Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Trade official

The Nets are trading for All-NBA star James Harden and sending four first-round picks and four draft swaps to the Rockets
    Kyrie stays. WTF are they thinking? This is gonna be the gift that keeps on giving.

6 or 7 games together max and the NY Post sports page will turn epic
    They better hope they learn to get along or that Kyrie just sits out this year.

Rockets might be really good by 2026 if they tank the next 2-3 years and have all those picks.

Load Metric

Kyrie stays. WTF are they thinking? This is gonna be the gift that keeps on giving.

Rockets might be really good by 2026 if they tank the next 2-3 years and have all those picks.
    I took Knicks +155 half unit in celebration. This is so dumb.

Load Metric

If the Rockets let fans back in, they should run a free Big Mac promo if you get to see a catastrophic injury during the game.

Wall, Cousins, Oladipo. Management might not have to try to tank, the achilles' and ACL's will be popping in no time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

If the Rockets let fans back in, they should run a free Big Mac promo if you get to see a catastrophic injury during the game.

Wall, Cousins, Oladipo. Management might not have to try to tank, the achilles' and ACL's will be popping in no time.
    Christian Wood is a legit up and coming player, averaging 22 and 10 so far this year. I kind of like their team if they can stay healthy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Nets are going to find a way to lose despite this.

1) Because they're the Nets

2) LOL @ anyone believing Kyrie and Harden won't clash at some point

3) Good luck beating the Lakers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    DeMarcus Cousins, 30-year-old has-been, decided to rip Harden on the way out:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ouston-rockets

Not that he's wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Lotta moving parts there. I like the Pacers role in this, swapping Oladipo for Levert and a 2nd. Think Levert blends in with that cast much better.

Cleveland I have no idea what they are doing. Collecting bigs I guess. Must be looking to trade Drummond I imagine.

Time for the Nets to collect unsigned vets. JR Smith doing anything? Maybe Waiters Island will join up to chuck up some shots also. Jeremy Lin still alive?
    Definitely going to trade Drummond I’d assume. It’s good value over a late first. Who needs bigs? None are great, but we sure have a lot of them.

Load Metric
    This Nets shit is going to be amazing to watch. One ball for these high usage guys, mental issues aside.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also imagine if they somehow ship Kyrie for Westbrook. The old gang will be back together again.

Of course Westbrook already couldn't get along with Harden in the last recent stint, so I don't see it happening.

Load Metric
    Yeah, who is going to play defense? They might not need it if they can ever all get their heads right, but that’s really doubtful. Ideally Irving comes back and plays well and they can move him for multiple pieces that fit and play defense. It’s going to be entertaining as fuck watching it look great and then likely implode.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    u take simmons/thybulle + picks from 76ers over Oladipo and 4 possibly shitty picks from nets, obvious grudge between morey & owner going on. simmons signed for 4 years, oladipo for 1 and u will have to pay a shit load to keep him? retard

Platinum
    Load Metric
    they tried this once and it blew up masterfully and gave the celtics a nice war chest which i am still grateful for...

when this fails (and it will because as mentioned kyrie is a space cadet and there's only one ball) they are beyond fucked up the ass...

all of these guys have contracts that expire after 2021-22 and player options for 2022-23...so basically the nets said 'fuck it, we're all in' for what may only be a 2 year run...will be interesting to see how that pans out in LA because i think both PG and khawi are up after this year or have player options and they did the same thing as brooklyn did on a slightly smaller scale...they gave up SGA to make it happen, which was a big get for OKC...

at least with PG/khwai i get it...they're two superstar players who aren't fucking knuckleheads so the clippers actually had a shot...to look at kyrie and all the bullshit he has pulled just in the last fucking week and think that he's stable enough to take a shot on is fucking YOLO at it's finest...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    they tried this once and it blew up masterfully and gave the celtics a nice war chest which i am still grateful for...

when this fails (and it will because as mentioned kyrie is a space cadet and there's only one ball) they are beyond fucked up the ass...

all of these guys have contracts that expire after 2021-22 and player options for 2022-23...so basically the nets said 'fuck it, we're all in' for what may only be a 2 year run...will be interesting to see how that pans out in LA because i think both PG and khawi are up after this year or have player options and they did the same thing as brooklyn did on a slightly smaller scale...they gave up SGA to make it happen, which was a big get for OKC...

