Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 135

Thread: New trend in advertising?

  1. #41
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1037
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

    Again, I am bothered by the SJWism and virtue signalling of an ideology shoved in my face.
    Who's shoving it in your face?

    You're assuming that interracial couples are in commercials for the purpose of advancing an agenda and virtue signalling. The truth is, it's just a couple. To avoid being considered SJWs in your eyes, they would have to stick to only same-race couples. You saying this is racist, whether you think it is or not.

     
    Comments
      
      desertrunner: Never said it was racis, you did.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  2. #42
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1037
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Not that I give a shit, but I used to fuck this chick who had a white mother and a black father, there was no SJW or ideology involved, she was just smoking hot.
    Jizz is colorblind.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  3. #43
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6348
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,786
    Blog Entries
    2
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.

    I do laugh at the commercials depicting lesbians, because while also sometimes interracial (love that intersectionality!), it's almost always the case that both are feminine, attractive, and under 40. Butch lesbians are pretty much invisible in corporate marketing, even in ads specifically designed to appeal to the woke market. We're supposed to be impressed that they'll depict lesbians in ads, but apparently we're not ready yet to see what a lesbian couple really looks like.

    Anyway, none of these ads offend me. I just think they're lame. I've never cared who people choose to date. Just sell the product to me, not your politics, or your willingness to portray nontraditional couples.

  4. #44
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1037
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.

    I do laugh at the commercials depicting lesbians, because while also sometimes interracial (love that intersectionality!), it's almost always the case that both are feminine, attractive, and under 40. Butch lesbians are pretty much invisible in corporate marketing, even in ads specifically designed to appeal to the woke market. We're supposed to be impressed that they'll depict lesbians in ads, but apparently we're not ready yet to see what a lesbian couple really looks like.

    Anyway, none of these ads offend me. I just think they're lame. I've never cared who people choose to date. Just sell the product to me, not your politics, or your willingness to portray nontraditional couples.
    But would you say that showing a white/white couple in an ad is virtue signalling to win the business of whites who don't approve of interracial relationships? If not, why wouldn't you say that? I doubt you would say that because it just seems "normal" to show a white/white couple in an ad, that's the way it's always been. But that is latent racism whether you realize it or not. The point is that the couple in the ad is "normal" no matter what race they are. It should not be remarkable that they are of different races.

    When the original Star Trek showed the first interracial kiss on TV, many southern stations refused to air the episode. Desertrunner claims it is an SJW agenda to show interracial couples in ads, but showing only white/white couples in ads or on tv for decades was ALSO enforcing an agenda and a worldview.

    The basic point is that when desertrunner sees an interracial couple on tv he is suspicious of the motive behind it. He thinks it is shoving a social agenda down his throat. That's racist. Not white hoods and fire hoses racist, but it is racist.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  5. #45
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6348
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,786
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.

    I do laugh at the commercials depicting lesbians, because while also sometimes interracial (love that intersectionality!), it's almost always the case that both are feminine, attractive, and under 40. Butch lesbians are pretty much invisible in corporate marketing, even in ads specifically designed to appeal to the woke market. We're supposed to be impressed that they'll depict lesbians in ads, but apparently we're not ready yet to see what a lesbian couple really looks like.

    Anyway, none of these ads offend me. I just think they're lame. I've never cared who people choose to date. Just sell the product to me, not your politics, or your willingness to portray nontraditional couples.
    But would you say that showing a white/white couple in an ad is virtue signalling to win the business of whites who don't approve of interracial relationships? If not, why wouldn't you say that? I doubt you would say that because it just seems "normal" to show a white/white couple in an ad, that's the way it's always been. But that is latent racism whether you realize it or not. The point is that the couple in the ad is "normal" no matter what race they are. It should not be remarkable that they are of different races.

    When the original Star Trek showed the first interracial kiss on TV, many southern stations refused to air the episode. Desertrunner claims it is an SJW agenda to show interracial couples in ads, but showing only white/white couples in ads or on tv for decades was ALSO enforcing an agenda and a worldview.

    The basic point is that when desertrunner sees an interracial couple on tv he is suspicious of the motive behind it. He thinks it is shoving a social agenda down his throat. That's racist. Not white hoods and fire hoses racist, but it is racist.
    It is kind of an SJW agenda, though. It's just one more for profit than activism.

    It's not like they are doing the casting and happen to pick the two people who read best for the part, and they happen to be a black guy and a white woman. They set out to cast it that way, for no other reason than to show that they are edgy and tolerant. But since that's kinda old hat at this point, the new "let's show a nontraditional couple" vritue signal involves gay/lesbian couples.

    Now, if there's a reason in the context of the commercial to show a gay couple, that's totally fine (such as a PreP ad), and it's also fine if the choice happens organically. If the choice is to make a political point (or get business from those who want to see a political point), that's on the lame side.

