit him.

deGrom's final line ended up being 3 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks and 8 strikeouts with 41 pitches. The lone baserunner reached thanks to an error at second base; otherwise it was three perfect innings with one ball put in play. deGrom's team for the night, the St. Lucie Mets, eventually won 7-0.

Good stories for all those hitters to tell their grandkids later in life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Degrom pitched in single A on Thursday. Against 20 year olds....major leaguers can barely hit him.

deGrom's final line ended up being 3 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks and 8 strikeouts with 41 pitches. The lone baserunner reached thanks to an error at second base; otherwise it was three perfect innings with one ball put in play. deGrom's team for the night, the St. Lucie Mets, eventually won 7-0.

When you read stories like these, you realize how hard it is to be a Major League hitter.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, if you've been jonesing to go to a baseball game, but don't want to pay the insane prices you've been seeing, good news:

Capacity is opening up.

Various stadiums are announcing both the removal of mask mandates and expansion of capacity. Even Dodger Stadium should be at full capacity by June 15.

So you're probbaly better off waiting, unless you wish to pay extra to have nobody in your immediate area around you (which I admit is a plus).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers up 2-1 after 7.

Amazing how the Giants have been this good. Some of it came through unexpected performances like Buster Posey, who all of a sudden has turned back time and his hitting like an MVP.

That made what was going to be an unexciting series to be something very big. Giants have the best record in baseball. Dodgers trying to catch them.

Bauer did a good job. So far he's been worth the money.

Load Metric
    I like baseball but they need to make a few changes.

Get rid of the runner on 2nd rule. Earn a fucking run to win in extra innings.

Restore full games for doubleheaders. What kind of pussy shit is that.

Get rid of the DH.

Raise the mound to where it was before 1969.

Comments

shoeshine box: 100%. Preach. MLB u greedy slobsssssssss

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I like baseball but they need to make a few changes.

Get rid of the runner on 2nd rule. Earn a fucking run to win in extra innings NOT HAPPENING PLAYERS LOVE IT.

Restore full games for doubleheaders. What kind of pussy shit is that. NOT HAPPENING PLAYERS LOVE IT

Get rid of the DH. NOT HAPPENING PLAYERS LOVE IT

Raise the mound to where it was before 1969. MOUND IS BEING LOWERED AND MOVED BACK A FOOT
    \

any other ideas ?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    DET Tigers 05/22/2021 (01:10 PM) (Pending)
    Money Line +131 for the Game M. Boyd(action) B. Singer(action)

Baseball - MLB
    TB Rays 05/22/2021 (04:37 PM) (Pending)
    Money Line +102 for the Game S. McClanahan(action) R. Ray(action)

Load Metric
    Scott Kazmir starting today for the Giants, first MLB action 5 years after injury forced quasi-retirement. Always enjoy stories like that, hope he sticks around for a bit.

Load Metric
    San, our boy had his first bad outing of the year. I blame myself. It’s one of the few games I’ve missed this year as I was watching golf. Just watched the replay this morning. I’ll give him a pass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    San, our boy had his first bad outing of the year. I blame myself. It’s one of the few games I’ve missed this year as I was watching golf. Just watched the replay this morning. I’ll give him a pass.
    Karinchak's nearly untouchable run ends for a day

These stats are 'silly': Karinchak a 'weapon'
    https://www.mlb.com/news/james-karin...ndians-bullpen

Check out the baseball savant stats in the above article. You will rarely, if ever, see those

And of the 101 pitchers who have gotten at least 100 swings against their four-seamer this season, none have a higher whiff rate on those swings than Karinchak, at 39.1%.

Karinchak has been among the best in the game in a number of categories. He's in the 100th percentile in strikeout percentage. He's in the 99th percentile in xwOBA, xERA and xBA, all expected statistics. He drops a little bit in expected slugging, to, well, the 98th percentile. Whiff percentage? He's in the 96th percentile. In other words: nearly any way a pitcher can be measured in 2021, Karinchak has been right near the top, which made Sunday's blowup all the more jarring.

Load Metric
    You following the Ohtani story?

I had Oakland kinda big yesterday. Oakland led 4-0 and the Trout-less Angels are trash. The only thing the Angels have is Ohtani and they wanted to rest him. I saw him come off the bench and I knew he was gonna be heroic. Fuck.

game-tying pinch-hit deep sacrifice fly in the seventh inning of an eventual 6-5 win over the A's. Like some Hollywood script.