at least with PG/khwai i get it...they're two superstar players who aren't fucking knuckleheads so the clippers actually had a shot...to look at kyrie and all the bullshit he has pulled just in the last fucking week and think that he's stable enough to take a shot on is fucking YOLO at it's finest...

hmmmm gambling on a colossal fail aint a bad idea especially if he didnt want to do business with his former GM

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    u take simmons/thybulle + picks from 76ers over Oladipo and 4 possibly shitty picks from nets, obvious grudge between morey & owner going on. simmons signed for 4 years, oladipo for 1 and u will have to pay a shit load to keep him? retard
    they got 4 pick swaps as well...agreed that the first couple of picks are probably gonna be dogshit, but there is a distinct possibility that the last couple of picks and the swaps are gonna be worth something...

id rather take a shot on re-signing oladipo...if simmons aint a willing shooter by this point he's never gonna be...you're never gonna win a championship with a guy like that as a main piece...defenses can just sag off of him and dare him to find his balls to take a 3 in the pressure of the playoffs...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

hmmmm gambling on a colossal fail aint a bad idea especially if he didnt want to do business with his former GM
    yeah but how badly are they fucked if/when this blows up if they dont win it all? i mean i have zero clue how the hell they're gonna rebuild...tough to have a successful team without some semblance of lottery talent...

Load Metric
    As a Cavs fan, we have 4 guys in Sexton, Garland, Okoro, and Allen that I don’t hate all 22 and younger. There isn’t a sure thing among them, but this is the only way to do it in Cleveland with the new flattened lottery odds. We still lose this year anyway, but build the core and hope to get lucky with a star later. You basically need to pick a Giannis mid first lucky type pick at some point in next few years. It is what it is.

We aren’t ever getting free agents.

Obviously the Harden story is much bigger to the rest of the world. It’s a super polarized trade. It’s either going to be their mental health issues wreck everything or they are outscore everyone 150-130 every night

The thing with these nutjobs is you could make a run, even win one, and it’s still possible someone wants to leave, which nets you a big return if they played well. Or nothing if they just walk. The Rockets look like they got garbage on paper, but it could work out.

Their biggest problem is their owner is obviously broke. Like you keep an Allen if you aren’t. That element makes no sense you want to walk away with a nice young player because the picks and swaps are pure guesses.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Nets are going to find a way to lose despite this.

1) Because they're the Nets

2) LOL @ anyone believing Kyrie and Harden won't clash at some point

3) Good luck beating the Lakers
    LOL at Kyrie immediately becoming expendable. Serves him right for all of the histrionics.

If I'm Brooklyn, I shop him immediately and see if another team overvalues him.

It's going to be an interesting experiment, as the last 5+ years of Rockets teams were specifically tailored to maximize Harden's skillset.

It's a good thing that the Nets have no fans - as good as Harden can be, immediately cashing in all of the draft equity and young players that took 7 years to build back up for a demonstrably overweight, mercurial superstar who may only have a couple of good years left is a tough sell.

Bet $200 with a friend at even odds that the Nets won't come out of the East. We'll see.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    But according to SNYTV’s Tommy Dee, Irving is “furious” with the organization. And it has nothing to do with the team’s decision to onboard James Harden via a four-team trade, either.

Irving reportedly is upset by the Nets’ decision to hire Steve Nash as head coach because he was “not in favor” of it.

Dee also described the relationship between Irving and teammate Kevin Durant as “very distant.”

I guess I was a bit naďve in thinking that Kyrie would at least play the playoffs this year to win the championship.

Load Metric
    But according to SNYTV’s Tommy Dee, Irving is “furious” with the organization. And it has nothing to do with the team’s decision to onboard James Harden via a four-team trade, either.

Irving reportedly is upset by the Nets’ decision to hire Steve Nash as head coach because he was “not in favor” of it.

Dee also described the relationship between Irving and teammate Kevin Durant as “very distant.”

I guess I was a bit naďve in thinking that Kyrie would at least play the playoffs this year to win the championship.
    Ummm. Based on firsthand experience, that’s a no.

This is easily the best storyline in the NBA if Kyrie decides to come back. Don’t rule out him taking a powder.

Some say Kyrie is using the time off to lobby for bottomless NY strip clubs for Harden’s arrival.

Load Metric

"Very distant" also describes Kyrie's relationship with reality.

Thread Information