    I don't think it's racist to show a white/white couple. That's just a casting choice based upon the demographics of the product/service being sold, just like casting a black couple. Or sometimes they'll run several ads, with actors of different races, so they can relate to everyone. That's also not virtue signaling.

    But this really is more virtue signaling, because the intended target audience is woke liberals who will be impressed by it, rather than similar nontraditional couples. Anything performative to pander to white liberals is really annoying.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    What I’ve seen lately are ads for a black man and white woman. I assume this is the hot trend, but I don’t see real life reflecting this trend in my local area. More of a national thing or trend?

    So is this the hot new thing now? I also never agreed that white guilt should be the foundation for a relationship. This is not a racial thing, if you like or love a person, fine, but don’t make political or past history the foundation or reason why.

    Your problem is that you see this as abnormal, which is racist.

    I understand though. Every time I just want to sit down and watch a football game I am assaulted by truck commercials trying to shove a white redneck agenda down my throat.
    That is funny, when I sit down to watch a football game I see a bunch of snack food and beer commercials, where a potpourri of guys of different races are all hanging out together having a good time, despite the fact this isn't really how most people socialize in real life. It amuses me more than anything, but even Fox (channel 11 Fox) leans much more "woke" than "redneck" with their advertising from what I can tell. I live in So Cal so it is possible there is some regional bias too.

    I am not sure what redneck agenda you are seeing, because I am not seeing it. Maybe 10 years ago. But today, even a lot of truck commercials are "going woke" and showing fantastical storylines of women into buying trucks, which is would guess is more about signaling than trying to tap an interested market.
    Last edited by Kalam; 12-29-2020 at 05:27 AM.

  7. #47
    if you use 'signaling' un-ironically in an analysis of literally anything, your parents and community have failed you, utterly.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  8. #48
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Reputation
    855
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.

    I do laugh at the commercials depicting lesbians, because while also sometimes interracial (love that intersectionality!), it's almost always the case that both are feminine, attractive, and under 40. Butch lesbians are pretty much invisible in corporate marketing, even in ads specifically designed to appeal to the woke market. We're supposed to be impressed that they'll depict lesbians in ads, but apparently we're not ready yet to see what a lesbian couple really looks like.

    Anyway, none of these ads offend me. I just think they're lame. I've never cared who people choose to date. Just sell the product to me, not your politics, or your willingness to portray nontraditional couples.
    So they are not casting attractive white couples? Just your average looking american? Give me a fucking break.

     
    Comments
      
      Texter: Valid point...who casts ugly people in commercials
    BIG MASSIVE DUMPS

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.
    There is a type of signaling happening here, but it's not the virtuous kind. The point of diversity in ads is not to win over guilty white liberals, but to sell to minorities and cast a wide net.

    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are exactly the same thing. But one brand became associated with women, so the other was marketed aggressively at men. As a result many consumers drink the version that corresponds to their gender, as stupid as that is.

    If your clothing brand mainly features black people in its advertising, then white people will obviously feel like it's not for them. Not a whole lot of white people wore Fubu in the 90s.

    Believe it or not, other demos can be influenced similarly. There are more black people and women drinking Budweiser and Coors now than there were 40 years ago, when it was culturally more of a white dude thing.

    Diverse ads are simply trying to convey, at a subconcious level, is that "this brand is for you too". Most people won't even notice it, except for retards like desertrunner who are a shrinking percentage of the populace.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: That this post was Even necessary is a sad commentary
      
      Texter: Diet and Coke Zero are not exactly the same
      
      sonatine: Coke Zero and Diet are exactly the same
      
      Cerveza Fria: Diet Coke and Coke Zero are the same - Caramel flavored battery acid with harmful chemical sweeteners.
      
      adamantium: they are not the same over here
      
      gimmick:
      
      Kuntmissioner:

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.
    There is a type of signaling happening here, but it's not the virtuous kind. The point of diversity in ads is not to win over guilty white liberals, but to sell to minorities and cast a wide net.

    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are exactly the same thing. But one brand became associated with women, so the other was marketed aggressively at men. As a result many consumers drink the version that corresponds to their gender, as stupid as that is.

    If your clothing brand mainly features black people in its advertising, then white people will obviously feel like it's not for them. Not a whole lot of white people wore Fubu in the 90s.

    Believe it or not, other demos can be influenced similarly. There are more black people and women drinking Budweiser and Coors now than there were 40 years ago, when it was culturally more of a white dude thing.