Every day his AL MVP odds drop another 50 points. Yet I don’t think baseball casuals really know the story and how historic this is. If he spoke American-gangsta like Tatis - Ohtani would be all anyone was be talking in the sports world.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You following the Ohtani story?

I had Oakland kinda big yesterday. I saw him come off the bench and I knew he was gonna be heroic.

game-tying pinch-hit sacrifice fly in the seventh inning of an eventual 6-5 win over the A's

Every day his AL MVP odds drop another 50 points. Yet I don’t think baseball casuals really know the story and how historic this is. If he spoke American-gangsta like Tatis - Ohtani would be all anyone would be talking in the sports world.
    Yes, even though I’m Indians-centric, I follow this kid. He dropped a bunt down against the Tribe last week and I told my buddy if I didn’t love this kid already. Our fast .187 slap hitters can’t get a bunt down and think they are above it and this kid drops one down leading the league in homeruns. Love him. Great story. Heard Trout discussing his poise from day one made me like him even more.

Load Metric
    Go figure, the one game of the series I was able to watch was where we lost in extras.

Enjoyed watching Maeda (hurt, now we know) vs Bieber. But goddamn its scary vs that Indians team going to the 8th tied up knowing theyre trotting out Clase and then Karinchak...and we have.....shit.

Shit (aka Colome) lost it that game. Was glad to see the homer on Karinchak the next day though.

Regardless, the Clase & 'chak combo at the end is really terrifying.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Go figure, the one game of the series I was able to watch was where we lost in extras.

Enjoyed watching Maeda (hurt, now we know) vs Bieber. But goddamn its scary vs that Indians team going to the 8th tied up knowing theyre trotting out Clase and then Karinchak...and we have.....shit.

Shit (aka Colome) lost it that game. Was glad to see the homer on Karinchak the next day though.

We just brought this kid up. Another 24 year old from our Dominican Republic pipeline. Our dugout is basically Little Santo Domingo.

First game was that game you were blowing us out 10-0, but he struck out 5 in 2.1. Came in and looked like he had sick stuff again tonight. Throws 98, nasty curve. Big kid. It’s really early, but for any fantasy keeper guys, he looks like he might have a bright future. If we find a middle innings guy to go with the 2 you mentioned, it’s going to be really sick.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/40421

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

We just brought this kid up. Another 24 year old from our Dominican Republic pipeline. Our dugout is basically Little Santo Domingo.

First game was that game you were blowing us out 10-0, but he struck out 5 in 2.1. Came in and looked like he had sick stuff again tonight. Throws 98, nasty curve. Big kid. It’s really early, but for any fantasy keeper guys, he looks like he might have a bright future. If we find a middle innings guy to go with the 2 you mentioned, it’s going to be really sick.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/40421
    I mean....not a surprise. Fucking Twins need to steal some notes from the Cleveland pitching development. You guys keep pumping out studs, MN has 1 Berrios and 10 Swarzaks from the last decade.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

When you read stories like these, you realize how hard it is to be a Major League hitter.
    It strikes me as the hardest thing in sports that I follow by a wide margin. Where you make the hall of fame for failing 70% of the time. I was always a good athlete, not the best at anything, but like top 25 in a class of 800 boys in junior-senior class in all sports outside track.

I was a great defensive catcher, great arm, once the kids started getting up around 80, I was helpless at the plate and couldn’t pull anything. I’d hit some pool cue shots to right.

I’ll occasionally step into the major league cages when I’m with kids, and I’m lucky to foul off a few, and that’s probably set at 85. That’s off speed shit for major leaguers. I can’t even turn to bunt and do that with 50% accuracy.

It’s not age. I was the same at 30. It’s the hardest thing in the world. How guys consistently make contact guessing on off speed shit mixed with fastballs is a marvel to me. Like I watch Jose Ramirez at 5’8 probably 175 turn on inside shit and drop it in the right field stands and just think I couldn’t do that at any point in my life if I tried my hardest every day from 6-30 to master it. It’s just a skill I was never going to have. It truly is amazing.

Load Metric
    Blue Jays rookie Alek Manoah pitching well in his debut vs the Yankees.

Would be a nice addition to the starting rotation. Maybe grab one more pitcher via trade and then some bullpen help.

Thread Information