Thread: Freak accident: Trail derailment after midnight spills coal, crushes two 19-year-old girls trespassing on bridge

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Freak accident: Trail derailment after midnight spills coal, crushes two 19-year-old girls trespassing on bridge

Train derailments are nothing new, and neither are deaths resulting from them, but this one is just weird.

Two 19-year-old girls, Rose Mayr and Elizabeth Nass, snuck onto the train's bridge in Ellicott City, Maryland after midnight and were tweeting photos from there.

First Rose tweeted "Levitating", showing a picture with their feet dangling off the bridge, making it appear they were rising in the air on their own:

Then came another picture, looking down Main Street. Apparently the last tweet was boasting of drinking on top of the train bridge.

The girls had their backs to the train, and it derailed just as it was passing them. One of the cars spilled tons of coal, and both girls got buried and killed.

Aside from being a tragic story, it's also highly improbable. When a train derails after midnight, it's almost certain that nobody is going to be in the path of derailment, provided that the train doesn't travel further and hit houses, cars, etc that are off the tracks. These were probably the only two people near the tracks anywhere in the train's entire path at that time, and the train happened to derail right where they were sitting.

It would be like sitting on the side of a 1000-mile road with only one car traveling on it, and that one car skidding out of control and hitting you.

Also interesting is what occurred afterwards on Twitter.

Someone went on Rose's account and protected her tweets: http://twitter.com/r0se_petals

Someone simply deleted Elizabeth's twitter, perhaps because the name "@LizNassty", which is a play on her name Elizabeth Nass, might give people the wrong impression of her: http://twitter.com/LizNassty

Here are the two girls:

Load Metric
    :splash
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I can see being crushed if this landed on you.

Load Metric
    Talk about running bad...
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I can see being crushed if this landed on you.
    Coaltrain.

I see what you did there.
    Last edited by Belly Buster; 08-22-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Being a retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information