    Diverse ads are simply trying to convey, at a subconcious level, is that "this brand is for you too". Most people won't even notice it, except for retards like desertrunner who are a shrinking percentage of the populace.

    to whit; if you alienate 100 parlertards who feel that ads are safe spaces where caucasian heteronormality is a rule, but successfully create 200 non-retarded customers in the process, thats the naked face of profit. and again not to put too fine a point on your message but there are diminishing returns at bar; if youve been catering to fragile white males for 40 years, chances are all the fragile white males who might be interested in your product have already made up their minds about it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  11. #51
    This advertising trend isnít unique to the U.S.

  12. #52
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Reputation
    855
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,358
    Wonder if the new beard will have Druff buying a RAM after watching the superbowl commercials?
    BIG MASSIVE DUMPS

  13. #53
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Reputation
    855
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,358
    or are these legal on the 405?

    BIG MASSIVE DUMPS

  14. #54
    Post Restricted limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1378
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North
    Posts
    13,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    Advertisers/retailers main goal is to sell to everyone. That includes guilty white liberals, non guilty white conservatives, social justice warriors, members of the KKK and white supremacists. There is no political agenda when you are selling.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.

    I do laugh at the commercials depicting lesbians, because while also sometimes interracial (love that intersectionality!), it's almost always the case that both are feminine, attractive, and under 40. Butch lesbians are pretty much invisible in corporate marketing, even in ads specifically designed to appeal to the woke market. We're supposed to be impressed that they'll depict lesbians in ads, but apparently we're not ready yet to see what a lesbian couple really looks like.

    We're talking about TV advertising here. Whatever role an actor is cast in they are chosen in part because of
    their looks. Not surprisingly you mention what a real lesbian couple looks like (lol) Commercial actors depicting any group are chosen because they can act and are camera friendly.


    Anyway, none of these ads offend me. I just think they're lame. I've never cared who people choose to date. Just sell the product to me, not your politics, or your willingness to portray nontraditional couples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    It is kind of an SJW agenda, though. It's just one more for profit than activism.

    It's not like they are doing the casting and happen to pick the two people who read best for the part, and they happen to be a black guy and a white woman. They set out to cast it that way, for no other reason than to show that they are edgy and tolerant. But since that's kinda old hat at this point, the new "let's show a nontraditional couple" vritue signal involves gay/lesbian couples.

    Now, if there's a reason in the context of the commercial to show a gay couple, that's totally fine (such as a PreP ad), and it's also fine if the choice happens organically. If the choice is to make a political point (or get business from those who want to see a political point), that's on the lame side.

    They're selling soap.

    I don't think it's racist to show a white/white couple. That's just a casting choice based upon the demographics of the product/service being sold, just like casting a black couple. Or sometimes they'll run several ads, with actors of different races, so they can relate to everyone. That's also not virtue signaling.

    But this really is more virtue signaling, because the intended target audience is woke liberals who will be impressed by it, rather than similar nontraditional couples. Anything performative to pander to white liberals is really annoying.

    The intended target is the buying public, not your woke liberals, your right wing wackos etc.
    Name:  pope.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  32.7 KB
    call out ignorance at every opportunity

    Have a good day
    Never Forget

    ďI got this whole board running tilt and all I did was use logic, fairness and critical thinking.Ē
    desert boy

  15. #55
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1037
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.
    There is a type of signaling happening here, but it's not the virtuous kind. The point of diversity in ads is not to win over guilty white liberals, but to sell to minorities and cast a wide net.

    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are exactly the same thing. But one brand became associated with women, so the other was marketed aggressively at men. As a result many consumers drink the version that corresponds to their gender, as stupid as that is.

    If your clothing brand mainly features black people in its advertising, then white people will obviously feel like it's not for them. Not a whole lot of white people wore Fubu in the 90s.

    Believe it or not, other demos can be influenced similarly. There are more black people and women drinking Budweiser and Coors now than there were 40 years ago, when it was culturally more of a white dude thing.

    Diverse ads are simply trying to convey, at a subconcious level, is that "this brand is for you too". Most people won't even notice it, except for retards like desertrunner who are a shrinking percentage of the populace.
    Exactly. This guy gets it.

    Except Diet Coke and Coke Zero aren't the same. They taste different. Diet Coke is marketed to women because women want to feel like they are changing for the better. Coke Zero with its "real Coke taste" is marketed to men because men want to feel like they do not have to change for the better.

     
    Comments
      
      BlunderMaker: Coke Zero rep
      
      dwai: they both taste like shit
      
      desertrunner: Hunter Biden does coke.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  16. #56
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6348
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,786
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The interracial couples in advertising go pretty far back. That was the earliest form of trying to fake virtue signal, so as to win the business from middle/upper class guilty white liberals.

    "Rick" is correct that corporations are mostly soulless, and simply use a process to determine what will increase their bottom line. If it's calculated that portraying an interracial couple using their product will win more new customers than they'll lose, then they do it. Target is a good example of this. They are often on the forefront of pseudo-woke corporate moves, and I've seen the Facebook liberals eat it up.
    There is a type of signaling happening here, but it's not the virtuous kind. The point of diversity in ads is not to win over guilty white liberals, but to sell to minorities and cast a wide net.

    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are exactly the same thing. But one brand became associated with women, so the other was marketed aggressively at men. As a result many consumers drink the version that corresponds to their gender, as stupid as that is.

    If your clothing brand mainly features black people in its advertising, then white people will obviously feel like it's not for them. Not a whole lot of white people wore Fubu in the 90s.

    Believe it or not, other demos can be influenced similarly. There are more black people and women drinking Budweiser and Coors now than there were 40 years ago, when it was culturally more of a white dude thing.

    Diverse ads are simply trying to convey, at a subconcious level, is that "this brand is for you too". Most people won't even notice it, except for retards like desertrunner who are a shrinking percentage of the populace.
    This isn't addressing any of the points I raised, though. The above sounds more like a seminar given to corporate marketing teams in 1960, regarding why it's smart to include nonwhite people in ads.

    Of course you need to feature a diverse array of ads in order to appeal to a wider customer base. But not a single person here is questioning that.

    Black people make up like 13% of the US population, so making them feel excluded in your advertising would be a huge mistake. However, black-white couples still make up a small percentage of the population, as do lesbian couples. There's far more acceptance of them than in the past, but the sheer number of them just isn't that high. Thus, if you're a major corporation attempting to make an ad just to appeal to black-white couples, that money is going to be wasted.

    However, the money isn't actually wasted, because of the virtue signaling I was talking about. If featuring a black/white couple or a lesbian couple captures those small market segments AND gets the attention of woke white liberals (who make up a large segment), then it's money well spent.

    That's why it's being done.

    If a product is intended to appeal to both black and white people, they can do it in much easier ways, such as showing several people using it together, with some black and some white. Or they could run two separate commercials -- one with a white couple, one with a black couple. There's nothing wrong with depicting an interracial couple in a commercial, but again, I'm asserting it's mainly being done to win woke points with guilty white liberals, NOT to get black people using the product. In fact, a lot of black women don't like seeing black men and white women together, so such an ad would repel them, not attract them to the product.

    Again, I realize these are all marketing strategy decisions, and are designed to maximize profit. That's why I'm not saying it should stop. I'm also saying that people are foolish if they don't believe that many of these ads are actually aimed at impressing the white woke crowd.


    Oh.. and diet soda is terrible, and is much worse for you than regular soda.

  17. #57
    Silver Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    152
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    What Iíve seen lately are ads for a black man and white woman. I assume this is the hot trend, but I donít see real life reflecting this trend in my local area. More of a national thing or trend?

    So is this the hot new thing now? I also never agreed that white guilt should be the foundation for a relationship. This is not a racial thing, if you like or love a person, fine, but donít make political or past history the foundation or reason why.


    First thing that comes to mind when I saw this was...



  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Except Diet Coke and Coke Zero aren't the same. They taste different. Diet Coke is marketed to women because women want to feel like they are changing for the better. Coke Zero with its "real Coke taste" is marketed to men because men want to feel like they do not have to change for the better.
    Both drinks are flavored with aspartame and phosphoric acid. That you believe one or the other has more of a "real Coke taste" is a testament to their marketing efforts lol

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Except Diet Coke and Coke Zero aren't the same. They taste different. Diet Coke is marketed to women because women want to feel like they are changing for the better. Coke Zero with its "real Coke taste" is marketed to men because men want to feel like they do not have to change for the better.
    Both drinks are flavored with aspartame and phosphoric acid. That you believe one or the other has more of a "real Coke taste" is a testament to their marketing efforts lol
    Coke Zero has acesulfame potassium which is a fake sugar that isnít in Diet Coke....I know they are not exactly the same as Coke Zero will give me the shits.

  20. #60
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    6348
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,786
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Except Diet Coke and Coke Zero aren't the same. They taste different. Diet Coke is marketed to women because women want to feel like they are changing for the better. Coke Zero with its "real Coke taste" is marketed to men because men want to feel like they do not have to change for the better.
    Both drinks are flavored with aspartame and phosphoric acid. That you believe one or the other has more of a "real Coke taste" is a testament to their marketing efforts lol
    Looks like there is a difference between them: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coke-...b00bb8ff3875d9

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. poker stars advertising in NJ
    By FRANKRIZZO in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2020, 03:05 AM
  2. Alarming trend in fast food drive thru's
    By Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 11:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
  4. Question about uniques/advertising value
    By NaturalBornHustler in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 05:14 AM